Welcoming

Cygnus

'We were to sleep with the omegas and the unmated wolves' according to the alpha. It wasn't so bad, it was crowded, but it was warm. Having been traveling for days now and having to sleep in the cold outside, the overcrowded cellar of the den didn't seem so bad. The omegas were loud, and obnoxious, and the unmated were boastful and cocky. To my sisters dismay, Jongdae was all four of those things, and to make it even funnier, he was persistent, sarcastic, and clearly wanted my sisters attention.  All around troublesome. Just. Like. My. Sister. On our first night he tried to snuggle up next to her and all he received was a growl and snarl from both of us. He took the message clearly and retreated back to lay under the other omegas and the un-mated.

 

The other omegas and the un-mated. There was two omegas, and seven un-mated wolves. I didn't bother learning their names, nor did I bother to say hello. We were here to work and then we would be on our way. Though I am polite, I'm also tired and annoyed. I'll introduce myself in the morning if need be. 

 

We were awoken at the crack of dawn by Junmyeon. My sister was displeased and it was very clear to everyone else who was awake already. She seemed to like Junmyeon enough to not snarl at him and go back to bed. She rose first shaking off the tension in her sore muscles and I reluctantly got up to join her, stretching my limbs and yawning. My sister wasn't one to drowsily stall time, once she was up, she was ready to do what she had to do. Complaining was futile in this situation. 

 

Our first task of the day was simple enough, we were to wake everyone else in the room. My sister wasn't exactly gentle, literally stepping on tails and nipping at ears. I nuzzled under their muzzles gently to wake my side up, and they were clearly grateful to have my wake them up instead of Audra. I looked over at her and see her staring at the last wolf on her side that she had yet to wake. She looked at me and smirked, the look in her eye was a familiar one. Before I could begin to protest, I heard on loud deep rumble followed by a ear screeching bark and then a loud scream/whine followed. My sister laughter roared through the echoing walls of the chamber. Poor Jongdae. 

 

Our second task was just as simple as our first one, haul 30 buckets of water from the river back to the den. The river wasn't very far, and we were to completely restock the water supply in the den. Jongin offered to help us, and apparently he was a warrior in the pack. I figured we could use some strength, so I'm glad he offered to help and I didn't have to bother asking...and before my sister could run out of the room, Jongdae was already glued at her side. She ignored him as best as she could and sprinted towards the river, forgetting to grab her bucket. Jongdae filled his mouth with two bucket handles before trying his best to yell out 'wait up' which ended up sounding more like "way uh". He was hot on her trail and she was not looking back for the life of her. Jongin quietly giggled to himself and I couldn't help but let out a few light laughs too. He carried two buckets in his mouth and I carried one, and we trotted side by side calmly towards the river. When we got there my sister currently had Jongdae pinned into the water with his head bobbing up gasping for air very couple of seconds. He was probably dying inside but his face was trying it's hardest to smile, he looked like a melting snowman. To my surprise she actually let him get up and even more surprising, she let her shoulders drop in a surrendering pose and let him tackle her body into the water. I was more than half expecting her to come up and choke him but instead she came up laughing loudly and playfully nipped at his legs. This was the happiest I had seen the sentinel boy since I met him and I wondered if this was his usual demeanor.

 

The task I thought would be easy, ended up being a struggle. It took us from noon to almost dusk to finish the task. 30 buckets, even when split by four people, which ended up being three people after Jongin was called away by Junmyeon to help inside, took a lot longer than expected. My muscles were sore and my jaw felt detached from all the weight of the heavy buckets that I had to carry back to the den after they had been filled to the brim with water. Jongdae, although low on energy, still managed to be enthusiastic, not wanting to bore Audra I assume. Audra was borderline ready to kill him, and for once he took the hint and quieted down. Junmyeon thanked us for our hard work for the first day and then escorted us to the fire pit where the meat was being cooked. 

 

Kyungsoo was cooking, and he was the first wolf in the pack I had seen in human form. His human form wasn't much different from his wolf counterpart. He was a smaller man but he still had a good build, with dark hair and equally as dark eyes and bushy eyebrows that fit his facial structure perfectly. Next to him was another man, whom he called Minseok, who was around the same height, just a few inches taller. He had monolids and a deep Cupid's bow, and although his hair was messy it didn't take away from the fact that he was handsome. 

 

As the night went on, more and more wolves joined in changing their form. Audra and I both agreed not to change our forms while working for this pack for safety reasons. If we had to evacuate mid deal, it would be easier to hide in human forms they haven't seen. So we stayed as wolves and ate our food quietly. Jongdae took his place next to Audra but didn't say more than "hope you enjoy the meal". 

 

To my left was a tall broad grey wolf, and next to him was an even bigger dark wolf. Both I had recognized from the chamber, I had woken both up that morning. He didn't speak a word to me, but he did glance our way a few times. His face was serious and it was chiseled that way, while his taller friend had a very relaxed and friendly look with a big mouth and an even bigger smile. 

 

The pack was a friendly one, and it was clear to us that there wouldn't be any problems unless we were the ones to start it. None of the pack members were aggressive, in fact most either welcomed us with opened, excited arms or simply just nodded our way as a way of acknowledgment. 

 

The night ended with lots of laughter, chit-chat, and funny stories. Audra and I didn't speak the whole night except for when an omega named Tao managed to burn the tip of his tail with the fire from the pit and when yelping across the meadows until minseok chased him down and patted the fire off his tail. The young omega came back with a more than crisp looking tail and everyone, including my sister and I, roared with laughter. 

 

Everyone returned inside and went to their sleeping areas. Jongdae tried to lay next to Audra again only to have her snarl at him and he quickly changed his mind. The grey wolf came and laid next to me, close enough to have our tails touch but far enough to still be separated. The big dark wild plopped down next to the grey one, nuzzling into his side. He looked more like a pile of coal than a wolf from my angle. Then came a smaller sandy wolf and he laid spread eagle on top of both of them. 

 

Tao went and sulked alone in the very corner of the chamber, hugging his tail and probably praying that his fur would grow back soon. 

 

And in the center of the small room was Jongdae, Kyungsoo, and Jongin. 

 

Before we knew it, everyone's eyelids hung heavy over their eyes, and everyone was fast asleep. The chamber was filled with snores and gentle yelps coming from the far corner of the room.