Chapter 5

Call On Me

"When you dont know where you gonna start
Try to function with a broken heart
"

=============

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks, but I dont need your ing concern. Get out."

 

Jaehyung's words made Yerim hurt like he was stabbing his squirtle bestfriend with a knife without any reason.

 

"What? I dont understand you, oppa. We're okay with each other a while ago and then--"

"DO YOU EVEN GET WHAT I SAID? I SAID, I DONT NEED YOUR CONCERN AND GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!" Jaehyung's voice suddenly went on a high tone.

"WHY ARE YOU SUDDENLY SO MAD AT ME? I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRO--" Yerim's was dumbfounded on what was happening.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT." His anger went high to the point that he suddenly pushed her down to the floor.

"WOW. SERIOUSLY. WHAT DID I EVEN DO TO YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE IM AT FAULT HERE? YOU EVEN KNOW THE SITUATION BETT--" The crying Yerim was still on the floor.

"AND WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DRAG YOUR MESS TO ME? I WONT BUY THAT, SO IF I WERE YOU, I WONT WASTE MY TIME DRAGGING MY PROBLEMS TO SOMEONE." Jaehyung seemed to have a serious, yet sarcastic tone on those words, which made Yerim stabbed emotionally.

"Now I know. You were ing unbelievable."

"Whatever. Just do me a favour and get out of my sight."

"Dont worry. I wont ever bother you again. I didnt know youre also a jerk after all."

 

She stood herself up and stormed out of their dorm without telling the other boys, who were waiting for her in the living room.

 

"YERI! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY BETWEEN YOU AND JAE HYUNG?" Younghyun yelled as he was trying to chase Yerim.

 

She turned herself on her back, but instead of answering, she ignored him and continued running out of that place. As she was running, tears fell more on her cheeks as she couldnt even sink in on the fact that her own bestfriend suddenly pushed her away without knowing any reason, which made her feel so betrayed. She even couldnt believe all of these happened in one snap of her fingers. She ran miles away, not realising it's already night, til she stopped for a while and found a dark street alley to rest cos her body's already hurt from running. She sat down on the floor and cried her heart out loud.

 

"I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW JERK ARE YOU JAE OPPA! YOURE EVEN MORE JERK THAN YUGYEOM OPPA! I EVEN TRUSTED YOU MORE THEN YOU SUDDENLY PUSHED ME AWAY LIKE YOU DONT KNOW ME! IF IM NOT MISTAKEN, I DID NOTHING WRONG TO YOU, BUT WHY? WHHHYYYYYY?!"

 

She continued screaming and crying her thoughts out loud while sitting beside a house on that street with hurt, anger and betrayal, which were those things that she mainly felt during that entire moment. She spent the whole night on that area doing the same thing to the point that she even wanted to feel numb, but she couldnt. Her eyes also became blur from crying too much tears that she didnt realise there was something appeared in front of her: a hand holding a handkerchief. She scanned the hand, then the whole body of a man wearing a cap, blue long sleeve and pants from head to toe, but she ignored it. However, the man insisted on his move until she finally accept the offer. She took the handkerchief to wipe her tears off her eyes and face.

 

"Thank you so much, oppa." Yerim bowed her head.

"No problem. At least a handkerchief can help you." The guy showed her his warm and wide smile, then began to sit beside her, "i-is that a breakup?" He asked curiously.

"No. It's just... ughh... I just felt betrayed by my own bestfriend."

"Whoa! Honestly that's most heartbreaking than breaking up with your boyfriend tho."

"Heeeey, I dont even have a boyfriend, but yeah. My bestfriend's a guy like you."

"I see~~ I know how that feels tho."

"Really?"

"My bestfriend's also opposite to me, but we dont have any connection anymore cos long distance. She's now living in Sweden though. Hehehe~"

"I realised we're really on the same boat..."

"Yeah. By the way, I'm Jonghyun," he offered his hand for a handshake, "Kim Jonghyun."

"Whoa there! Hold up! I only know Kim Jonghyun oppa from SHINee. Are you having the same name as him?" She was a bit hesitated as she heard the name of the guy she was talking to. She's also a close dongsaeng of SHINee's Jonghyun.

"Silly girl," he cheekily laughed, "I know I'm not the Kim Jonghyun you know cos I'm the Kim Jonghyun of NU'EST."

"WAIT WHAT?! SO YOURE THE NATION'S LEADER THAT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT?" Yerim's eyes widened.

"Funny and embarassed to say, but yeah, I am. Hahahaha~"

"Waaahhh onibugi oppa! I also like onibugi~"

"Really?"

"Yes, but I'm only a kkobugi [squirtle]. Some people said my face looked even like squirtle." She laughed.

"Then we can build a squirtle family! You are my squirtle dongsaeng, and I'm your wartortle oppa! Hehehe~"

"GAME! But before I forgot, I'm Yerim. Kim Yerim." She put her hand on his and accepted the handshake.

"Wait. Youre name's a bit familiar."

"I'm from Red Velvet."

"I knew it! Youre the maknae, right?"

"Yeah. Hahahaha I didnt even know we would be knowing each other personally in this kind of situation."

"Hahaha ironically yeah, but it's really nice to meet you personally." Jonghyun flashed a smile.

"Me too." Yerim also replied with a smile, "but by the way, why are you here, oppa?"

"I was heading back to the dorm when I saw you crying here, so here I am."

"Where is your dorm located, oppa?"

"A bit near Han River."

"Whoa~ our dorm's 30min away from that place tho, and in speaking of that, I wanna go home."

"I'll come with you as well. My members are already worried."

"Alright, so let's go, oppa. Perhaps, it's also already night, and my unnies would be also worried."

"How cute of you, lil kkobugi~" He pinched her cheeks softly.

"Yaaaah, onibugi oppa!" She bursted out laughter.

 

Both Jonghyun and Yerim walked towards the train station as they both wanted to be in their own respective dorms since it was already half past 8 in the evening. While travelling back home and having a casual conversation with Jonghyun about idol life, Yerim also apologised to her unnies through text that she would arrive a bit late and she was on her way home.

 

On the other side, all the boys were in the dining area for dinner, but it felt so weird cos all through their dinner time, they were all so silent. Wonpil, Dowoon and Sungjin were looking at each other's eyes and Jaehyung's like they wouldnt know who wanted to speak up first until Younghyun pulled the card in breaking the complete silence between the five of them.

 

"H-hyung. I dont mean to be rude to you, but...seriously? Are you even nuts?"

"Whatya talking bout, Brian?" Jaehyung had a calm, yet sarcastic tone on his words.

"I know you know what I am talking about, right?" Younghyun didnt buy what the older implied, "then why did you push Yeri away?"

"You know what, Yugyeom's right. She's such a weakling, but a loser one--"

 

Moments later and Younghyun suddenly stood up and went to Jaehyung's side with his knuckles ready to hit his face right on spot, which made the older fell from his chair. Jaehyung was supposed to hit Younghyun back, but was being stopped by Wonpil, whilst Dowoon and Sungjin were on Younghyun's side to stop him as well.

 

"SERIOUSLY GUYS. IF YOU WANT TO HIT EACH OTHER, JUST DONT DO THIS. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME." Sungjin, being the strict leader, already lost his chill.

 

As both parties were being scolded by Sungjin, Jaehyung slightly pushed Wonpil from his grip and suddenly left the place for a while to calm himself down.

 

"I'm sorry, hyung. It's just that I dont understand why he did that to her.' Younghyun went towards Sungjin to apologise.

"Honestly, I know what youre feeling, but I guess he needs more time to calm himself down and compose his thoughts so that we would know what's the reason why in the right time." Sungjin gave him a piece of advise.

"I agree with Sungjin hyung. Right now for sure, he's still in the bad light for what happened between him and Yugyeom." Dowoon comforted the older who adores him the most.

"Let's just wait for the right time for him to open up what happened to us." Wonpil hugged the older as well.

"Well, let's see then. I honestly dun wanna see both Jae hyung and Yeri suffer from this kind of situation, and it wasnt even their faults at the first place." Younghyun was letting his frustration out.

 

The three of them hugged Younghyun as they also felt frustrated at Jaehyung's attitude recently, but they stayed positive despite of this situation.

 

As Yerim and Jonghyun were walking on their way home, they both stopped by as they already reached the RV girls' dorm.

 

"So oppa, this is our dorm."

"Wow, how nice~"

"Not really tho hahaha but anyways, thank you so much for your time, and it's honestly nice meeting you, Jonghyun-bugi oppa~ You really saved my sad day."

"Anytime, Yerim-bugi. Nice meeting such a squishy squirtle like you. Hehehehe~~"

"Hope we can bond together more. From now on, youre officially my onibugi sibling."

"Yaaaay! It's my honour, and my pleasure as well, but how bout your bestfriend tho?"

"I-I dont know if he wanted to stay bestfriends with me after what he did. I need time for that, oppa."

"If you say so~ I also want to meet your bestfriend if you guys have settled down. Hehehehe~~" Jonghyun smiled.

"Well, let's see then." Yerim sighed.

"By the way, do you wanna play games in the arcade with me tomorrow? I wanna introduce you to one of my buddies as well."

"Sure thing, oppa! I missed playing games!"

"Well, see you tomorrow afternoon! I gotta go now. The dorm's at the end part of this street. Bye Yerim-bugi!" Jonghyun waved his hand, bidding goodbye to his squirtle sibling as he was leaving her place.

"Bye Jonghyun-bugi oppa!" Yerim waved back as well, and then went inside of their dorm.

 

Few moments later, and as Yerim stepped into their dorm room, she was being welcomed by her unnies with worry on their faces, which made the maknae felt a bit confused.

 

"FINALLY YOURE HOME, YERIM! Where have you been, dear? We couldnt even contacted you." Joohyun, being the oldest one, showed her obvious worries to the maknae as she couldnt even know what to do.

"Irene unnie, I'm sorry if I went home late."

"It's okay, Yerm. At least youre already home safe and sound. So...what happened in the DAY6 boys' dorm a while ago? Have you even talked to Jae oppa?" Seulgi was also worried about Yerim as she also knew what happened alongside Joohyun. Seungwan and Sooyoung, on the other hand, were hugging Yerim.

"Unnie-deul..." Moments later and her tears suddenly started to fall down on her cheeks.

"Wait, what happened, Yerm? Why are you crying?" Sooyoung curiously and confusedly asked.

"Unnie-deul... he doesnt want me to be his friend anymore. He suddenly pushed me away. I know it's my fault."