MBC Music Festival

Don't Forget Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days were overwhelming for Taeyeon. She was back in SM and the higher-ups wasted no time in asking her to re-learn all the songs and dance routine she had forgotten. Thankfully, her body seemed to be picking up the dance moves really quickly and her members were very supportive. They took turns practicing with her and patiently explained when she got anything wrong.


Jiyong had texted her several times everyday asking if she was feeling better and telling her that she should request to rest if she wasn't up to re-learning the dances. Taeyeon was busy and still found it a little awkward around him so she only gave him short polite replies.


Baekhyun on the other hand was busy with his other Exo members filming their upcoming music video. Taeyeon had bumped into him several times along the hallway on her way to the studios but he always seemed like he was in a rush.


“Glad you're feeling better, Tae.” Baekhyun said hurriedly as he walked past her. “I'll see you around, okay?”


Taeyeon didn't even get a chance to reply and he was off. The other Exo members at least had the decency to stop and greet her properly and seemed genuinely concerned as they asked how she was doing recently.


Chanyeol even seemed embarrassed by Baekhyun's actions and apologised, “Sorry, noona, we've been really busy lately but you know Baek, he actually cares a lot about you and he did say that he'll spend some time with you when we're less busy.”


Taeyeon was embarrassed that even the Exo members seemed to pity her as they witnessed Baekhyun's behaviour towards her. Taeyeon had decided to not dwell on it anymore as she had more pressing matters to discuss with Baekhyun. She needed to find out why he said they were still together if Jiyong had claimed that they were broken up months ago.


“Taeng, I think your body actually remembers the dance moves!” Yuri said as the Party song came to an end on the speakers.


“Yeah,” Sooyoung grinned. “It's only been three days and you're perfect. You got the whole song right!”


“Another three days for Lion Heart and you're all set!” Hyoyeon smiled.


Taeyeon shot a grateful smile to the three girls as they continued chattering on.


“I don't think the fans or public will notice any change in Taeyeon now. The MBC music festival is in two days and since Taeyeon couldn't possibly learn Lion Heart by then, I heard manager oppa said they switched it out for Gee.” Sooyoung said.


“So, it's just Party and Gee. You'll be okay, right?” Hyoyeon asked.


Taeyeon nodded and then asked, “Will Exo be performing at the festival?”


“Yeah,” Yuri replied. “They'll be promoting their new song there. Many other artistes are going to be there too. Big Bang, Twice, Got7...”


“B-Big Bang?” Taeyeon looked up in alarm.


This doesn't seem like a good idea. Baekhyun and Jiyong both at the same place? Jiyong seemed to really dislike Baekhyun and Taeyeon hadn't had a chance to ask Baekhyun about their relationship.


“When is Exo and Big Bang performing?” Taeyeon asked immediately.


“Exo's near the opening and Big Bang's ending the show.” Yuri replied. “We're before Big Bang's performance. Why?”


Taeyeon heaved a sigh of relief. The entire show takes about 4 hours to record so Exo will probably leave soon after they perform and Big Bang will only arrive at the later half. All is good then. They would have no chance to bump into each other at all.


“Let's go for dinner. I heard the new sushi place is opened.” Sooyoung suggested. “Sunny's already been there and she said it was really good.”


Yuri and Hyoyeon grabbed their bags immediately, “Come on, Taeng, let's go.”


“I need to speak to Baekhyun so why don't you guys go ahead?” Taeyeon replied, grabbing her own bag.


“They're still filming their MV. Who knows how long you need to wait? Come have dinner with us first.” Hyoyeon said.


Taeyeon shook her head, “It's pretty important. I'll just have a quick word with him when he's on a water break or something.”


Her three friends nodded and bade her goodbye. Taeyeon made her way to the recording studio and quietly entered from the back. She bowed to several directors and producers as she walked past them and stood at the back quietly watching.


Under the spotlight, Baekhyun looked transformed. He didn't look like the real Baekhyun Taeyeon knew. He looked serious and dedicated and that was what captivated Taeyeon in the first place. Who knew he would be acting so differently in their relationship?


It was almost 9 pm and from the looks of it, the filming will be taking all night. Taeyeon felt her phone vibrate and looked to see an incoming text from Jiyong.


From: Kwon Jiyong 20:54
What are you doing? Have you had dinner?


She stared at the screen for a long moment, still feeling awkward that G-Dragon was texting her stuff like that and checking up on her. She knows that she shouldn't be feeling this way since they were supposed to be in a relationship but it was hard for her to change just like that.


Slowly, she replied.
I need to speak to Baekhyun so I'll have dinner after


A few seconds later, his reply came back.


From: Kwon Jiyong 20:55
Oh... About why he said you both are still together?


Taeyeon replied after looking up to see that Exo was still busy filming.
Yes.


From: Kwon Jiyong 20:55
Okay, do you want to have dinner together later?


Just then, Taeyeon heard the director shout for a break and she quickly replied Jiyong.
Sorry, I'm really tired so I think I'm just going to head back to the dorm and eat and then head to bed.


Slipping her phone back into her bag, she walked forward, hoping to catch Baekhyun's eye as he took a bottle of water from the staff and started talking and drinking with s. He didn't notice her until Exo's manager called out, “Taeyeon-ssi, you here to see Baekhyun?”


Baekhyun looked up and upon noticing Taeyeon, he shot her a look of surprise and went towards her.


“I need to talk to you.” Taeyeon said and then noticing that people around were gazing at them curiously, she added, “In private.”


“Okay... What's up?” Baekhyun asked as he followed Taeyeon to the back of the studio.


Taking a deep breath, Taeyeon said, “When I woke up at the hospital, you said that we're together... That we're still a couple, right?”


Baekhyun cleared his throat uncomfortably and then nodded, “Y-Yeah.”


“I need you to tell me the truth, Baek,” Taeyeon replied. “Are we really together before my accident?”


“Why the sudden doubts, Tae?” Baekhyun asked. “You remember that we're together right?”


“Yeah but I lost a year of memories and something could have happened between us in that one year.” Taeyeon replied.


Baekhyun stared at Taeyeon, “Did someone say something to you?”


“Does it matter? I just want to know if we're really together right before my accident.” Taeyeon said.


Frustrated, Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair, “Yes, we are together. Who has been spreading lies to you?”


“We are?” Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise. “But Jiyong said-


“G-Dragon?” Baekhyun exclaimed angrily. “What the hell did he say?”


. She had let slip about Jiyong by accident.


“He said that me and you weren't together anymore.” Taeyeon mumbled.


“He's wrong.” Baekhyun spat out. “Yes, we did break up for a months but we got back together last month.”


“Really?” Taeyeon asked.


Baekhyun said slowly. “Yes, we are still together even before your accident. We were happy.”


“We were? But it doesn't make sense. Why would he-


“I don't know why G-Dragon would say something like this. I don't even know what his motives are. But there's one thing that I know, he's a player, Taeng, and he'll do whatever he can to sleep with people he targets.” Baekhyun said angrily.


“W-What?” Taeyeon stared at Baekhyun in shock.


“GD is lying. And I'm sure he's feeding you these lies to make you sleep with him.” Baekhyun replied.


Taeyeon stood, frozen on the spot just as the director shouted for filming to be be continued. She wasn't even aware that Baekhyun had kissed her softly on the lips before jogging back to the set.


What was going on? Is what Baekhyun said true? Was Jiyong really lying to her?


 

======================


 

It was the day of the MBC music festival and Taeyeon with her members arrived early to rehearse. Taeyeon was still afraid of messing up the dance for Party so she requested to be early so they could practice on MBC's stage.


Exo was currently rehearsing on stage when she arrived. As she walked past the stage, Baekhyun shot her a smile and Taeyeon returned a smile. Strangely, he had been really sweet to her these past two days. He would constantly text her and call her and it felt like they had just started dating all over again.


Jiyong had texted and called her several times too but Taeyeon had ignored them. She was thinking that perhaps Baekhyun was right. Firstly, Baekhyun wouldn't lie to her. Secondly, none of her Soshi members even know about her and Jiyong's supposed “relationship”.


As Taeyeon strolled down the hallway of MBC's backstage to get herself some water, she heard two female MBC staff talking among themselves near the water cooler, unaware that Taeyeon was behind them.


“Were you there yesterday during the interview with Nana?”


“That Japanese model? No, but I heard from sunbae-nim that she practically admitted that she was dating G-Dragon. Are they really dating?”


“ Who knows? I'm not surprised if they are. GD's known for being a playboy. A few years back when he was rumoured to be dating that other Japanese model, I saw him flirting with Goo Hara right here. He wasn't even trying to hide it!”


Taeyeon slowly backed away, momentarily forgetting that she wanted to get some water in the first place. So, Baekhyun was right. GD must be making up those lies to get into her pants. He is clearly with some Japanese model right now. Taeyeon started walking back to her dressing room as she thought harder. Jiyong seemed so serious when he was saying those things. It didn't sound like he was making any of it up. He is G-Dragon for god's sake, why would he think of such stories to lie to her? And also, Ginger's behaviour towards Jiyong and how Jiyong had known his way around her dorm. Nothing adds up at all.


When Taeyeon opened the door to SNSD's dressing room, she found it empty. Some of her members must have gone to look for food while others must be with their manager oppa. Taeyeon sank down onto one of the chairs and then buried her face in her hands. She was tired, confused and didn't know who to believe anymore.


So far, she has remembered nothing from the past these few days. Taeyeon was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear the door creaking open and footsteps coming her way until she felt a hand land on her shoulder.


She jumped and almost screamed as she whipped her head around to find herself staring at Jiyong.


“Sorry I startled you.” Jiyong apologised immediately. “I know I shouldn't be here but you haven't been returning my calls or texts. Is something wrong?”


Taeyeon took a moment to calm her racing heart and she stood up, crossed the room, to get further away from him.


“Taeyeon, something's wrong, isn't it?” Jiyong asked worriedly. “Why do you look so upset?”


Taeyeon let out a sarcastic laugh, “Upset? And why do you think I look so upset?! It's all because of you!”


“What?” Jiyong recoiled back in surprise.


“My life's a mess ever since you started telling me those lies about us being together. Do you think I would never find out? Am I really that stupid in your eyes, Kwon Jiyong?”


“Lies? What's going on? I thought you believed me! We even talked in your room the other night! Have you forgotten?” Jiyong asked, bewildered.


“I talked to Baekhyun!” Taeyeon snapped. “You're such a lying , Kwon Jiyong. I can't believe I actually believed you!”

 

“Baekhyun?” Jiyong's eyes narrowed. “What did he say?”


“He said that we've never broken up. Why are you trying to break me and Baekhyun up, Jiyong? What game are you playing at?” Taeyeon demanded.


“Baekhyun actually said that you guys never broke up? him! I was right there when you broke up with him!” Jiyong shouted. “I was waiting for you outside his dorm, Taeyeon! You headed up and after thirty minutes I went up to look for you wondering why you were taking so long! And that was when I found him shouting at you as he held you against the wall!”


Taeyeon stared at an extremely furious Jiyong whose face had gone red from all the anger and shouting.


“Taeyeon, please tell me you at least got to remember that.” Jiyong pleaded. “I was so mad when I saw what he was doing and I even punched him! He asked what was our relationship and I just grabbed you and left. Don't you remember how hard you were crying in my car?”


Taeyeon could only shake her head, her face determined, “I don't remember any of it. I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter