Stalker

Don't Forget Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon sat at the plastic chair alone, as she waited for her manager oppa to return. She was in the hospital for a follow up the next day and this time round, she came alone with just her manager. Tiffany and Seohyun wanted to accompany her but SM rejected the idea saying that Taeyeon's visits to the hospital should be as low key as possible.

 

“Taeyeon, here are the pills.” Manager oppa emerged with a plastic bag. “And they just informed that your belongings can be collected now.”

 

“What belongings?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Your wallet and other stuff they retrieved from the crash.” Manager oppa explained. “It shouldn't be a very long wait but I have to rush to fetch Sunny for her next schedule. I'll come back once I've sent Sunny over, okay?”

 

Taeyeon stood up and took the plastic bag from him, “Don't worry, oppa. I'll just grab my belongings and take a cab back to the dorm. There's no need to come back.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry!”

 

With her manager gone, Taeyeon stopped a nurse who was walking pass and asked where she should go to collect her belongings. The nurse informed her that it would be on the 4th level and Taeyeon headed towards the lift immediately.

 

It was a weekday morning and there were not many people around. Taeyeon entered the empty lift and jabbed on the button. When the lift doors were closing, a hand suddenly shot out and stopped the doors. The doors sprang apart immediately and Taeyeon bowed her head low in case the person recognises her.

 

The doors closed and the lift started moving as she kept her gaze to the floor.

 

“Are you still mad at me? You haven't replied to my texts.”

 

Taeyeon looked up and then turned to look at the man who had just spoken. Her eyes widened as she realised it was G-Dragon. This time he was in a cap, black hoodie and jeans. Very low key indeed.

 

Taeyeon stared at him, “W-What-

 

“I'm really sorry, Taeyeon. I shouldn't have let you drive that night. I couldn't sleep at all these few days. I need to talk to you. Is your manager coming back? Can we talk somewhere in private?”

 

GD wasn't wearing any make up and his face was pale and the dark rings under his eyes were obvious. Taeyeon was a little frightened and stared at him, waiting for him to burst out laughing but he never did. He looked worried, desperate and concerned.

 

“Tae? Why aren't you talking?” He asked, taking another step and then reaching out to her.

 

Before he could even touch her, Taeyeon shrunk back and squeaked, “Is this some kind of joke?”

 

GD's hand fell back to his side as he stared at Taeyeon, “What are you talking about?”

 

“I don't know what kind of joke you're playing, G-Dragon-ssi, but please stop if not I'll have to let SM know about this.” Taeyeon said, her voice a little shaky.

 

Damn it, why was the lift taking so long?

 

GD stared at her, confused, “Why are you talking like this? Why do you look so scared of me, Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon cleared , “I'm not scared... I just don't like people whom I'm not close with to invade my personal space.”

 

“Not close?” GD raised his eyebrows. “You shouldn't say that no matter how mad you are at me.”

 

Taeyeon didn't know what to reply. Had she and GD somehow became friends? But if so, then why doesn't any of her SNSD members know about it? Tiffany is her best friend. She would surely know. Besides, Hyoyeon hangs out with GD once in a while with some YG people. Surely, Hyoyeon would bother to mention that they were friends when GD was asking about her condition the other day at KBS?

 

Taeyeon felt the lift stop and the doors opened. She stepped out swiftly, momentarily forgetting the man who was just with her. It was until he fell into step beside her and whispered, “At least talk to me, Taeyeon. I don't know what you're thinking if you don't reply me all the time.”

 

“Why are you still following me?” Taeyeon walked faster, hoping to shake him off. “I don't need a scandal with you.”

 

“It's deserted here.” He pointed out which turned out to be true.

 

Taeyeon headed to the direction of the room immediately, “That still doesn't give you the right to follow me. Please, G-Dragon-ssi, I really have no idea what you're doing and I don't have time for your games. Please leave me alone.”

 

“Games?” GD echoed and then grabbed Taeyeon's wrist and stopped her. He whirled her around to face him. “All these months of being together and you think I'm playing some game with you?”

 

He was really furious now and Taeyeon attempted to pull her hand away from his grasp but failed.

 

“You can be mad at me but you should never doubt the feelings I have for you.” GD continued angrily. “If you want to break up with me, just say so! You don't have to act like you don't know me!”

 

“Break up?” Taeyeon stared at him. “Excuse me, I'm in a relationship with Baekhyun. You know? The guy from Exo?”

 

GD stared at her, confused, “Of course I know Baekhyun but-

 

“Good, he is my boyfriend and we're in a happy relationship. I'm not sure what drugs you're taking but you're probably hallucinating about some other girl.” Taeyeon replied and pulled her hand away from him successfully this time.

 

Her words seemed to have shocked him and Taeyeon stalked off, satisfied. Does he realise that he had been hallucinating? Does he go around stalking other female celebrities when he's high?

 

Taeyeon headed into the room and a nurse handed her a small ziplock bag with her belongings.

 

“Do let us know if you think something is missing. This is all we found on the scene.” The nurse smiled.

 

Taeyeon opened the bag and found her wallet. Her identification card, driver's license and credit cards were all inside.

 

“Your phone was totally destroyed so we couldn't save that for you.” The nurse replied.

 

“T-Thanks.” Taeyeon muttered and then something in the bag made her frown. “I think I got someone else's stuff by mistake.”

 

“What?” The nurse looked up. “That can't be.”

 

Taeyeon took out a plain silver ring, “This isn't mine.”

 

The nurse frowned, “We never make mistakes like this... It should be yours.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “It's not... I don't remember having one.”

 

And then, it hit Taeyeon. Did she acquire this ring and not remember it? Was it some friendship ring with Fany or the girls? Or perhaps some couple ring with Baekhyun?

 

“We never make these kind of mistakes,” The nurse repeated kindly. “It should be yours.”

 

Taeyeon blinked as she stared at the ring on her palm, “Yeah, maybe it's mine.”

 

With a very curious state of mind, Taeyeon thanked the nurse and exited the room. She was still staring at the ring when a familiar voice spoke.

 

“I thought you threw it away.”

 

Taeyeon jumped in surprise to find G-Dragon beside her.

 

“Haven't you left?” Taeyeon asked, annoyed.

 

“How could I after what you said earlier?” G-Dragon replied seriously. “Taeyeon, something is wrong with you and you need to tell me.”

 

“You're not a doctor,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she slipped the ring back into the ziplock bag.

 

“I'm serious, Tae.” GD replied. “Did the accident mess up your brain or something? Or are you still messing with me?”

 

Taeyeon let out an annoyed sigh and turned to him, “You really should just leave me alone. Stop bothering me whenever you're on drugs. I have no time for you.”

 

“What?” GD stared at her. “You think I'm high now? Tae, you know I've never touched those things after we met. I swear! I'm already clean. Youngbae can attest to that! I know how much you trust him!”

 

Youngbae? As in Taeyang of Big Bang? Now, when did she become friends with him? Everything that is coming from GD's mouth seemed so strange and foreign. But yet, he seemed entirely serious...

 

The sound of footsteps echoing across the hall interrupted the two idols and Taeyeon quickly lowered her head, in fear of someone recognising her.


“Taeyeon, let's go somewhere more private and talk.” GD whispered as he looked around as more people started coming up this level.


“Sorry, I think it's best if we don't have any private meet ups.” Taeyeon replied. “If you're looking to do some collaboration, you can speak to SM about it.”

 

G-Dragon looked as though he was about to tear his hair out, “Enough is enough, Taeyeon. If you're still mad at me, fine. But don't pretend as though nothing happened between us!”


Taeyeon's phone started ringing and after fishing out from her pocket, she was delighted to see that Baekhyun was calling. Ignoring GD, she went ahead and answered.


“Baek, what's up?” Taeyeon answered sweetly, missing the look of shock on GD's face.


Taeyeon started walking away from GD, making her way to the lift as Baekhyun asked, “So... I was thinking since you're all better now, do you wanna go out tonight?”


Taeyeon's eyes brightened immediately. Baekhyun's asking her out on a date? The Baekhyun now has definitely improved! And to think that the Soshi girls are saying that their relationship were rocky and that Baekhyun hadn't been treating her well.


“Tonight?” Taeyeon smiled. “Yeah, that'll be nice. So, where are we going?”


“You'll see. It'll be fun, I promise. I'll text you the address to meet later, okay?” Baekhyun replied.


“Okay.” Taeyeon replied. “I can't wait to see you tonight.”


“Yeah... me too. I got to go. Bye.”


After hanging up, Taeyeon smiled to herself as she waited for the lift, until a voice beside her said, “Baekhyun? Are you ing kidding me, Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon jumped in surprise and then realised that GD was still following her. He was now staring at her furiously.


Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, “That's none of your business, G-Dragon-ssi.”


“Stop calling me that.” GD replied seriously. “Don't ever call me that.”


“That's your stage name!” Taeyeon rolled her eyes in exasperation. “If you hated it, why come up with that stage name? You're not making any sense.”


“You know we're past the stage name phase.” GD narrowed his eyes.


Truly baffled, Taeyeon said, “So do you prefer it if I call you sunbae? Now, if I call you sunbae, will you quit bothering me?”


“Stop joking around, Taeyeon. What are you doing with Byun Baekhyun again?” GD asked furiously. “And what's going on tonight? Where is he taking you?”


“Excuse me, sunbae-nim, what me and my boyfriend does is none of your business.” Taeyeon replied, annoyed.


The lift arrived and the two idols stepped inside. After the doors closed, leaving them alone, G-Dragon grabbed on to Taeyeon's arm and for the first time in her life, Taeyeon heard the mighty GD plead in such a desperate voice.


“Don't do this to me, Taeyeon.” GD whispered, looking into Taeyeon's eyes. “I can't take this anymore. You can't go back to Baekhyun. What about us?”

 

His gaze was overpowering and Taeyeon couldn't help but found herself staring back into his eyes. He was so close as well and Taeyeon could catch a whiff of the familiar scent of his cologne. Wait... Why does it smell so familiar?


The doors of the lift sprang open suddenly and GD leapt away from her immediately and the both of them walked out.


“I know you don't wish to get caught in a scandal but we should talk, Tae. I almost lost you and I realised how stupid the fight was.” GD said, turning to her. “My car's here at the parking lot. We'll head back to my place and talk, okay? You can shout and hit me all you want then. Anything to make you stop being so mad at me.”


Taeyeon at this point, was feeling all confused from the smell of his cologne. Damn it, why is that particular smell getting to her? It smelled nice and very very comforting and now she couldn't get it off her mind.


“What perfume are you using?” Taeyeon asked out of the blue.

 

“What?” GD stared at her, taken aback.


“Brand. What brand of perfume are you using?”

“It's from my own line. Why are you asking me? You know that.” GD raised his eyebrows.


Taeyeon let out a laugh as she shook her head. How silly of her to get so hung up about that scent. It's from his own line. Many people must be using it. She probably found it familiar as other celebrities or even SONEs must be wearing GD's perfume.


“Taeyeon, why are you laughing? You're scaring me.” GD looked at her carefully.


Yeah, that's right. She must be going crazy from the accident. Losing one year of memories, getting stalked by G-Dragon and getting so hung up on that perfume he's using. If this is some nightmare, Taeyeon wish that she's waking up soon.


“Why don't we talk more at my place?” GD's voice broke her out of her reverie.


Taeyeon shook her thoughts away and then replied, “No thanks but again, if you wish to do a collaboration, please speak to SM directly about it.”


“I don't want any collaboration! I just want to talk to you!” GD replied exasperatedly. “If doing a collaboration with SNSD will make you forgive me, then okay, let's do it! You just got to stop ignoring me, Taeng.”


Taeyeon stared at GD for a moment and then said, “I hope you're not trying to get me into your bed, GD sunbae-nim. It's not going to work by harassing me.”


“God, Taeyeon. Why is talking so difficult for you? Not everything is about !”


“Because there's nothing for us to talk about! We're not even friends! And you're well known for sleeping around with female idols so of course I think that you want the same thing from me! Just leave me alone, GD-ssi! If not I'll have to contact SM and let them know that you're harassing me!” Taeyeon replied firmly.


Her words seemed to have stunned GD as he stared at her, dazed.


Satisfied, Taeyeon said, “Good, now that we're clear, you can leave me alone from now on. Goodbye, G-Dragon sunbae-nim, I hope that this will be the last time we talk.”

 

===========================

 

Flashing lights with pounding music... Why in the world does Baekhyun wants to have their date night in a club? She hated the club scene. He knew that. So... why?


Taeyeon pushed through the crowd of dancing people to locate the private room Baekhyun had texted her to meet. Maybe Baekhyun thought they could have a nice talk in the room and that a club was dark so they wouldn't be easily recognised? Yeah, that was probably it.


When she finally found the private lounge, Taeyeon pushed open the door to find a large crowd of about twenty unfamiliar people inside. Double checking the number of the door, Taeyeon was surprised to find that this was the room she was supposed to meet Baekhyun. She was about to back out of the room and call Baekhyun when she heard someone shout, “Baek, your Soshi girlfriend is here!”


All heads in the room turned to Taeyeon immediately and then Taeyeon recognised a few faces from the crowd. These were people from Baekhyun's high school. What were they doing here? She had never met them personally before and could only recognise them from the hundreds of pictures Baekhyun has in his photo albums in his room.

 

“Tae, you're finally here!” Baekhyun pushed past the crowd with a large smile on his face. “And to you ers who don't believe she's my girlfriend, pay up!”


“What's going on?” Taeyeon asked, confused as Baekhyun staggered towards her and then looped an arm around her neck.


Baekhyun was already drunk as he laughed and then placed a sloppy kiss on Taeyeon's lips, “These guys don't believe that you're my girlfrienddddd...”


“Yo Baek! Stop with the PDA, okay? Here's your money!” A large guy shouted from the back.


“Yeah, we believe you now!” Another woman shouted.


“Baekhyun, I thought we were going on a date.” Taeyeon said, looking around the room. “Why are your friends here?”


Baekhyun grinned, “It's my friend's birthday today. See? That guy in the red jacket, Park Hyunwoo. It's his party tonight and I thought you might want to come meet my friends.”


Taeyeon stared at the group in front of her. Only 9 pm and everyone was drunk. The men were being loud and making ist jokes while the minority of the female were scantily dressed as they danced with the men.


“Come on, babyyyy,” Baekhyun drawled. “These are my friends and you know how much I like them. They're really nice, I swear.”

 

With a small sigh, Taeyeon reluctantly nodded and Baekhyun started dragging her to introduce her to his gang.


===========================

 

It had been two hours and Taeyeon was bored and uncomfortable. Baekhyun barely talked to her after introducing her to his friends and left her to sit in a corner alone. Well, she wasn't exactly alone as a few guys from his gang had tried to start up a conversation with her. Taeyeon wasn't stupid. She could see that these guys didn't want to be her friend, they wanted something else entirely.


These friends of his didn't even care that she was Baekhyun's girlfriend as they shamelessly hit on her. Baekhyun on the other hand, didn't even seem to notice as he was just busy chatting with his friends.


“So, Taeyeon-ssi,” another guy came and sat himself down next to Taeyeon after spotting that she was finally alone. “I heard about your accident. You feeling alright now?”


Taeyeon wasn't sure if this guy was just like the other ones who were hitting on her, but she still politely nodded anyway.


“Baekhyun's real lucky to have a girlfriend like you.” The guy smiled. “Oh by the way, do you know my uncle is Hyundai group's director?”


Taeyeon kept silent and the guy continued with a grin, “You know, you could be in those Cfs for Hyundai if you want... I can make you Hyundai's spokesperson. You or the whole of SNSD if you like.”


“That's okay, thank you. My agency handles all my commercials.” Taeyeon politely declined.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter