twenty two.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Eun was sitting back on the couch when suddenly Jimin sat down beside her. Didn't know why but his appearance grew a little shade of pink on her cheeks. Maybe it was because of what Namjoon  and Hoseok said before.

"I heard Hoseok hyung taught you how to shoot?" he started a conversation. Jae Eun nodded at him. Maybe she knew him for a few weeks now but something about him made her curious. "So, are you a pro now?"

"Yeah, not really, I'm still trying to be good," Jae Eun replied and they then looked straight ahead.

Taehyung wasn't busy with his laptop anymore, in fact he was laying his head on Namjoon's lap, sleeping. Poor him, staring at the screen for hours must be tiring. The rest was just chatting about things only them know, even Jae Eun saw Ji Hee laughing with Jin and Jungkook.

"Jimin, what exactly happened to your brother?" he told her that his brother had cancer but the way Hoseok told her about Jimin's little brother sounded like he didn't die because of some illness. Jimin looked at her, surprised at the question. "He didn't die because of cancer, did he?" she asked again. He looked away and stood up then went to the back side of the warehouse, leaving Jae Eun with her question. She shouldn't have asked it, should she?

She didn't get the chance to see his face before he left. Was he pissed? Did he not want to talk about it? Why did she even ask such question? She could just keep it to herself. It was a sensitive question afterall. 

"Ah, stupid," she hit her head with the empty mineral water bottle on her hand.

"Okay, so why are you hitting yourself?" Yoongi suddenly stood up in front of her looking down at her confusedly.

"Nothing, it helps me stay awake," she lied.

"Why do you want to stay awake? You should rest. Go to sleep if you're tired, we all will guard the place," he ruffled her head fast before walking away.

Jae Eun sighed. She looked back to the direction where she saw Jimin went to. He was sitting on a chair in front of a wooden table with his fingers connected and eyes on his fingers. She saw him sighing with his eyes closed before he put his forehead on the table.

Jae Eun turned around again and then laid back on the couch. She was concerned and also scared. Was he mad?

She wanted to go to him and apologized but she chose to let him be alone for awhile.

***

"Hey," a voice was heard followed by little pokes on her cheek making her opened her eyes only to meet a face of Park Jimin. He was sitting on the floor trying to wake Jae Eun up who was sleeping on the couch. "Namjoon hyung told me to go buy some things we probably need, wanna come?" he asked carefully because he wasn't sure if she would gladly accept it or gladly refuse it.

Jae Eun stretched her arms before she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She looked tired and sleepy and with that pouty lips she accidentally made herself look cute in Jimin's eyes.

"Me? Is it safe?" she looked at Jimin still with eyes a bit closed.

"It's safe. Come on," he took her hand and dragged her to his car.

Once they were inside the car, Jimin suddenly put a cap on her and gave her a mask to cover her face. She put it on and Jimin was looking at her before he the engine and drove off.

No conversation was made along the way because Jae Eun was still feeling a bit awkward because of what happened the night before and the silence sent her back to her slumber. Jimin didn't complain, though seeing her sleep calmed him.

When they arrived at a convenience store, Jimin took off his seatbelt and was about to wake the girl beside him up but stopped when he saw how peaceful she was. He then got off the car and walked inside the store alone.

He bought some bottles of water, some things to eat, and a lollipop that he opened and put inside his mouth immediately. He sometimes looked outside to keep an eye on the girl and chuckled when he saw her still sleeping. At least what Kris said yesterday wasn't true about her leaving him.

"Are you heading somewhere far?" asked the girl on the cashier. With all the things he bought, he did look like someone who was buying supplies for a long trip.

"Yeah, we are," he lied.

"We? She's your girlfriend?" she asked again and Jimin chuckled then turned to the car but saw no one there. He widened his eyes and almost ran outside but bumped into someone behind him.

"Ow! Jimin, watch where you're going," the person protested and it was Jae Eun with her voice muffled with the mask. Jimin was also wearing a cap and a mask but he pulled the mask down so he could speak clearly to the cashier girl. He sighed in relief because at first he thought she ran away from him.

"And these too please," she put chocolate bars with the things Jimin bought.

"Chocolate bars?" Jimin questioned. For him, it's very rare to find a girl buying chocolate bars because all he ever encountered was girls who wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter