ii. commander

the Good, the Bad, and the Dirty

“Remind me again why I shouldn’t throw you to my wolves,” Wendy sighed, her forehead crinkling in anger.

 

          Seulgi stopped herself from stomping her feet. “Because! This is the one thing I never got to experience while I was alive!”

 

          “Ruling a realm of imps and monsters?”

 

          The Asian rolled her eyes. “No, you stupid—” And this word had caused the palace to begin an uproar against Seulgi, who just ignored the fiends who wanted nothing but rip out. “Have fun. Be engaged in something. Be out of the ordinary!”

 

          “Ordinary?” Wendy raised a brow at her. “Your life is normal.”

 

          “Exactly! I don’t want a normal life anymore.”

 

          Wendy placed her chin in her hand with an entertained smile. “Kang Seulgi, you may be the first human who would enjoy being stuck in Hell for eternity. Did you really not do any heinous crime while you were alive?”

 

          “I used torrent, if that meant anything,” Seulgi leaned back on her chair.

 

          The pale girl gave a whistle of amusement. “Stole something? Was branded a traitor? Responsible for plunder? Did arson? Murde—”

 

          Seulgi shook her head to every possibility Wendy seemed to promote, her eyes growing wide with the last suggestion. “I’d never kill someone!”

 

          “Hmm. Just making sure.”

 

          “What do you mean making sure?”

         

          “That the list was wrong.”

 

          Seulgi turned around and lied on her stomach, the chair shifting to a sofa. (Which Wendy had given her. The King said that the ring she had given to Seulgi would change to any object as long as she was touching it.) “What’s with the list anyway? Who does that? It’s like Santa’s naughty or nice list.”

 

          But then she shivered from a cold that wasn’t there before. A breeze that ruffled her hair that wasn’t supposed to exist in the thick walls of the palace.

 

          And Seulgi swallowed when it dawned to her that she wasn’t in the palace anymore. She was on the peak of the Eiffel Tower, her sofa dangerously rocking back and forth.

 

          “You forget, Seulgi, that you’re talking to the King of Hell,” Wendy appeared, still sitting on her throne that now hovered a few feet in front of her. She played with her nails.

 

          But Seulgi wasn’t exactly looking down didn’t mind the height. Sure in this altitude anyone would be afraid, but she wasn’t feeling anything. Not exactly.

 

          “Say, Wendy,” Seulgi started, but a vicious growl made her stop. She side-eyed a humongous dog the size of a four-wheeler. “Why are you called king? Why not queen? And is that a hellhound?”

 

          Wendy clicked her tongue and the creature vanished. “Yes, that was a hellhound. And I’m called king because even my world is filled with misogynists. They claim the female is weaker than the opposite , so when I rose to the throne, I made sure they remember me as a female stronger than them, bearing a male title so they never forget.”

 

          “Wouldn’t it be better to rule as queen instead?”

 

          “Oh you’d be surprised by the rules of hell about queens,” Wendy chuckled darkly, and Seulgi decided to drop the topic.  “You know, for a normal human, you’re rather eccentric.”

 

          “I happily take that as a compliment.”

 

          But before she heard Wendy’s reply, the tower vanished and now she was freefalling. Without any equipment.

 

          “Wendy!” Seulgi screamed, searching for the ring.

 

          Wendy appeared beside her, not bothered by the fall. Not like she should be—she was the King of Hell and she knew that she wouldn’t get hurt like this. But even so—the girl was positioned as if she was just lounging on the floor. (But do highly kings lie on the floor some times?)

 

          “What?” Wendy yawned.

 

          “I’m falling, how about it?” Seulgi snapped, glaring at the demon.

 

          “You’re my commander, you could do something about this,” Wendy smiled while rubbing her horn.

 

          “I’m just a human!” She screamed again.

 

          Wendy’s face suddenly appeared inches before hers, and Seulgi swore embers sparked in her eyes. “No, you’re actually not, Seulgi.”

 

          And when her name was spoken, a roar of black and red swallowed her whole.

 

 

 


 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :'c

im trying to add some action to it idk :'c ive been reading too much manga and books omf