Chapter 6

Call On Me

[A/N] 

hai gaise~~ it's been a long time since my last update, and im really so sorry for being MIA for the past few months. i had personal problems fixed (and still to be fixed), but i finally had time to finish this chapter, but sad to say, only one chapter left before the story ends, but dun worry. i'll be doing the sequel of this songfic. stay tuned! ^^

===============

"If you need somebody, then I'm out on my way
Stab me in the back and slam the door in my face
Throw the records on me that he used to play
You can call on me
"

===============

"Unnie-deul... he doesnt wanna me to be his friend. He suddenly pushed me away. I know it's my fault."

 

Yerim's knees fell down as she continued bawling more tears; she couldnt even control her feelings at this point, which made the four girls formed a very warm group hug. They couldnt stand their maknae suffer from that kind of pain, and they even knew the truth behind."

 

Yerm-ah~ listen to me," Seulgi wept the maknae's falling tears and then hugging her after, "we girls know the truth, and so as Jae oppa. I know youre even frustrated and mad at him right now cos he suddenly pushed you away like he didnt know you. We're also frustrated at how he treated you like that, but I know for sure there's a reason."

"For what, Sseul unnie? I didn't do anything wrong to him, and he already knew the situation better, but...but I still dont understand why." Yerim continued bawling.

"We also dunno why he made an move towards you, but with all honesty, Seulgi's right," Joohyun reassured her, and agreed to what Seulgi told her, "I know youre hesitated cos youre hurt, but I need you to trust us, Yerim. I know he didnt do that in purpose."

"I honestly dunno what to do right now, unnie." Yerim leaned onto Joohyun's shoulder while crying in which Joohyun replied with a hug.

"Don't worry, Yerim. I'll talk to homie about that tomorrow." Seungwan patted the maknae's head, and hugged her.

"Maybe just give him time to reflect, Yerim." Sooyoung also gave her a hug.

 

Yerim might felt really hurt due to Jaehyung's hurtful words towards her and the fact that she felt like he threw the friendship away because of the issue, she still felt blessed cos she was being showered by her RV unnies with love.

 

"Honestly, unnie-deul, I admit I cannot take away the fact that I'm still feeling hurt right now, but I'm really happy and blessed cos of you gaise. Thank you so much for being here with me, and I honestly dunno what to do without you and your love."

"Of course, Yerm. Thats what friends are for-- I'm wrong. We're family, right?" Seulgi exclaimed.

"Well, you got it right, unnie. Hahahaha thank you so much unnie-deul." Yerim planted a wide squirtle smile.

"It's always our pleasure, Yerim," Sooyoung replied, "but by the way, I saw you a while ago with a guy in front of our dorm building."

"Ayyyiieeee. Is that your suit--?" Seungwan teased the maknae.

"Huh? It's not like that. He saw me crying in the dark corner, and befriended him after cos he's really nice, then found out that his dorm's on the end part of this street."

"Wow really?! I wanna meet him. What's his name, by the way?" Sooyoung seemed like she's more excited.

"Kim Jonghyun. NU'EST's Kim Jonghyun."

"WAIT WHAT? KIM JONGHYUN? YOU MEAN THE NATION'S LEADER IN PD101 SEASON 2? THE ONE THAT BOA-SUNBAENIM HOSTED?!" Sooyoung screamed like a fangirl.

"Unbelivable it is, but yes, Joy unnie."

"OMG YERIM! Why you didnt tell that to us earlier? KYAAAAAA I WAS ROOTING FOR HIM!" Joohyun couldnt even believe of that fact.

"Although I was voting for Park Jihoon, I honestly felt bad for him being not included in the final Wanna One lineup cos he's honestly one of the strong candidates, but I heard they just got their first win after five years! I'm really happy for him and the group!" Seulgi said.

"I feel you, Sseulbear. I'm really happy for them, but still bittersweet. I suddenly remembered I was hosting The Show with Hwang Minhyun during our last year's comeback, but he's in Wanna One right now and would be back in NU'EST after his contract there ends. He's (Minhyun) my fixed pick as well." Seungwan reminisced the memories.

"We're all in this together, girls! But during that time, as much as I wanna vote for Jonghyun oppa, I still choose my close friend." This was Sooyoung reminisced the feeling of being torn.

"We know that, Joy-stick. You voted for Kang Daniel." Seulgi winked at Sooyoung.

"Yaaaaah! Leave me alone, bear unnie~~ do you wanna die with Jae oppa?" Sooyoung faked her anger with a pout on her lips.

"Uhmmm... by the way unnie-deul, dont worry. You gaise would meet Jonghyun-bugi oppa tomorrow morning."

"Really?"

Instead of using , she just nodded as her reply meant to answer the leader's question.

"By the way, unnie-deul, I'm going to the dining room now. I'm already hungry."

"Sure thing, Yerimmie. We reserved the plate with our dinner meal for you."

"Thank you so much, Irene unnie! You're the best!" She hugged Joohyun then left the scene to eat.

 

As Yerim went to the dining roon for her dinner, Joohyun secret gathered the three girls in a secret conversation.

 

"Good news, girls. Jonghyun would be here tomorrow morning." Joohyun couldnt hide her wide smile.

"Wow? Really? So daebak!" Seulgi exclaimed once again.

"Cant wait to meet him in person as well. You know what to do, girls." Joohyun winked.

 

On the other hand, the morning after came, and the DAY6 boys were already awake except for Jaehyung. Fortunately, they have a free time today, and they could go wherever they want and do whatever they want. On that morning, Sungjin and Wonpil were busy cleaning their dorm, while Younghyun and Dowoon were responsible for preparing their breakfast. Few minutes later and as the two were already done preparing, they called Sungjin and Wonpil to eat breakfast with them. While eating, Dowoon prepared a plate with their meal for Jaehyung, and went to the English-line's room.

 

"Hyung, here's your breakfast. I and Brian hyung prepared this."

 

Dowoon put the plate on the table beside two beds (Jaehyung's bed was on the right side, and he was covered with a blanket while sleeping during that time), and then left the room to continue eating with the boys.

 

"Is hyung still asleep?" Younghyun's expression was full of concern.

"Yeah." Dowoon nooded.

"Let him be. It's up to him if he'll eat or not. Just leave him alone for now." Sungjin reminded the two.

 

After their conversation, everything they felt was full silence since the 'most talkative member' was not in the mood til someone's phone was calling out of nowhere, and it turned out to be Dowoon's, which he answered.

 

"Oh...I got it. I'll see you later." He hunged up after.

"Who's that, Dowoon?" Wonpil asked while looking at the maknae.

 

Back to the other side, the Red Velvet girls were also eating their breakfast in the living room area, and they were still chitchatting while eating when someone knocked on the door of their dorm room.

 

"Just wait for a minute, unnie-deul." Yerim stood up and went to the door to open to see whho was on the front of the door, and what she thought was right.

"Hi Yerim-bugi!"

"Oh, hi Jonghyun-bugi oppa! Daebak! You're already here!"

"As I promised~" He planted a wide smile.

"But...but how did you got here in our dorm room?"

"I asked the guard about your dorm room. Hehehe~"

"I see~ by the way oppa, come in. I also want you to meet my RV unnies personally. I know you meet us once in a music show before, but this time, you'll meet them personally!" Yerim let Jonghyun in and walked their way to the living roon area to let him meet the other girls.

"Daebak! Thank you for this opportunity, Yerim-bugi."

"Always be my pleasure, Jonghyun-bugi opp--"

"Just call me bugi oppa for short. Hehehehe it seemed complicated if you called me with that very long nickname." He joked.

"Alright, bugi oppa," Yerim gave him an eye smile while they stopped walking cos they're already in their living room, ready to introduce him to the girls, "uhm, unnie-deul, here's my new friend, Jonghyun oppa," she then pointed to him after, "oppa, meet my Red Velvet unnie-deul."

"Hello, JR sunbaenim! We're really honoured to meet you." The other girls bowed to him."

"Hello girls and noona-deul. I also didnt expect this, but thank you for the welcome, and me too. We might have met already before, but it's my first time meeting you personally." Jonghyun replied politely.

"We are as well. You know what, JR-ssi, I was rooting for you in Produce, but I'm happy for what you and your group achieved." Joohyun showed her support.

"Thank you for your kind words and support, Irene noona. I also hope that we could have a collab soon."

"Me too, we also want to collaborate with you and the group as well."

"Hehehe, by the way, Irene noona, I just wanna ask as well if it's okay to take Yerim out in the arcade today? She told me what happened, and I want her to unwind from those problems." He asked for permission in a shy way.

"Jonghyun-ssi, you dun need to be shy. You're very welcome to take our maknae out," Seulgi jumped in the conversation as well, "we also want her to forget the hurt that she felt for her bestfriend."

"Waaaah! Thank you so much, unnie-deul! You're the best, girls!" Yerim jumped out of her excitement.

"Thank you so much, girls. Dun worry, I'll bring her back here safe and sound. We'll be going now." Jonghyun smiled.

"You better tho. Hahahaha, but before you gaise go, can I have a favour, Jonghyun-ssi?!" It was Joohyun's turn to ask him permission on something.

"W-what is it, noona?"

 

Instead of replying, Joohyun deadass gave a nod signal to the girls, and they started bringing their white blank papers and pens out from their backs one by one, which made Jonghyun shook and Yerim laughed.

 

"JR-ssi, can we have an autograph?"

 

Few hours later, Dowoon went to the supermarket with Jaehyung for their food later cos they already have no snacks or ingredients for their dinner meal left on their fridge. Dowoon was supposed to go alone cos right after, he'd meet someone, but in one blink, Jaehyung, the depressed Jaehyung who locked himself for almost 24 hours due to the issue, wanted to unwind himself and suddenly asked Dowoon to go with him, which the maknae agreed with a big smile.

As theyre still buying stuffs in the supermarket, Dowoon's phone rang in which he confirmed it was a call, and he answered.

 

"I'm still in the supermarket... are you there already? I'll be going later. Bye." He hanged up the call afterwards.

"Uhmmmm... may I know who's calling you?" Jaehyung, wearing a black face mask covering the majority of his face along with the black hoodie, curiously asked.

"Ohh... it's my friend, hyung. By the way, is it okay if I'll leave those stuff to you?"

"Sure, no problem, Dowoonnie. I can handle this. Besides, no one would recognise me with this mask." He chuckled.

"Yah! Yah! You finally laughed, hyung!"

"No, I'm not." Jaehyung denied.

"If you say so," Dowoon grinned, "by the way, here's the list of what would buy. I'll be going to meet my friend. If youre done and you wanna meet up, I'll text you the location."

"Gotchu, fam."

"Okay, I'll be going. Bye for now, hyung. Just text me if youre going to meet me there after."

 

Instead, Jaehyung nodded his head, and as Dowoon left the supermarket, he continued buying their food stuffs.

At the arcade of the mall near the supermarket, Jonghyun and Yerim played basketball together.

 

"Yaaa! Youre loser, bugi oppa!" Yerim flicked her tongue out. 

"Says the one who got no points because of shooting sidewards." Jonghyun way of shooting the ball."

"Hey, that's what you called, style."

"If you say so, Yerim-bugi," Jonghyun chuckled, "by the way, I still couldnt believe your unnies wanted my autograph. Is that your plan, dear?"

"What? Hahaha I also have no idea that Irene unnie planned this . Hahaha you know her. She's really fond of you. All of them."

"Really?"

"HELL YEAH," Yerim shouted while shooting, not knowing that she already scored a point, "WOW! DID YOU SEE THAT, BUGI OPPA? I FINALLY GOT A POINT! YAAAY!"

"WOW FINALLY YERIM!! GREAT JOB OUT THERE~~"

"Thank you, bugi oppa."

"Youre welcome, Yerim~~" Jonghyun high-fived her when suddenly his phone rang, "excuse me for a while, Yerim-bugi. I have to answer the call."

"Sure, no prob."

 

He went outside the arcade to answer the call from someone.

 

"Are you already on your way here... where are you no--"

 

The call was suddenly being interrupted when someone poked Jonghyun on the back, which made him almost got a heart attack.

"Jonghyun-ah~ surprise!"

"What the heck, Dowoonie! You almost gave me a heart attack. But you finally came. It's been a while~" He gave the younger a friendly hug.

"Yeah, long time no see, buddy." They initiated the fist bump after.

"Wanna play inside the arcade?"

"You know I love arcade games, buddy. Hahaha let's go."

 

Jonghyun and Dowoon were close friends even before Dowoon's debut in DAY6, and two of the pioneers of the famous '95 Club' in which consists of K-Idols who were born on the 95. Other notable members of the club were their two close friends aka Hwang Minhyun and Ong Seongwoo. Jonghyun got the biggest responsibility of the club as the president, while Dowoon, Minhyun and Seongwoo were being assigned as the 'board of directors'. But this time around, since Minhyun and Seongwoo were both busy with their Wanna One activities, Jonghyun decided to call Dowoon for a friendly hangout.

As the two men got inside the arcade and went to Yerim, an unexpectable moment happened.

 

"By the way, buddy, I wanna introduce you to my new friend. Buddy, this is Yerim." Jonghyun poked Yerim, who was still busy shooting the ball.

"Annyeong haseyo! I'm Yer--" the younger was supposed to greet, but when she turned around, her eyes widened.

"D-dowoon oppa? / Yeri-ssi?" Both Dowoon and Yerim pointed at each other simultaneously.

"W-whaaaat? D-do you gaise know each other?" Jonghyun, on the other hand, wondered while having a bit shocked at the revelation in front of him.

"Yeah." Both of them replied.

 

Few hours later, the three were seated in a restaurant in front of the supermarket, and the atmosphere was filled with complete silence while eating pizza until Jonghyun broke.

 

"So... how did you gaise know each other?"

"I-I wasnt really close to him, but he's my bestfriend's bandmate. The bassist and the guitarist are my closest ones among the DAY6 members, but the guitarist is my bestfriend." Yerim felt a bit frightened while speaking in front of Dowoon.

"Listen, Yeri-ssi. I know youre hurt right now cos of what Jae hyung did to you yesterday, but please. Let me explain in behalf of hi--"

"I dun wanna hear that for now, Dowoon oppa. Please." She was about to cry.

"I'm sorry, Yeri."

"Aigoo... dont cry, Yerim-bugi. I know youre a strong girl." Jonghyun gave the crying Yerim who was beside him a very warm hug, which she was a bit melted. She continued crying in Jonghyun's arms til she felt calm, and composed herself, while Dowoon also wanted to comfort her, but he felt guilty at the same time.

"I'm so sorry, oppa-deul. I shouldnt be emotional this time." Yerim wiped her tears quickly.

"No worries, Yeri. I just hope you would take time to heal yourself, and again, I'm sorry for what Jae hyung did, and as Yugyeom's friend as well, I'm also sorry for what he said to you."

"Dont be so hard on yourself, Dowoonie. I heard that issue on the news a while ago, but I didnt know that it was because of Yerim, and if I was in his position, I would smack that guy as well."

"Thank you for your understanding, buddy." Dowoon patted Jonghyun's shoulder.

"I really hope everything would be fixed in the right time, but for now, let's finish eating pizza so that we could go back to the arcade and play again!"

"YEHEEEEY!"

"Thank you bugi oppa for making my day happier, and thank you Dowoon oppa for being here as well."

"Our pleasure, dear Yeri."

 

They already finished their pizza time as they already gained energy and went back to the arcade for more play time, and they were on the place for 7 hours non stop til they realised it was already evening, and Yerim needed to go home.

 

"Holy , it's already 6.30pm, and I need to go home, oppa-deul. My unnies are already worried." Yerim took a glimpse of her phone.

"Me too. I almost forgot we have a band practice later at 9pm, and I need to prepare more." Dowoon added.

"Alright. Me as well since we're all tired of playing non-stop, and I also needed to update the game console in our dorm."

"I really had fun today, oppa-deul. Thank you so much for helping me unwind more."

"Me too, Yeri-ssi, and Jonghyunie as well. By the way, I wont be sending you gaise off today cos I'll be now going to the dorm."

"No worries, Dowoonie. Take care and go home safely. We'll be going home as well."

"Alright. Bye buddy. Bye Yeri."

"Bye buddy."

"Bye Dowoon oppa!"

 

After a half-hour travel from the mall, the two finally reached the street to their dorms. Jonghyun dropped Yerim to her dorm first like what he did last night.

 

"Thank you so much bugi oppa for today. I might still feel hurt, but it was lessen because of you. I'm really glad I have a friend like you."

"That's what friends are for, Yerim-bugi. I'm still hoping that you and your bestfriend would settle things up."

"In the right time, bugi oppa. In the right time."

"It's alright, dear. Take your time. By the way, I'll be going now. Take care, Yerim-bugi! Bye!" He waved his hand as he bid goodbye.

"Bye bugi oppa! You too as well!" She replied with a wave as well.

 

Yerim checked if Jonghyun went away from her dorm building further so that she would feel relief that he would be home there safe and sound. As he was already far away, she started to go inside the dorm building when someone held Yerim's right arm tightly.

 

"WHAT THE LEMME--" Her face became terrified when she turned around, "w-w-what are you doing, Jae oppa?"

 

It was the drunk Jaehyung who was in front of her, holding her right arm very tight like he never wanted to let her go.

 

"Seriously, let me g--"

"W-who's t-that guy beside you, squirtle?"

"I thought you dun wanna see me? I thought you dun want me to be your friend?"

"WHO'S THAT GUY, KIM YERIM??" Jaehyung shouted at her while holding her right arm even tighter.

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE, PARK JAEHYUNG?! YOU EVEN SAID TO MY ING FACE THAT IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" She yelled at him as her frightened tears started to fall.

 

Jaehyung's expression became cold as he started to pin her on the wall, and Yerim could even smell the alcohol on his mouth that she couldnt even take it anymore. She was about to escape when he put his left hand onto the wall, cornering her. She felt like it was already the end, so she started to push him away, but his skinny feature is suprisingly much stronger than her due to force, and he held both her hands tightly.

 

"LET ME GO, OPPA!! LET ME ING GO! SOMEBODY HELP ME---"

 

She started crying for help when the drunk bestfriend started to kiss her in surprised and unconcious way.

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?"

 

Jaehyung didnt leave his lips on Yerim's, which made the young girl terrified more and more and felt helpless, but there was one thing on her mind. She pushed him away with full force and smacked him right on his face in which he groaned in pain.

 

"I-I'm sorry, squirtle... I'm really sorr--"

"I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!"