lovesick

three; 

At the thought of meeting you, I get dressed up
I want to talk to you today, I strongly promise myself
Should I confess to you? I hesitate hundreds of times
But in front of you, my head grows blank at the smell of your shampoo

 

   It’s only been a week since his first day at his new boarding school, since he first met Eunha, Rowoon and Taeyang. The week went by pretty fast, Chanhee did nothing on his weekend but work. 

  Today was Sunday and Chanhee concluded Taeyang was odd. It was strange how he would always see Taeyang around, coincidence or not. In the dorms Chanhee would always try his hardest to avoid Taeyang like the plague. It worked for most of it.

  Today was his first time seeing Taeyang at his work. Well, most students from his school came here so of course.. It’s merely a coincidence.

   He was here. Chanhee was busy cleaning out the coffee dispenser with a hand towel until he realized the familiar foreign looking classmate of his walk in.

   His silver hair was unmissable. He still had his earphones shoved in and he was out of his school uniform, he sported a white t-shirt with his sleeves rolled up and tight black jeans.

   Chanhee in his breath at how uneasily muscled Taeyang was, his bronze skin basically glowed under the dim light of the café. 

   One of his co-workers that had showed him the basics on his first day, Zuho, tapped him on the shoulder to tell Chanhee he’s on break and to take over his shift at the counter. He explained to him earlier how to work it so it was fine, muster up the fakest smile, take their order, press a few buttons, put the money in, tell them it will be ready soon and repeat. 

  Which meant..

   “Good afternoon welcome to Park Café how may I take your order?” Chanhee asked with a toothy smile as he looked up at Taeyang from under his bangs, having a notepad to write down his order. 

   Taeyang squinted at him for a second, his cheeks slowly turning a light pink but Chanhee didn’t notice. Taeyang took a bit to order, usually from what Chanhee observed of him for the past week is that he was always cocky, loud and outgoing. 

   In front of Chanhee however, he seemed mysterious, quiet, a man of few words. Chanhee couldn’t really read Taeyang well and usually he could.. But Taeyang’s weird. He’s never spoken to him once.

   “One mango iced tea.. p-please.” Taeyang spoke quietly, this was new. Chanhee almost snorted but kept his smile on, it didn’t feel forced anymore. 

   “Name?”

    “..Taeyang.”

    “Your order will be ready in a minute.” Chanhee gave Taeyang a side glance and went off to start his easy order.

~

   Taeyang let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. It was weird, his friends even pointed out how he was acting recently.

 Ever since the new student Chanhee had came to the school and entered his dorm with the most oblivious blinding smile, Taeyang felt something he’s never felt.

   He couldn’t figure out what it was, but he never brought it up to other people. He couldn’t stop looking out at crowds to see if Chanhee was somewhere there. He felt creepy, he shouldn’t suddenly care about someone he doesn’t even know.

   But he felt compelled to somehow. He felt compelled to go to Chanhee’s work and see him in his uniform and see how much of a prince aura he gave off while smiling at costumers, cleaning dishes and taking orders. 

  It how much Taeyang liked to see that, but he knows he’s probably not a crush. Taeyang doesn’t do crushes or dating. Maybe he just wanted to play around with Chanhee.

  Though he didn’t want to. Even when he first saw the boy he wasn’t interested but suddenly felt his breath hitch up when he sat next to him. He knows Chanhee is aware of Taeyang and his status, everyone is. So Chanhee knows his boundaries. He’s probably heard of the rumor that he didn’t date because of a boy who broke his heart, they weren’t wrong. He did get his heart broken but he still hopes he’d see the boy one more time. 

   Taeyang wishes he didn’t have this status sometimes, but it just came to him because of his looks, and his older brother Youngjae, everyone suddenly got interested in him in freshman year because popular junior Yoo Youngjae’s younger brother would be joining them. So that’s where he gained all the attention from. Youngjae told him to keep his image up, he couldn’t let anyone see the real him and let people misunderstand him.

   His brother’s image was more cute and sassy than Taeyang’s, he wasn’t seen as a player or anything like Taeyang was. He was seen as a diva and everyone cowered around him but cooed when he did something cute with his promising boyfriend, Daehyun, who was seen as the senior prince or basically some guy who came out of a manga.

   Taeyang was the only one with a bad reputation, he couldn’t help that he was loud and wanted to do things he wanted, he couldn’t help being lonely and having boys and girls around him to play around with. He wanted people to know the real him but his reputation along with his brother holds him back.

  No one befriended him for him. They befriended him for his reputation, his looks, his money. Like his now ex boytoy Hwiyoung, Taeyang heard he was going to try and rob him. Hence why he used revenge on him, he was powerful enough to do so in this school of 3000 students. His influence was strong. He didn’t like using his power over the students but he hated being treated like a fool.

   “Taeyang.” Chanhee called out. Even the way he said Taeyang’s name was nice.. But he’s too stubborn to try and befriend him. 

   Maybe he will soon. 

 

 HAHAHCHDN sorry for taking a bit longer to update D: ive been busy and its flaming hot so i had no motivation to do stuff but here it is:) and now i show Taeyangs point of view towards the end heh