We Gotta Slow it Down

X-File: Mind Games (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Challenge accepted!" I declared when I looked up, pointing a finger straight at Hyungwon. Jooheon and Minhyuk looked excited to see the showdown. Wonho still looked concerned, but he gave me a small smile like my brother did, which I very much appreciated. 

 

I took another gulp of water before I launched into my new wave of deductions again. Just to be sure, I stared at each of them again to confirm my analysis. They tried to look expressionless as much as possible, and Mr. Stoic-annoying-brat-face just continued the way he was. Gosh my nickname for him might get longer by the second. 

 

"What you are doing is either some Robin Hood save the poor thing, or private detective work that is illegal. Either way, you are solving something that the police had failed in, or have closed without a satisfying enough conclusion. This is based on the news articles that my brother has been reading, and the insurance cases that he's been paying special attention to." 

 

By now, all the boys were looking at their leader with either an amused or disbelieving look. The fact that he let his sister catch on so easily, and not notice anything wrong while being in the same household, was absolutely incredible. 

 

"Close enough," Hyungwon mumbled. 

 

"She's right, you can just admit it." Wonho never shifted his gaze from me, and he nodded for me to continue. 

 

"As for who each of you are..." I scanned the faces of the seven boys, and much to their surprise (and Hyungwon's dismay I suppose), I smiled for the first time since I entered this place. 

 

I pointed at my brother, "Oppa, you're the leader. Probably because you're the oldest or you started this group. Everyone addresses you respectfully and the fact that they haven't kicked my out yet showed that you're important. Judging by the fact that you gym so regularly, you're probably the fighter of the group and also the case initiator. That's why you read the news to find new cases or to follow up. You have a nine to five job so it's inconvenient for you to take care of many things, so you just instruct." 

 

I don't know where they got a xylophone from, but Minhyuk was now acting like the host of a show and hitting the keys. "Bingo! That is right!" 

 

I rolled my eyes and turned to the boys on the couch, "Wonho-oppa..." 

 

I guess they were really not used to the presence of a girl in this place, because all of them flinched at the softspoken "oppa" the moment it left my lips. 

 

"...is a police officer. The way he carries himself and looked at me when I was interrogated showed that he was comfortable or used to an interrogation setting. He usually plays the good cop and knows how to get people to spill. Also, for a group trying to pick up police cases, you guys need an insider. None of you look like one, except him."

 

The xylophone keys were sounded again. "Good one." Wonho flashed me a smile that I reciprocated. Mr. Stoic-annoying-brat-rude-and-nosy-face rolled his eyes. He mumbled something about "...just admit you were swooned..." under his breath. 

 

"Kihyun-oppa. You're the pizza delivery guy. In the group, you help deliver information and act as the messenger or eyes of the group because you have the greatest flexibility in your job." Kihyun smiled at me and patted my head through my hoodie. He knew I smelled the pizza off his hair and, and he had his uniform on. Minhyuk hit the keys again enthusiastically. 

 

"Minhyuk-hyung, you're a hairstylist." I pointed to my own finger to indicate to him to look at his own. Everyone looked over to see the callus on his hand. Needless to say, it was an occupational sign. "You're probably in charge of getting information from customers and also disguise on missions."

 

Jooheon hit the xylophone on his behalf this time, because he was too amazed to move. 

 

"Acknowledged!" Mihyuk exclaimed and forced me to give him a high-five. 

 

"Hyungwon, you're a male model. Your latest assignment was at XXX magazine for the brand YYY." 

 

Everyone's eyes widened in shock, "Yah, how did you know?" Jooheon asked. 

 

I avoided his big curious eyes and said, "Well, I didn't have to guess that. The way he sits looks like he wants to remind the whole world of his long limbs. Plus my classmates wouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter