i. welcome

the Good, the Bad, and the Dirty

Seulgi preferred living a normal life. A normal school, with normal friends, talking about normal topics.

 

          So to say, she found her life absolutely boring. She was 17 and yet nothing remarkable had happened to her yet. And in her lonely life she craved for adventure and mischief.

 

          And she had everything planned- after graduating she would move somewhere far away where she would be free and there she would meet extraordinary people and unique activities and exotic places and she would have fun.

 

          But she'll never be able to graduate now. Not anymore. She'll never be able to move out of this small and extremely ordinary town. Or bring difference in her normal life.

 

          Not after pushing away a bickering couple doomed to get hit by a speeding car, only for her to get hit instead. Not as she lay against the hard pavement, feeling the hot blood against her broken skin. Hearing the screams of people, drowned by the rapid beating of a heart that's slowly fading.

 

          Seulgi can't change anything anymore now that she's dead.

 

          However...

 

          “Get up, human. You're summoned by the king, and she doesn't like waiting long.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Seulgi gasped as air began to bless her lungs. She sat up with discomfort, feeling sore and dead tired. She looked around, wondering if this was paradise or whatever place it is that dead people go.

 

          Dead. Right. She was dead after saving the two. She unexpectedly felt good about it, doing a deed. Saving someone's life.

 

          A groan made her remember that she has yet to identify the place she was in. Everything seemed dark and red, the ground dry, the trees wilted and black, the skies looking ominous.

 

          “ Where am I?” She asked herself, heaving and choking against the hot air as she tried to stand up.

 

          “Nice to meet you, human,” a voice behind her spoke, and Seulgi almost jumped out of her skin.

 

          Could she? Jump out of her skin now that she's dead?

 

          “Tell me what sin you've so greatly committed to had you in my list,” the voice continued, and she finally found the courage to spin around. Instantly, the terrain changed, like she was zooming into space and time or something, the surrounding areas disappearing, being eaten away by darkness. Until she found herself in a throne room, in front of a being that seemed to ooze darkness and fear.

 

          A seat made of bones and skulls, and Seulgi thought that they were still moving, squishing against one another. A cloak filled with people screaming out of anguish. A lopsided crown embedded with gems and thorns. Two horns on either side of its head, and pointed ears.

 

          But when Seulgi's eyes saw the whole face of the creature, she wondered if someone was playing a joke on her.

 

          Because seated on the throne was an ethereal woman with dark hair, pale skin and crimson eyes that threatened destruction, fiercely looking down on her, pupils vertical and inhuman.

 

          Beautiful.

 

          But Seulgi saw the horns and the ears again and she shook her head. She clapped her hands. “Okay cosplay is done, yes the outfit is amazing and the model is superb, so tell me if this is heaven or paradise or that I'm going to be reborn because I did something good before dying.”

 

          When she finished talking, she blinked furiously as shadows surrounded her. Claws promising death, fangs for torture, slit eyes that held dangerous sight. She began to shake as the things began to hiss at her.

 

          “What?” Everyone stopped in their places when the woman spoke. “Are you mocking me, Kang Seulgi?”

 

          She turned to the girl, finding words to speak but it was like she lost her voice when she saw the scarlet flames dancing in her eyes.

 

          “You know very well that someone devious as you would never go to heaven. Nobody in my list does. This is no paradise,” she spat the word in disgust. “This is my domain, the home of devils and the like.”

 

          She stood up, hands spread wide as if trying to entertain. “Welcome to Hell, Kang Seulgi.”

 

          Seulgi fell on her . This has got to be a mistake. She saved people! She was supposed to be a hero or something! So why was she in hell?!

 

          The lady bowed gracefully, and the shadows—whatever the heck they were—bowed lowly, not moving after that. When the lady looked up, a beastly smile was on her face. “And I am its most humble king, Wendy. And you are to rule hell with me as my commander, my second-in-command.”

 

 

 


 

not proofread and aaa a a a 

i will try my best! to actually really finish this omf aaaaa

too much a's sorry :'c