Chapter 7

You are not my bias !

7. Because our happiness has been planned

 

         Turned out my mother grew found of Jungkook rather quickly, showering him with compliments and invading each Skype session she could. She stopped by my place so often, I didn’t feel the need to go to the family house as often as I used to.

 

“Jimin ! Why can’t I enter honey ?”, she pounded on the door one day

“F- !”, I huriedly pull my pants back up at her voice, mini-Jimin already down

“Park Jimin! I know you’re home !”

 

         I checked the screen to see a smirking Jungkook. This guy knew no shame. I opened the door slightly, just letting my head out.

 

“What ?!”, I said a bit harshly

“I brought midnight snack”, she beamed proudly

“Mom, seriously ? You didn’t find a better excuse ?”

“Um ?”, she played innocent, trying to sneak inside, “Isn’t that our Jungkook ?!”

 

         It became a new dynamic. My mother took the habit of barging into my room and when it wasn’t for her, I could count on Taehyung and Hwasa to keep me unecessary company. All in all, nobody was actually letting us have privacy but we tried to make it work still. Jungkook even suggested changing the keyhole at some point, how dumb was I to share my key with those leeches.

         By the end of the month, Sungjae announced us he will be leaving for Seoul for a short time. Obviously, I thought about tagging along too but uni was on the way and unlike him I had no reason to apply for a leave.

 

“So, Sungjae will be in ‘Can I see your voice’ ? For real ?”, Jungkook mocked through the phone after I filled him in

“Mhm, said something about being time to let the world know his talent”, I lazily replied, “Why can’t we facetime Kook ?”, I whined, rolling on my bed at the same time

“Told you I’m out”

“Where ?”

“Out”

 

         I was more annoyed than jealous at that. More often than not, we couldn’t facetime and even though today was one of his rare day off, he refused to, not even trying to find a proper lie to shut me up.

 

“You still there ?”, he softly asked after a few seconds of silence, to what I only hummed, “Come on, don’t sulk now”, his tone turned playful after the worrying wave

 

         Before I could answer, the doorbell rang and I used the excuse to put him on hold.

 

“Someone’s at the door, wait”

“Jimin, I know you’re at your parents’ right now, I’m sure someone will get it”, his voice deepened

“Yeah, and that someone is me just stay still for a sec”

 

         I took the phone with me but let it hang in my hand. My mother was about to open the door when I arrived at the entrance. She sent me a surprised look and prepared her best smile to welcome the intruder.

 

“Hel- Oh my god !”, she almost slammed the door shut at the sight of Jungkook

“ing hell ?”, my eyes widden incredulously, “What ?”

“Hm, hey ?”, he tried a wave

“I hate you”, I said through my teeth before rushing into his arms

 

         He told us he had a few days off and decided to come to Busan quickly before the hectic schedule makes its comeback. He stayed three days with me and the rest at his parents’ but, even though time passed way too fast, we made the most out of it, not knowing when we could do this again.

         Thankfully, the next time came sooner than we thought. Taehyung having been head hunted on the street to star in a drama, he asked me, or more forced me, to come and support as soon as winter break would begin. Jungkook used the occasion to make me come to almost every end of the year shows. The rest of the band eventually joined the fun and we were, there again, enjoying life to its fullest together. Sungjae and Taehyung had moved in together for the time being, the first one having decided to settle in Seoul even after the show was over and trying his best to reach his dream while the latter needed a place to crash while his contract was on.

 

“It’s fun, being a celeb”, Wheein thought out loud one night

“Is it ?”, I wondered

“It seems so”, Hwasa agreed with the other girl

“I don’t know”, I stayed doubtful, “From my point of view-”

“No offense but you have a bad point of view babe”, she cut me off, “You’ll say it’s not because you can’t spend time with you’re boyfriend”

“Their story looks like a failed fiction”, Wheein continued

“Uh, I’m still there, don’t say my love life is a failure”, I narrowed my eyes at her

“No, I mean, in a good one you would end up famous too and all”

“But I don’t want to”

“Why are you three mopping in there ? Come out”, Hyuk barged into the room

 

         We went out of the bedroom and joined the others in the main room, brushing off the matter. Though, after this discussion, I should have known those two would try to get in the entertainment industry. They passed the exam, wanting to finish this school year as only two months of it were left, before doing an audition marathon during the break, actually never coming back. Unlike Taehyung, who was supposed to be back right before our Junior year starts, not complitely dropping the idea of becoming an actor.

         During said break, Jungkook was allowed to spend time with his family, not forgetting to stay with me from time to time.

 

“They’ll all be leaving”, I mumbled against his chest while we were cuddling in my bed

“Isn’t Hyuk staying though ? Has he plan of becoming famous too ?”

“Hyuk is the only one I can trust”, that earned me some pinching on my ribs, “In Busan !”, I quickly added

“Say”, he suddenly changed the subject, “Do you remember the first time we met ?”

“Yeah, you were lost”, I laughed slightly

“What ? No !”, he lifted himself on his elbow, “At the concert”

“Uh ? I’m pretty sure we met when you tried to hit on me on the road Jungkook”, I frowned, recollecting the memory

“You were at that concert with all those senior groups”

“Yes, I was”

“And you’ve catched my towel”

“I catch your what now ?”, I rolled my eyes before sitting straight up, “Don’t tell me…”

“What’s with your face”, he poked my cheeks with a smile

“You’re the who wouldn’t let me see Taeyang on stage ?!”

“Wow, and they say love is dead”

“Be serious”, I slapped his chest with the back of my hand

“I was trying to hit on you back then but go off I guess”, he let himself fall back on the mattress

“What kind of fiction do you think you’re living ?”, I cuddled on his side and left small kisses along his jaw

“The one where I fall in love with the pretty boy illuminating the whole crowd”

 

         I kept silent but hugged him tight, my heart pounding so fast it almost hurt.

 

“Did you just confess ?”

“Did you just ignore it ?”

 

         I hopped on him so I could see him more clearly. His cheeks were slightly red but he hold my starring.

 

“You are mine Park Jimin, don’t you dare forget it”, he growled, pressing me down by my nape gently to link our lips together in a sweet kiss

 

 

 

 

 ❁ Aaaand,  ! We've reached the end… Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it !

 ❁ A bit of a talk... I took a ridiculous amount of time to end this, it wasn't part of the plan but things happened and I didn't know how to end this story nor wanted to work on it. But, I also wanted to give you an ending because I'm also a reader and I hate not knowing the end of a story, so I tried to make an ok-ish chapter, though it's short and not as satisfying as I would have liked it to. 

 ❁ Ah ! I have an ao3 account, I don’t know if I’ll completely move there or if I’ll just double post my future stories but just in case, here I am. See ya ~ Chu