iii. archangel

the Good, the Bad, and the Dirty

“Honestly, Wendy,” someone sighed, “you knew very well than to Awaken her then and there.”

 

          “Shut up. I know what I’m doing,” Seulgi recognized Wendy’s snarl.

 

          “And yet you called for me here,” the other person replied lightly, maybe even with a hint of mockery.

 

          “I-I was just confused, feathers. Normally—”

 

          “Now, now, associating Seulgi with normal seems quite improper, isn’t it?”

 

          A pause. A rather long one too.

 

          Long enough for Seulgi to open her eyes and let her brain register what was happening. She looked sideways to see Wendy holding the cheek of another girl—it was too bright for her to see enough of the face.

 

          “I never told you her name,” Wendy grumbled.

 

          “Ouch! Wen—argh. Fine, fine. What do you want?”

 

          “Why do you know Seulgi? Is she another one of your angel spawns that plan to ruin me and my peaceful life below?”

 

          An easy chuckle. “Oh Wendy, you and your imagination, as always.”

 

          “I suggest you answer properly, Irene. I’m really low on patience right now.”

 

          Seulgi saw Irene spin around, most of her face covered in a shadow, but somehow, she saw her smile. “Of course I’d know Seulgi. I was the one who put her name in your list, after all.”

 

          There was an explosion.

 

          “Oh dear,” Irene frowned. “I’m gonna have to clean your mess again, aren’t I?”

 

          “Did you mean for her to get picked?”

 

          “Actually, no,” Irene replied honestly. “She was a potential angel, mind you. With her sacrifice. But then there were… unexpected hindrances. So her name never went in ours.”

 

          The way she said it suggested that it wasn’t unexpected at all.

 

          “So ta-da! Got her in your naughty list.” Irene grinned again, innocently and optimistically.

 

          A red tail from Wendy’s cloak—Seulgi had to cough at it—hit the top of Irene’s head, earning a grimace from the girl.

 

          “Since when did you have a tail, Wendy? And who’s that?” Seulgi rubbed her head, turning her body to the side.

 

          There was a moment of silence before Irene gushed, “She calls you Wendy? Not even My Lord, Milady, Your Highness or anything?”

 

          “She’s a stubborn one, I tell you,” Wendy rolled her eyes at her.

 

          “Oy, I’m here, you know,” Seulgi complained. “So who’s she?”

 

          “She’s—”

 

          “The reason why you’re here, Kang Seulgi!” Irene cut Wendy off. For a moment Seulgi held her breath—because the last time someone cut Wendy midsentence, it got disintegrated on the spot with one of Wendy’s beams. But the demon did nothing and instead threw her hands up in defeat.

 

          “I’m Irene,” said girl finally went close, the light finally hitting her face; and honestly, it felt like something hit Seulgi’s face too. Because Irene’s beauty was ghostly, with her platinum hair and gold eyes and doll-like features. But what left Seulgi’s mouth hanging were the white wings behind Irene, slowly stretching to their full length. “I’m an archangel.”

 

          “Move these away, feathers,” Wendy swatted one of the wings away. “So that’s that. Now we’re going back to hell to get you recovered.”

 

          “Why would I need recovery?” Seulgi asked.

 

          “Because your master here was being her usual stubborn and dumb warfreak self,” Irene sang.

 

          “Got anything to say, feathers?” Wendy glared.

 

          “In fact I do, miss warfreak,” Irene responded with sass.

 

          They glared at each other until Seulgi coughed loudly, and they ended up looking at her questioningly.

 

          “What?” Wendy harshly demanded the same time Irene asked a soft “Is there something wrong?”

 

          Seulgi couldn’t help but laugh. “How ‘bout you two stop flirting and tell me what happened, already. And where am I?”

 

          Wendy made a disgusted face, but Seulgi saw how her ears reddened, her horns steaming. Irene froze in place before shivering tremendously. Likewise, Seulgi saw how her cheeks flushed and a bit of her wings sparkled.

 

          Honestly, these two.

 

          “Anyway, doofus, I… err, made you commander,” Wendy said, surprisingly finding it hard to word it out.

         

          “Idiot,” Irene sighed. “She meant that you’re not human anymore, Seul. Summoning you to hell, making you commander, it changed something in you. And now you’re not just Seulgi. To the people down there, you’re the Seulgi.”

 

          “I never thought I’d be in a respected position like this.”

 

          “It can’t be helped, with how Wendy has grown fond of you.” Even though Irene smiled, there was a brief twitch under her eye.

 

          Seulgi ignored it. “And where are we exactly?”

 

          Irene placed her cheek in her hand. “I can’t give you an exact place, since where we are isn’t exactly a place. I call it the Void. A small space I made for my own convenience.” She winked at Seulgi. “You have no idea how angels are, especially when you’re in a position where you always have to give orders.”

 

          “She transformed me into a hamster once,” Wendy complained, giving her a pointed look. “She said it was because of the stress. I firmly believe she just wanted to make a fool out of me.”

 

          “But hamsters are cute…”

 

          “That doesn’t justify you turning me into one!”

 

          “Now, now, grannies, settle down,” Seulgi raised her hands, but the way Wendy widened her eyes at her in complete hilarity had the monolid girl frozen in place.

 

          The air suddenly dropped many degrees, and Seulgi could see her breath form before her face. There was this sudden brightness, the burning kind, that covered the whole area.

 

          “What did you just call me?” Irene whispered, but it sounded like a shout.

 

          Seulgi didn’t know what was happening. “I—I s-s-sai-said set-settle d-down,” her teeth chattered against one another.

 

          “Oh I can’t believe this is happening,” Wendy rolled her shoulders in confidence before suddenly being blasted away by an unknown force. She ended up tumbling for quite a long time before skidding to a halt. “This is fantastic!”

 

          “W-Wendy wh-what’s g-going on?!” The Asian gasped, feeling tremors beat beneath her feet.

 

          The king laughed merrily. “You just called her grannie. She absolutely loses it when someone calls her that. Even I have a hard time calming her down after the start of the fit, honestly. But it’s still entertaining every time.”

 

          The bed Seulgi was lying on seconds before soared above her head. “I can hardly think of this as entertaining!”

 


 

ta-da!!! irene is here! <3 

btw not proofread sorry for mistakes and all aaaaa

these updates are the fastest ever tbh im shooketh

AAAAAA 

showering everyone w love

esp w rv's comeback and tHEM SCHEDULES POURING DOWN I COULD BARELY TYPE PROPERLY AFTER KSHKAHFFKJDHF

anyways i love red velvet