Rush

X-File: Mind Games (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up with a ceiling that seemed too far from me, my body became tense instantaneously and I was vigilant. Hugging my haversack closer to me, it took me almost a full minute to remember that I had put up at The Clan's warehouse. When I rolled over to my side, I came staring at the other upper bunk occupant of the other bed, who had been observing my moves. 

 

Neither of us was going to greet each other a good morning. We just lay there staring at each other, assessing the other's intentions. 

 

It wasn't until the familiar footsteps of Shownu oppa was heard leaving the warehouse that it dawned on me that I might be late for class. Changkyun must have realised that too, because we both rushed out of bed, trying to beat each other to the one and only restroom cubicle. Of course, he had a natural advantage over me having stayed here for god knows how long. While I reached the stairs first, Changkyun had opted for the pole that ran from the ground floor to the ceiling, somewhat like those in fire stations. I'm guessing they had many of such infrastructures to facilitate an easy escape. 

 

Another thing was that I had a terrible night's sleep. Due to the nature of their jobs, Kihyun and Wonho slept at extremely odd hours. Kihyun had taken the night shift for deliveries last night, so when he came back from work, I was woken up by the sounds of his entry. Wonho was worse - he went to bed with us, but was summoned in the middle of the night. Cases don't happen at a fixed time of the day after all. Within minutes, he left his bed (which was the lower bunk beneath my spot) and exited. For security reasons, everyone had to carry a card that tapped them in and out of the warehouse, so all the beeping and gate movements were a nightmare to a light sleeper like myself. 

 

You could imagine the surprise when I saw a fully-awake Wonho brushing his teeth and kicking Changkyun out of bathroom. 

 

"Let her go first, you little ." The older male gave Changkyun a good kick in the before letting me in to the cubicle and shutting the door behind me. I smiled triumphantly and took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter