Chapter 2

You are not my bias !

2. Wherever you live, wherever I live

 

         We had to go back to our daily life sooner than we wanted to. The day following the concert had been groggy, because organizators apparently think big events should be held on weekdays and not on weekends like us, common mortal, and thus, I had classes to attend. I could make it for the second period, being completely out of it for the first one, I decided to sleep in. Truth is, I couldn’t follow nor understand anything, only narrowing my eyes at the teacher, because in my non-rush I had forgotten my glasses. Only Wheein and Hyuk were here for lunch, the others probably still in their comfy bed. Fortunately, I had only one class on the afternoon that day, I succeedingly scribbled some notes on a borrowed paper with a borrowed pen.

         Two days later, on Sunday, I grew a bit worried after not hearing anything from my favorite glue stick since the concert. I put my earphones on and made my way at Taehyung’s. Once on the road, I stopped in front of a music shop, appealed by the blasting music piercing through my own one. They displayed in a front shelf albums and singles from the groups who performed this week, from famous bands to rookies.

“Did you attend the concert?”, the salesperson asked and I only nodded in response, “Come on, how was it?”, she continued, now slightly jumping
“It was...amazing?”, I said unsure if this word would do justice to the show, “You couldn’t go?”, she eagerly nodded stars in her eyes and left the desk after checking around to join me
“Of course I was there!”, she bumped my shoulder playfully, “Which performance did you like best?”, she looked at me expectantly
“Honestly, I went there to see Bigbang but they were all impressive”, her smile left for a second before she went on
“Okay then”, she turned to the shelf and grabbed a CD, “you should definitely listen to this jem, they’re amazing”, I turned the CD three or four times before looking up again
“Big kidz?”
“Don’t judge by the name, I agree that it’s pretty dumb-funny...but you’ll like it, I promise!”, she took back the CD to turn it, “Plus, they’re handsome and you can’t say no to that!” I only smiled and left the store a century later, the girl sure knew her stuff.

         When I finally arrived at Taehyung’s, he opened the door with disheveled hair and only wearing some bright red boxers. Scrubing his bottom, he yawned disrespectfully before letting me in.

“What brings you here?”, he said from the little kitchen
“Taking news?”
“Don’t you have a phone?”, he sighed as he sat on the couch next to me
“Don’t you have one? You’re not answering”
“I’ve been busy sleeping dude”, he took a spoon of his cereals and kept talking, “Are you a robot?”, his eyes fell on the CD still in my hands, “Is that a present for your bestfriend?”

         He took the CD and analyzed it, still munching on his food. Without a word, he took the disk out and put it in his computer that he brought on the table in front of us.

“Those dudes were at the party”, he said more to himself while looking at the jacket, he longly hummed and focused on his screen, “No more dream...Not this one...Jimin!”, I was slightly startled when I suddenly heard my name, “Do you remember this song I liked?”
“No?”, I stared at him dumbfounded, “How should I know?”
“Ugh, you’re useless man...He sang Hakuna Matata!”
“Okay…”, I only sighed and went closer to the screen, “Just hit play”

         Too deep in his thoughts, I took the initiative and played the music. We spent the afternoon talking and listening to the group, Taehyung sometimes acting as one of them and dancing or singing along while I was laughing at him. Time to go home eventually arrived, I put my earphones on and walked peacefully on the silent streets. Someone suddenly bumped into me, or was I at fault, though it wasn’t painful and no one fell. Fanfictions, you liar.

“Ah, I’m sorry, you okay?”, the other guy asked calmly
“Hm, yeah no problem”, I nodded with a smile
“Are you from here?”
“Yes, you’re not?”, I asked suspicious
“I’m from Busan but I don’t know this part so well…”
“Oh, what are you looking for? I could help you”
“I’m a bit hungry to be honest, I’d like to grab something real’ quick’”
“There’s a little cafe over there”, I pointed in the distance, “I’m pretty sure it is still open”
“Would you like to join me?”
“Uh, no?”, I frowned
“Yeah, I guess it’s weird haha, sorry”, he scratched his nape, “Well, this way right? Thank you!’, he politely bowed and went away, just to wave some seconds later, where the hell is he going
“Wait!”, I shouted to make him stop, “It’s the wrong way!”, I showed him once again the right direction, his laugh resonated in the street and he bowed again, going in the right direction this time, time for me to go my own way.

         Monday came again and so did the routine. During lunch, the entire crew sat together, laughing and talking about dumb stuff. In a way, I felt kind of sad because the euphoria of the previous week was over, life felt boring again, deprived of anything.

“Jiminie to Earth?”, Hwasa snapped her fingers in front of me
“Wanna join for a coffee after class?”, Hyuk softly smiled at me
“Sure, why not”, I mirrored his smile

         This is how, once class was over, we waited in front of gates for everyone to gather. Taehyung almost killed me when, after a run, he violently put his arm around my shoulder, forcing me to run with him for no reason. We entered the small coffee with big laughs and sat at a big table, our favourite one. Wheein suddenly shricked and Hwasa punched my thigh, what did I do wrong to deserve a beating? Seeing my furrowed eyebrows, she discretely pointed to the table next to our, I took a quick look but, truth be told, couldn’t catch anything. Spy Taehyung then got the hint and turned around abruptly to stare at our neighbour. He jumped because he fell face to face with one of them, turning his face at the same time.

“What the hell dude!”, Taehyung stood up surprised and I jolted up by reflex more than anything
“Chill”, the guy quickly said wide eyes, “Your table sounded like fun time, just wanted to take a look”
“Oh, yeah, make sense”, Taehyung laughed awkwardly while sitting back down, “I’m Taehyung, the fun guy of this bunch of idiots”, he introduced himself casually while showing us with his thumb
“Who you call idiots, moron?”, Hwasa hissed throught gritted teeth
“I’m Hoseok! Nice to meet you and they’re…”, he looked at his table before turning his attention back to us, “not important”, he laughed when they all began to plan his death out loud
“I am Hwasa!”, she interrupted, throwing herself over the table, “And I know you”, she sensually smiled, an habit of her though it actually didn’t mean anything
“Ahh!”, I stood up again suddenly, “You’re the guy from yesterday!”, I pointed the man who asked for direction the previous day but quickly withdraw my hand, not wanting to appear even more impolite when every heads turned to stare at me
“H-hello”, he scratched his head shyly, “I couldn’t go yesterday but I still wanted to try so…”, he avoided my eyes like I was terrifying, “I came with my friend today, thank you again by the way”
“Chimchim, let the grown up talk would you?”, Hwasa pull her hand up, a way to tell me to shut up, “You”, she waved her other hand around, “were on stage last week”, a sly smile appeared yet again
“Woah !”, Taehyung exclamed

         While a staring contest took place between the two table, I let the information seek in. Did I just meet a celebrity and shamelessly turned him down? Oh, wow. I felt embarassed without any reason all of a sudden and silently sat down on my chair to sip my drink.

“And this is Jimin”, Sungjae slapped my back while introducing me, bringing me back to the current situation
“See, you have the cute guy name now”, one of them said in a bored tone, making two of us cough violently
“Hm?”, Taehyung scanned the other man, munching on his food, “Give me your phone, I’ll give you my number”, he gave his hand in a waiting manner, “Should I add that I’m his bestfriend and in constant contact with him?”, he wiggled his eyebrows and the guy’s cheeks turned a light pink
“Take my phone, JK is being a child”, the man in pink said impatient
“Deal”, Taehyung said before they laughed histerically
“How long will you stay in Busan?”, Wheein asked
“We’re leaving tonight to be honest”, the most serious one that I remembered as the leader answered
“But, you should totally inform us when you come to Seoul buddy”, the pink one said
“We won’t forget this Jin”, Taehyung gave his pinky and Jin happily linked his

Oh man, half way through it I was completely blank ! I didn’t know what to add or how to turn the chapter...It scared me 😳 buuut I got this, even though I’m not entirely satisfied ~~ Also, there are a lot of speeches for now, hope it doesn’t bother you… Chu