Day 2

Cygnus

Morning came faster than we all hoped for and once again we were awoken by Junmyeon's gentle nuzzling. I was the first to stand this time and I decided to take on the first task of the day alone so that Audra could get a few more minutes of sleep. The wolves that were awoken by Audra yesterday seemed more than grateful to have me wake them today. Everyone got up and got ready to begin their day, each group splitting up to go about their daily tasks. 

 

Today we were to help separate pieces of elk that the pack had hunted in the past three or so days. This time our only company was Kyungsoo, who didn't really talk much after he gave us our instructions. Everyone else was busy, only the omegas were allowed to stay inside to play and sleep. 

 

We were almost done with our last elk when the group of deltas arrived with two more dead beasts. Honestly, Kyungsoo looked the most angry out of the three of us, which led me to guess this wasn't the first time they were late on delivering. We took the two elk with out complaining and got back to work.

 

The last two elk went by faster than the ones we separated earlier and towards the end it kind of became a fun game. None the less, we were all happy to finally be done. 

 

Kyungsoo wasn't as bad as I thought he was. He definitely didn't act the way he did when we first encountered him, he was actually a pretty sweet guy. He was quiet, but he had a good sense of humor, and he was always there to help us if we needed assistance. I was grateful that we were paired with him today, and although I personally don't mind Jongdae, it was nice to have some quiet time. I know Audra agreed even without having to say it out loud. 

 

She did however, seem to perk up a little more when she saw him jogging back to camp, returning home from his day on the job. You wouldn't have noticed if you didn't know her. Contrary to anyone's belief that has seen her around Jongdae, she actually didn't mind him all that much. In fact, id go as far to say that she might even be happy to have such a hotheaded comrade, someone who understands her because he basically is just like her. It's a mutual friendship, though one of the party members show their appreciation more openly than the other. 

 

I was partially jealous, she managed to find someone to lean on faster than I did. We're both friendly and form bonds pretty quickly. We don't really have a problem when it comes to our social circles. To be fair though, it's only because Jongdae is so persistent. If it wasn't for that, she would be on the same boat as me. 

 

I didn't have to wait very long to be on the same boat as my sister though. Later that day, during dinner, I sat next to the grey wolf again. I didn't speak to him, but I did speak to his tall friend, who then introduced himself, and the grey wolf, and the black-blue toned wolf next to them. The tall dark wolf introduced himself as Chanyeol, then he told me the grumpy looking grey wolf was named Sehun, and lastly the one next to him is named Yixing. 

 

Yixing and I instantly clicked. He was sweet, funny, and all around a good guy. He told me about the pack members, the alpha, the betas, the deltas, the warriors, the sentinels, and the omegas. He didn't leave out a single member, which I thought was nice. He treats them all equally regardless of their rankings. He told me he's a warrior, and so is his mate. Then explained how in this pack, who ever you end up choosing as your mate ends up sharing your rank with you. He also told me that the omegas would stay omegas until the alpha decides what rank to place them in. 

 

Tao has been waiting to be placed into the warriors category, which Yifan doesn't think he's ready for. Sehun doesn't really care about any ranking, he's just as mouthy to an omega as he is to a beta, therefore he doesn't really care where he gets placed. As of now, they're the only two omegas, both pending for their new rank. 

 

His mate joined us later that night, and she was wonderful. She was stunningly beautiful, and just as nice as Yixing. It was very easy to talk to both of them, and because of them I was able to get a lot of info about the pack members. They didn't ask about my sister and I, where we came from, or who's pack we left, which I was grateful for. 

 

The person that ended up being my Jongdae came later that night, right before bed. His name was Baekhyun. He was the smaller, sandy wolf that used the two bigger ones as a bed on the second night. He was loud. He was obnoxious. And more importantly, he felt like a good friend the moment he said hello. 

 

He trotted up to Yixing, Deila, and I when we were talking, and introduced himself before Yixing could do the honors. Yixing and Deila left to call it a night not long after, leaving Baekhyun and I alone. Our conversation never stopped, never even slowed down. He was an open book, and it was obvious that all he wanted was to make me feel comfortable in the new environment I was in. I enjoyed every second of that night, and I thanked him for it before heading into the chamber. 

 

While I was talking to Baekhyun, my sister was busy listening to Jongdae. This time she really was listening, nodding when he told her something and laughing when he made a joke. 

 

That night she let him sleep next to her. No growling, no snarling, she just sighed when he laid down next to her, but she didn't protest. 

 

The sight made me happy, my sister hadn't really bonded with anyone except for me for a while. 

 

I didn't walk up to them, instead I walked towards the dark wolf in the corner with the frizzled tail. The poor omega was still sulking over the loss of his luscious tail coat. 

 

I hadn't spoken to him at all since I arrived, and I didn't really want to. I just felt back for the kid, seeing him sleep alone was tough but hearing him whimper through the night was even worse. 

 

I walked up to him calmly and laid next to him. He eyed me oddly, not knowing if he should trust me or not. I looked over at Audra who seemed just as confused as Tao, Jongdae was already asleep next to her. I laid my head down on top of my paws in front of me, and closed my eyes. It didn't take long for Tao to reluctantly scoot closer to me for warmth, to which I smiled and lifted my head to rest on top of his. I felt his tail wag gently before his breathing evened, indicating he was asleep. I drifted off soon after.