twenty six.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to tell you something," Jimin spoke as he looked down.

"Sure, go ahead," Jae Eun replied as she opened the toppest cabinet. Her body turned cold when she saw the clothes there weren't on their usual spot. She took out the clothes and threw them on the bed. She then turned to the board that was supposed to be the backside of the cabinet. There was a gap on the top side of the board for Jae Eun to pull the board off the cabinet so she could take the stuff her parents left for her that was supposed to be behind the board.

It wasn't there.

It was supposed to be there.

"Jimin, I think they found it," Jae Eun spoke as she got off the chair then turned to Jimin but she was shocked when she saw him laying on the floor unconscious. She ran to him and kneeled beside him then she patted his cheek trying to wake him up. She was panic and scared at the same time. "Jimin, wake up!" she said.

A hand suddenly covered her nose and mouth preventing her from screaming but suddenly she felt her eyes getting heavier and her vision started to get blurry and finally everything was black.

***

Dizzy, was the first thing Jae Eun felt once she opened her eyes. She couldn't see anything but blur. But she noticed a figure standing in front of her but she didn't know who it was. Her vision started to recover after a few moments and the figure in front of her turned to be figures in front of her. And they weren't facing her, in fact they were facing the opposite way.

The voice of things hitting another thing, laughs, hisses of pain, also coughings were heard until she finally woke up completely. It was Jimin's voice and he was being beaten up in front of her.

She wanted to reach out but she couldn't move her hands. From there she realized that her wrists were being tied to the backside of the chair she was sitting on also her ankles.

Her struggling to set free made the figures in front of her turned around to her. Looking at her but blocking her from seeing Jimin.

She recognized one of them as the guy who first aimed a gun to her at the woods. A tall attractive man but no matter what, he's cruel. The other was Kai and the last was someone she never met before.

"Oh look, the sleeping beauty is awake," another voice was heard not from the three men and suddenly she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. She knew that voice. 

Kris.

Kris then moved to the front side of her, looked at her and smirked. Satisfied that he finally caught her.

"How are you feeling, beautiful?" Kris questioned and Jae Eun just stared at him in hatred. Of course she was scared of what might happen next but she couldn't show it to the guy in front of her. "Oh, you turned mute?"

"Let us go," Jae Eun spoke fastly and Kris rose his eyebrows at her before he stood up properly.

"No one let their hostages go after they beg to let them go," Kris explained and Jae Eun rolled her eyes. "We know no matter what, you will go back to your flat to get your stuff," he implied.

That's what Jimin said earlier that day.

"I'm not begging you, I'm telling you to let us go," Jae Eun responded and Kris just scoffed annoyingly.

"Well, we found that on your wardrobe," Kris pointed at a cardboard box on a metal table quite far from them. It was where Jae Eun kept the stuffs from her parents, "but I don't find anything important there, only pictures, a letter, and oh well I think this is pretty expensive to sell," Kris suddenly held up the necklace that belonged to Jae Eun's mother. 

Jae Eun widened her eyes after she heard what he said and clearly she didn't want him to sell it nor let it fall to his hand. It's her mother's for s sake. She can't give it away.

"No, please don't. That's my mom's," Jae Eun pleaded. Kris rose one of his eyebrows at her.

"Do I look like I care?" he responded. "Tell me, what's so important about this necklace?"

"I told you. It's my mom's. That's the last thing I have of her, of course it's important," Jae Eun spoke with furrowed eyebrows. Kris looked at the necklace before he shrugged and walked away throwing the necklace into the cardboard.

"I'm still selling it later," he implied.

"What?! No, you are not selling it! That's mine! Just give it back!" Jae Eun yelled and was trying to break free but the rope tied her wrist tightly.

"You don't tell me what to do," Kris chuckled at Jae Eun. "Ah, you're so cute while angry," he continued while pinching her cheek.

"Hey!" Jimin's voice was loud and shocking. Jae Eun still couldn't see his face because the three guys were still blocking him for no reason.

"Oh, I forgot the boyfriend is here," hearing the label grew shades of pink on Jae Eun's cheeks. Why was she blushing?

Kris looked at Jae Eun before he turned to his three friends. "Come on, guys, move away, they need to see each other," he kind of pushed his friends so they would stop blocking Jimin.

Finally, Jimin came to sight and Jae Eun flinched when she saw how messed up Jimin's face was. Yes, he had bruises before this but now was much worse than before. Blood came out from his nose, he had chapped and bleeding lips, his hair was so messy, black eye, purple-ish cheek. She just wished that there were no dislocated bones there on his face.

A smile crept onto his face like he was trying to convince the girl across him that he was okay and the bruises also blood that came out of his face were nothing to worry about.

As much as she wanted to smile back at him, she couldn't. She only thought about how to escape the place with him and just that.

"Jae Eun-ah," Kris' voice made Jae Eun looked away from Jimin. She turned to Kris who was already looking at her before he even called her. "I know you have it with you. Hand over the thing," Kris spoke.

"Thing?" she asked.

"Yes, the thing," he added

"What thing?"

Kris scoffed at her. "Don't play dumb," he said through gritted teeth.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter