Chapter 2: New kid

Three Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you seen the new kid yet?”

“I heard he’s absolutely divine. But he’s joining tomorrow, not today. Head girl said so.”

“Damn, I hope he’s single...”         

“Irene, you should definitely test him out.”       

“Pfft, as if. I’m through with relationships-”        

“OKAY GIRLS. HE’S TO BE IN OUR CLASS! Scream time!”

“Ahhhhhhhh! Oh my GAARSH!” A lean Taehyung pummelled himself against the row of lockers beside the group of girls as they giggled and brushed their hair back. But his large eyes were pinned on Irene and Irene alone.

Rolling her eyes, “Girls, we’re going to be late for class. Let’s go.”

Taehyung clucked his teeth as he flirtatiously grinned to all four girls individually. They blushed and covered their lips with locks of hair. But before Irene could walk away, the orange haired boy grabbed onto her wrist and spun her around to face him, as her back thudded flat against the lockers.

Taehyung was now looming over her, his hot breath tickling her forehead. 

Irene gulped as she was evidently flustered, “What are you doing, let go of me.”

“No. Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the year?”

She scowled, “I’ll try to.”

Taehyung pushed her harder against the lockers, one hand flat on the metal door behind, “What if I don’t let you?” He growled softly; they were less than inches away. 

She tried to push the butterflies away from her belly, “Get off. Don’t crawl back to me just because you’re . We have class now.”

Taehyung ground his teeth and applied pressure onto Irene’s small wrist as she furrowed her neat brows in pain.

Chuckling, “If I was , I could get in your pants right here, right now,” locking his huge eyes with hers, “But I’m not. I just want us to be friends. Like we used to be.”

Sensing his pressure reduce, Irene instantly snatched her hand away before kneeing the boy in his groin so he howled in pain.

“Well you can scratch that off your list. You should’ve thought about being friends before you dumped me.”

And she gave the handsome boy one fleeting look before walking away as gracefully as she does.

Clutching onto his groin, Taehyung bit down on his bottom lip and absorbed the stinging pain which was relentless.

But someone else’s internal pain was rising. He didn’t know why, but as his round eyes had witnessed Taehyung grabbing Irene’s wrist and pressing his tanned body into hers; Jungkook’s vision was becoming cloudy.

Sniffing once, he ran outside as far and wide as he could.

*

JIMIN’S POV

“Intelligence and right...right-eous action...”

I added that term into the dictionary of my mind.

Turning around, I stared at the school CCTV camera pinned on the black pole from which a pathetic flag was hoping for a gust of wind to allow its purpose to be met.

Cocking my head to the side, I wondered why the children needed to be watched. 

My eyes drifted towards its single wire as I followed the whereabouts. Well hidden inside the black pole, I smirked and picked up a lonely scalpel lying around behind the bushes I was crouching down in.

Hey, I am attracted to shiny things and the school plaque had caught my eye. I brushed a few leaves off the white school shirt I was told to wear.

I was told to wear.

My jaw automatically ground itself.

Shaking my head, I laughed out loud before running an index finger down the scalpel, “Hmm, mild to moderate pain infliction as per a numerical rating scale,” I grinned with my eyes puffing, “But that is dependent on how one uses a scalpel. For now, you will be used to free the children from this watchful gaze." 

I drowned in thoughts of potential blood loss which could occur as a result of attacking the right part of a human body.

Smoothly swaggering towards the camera, I brushed a stray lock of blonde hair from my face before stopping an inch from the black pole. Crouching down to a ball, my heels flat on the ground; I ran two fingers down where the pole met grass and stabbed the blade in as hard as possible; tilting it upwards until I felt the friction of a wire.

Cutting it thrice, the veins in my hands throbbed before I abandoned the used scalpel and smirked.

“Jackpot.”

But no sooner had I stood up to admire my work did I hear a door smashing open.

Turning around sharply, my eyes fell upon a boy who had run out of the main school door. I knew he wouldn't be able to see me due to the high bushes and my not-so-tall height concealing my presence.

But I could see him.

And my throat went dry as I saw he was wiping his eyes.

Stepping forward, my shiny black shoes were making little to no sound.

But I froze because I realised he was talking to himself.

“...Get a ing grip Jungkook! Honestly, how dumb can you be?! Do you want to be chucked out of Busan too? Do you want to be bullied out of your life?! ARGH!”

He kicked the nearby trashcan as its contents spilled out, landing down the main school steps. His large fists were curled into tight white balls, sleeves of his white shirt rolled up his forearm to reveal thick veins and muscle whilst his body frame was tall and sturdy.

My eyes widened and I unknowingly gnawed my bottom lip, tasting cherry balm.

Looking up, his face made me wonder.

Doe eyes and furrowed thick brows under a full bowl cut fringe. Innocent expression defined by bunny like teeth and taut lips, teenage skin revealing his true age.

I was lost for words. 

This boy was art and I’ve always been told to examine pictures and meaningless paintings. But he had meaning, his breathy voice was filled with desperate desire and longing. The desire to be discovered. The longing to be wanted.

My forever hardened eyes softened for less than a split second.

But then it buzzed.

It buzzed louder and louder, ripping my eardrums apart and drilling holes into my skull; knocking at my brain and ceaselessly tinkling the smallest of my veins.

It was telling me to stop being human, reminding me I enjoy playing games. 

The implants were wiring and controlling my movements as it has done for my whole life.

I don’t know where the tracker is planted in my body. All I know is that whenever I want to be happy, it tells me to be angry. It tells me to hide away and orders me to obey the rules at all times. 

I don’t know what the rules are, but I know the rules are there to be obeyed.

The buzzing drives me mental. I see red and I want to kill. My skull feels too small for my mutating brain and like a Pitbull Terrier; I want to attack those who show me affection.

Affection.

 

He mustn’t wake up from the coma I put him in. Because if he wakes up, this new art will leave. 

 

There was no sun or moon; no day or night. Just white walls and white sheets. Just robot controlled cameras and white shirts. I never knew what the world was until one year ago.

The same hot liquid formed in my eyes as I wiped it away.

I sighed.

That always happens after i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter