Memory 4 : Like A Habit...

I Need Memory...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GIA'S POV :

"Eonnie!!...

EONNIE!!!!!..."

I jerked right out of bed, startled by the intense high pitch of my roommate. It's truly a miracle to have such loud voice coming from a small figure like hers. When Sorim first introduced Jiwon to me as my roommate, I only saw a sweet and rather reserved girl. She seemed like a bookworm who would listen to relaxing instrumental music before bed every night. However, she proved me wrong by being directly opposite to everything I thought she might be from day one.

Although she was a couple of years younger than me, I haven't actually felt the yet because of the lovely way she treats me. And God knows how surprisingly I got a lot more comfortable with her in just a week. Being the only girl in the family, both of us could relate to so many things and we bonded over all those small details like real sisters.

Handling her childishness became a habit more than routine as she always surprised me and I found myself growing more and more fond of her. Each and every day, I have been discovering more sides of her, and today, it's her ability to reach three damn octaves of high notes. Pulling the sheets over my head, I wiped my tear stained face in a hurry before she notices, but I could hear the girl taking a seriously long deep breath and gearing up to hit the next level of her octave range with my innocent ears at stake.

"EEOONNNN..." Before she could do anymore damage to my sensitive ears, I pounced over and closed shut, as we both fell onto the mattress.

"YAH! Yah! Geumanjomhae! I'm up okay? I'm up already! And I'm wide awake!" She giggled like she usually does and began pulling the sheets away, exposing my one-piece Shinchan pajamas.

"Then get out of the bed. Today is really important for your assignment, remember? Please don't let our whole week of preparations to go to vain. ILEONASEYO, JI AH EONNIE!" She yelled at the top of her lungs again.

"Firstly, my name is G-I-A, GIA! And not Ji Ah, darling. Secondly, it is 6 freaking AM and my appointment is at 12PM. So, I have five solid hours to sleep in before that."

I pulled the sheets back from her and curled myself in it as she hopped onto the bed and began bouncing. Although she didn't major in the same subject as I did, she still went to Howon. Among all 6 of us in the house, only Sorim and I majored in Performing Arts and Media but that didn't stop my ever so caring roommate from supporting me with my assignment here. She knew almost everything about my faculty and my assignment more than anyone. However, there was still one single thing that she was oblivious about.

It is my original motive of coming to South Korea and I don't really know when I'll be ready to tell her anything about my past yet. Well, since I, myself have no clear idea about it either, it is only a matter of time before I could discover something and acknowledge her eventually. Although seeking for her help in the first place did occurred to me, I pushed it aside considering the weight of that request could be for her. It was my task and I had to do it by myself. For now the only thing I could expect her help with is my assigned thesis.

Being a K-Pop fan herself like Sorim, Jiwon was more than excited when I told her that Prof Lim, my lecturer in charge at Howon suggested K-Pop as the major genre of my thesis. However both Sorim and Jiwon had refused to introduce any groups to me, whereas it was Sorim who offered to start with her own group in the first place.

"It won't be fair if your perspective is influenced by us from the beginning. Try to find out what you can first and then we will fill you in." That was what Miss Fangirl #1 (Sorim) said.

Whereas Miss Fangirl #2 (Jiwon) said, "K-Pop and K-Idols are something you should start feeling drawn towards by YOURSELF, eonnie. That is how you find your ULTIMATE STAN and eventually a bias. We come from a very just and peaceful fandom where we don't force people. So let us know, when you have learned enough about K-Pop and ready to learn about each groups separately, and OURS exclusively." They both even went so far and hid all their posters and albums and even merchandises from me.

"Firstly, I like to call you Ji Ah better because it sounds more Korean-like and trust me it is a lot easier for people here to pronounce. Secondly, It is good to be punctual...," her choice of words made me to poke my head out of the bed sheet roll as I raised an eyebrow at her in belief.

Clearing , she rearranged her sentence, "...I mean, it is good to be punctual and it is INDEED EVEN BETTER to be earlier than said time. Eonnie, didn't you say that Prof Lim was going to take you to some place very important for your thesis? We can at least prepare beforehand if you would just stop being lazy!"

"Does that mean you're going to show me your posters?"

"NO. We are going to revise briefly on what Sorim eonnie and I had taught you before."

"Oh, I remember all that well enough though." She crossed her arms, giving me a straight face.

"Let's see. What's the difference between Visual and Face of the Group?"

"That's a piece of pumpkin pie! They're the most good looking one." She face palmed herself as I simply rolled my eyes at her.

"ANIYO, EONNIE! Visual is the most good looking one. Face of the Group is the one who represents the group in shows or events, or is the most well-known one. I can't believe you got the most basic detail wrong.

NOW GET UP!"

★★★  

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

It was another happening weekend with fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter