Chapter 2

Call On Me

"Said you wished you had a punching bag
You wanna hit something real bad
Call on me cos I know just what it feels like
"

=============

"Oppa, do you have a beer?"

 

That statement made Jaehyung surprised as he didnt see and expect that coming from an 18-year-old idol, which was considered to be a minor age for all aspects.

 

"Whoa there! You aint even 19, and you had the guts to drink beer? Like dude, seriously on your age? No, squirtle."

"Yaaaaa! I'm going to be 19 next month anyway!"

"Dude. Even though youre going to, as long you're still 18, youre not allowed, and thats my duty as your bestfriend-slash-brother-slash-chicken police--" He started to act like an overprotective brother.

"But I just need a release. Please." Her pleading eyes said it all.

 

Few minutes later, Jaehyung went back to the riverbanks from the convenience store with three cans of beer on a plastic bag. Although he was totally against with her idea, he chose to help her. As he was back in the riverbanks, he saw Yerim sitting alone in the grass, and he couldnt help it but felt sad seeing his bestfriend so sad and alone. He knew what was best for her cos he was like a brother to her since she had no sibling that could depend on. They might be friends from the moment RV was being guested in ASC, but they started to get closer since Younghyun and Seulgi's case.

 

"Here are your beloved beers, squirtle." He handed her the plastic bag.

"Thanks chicken oppa! You're the best!" She bowed, then gave him a hug as a thank you gesture.

"I'll only allow you to drink today cos you said so. You wanna have a release, then fine."

"Okaaaaay..."

"So, what happened between you and Yugyeom, anyway?"

 

Instead of answering, she opened the first can of beer and dunk the hole on like there was no tomorrow, but moments later she threw up due to the beer's bitter taste.

 

"Yaaah! Are you okay, squirtle?" Jaehyung held Yerim's shoulder for guidance.

"Yeah. Thanks oppa. Dont worry."

"You should be careful."

 

Persistent Yerim was still persistent as she continued to drink the can despite of the fact that she might threw up again cos of the taste. Jaehyung, on the other hand, couldnt help but feel worried and anxious about her emotions while watching her drinking. It was his first time seeing her in such devastating state, yet it was her first time drinking alcohol, but as she was done with not just one but two cans, she randomly yet hysterically shouted so loud.

 

" YOU KIM YUGYEOM! YOU AND YOUR FAKE , BACKSTABBER! I TRUSTED YOU AS MY FRIEND, BUT IS THIS WHAT I GET FROM YOU? HOPE KARMA WILL AWAITS YOU FOR WAHT YOU DID TO ME!"

 

It was about time for Jaehyung to do some action as a bestfriend-brother.

 

"Whoa there, snorlax! Calm down!"

"Get out of my sight! Youre friends with that jerk, right?! He's in the same label as you!" Yerim's tone and the way she speaks changed as she fell under the alcoholic influence easily, which made Jaehyung looked like a paranoid.

"DUDE! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? YOURE STARTING TO SPIT OUT SOME NONSENSE THINGS!"

"I-I w-wan-na h-hit you a-and that j-jerk so bad. Y-you even had t-the guts to talk bout me behind my ba--"

"YOURE ALREADY DRUNK, SNORLAX! YOU KNOW WHAT, I'LL JUST TAKE YOU HOME."

 

Jaehyung couldnt bear it anymore, and he started to carry her drunk state off the riverbanks, and even though she was probably more heavier than him, he still did carry her in piggyback style while holding the cage with her iguana.

 

"YAAAAAAH! LET ME GO!!"

"No! I'll take you home back to the dorm, and I'm ing sure your unnies are already worried bout you as well, and dude, lemme tell you it's already 30 minutes before 12am."

"JUST LET ME GO--"

"Squirtle. For the love of beer. Do me a favor and shut up."

 

He was shaking his head in worry and anxiousness of her drunk state, but lately found out that she was already sleeping through her loud snores, which made him a bit amused. It was already midnight, and he might have band rehearsals in the morning for their upcoming album showcase in the next month, but he didnt care as long as he was being able to take his squirtle sister home safe and sound; however at the same time, he was really curious on what and why on earth did his friend Yugyeom do to Yerim.

 

30 minutes passed, and Jaehyung already felt so tired in carrying her while walking, but he felt so relieved cos they finally arrived at the Red Velvet girls' dorm, and he was about on his way to the dorm when he talked to the guard.

 

"Hello sir, can I ask you a favor?"

"Hi, Mr. Jae! Is that Yeri?"

"Yeah. She's already drunk, and my body's already tired. Can you please help me bring her to her room?"

"Sure thing!"

"Thank you so much! Youre a lifesaver!"

 

Both two men carried the young drunk girl in both sides upstairs cos the elevator was in maintenance during that time. As they were already in front of the door of the girls' room, he bowed to the guard to thank him. He knocked on the door three times while carrying her on his side, and waited for the response. Few seconds later, he heard someone inside coming to the door.

 

"Oh, hi Jae op--" It was Seulgi who opened the door, "is that Yeri?"

"Hello there, Pringles! A-and yes. It was Yeri on my side. She's drunk."

 

The word 'drunk' already made the four girls in the room panicked.

 

"W-what happened, Jaehyung?" Joohyun was obviously anxious like a mother.

"Baechu noona... uhmm... she wanted to get drunk all of the sudden. I was really against with her idea, but she said she wanted a release."

"Wh-what kind of release are you talking about, oppa?" Sooyoung didnt know what was Jaehyung talking about."

"S-she told me she was being betrayed by Yugyeo--"

"I KNEW IT!"