Memory 7 : A Brush called Memories...

I Need Memory...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 RAVI'S POV:

I laid there staring at the hotel ceiling in utter silence, after turning the VApp off. A while ago, I wasn't even aware of 40 minutes flying by when I was on live with our fans. However, the very moment I was left all by myself, it began to feel as though the world had stopped spinning and the time was frozen still.

I laid there staring at the hotel ceiling in utter silence, after turning the VApp off. A while ago, I wasn't even aware of 40 minutes flying by when I was on live with our fans. However, the very moment I was left all by myself, it began to feel as though the world had stopped spinning and the time was frozen still.

They said that our minds have the tendency to forget those who have left our side as time passes by. We tend to forget their voice, their face and eventually their existence as well. Although, deep down in my broken heart, I felt strongly enough that I would never be able to forget even her briefest glances, I was still scared by the oddest possibility of it. With years moving by and hectic workload in my head, I was afraid I might run out of her sacred essence that was left within my scarred soul.

Hence, I began spending solid amount of time in solitude, only to think of her. During those times, I would desperately reminisce every single moment I spent with her, from the happiest till the saddest ones. Though I'm not a painter, I'll still hold onto a brush called my memories and draw out her face in my heart over and over again. That's why, on days like this, sometimes I will cry and sometimes I will also feel good. And through those yearning effort of wanting to carry her presence in my own, I usually will end up composing serenades with sorrowful lyrics. However, with Gia around, every usual habit seemed haywire.

She has been haunting me since day one and because of her, I kept losing my rationale. Her walk, her talk, and everything from her face to her voice was nothing but a painful reminder of my past and it burned too badly to admit that I don't have those in my future any more. And even if I try to snap out of that despair, in the end I still broke down in front of her. After a couple of days of successfully avoiding any sort of encounter with Gia since Incheon, here I was, still thinking of her. I sighed at the failure of my pathetic attempt when my phone rang and Taekwoon hyung's name popped up.

"Hyung, what are you doing still awake?" I glanced at the wall clock and it indeed was late.

"Wonshik-ah, how are you feeling now?" Overwhelming concern was obvious in his soft voice.

Due to the sudden change in my behavior since arrival, the hyungs began worrying about my well-being. They assumed I was pressured with the current Daydream concerts and LR comeback in line, and I didn't correct them either. In attempt of improving my mood, it was Taekwoon hyung who suggested to have a little chat with our Starlights. Hoping it would make me feel better and it really did. I talked about all sorts of random things for 40 whole minutes and I was genuinely happy throughout the entire live session. However, I couldn't stop my stranded thoughts from straying back to the initial point when it was over.

Clearing my throat a little, I tried replying in a brighter tone, "I'm good, hyung and I didn't breathe a word about our LR comeback. So, don't worry about it and go to sleep, okay?" I heard him laugh on the other hand as he began with his usual brotherly nagging.

"Yah, Kim Wonshik! I didn't tell you to go on VLive for that! You didn't even get down from the stage yesterday and you seemed disturbed during the High Touch event today too. Fans are worried, Wonshik-ah. We are worried too and here you are... making fun of that concern. Do you want me to come over to your room now?" He pretended to be angry while I laughed a little relaxed by the appearance of his original silly self.

"Wonshik-ah..." He called softly again.

"Ne, hyung?" I answered with the same amount of affection as he sighed before speaking.

"If you're bothered by anything, you have to let us know. Algesseo? Don't suffer on your own... again." He sounded too cautious of his own words and I knew the reason very well. As both my brothers and another family, VIXX members knew me too well and because of that very reason, I could never hide anything from them. Especially not from the hyungs who always seemed to possess the power of looking right through my walls and somehow that made feel secured and seriously grateful.

"Ne... Algessumnida hyung-nim!" I answered in my most polite tone as he laughed in relief before finally hanging up. Placing the device back on the night stand, I dragged myself to the balcony as I watched the busy city of Tokyo dwell actively even at that late hour.

"Ah... I miss Eundongie..."

I attempted to avert my thoughts from the one thing that was bothering me. It has been two days since we arrived at Tokyo, and I was supposed to be guiding Gia with her thesis. However, neither of us took any initiative into that as I was busy avoiding her at all cost and she... she did nothing either. Even when the other members brought up her name during conversations, I always ended up running away. The only time I actually heard of her since two days was when our stylist noona told N hyung about Gia's constant nightmares and how she hasn't been able to sleep.

"What might be haunting her?" I wondered.

A faint image of her restless face crossed my mind, and I found myself longing to caress her tight until she could finally sleep in peace. However, I knew that I can't simply go and caress a girl whom I haven't seen in two days after the first awkward meeting although I was dying to do so. So, I just stood there, with both my sense and sanity on loose as they crawled back to the thoughts about her like habit.

★ 

GIA'S POV:

"Aniya, Jiwon-ah... It's not what you think it is. Ravi-shi is only going to guide me with my thesis and it is SO NOT considered date. OKAY?" The girl giggled more as I heard loud oohs and aahs from the other hand.

"Let me think, you are going to be spending time ALONE with Kim Ravi and it is still not considered a date... TOTALLY GET IT, GIA!" Sorim chuckled for the hundredth time while I face palmed myself here. I sincerely regretted telling them anything at all.

As die hard Starlights, both Sorim and Jiwon literally did die when I told them, how I happened to work with the great VIXX themselves, thanks to my lecturer in charge who knew them personally. They even freaked the hell out, when I updated them about my supposedly private tutoring with the legendary rapper of VIXX. However, I didn't think that they would keep freaking out every single time I called, though.

"Oh eonnie, did you listen to the songs I sent you?" My beloved roommate finally decided to speak of something other than Ravi and I being alone after almost half an hour of the conversation.

"Yah! Are you crazy? How am I supposed to listen to all of VIXX's songs in just two days?" I complained, trying to sound sulky.

"WELL, YOU HAVE TO, GIA! Especially the ones composed by Ravi himself!" Sorim exclaimed and both of them began complaining about my lack of determination because I wouldn't even listen to their songs.

However, they weren't aware that I actually did listened to them. To be honest, I had already listened to every single one of the songs from VIXX's discography including featured ones, LR tracks, Chinese and Japanese albums, member's OSTs for dramas, and even all of Ravi's solo. However, the effect of listening to him sing was way more heart pounding than I imagined. For some unknown reasons, since the first conversation itself, I haven't been able to even properly look him in the eye yet. Some kind of fear and anxiousness have been swallowing me from within, since I heard his hollow voice. At first it only felt unreal, but later on, it began to haunt me.

As though I was living in my dreams instead of reality.

On the other hand, the astonishing diversity of the songs he composed really surprised me. His dance songs were seriously catchy and sensual at the same time, while his solo hip hop tracks were so damn energetic and addictive. Even more shockingly, he had all upbeat, y and melancholic songs composed in the same album without contaminating their individual colors such as VOODOO album where all Voodoo doll, Secret Night and Someday were presented in perfect harmony. I was in awe of his outstanding ability to produce quality music in every genre possible with remarkable lyrics as well.

And among all of his genres, I found myself being defenselessly drawn towards his soulful ballads. They were all so damn serene and sorrowful at the same time and I was truly stunned by the intensity of his profound lyrics. It sounded as though he was pouring his damaged heart into deep words, and they talked to me painfully.

He seemed lonely. He was yearning for love, either a lost one or a yet to be gained one. Either way, he was in pain and I believed that he has been trying to get over it for a long time. For the past two days, I have not seen him in person yet because he was caught up with concert and fan meets and for no logical reason, I was missing a stranger I met two days ago.

I was missing his cavernous voice, his charming face and his ever so captivating eyes.

After ending the call with my dearest housemates, I decided to take a walk in the terrace of the hotel. Like habit, I found myself playing Ravi's sad serenades, while I hummed along with the soulful music. My heartbeat instantly raced whenever his part came and even if it was only for a few seconds, he still sounded as breathtaking as ever. Leaving a cautious distance between my body and the railing, I looked up at the starlit night sky and let myself be carried away by the calming chorus as I began singing the sad lines along.

"I don't need anything else
I don't like anything that's not you
Nothing in this world can interfere
Right here, right now,
It's only you and me...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter