Chapter 4

Call On Me

"Didnt think I'd fall for you so bad
True love found in something sad
Call on me, but I've got to bite on my tongue
"

=============

"THEN YOU, SON OF A !"

 

Jaehyung suddenly gave Yugyeom a strong punch right on his face as he couldnt control his anger due to his insulting words.

 

"WTAF HYUNG WHY DID YOU PUNCH ME?"

"YOU HAVE REALLY GUTS TO ASK ME THAT. WELL, LEMME ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION. WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO YERI?" Jaehyung put his hand on the collar part of Yugyeom's t-shirt and pulled closer.

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE, HYUNG?" Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

"HOW DARE YOU EVEN SAY THAT TO HER?"

"ARE YOU EVEN HIS BOYFRIE--

"THE MORE YOU TALK ABOUT HER AND MY RELATIONSHIP TO HER THAT YOU SHOULDNT MIND, THE MORE I WOULDNT BE HESITATED TO BEAT YOU ONCE AGAIN."

"THEN MAKE ME. BUT DONT FORGET THAT THIS WOULD AFFECT YOUR BAND'S IMAGE. NOT MINE. HAH."

 

Their eyes were gazing with fire facing each other like they wanted to compete. Jaehyung couldnt even sink in, and still couldnt believe that the one hurted his 'lil sis' bestfriend was the one he was close with among GOT7 members. He treated Yugyeom like his own brother, but what he did to Yerim was unacceptable.

 

"I know, and I dont even care. Hope karma awaits you in the future, you scumbag." He gave Yugyeom a very last punch on the face before he started to walk away, but before that, Jaehyung left the lying bloody-nosed Yugyeom another note to remember.

 

"Nice to meet you, disgusting stranger. But hope that we wont ever cross our paths again. Bye felicia."

 

On the other hand, few hours had passed, and the Red Velvet girls were almost finished on their daily training for the upcoming comeback stages. Yerim and Seulgi were packing their things as they were the ones to go to their dorm first to cook for their dinner, while Joohyun would stay in the SM building for a while for their dance evaluation since Seungwan and Sooyoung were already got home in their dorm. While packing their things, Yerim's phone started to ring so loud, which made her a bit panicked, especially it's from an unknown number.

 

"Who's calling, Yerm?" Seulgi asked.

"I dont even know, unnie, but I'll ask."

 

She went out of the building, and pressed the answer button to know who was on the line.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeri?"

"Who's this?"

"It's me, Young K."

"Oh, Young K oppa. How did you get my number by the--"

"It's not important anymore. There's something you need to know."

"Uhmmm... what happened, oppa? I'm so confused."

"Turn your television on right now."

"Ookkaaaaaay, oppa.

 

Dumbfounded by Younghyun's words in the call, Yerim went back to their practise room in a hurry, and had no hesitations to turn the television on anyway.

 

"Yerim! What are you doing? We're not allowed to turn the tele--" Joohyun's eyes widened at what Yerim was doing.

"Irene unnie, I'm sorry, but I need to watch the news just for now. I'm honestly so curious of what Young K oppa told me."

"Is he the one who called you a while ago?" Seulgi asked.

"Yeah."

 

Although a bit hesitant because they might get caught, Joohyun and Seulgi decided to help Yerim in plugging the television on and waiting for the news, but it unfortunately made the three freaked out to the point that they still couldnt believe what they saw, and yeah, you heard it right. It's about Jaehyung.

 

"Good boy no more: DAY6 member Jae in a bad beef with another idol"

 

That's what the news headline was written on the television screen. It was also stated on the report that someone took a photo of them having a bloody fight near Itaewon, and the one whom he had a beef was rumoured to be his own labelmate: GOT7 Yugyeom. The report also stated that the physical beef happened around high noon in accordance to the witness who took pictures of them at a secret corner.

 

As the report about that incident wrapped, the three were honestly having no words while plugging the television off quickly, especially Yerim. She felt so guilty cos she knew it's because of her that Jaehyung got into so much trouble, and she couldnt even forgive myself if something bad happens to him.

 

"Unnie, I'm so sorry. It's my fault." Her tears started to fall.

"Dont you ever blame yourself, Yerm. We know that he was just protecting you, but we didnt even know that this caught him a bad light."

"I honestly cant help it, especially it's because of me to the point that I didnt know I already put him into this kind of spotlight. Unnie, I dont want him to risk himself."

"I understand, Yerim, and we got you." Joohyun initiated a group hug between the three of them.

"Thank you so much, unnie-deul. But I gotta call Young K oppa back."

"Okay, Yerm. Take your time... and--"

"And what? Do you wanna send regards to him?" She winked at Seulgi.

"No, never mind."

"Do you miss him, unnie?" Yerim grinned.

"Well, I dont deny that I missed him. It's just we're not meant to be."

"Forget that 'miss you' drama girls, and let's go home now."

"Irene unnie, you and Sseul unnie may go first. I have to deal with Young K oppa again."

"If you say so~~ well, silly. See you later in the dorm. We have to go now. Bye!"

"Bye unnie-deul!"

 

As the two oldest members went out of SM building, Yerim picked up the phone and dialled the number that Younghyun used to call her a while ago. She heard a ringing tune as she was calling, but she didnt expect this moment.

 

"Uhhmm... hai, Young K oppa?"

"It's me, Dowoon."

"H-hhuuuh? I dont get it--"

"Ah~ Brian hyung used my number to call you a while ago regarding Jae hyung. He already had no money to load his number up."

"Oh, I see, by the way, and I also heard about what happened to Jae oppa. By the way, are you now guys in the dorm?"

"Yeah, and bingo. We need you to be here as we want to speak to you what happened cos chicken little's locking himself inside our dorm room, and he doesnt want to talk to us." Younghyun's voice suddenly came out.

"I'll be going there in a 10min right away."

"Alright. See you later."

 

As she hanged up the call, she quickly texted Seulgi and Joohyun that she would go to the boys' dorm before leaving SM building. While travelling alone through train, fear, guilt and worry dominated her whole emotion system while crying at the corner. She couldnt stop worrying about her chicken little bestfriend and his condition. She might also fear about the impact might affect on his own life and career. She also felt so guilty that she dragged into her own mess although it was unintentional.

 

2 minutes passed, and she arrived in the station near the boys' dorm. She ran as fast as she can and didnt care about what she looks. She arrived in the boys' dorm with Younghyun giving her a welcome, yet with a sad smile.

 

"Hai Young K oppa!"

"Hi Yeri! We're really glad you came. Did you watch the news that I told you?"

"Yeah. I honestly didnt expect this..."

"Same thing here. Come on, the boys are in the living room."

 

Younghyun guided Yerim to the living room where the clueless Wonpil, Dowoon and Sungjin were sitting in the sofa, seemed like theyre waiting for the meeting to be started.

 

"Oh, Yeri-ssi! Finally you came!" Dowoon bowed to her, and she did the same to the three.

"Hello, Dowoon oppa. Hello, Sungjin oppa. Hello, Wonpil oppa."

"Hello, Yeri. Honestly, I'm glad that youre here. We have something to ask you about Jae since you two are bestfriends." The leader Sungjin had his firmness on his tone when he talked to her.

"Okay, Sungjin oppa..." She seemed to be a bit scared of Sungjin's serious tone.

"Do you know what happened between him and Yugyeom and why?"

"I honestly dont know what happened between the two, but..."

 

She started to cry as she slated her story about Yugyeom's fake and what he did to her, and she also seemed to think that Jaehyung knew that Yugyeom backstabbed her because of her drunk state. She remembered the time that he carried her back to her dorm in the middle of the night, but she didnt knew that he would go after Yugyeom since she was drunk and couldnt remember what exactly happened during the time that he took her home.

 

"Oppadeul, I'm really sorry. I didnt mean to drag Jae oppa into my own mess." She continued bawling in tears.


"No, dear. Dont blame yourself. He's just trying to protect you from Yugyeom's . I might be his friend and close labelmate, but I wont support his as well." Sungjin pulled her into a warm hug, which joined by the other three.

"I know you felt bad for what happened between the three of you, but man. Dont blame yourself too much." Younghyun patted her head while hugging.

"But I cant help it. It's all my own fault."

"We're here for you, Yeri. Dont worry." Dowoon patted her shoulder.

"We're also sorry if our tone seemed so intimidating for you..." Wonpil touched her hair as a comfort.

"Thank you so much oppadeul for your understanding."

"Alright alright. If you want, We'll lead you to Jae and Brian's room since he locked himself up there." Sungjin smiled.

"Sure thing. Thank you so much for the help."

 

Sungjin, along with the three boys, guided Yerim to Jaehyung and Younghyun's dorm room.

 

"Okay, We'll just leave you here. Just call Young K if youre done talking to him. Alright?"

"Yes, sir." She gave him a salute pose.

 

As the four left her in front of the door of his room, Yerim started to knock on the the door three time, but there was no reply. She did the same thing again, and yet she received no response. She was about to knock again when suddenly the door was being opened by Jaehyung himself.

 

"Hello, Jae oppa. I-I just wanna check you out if youre okay right now."

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks, but I dont need your ing concern. Get out."