우주 외계인 (Doyeon • Yoojung)

Idol [HIATUS]

===

To run. All I could do was run. Chaos was everywhere and I was letting my feet carry me to wherever. Not only that, I had someone with me.

"Faster, Yeonhwa." I said and let her go ahead. "Hurry."

"Yoo...don't let me captured by them." Yeonhwa went by my side and we ran together.

"I won't let that happen. I swear." I told her.

Yeonhwa and I were by the cliff and we were surrounded. The soldiers surrounded us and we were at the edge of the cliff. A dead end.

It was the 12th Century. Do Yeonhwa was a famous widow by our village and she was dubbed dead by het selfish family. I was Choi Yoo, a family merchant. We shared a certain bond and when Yeonhwa found out about her family's infidelity, we escaped together, leading us to this moment.

"There's no way out, you insolent fools." A soldier yelled as he got his arrow aimed at us. "Prepare for your demise."

Beneath my merchant look was a heart of a warrior. As I stood by Yeonhwa's side, I swore to protect her. With a grab of my wooden rod and Yeonhwa, I assaulted them all. It took some time to knock them out but eventually, I did.

I huffed and checked Yeonhwa if she was alright and I was relieved. But then, the events went unexpected as I saw Yeonhwa in front of me...bloody and an arrow was on her chest.

I was frantic the moment the red stain got to my hand. I nudged her. "Yeonhwa! Yeonhwa!"

"T-Take this..." She huffed and gave a wooden pith to me. "...g-go...you can't die..."

"Yeonhwa..." I was tearing up. 

She ended up hugging me, her head by my shoulders as her arms were by my own, her body slowly losing its life. A ring by my ear made its way and I saw the culprit who shot her, with other soldiers coming after us. I lay her down gently, got my rod and continued to fight.

It went so long but I could cuss at myself. I was outnumbered and at harm at most of my chances. I had gone hopeless as well. And with a swing of the head soldier's sword, I was down for.

I was carried towards th edge of the cliff and I plummeted. I felt my left eye was hit by some stalagmite and I huffed, watching a blur in which Yeonhwa was taken away.

+++

The heavens hear deals of mere mortals with respect to their actions.

Why was I gaining strength? I felt my right eye open lightly as I saw a yellowish aura surrounding me.

You made a dignitary come with you, ran away from home, dishonoured her promise, and plummeted onto your death with carelessness and incompetency…and with comes a price that needs to be paid…

I felt that energy coursing as I watched bits of yellowish dust ignite towards me, like I was reversed from disintegrating into ashes.

…you will become a deity within the space-time continuum and will remain within the depths of this land for the rest of your days. If the comet shoots itself in the sky within the winter solstice and the destined human comes, only then will you be given the chance to go back from whence you came.

The voice was utterly weird yet it had a point. Some force in the universe gave me strength as I jolted up, feeling time stop. I got up fully and time continued again. I couldn’t believe myself yet I looked around and guessed of my surroundings as if I had the answers to everything

It was the year 1240. I was at the bottom of the cliff. Sure, it was almost absurd for a petite to fight my off and plummet onto death yet I was given by the said voice another chance to live completely. I became a sort-of space alien with some absurd name that would become my identity till eternity. But what shocked me was that I can somehow predict the future, I can levitate, I can gain supernatural strength, and I can even stop time.

I was able to manipulate the things around me and even made fun of the day and night. I changed it back to night and got up the cliff. I saw that same pith Yeonhwa gave before death and kept it.

I sighed as I wiped the dust off of it. I was very bloody and I huffed as I decided to travel elsewhere. I was walking when I felt myself being pulled up towards a ship. I was carried by it and fell down in the middle of nowhere. With that, I walked for days and nights until I got to place. Looking at it made me conclude of one thing.

My eternal days will start and end at this very place.

••••••••••

“Hey, give that back! It’s mine!!”

“But now it isn’t.” I grinned as I walked away while eating the lollipop.

I waltz around like a princess and got back to the university. I met with my friends as we got to the classroom. When we got to our seats, I wondered as our professor didn’t arrive yet.

“Weird. Usually, Professor Bae comes early.” Yejin whispered.

“Aish, this could be a wonderful opportunity. No professor means no class.” I said.

“Apparently, there’s a sub.” Ji Suyeon, the class president, spoke. “Sorry to wreck the celebration.”

The three of us whined. But then, everyone froze as the professor came. It was weird. How could everyone be intimidated to someone so short.

“You’re insulting the height of the sub, Kim Doyeon,” said Suyeon.

“How did you-“

“Well, I could expect that from the tallest person in the class.” She spoke again. “But I heard that this sub is as good as Professor Bae.”

“Okay. Good morning.” The sub spoke and we greeted back. “As you all know, Professor Bae has been promoted and is now a department head.”

The rest of the class cheered. And somehow, I couldn’t avert my eyes towards her, let alone stop my heart beating rapidly and out of nowhere.

“Yeah, nice, I know…” The sub spoke and chuckled. “So my name is…” She wrote at the board.

“Choi Yoojung…” I mumbled.

“I’m Choi Yoojung. I’ll be your professor for the whole year. Nice to meet you all.”

“Nice to meet you, Professor Choi.” We all spoke.

“Since it’s the first time knowing me, why don’t I turn the tables and know you, one by one?” Professor Choi spoke.

I was albeit relieved that we didn’t have class for today but the introduction was too mainstream for my taste. It ended up to be a boring until…

“Next.” Professor Choi spoke.

“You’re next, Doyeon.” Yejin said.

I nodded and went down. I got to the pedestal and somehow, my eyes stopped at the short yet cute professor. But then, I had to go back to business as I started off with a bow.

“Hi, everyone. I’m Kim Doyeon. I’m 17 years old, turning 18 this December 4. And I’m a student and a trainee in an acting company.” I spoke. “Nice meeting you all.”

It was utterly weird of me but why does my heart tingle towards a professor? I couldn’t help but have my mouth agape of how cute the sub was. The classes went like usual yet for the first time throughout my course in learning at school, I became interested.

+++

I waltzed around the campus, deciding not to go home yet due to the boredom, and got myself a cup of mocha latte by the barracks and watched the daily walks of students within the university. As I sipped, I noticed a bully messing with an innocent woman. I huffed and got close to them, pouring the contents of that latte on his head.

“What the , you tall stupid-head?!!” He cussed and stormed towards me.

“Heol…” I muttered. “…so much for a man who’s gone all icky just because he got spilled with latte. What a wuss!!”

He chased me and I run like an ostrich. With a tall stature and long legs, I was speeding away as he was panting after a lap or two. I laughed and got away but then, I tripped. I even got some excess latte spattered on my face.

“Omo-isn’t that the said trainee in acting Kim Doyeon?” I heard someone say.

“Heol…for a trainee, she’s a careless idiot…” Another one said.

I hissed and got myself up to see Professor Choi, with one leg plopped lightly by mine. I could cuss of the conclusion that she tripped me intentionally.

“What was that for?!” I lost my honorifics and spoke informally. “Why did you-“

“You’re running in school premises. It is a nuisance to the eyes.” She spoke. “And running after a student after spilling latte on him is highly disrespectful. I could report you with that.”

I was damned. Was the attractively cute professor and this strict midget of a faculty member the same? How could she just spit accusations without knowing the motive of what I did?

“Yah, Professor…” I faced her and looked down on her. “…I intended that because I had to help a student who’s being bullied by him. Do you think I’ll turn into a blind eye and just let that hurt her?!”

“It’s not any business you meddle into. That’s not how life is.” She snickered and approached, almost ironically funny because she was a ruler shorter than me. “You did help that student and then she’ll depend on you for the second time, the third time, until she bugs you and treats you as if she’s your master that needs to be protected.”

“What in the world are you saying?!” I was utterly insulted and dismayed.

She didn't say anything and went off. I hissed and got away. I totally regretted of having a little crush on that midget! What an !

••••••••••

After talking and having lunch at a restaurant, I decided to go back to the university to settle my papers and teach my afternoon classes. I was done with the last class after three hours and got to my cubicle to get documents settled when I heard a fellow professor ask me.

“Professor Choi Yoojung, we’re having dinner later. Do you want to come with us?"

“Come on, Prof. We’ve been working together for three years.” Another professor said. “Besides, we could get to know each other more. Do you even know our names-"

“I’ll pass.” I said again. “Your names are Kim Boseon and Hwang Seyoung so if you’ll excuse me…” I grabbed my stuff and went out. “…I need to go."

+++

I rode my bike back to the apartment. As I did, I would stop by pedestrian lanes to cross as I tag my bike along. I was walking when I saw something by the billboard screens. It was a footage of news about a comet passing through Earth for the next six months. It hit me as I rode again, almost quickly, towards my apartment.

As I got in, I sighed just looking at the fancy walls, the mahogany furniture, and the vast space it consumed, almost too big for a petite person like me. Nonetheless, I got to my study room, grabbing a little notebook amongst the collection of papyrus, old transcripts, and hard-covered books. I got to my desk, grabbing a pen and writing something down.

November 6, 2017
Six months till my stay on Earth.

I was known as the space alien risen from the 12th century. I was originally born in 1214 and died at 1232, then resurrected by the Almighty as a deity in 1240. I was a merchant before then lived life for almost 800 to 900 years as a veteran at war, a doctorate in various fields, a surgeon, and settled as a professor.

But aside from that, the Almighty was said to portray fallen human beings as deities and that destined humans would be the salvation of their abilities, which were considered as punishments for us. In my case, I also had my destined human. That was Do Yeonhwa, the monarch to whom I saved from falling on a cliff.

We had our times together but the incident happened. With that I lost my hope of finding my peace.

A ring disrupted my field of thought and I answered it. “Hello?”

We need to talk, my space alien friend.

I chuckled and put on a uniform-like attire and put on my patch for my left eye and teleported myself in the restaurant.

+++

I was enjoying a drink with a friend, a person whom I’ve studied with in law school. We talked about the times of old, thinking that it was better than today. Adding to that was a good game of chess.

“Aigoo…you’re still the 18-year old from 30 years ago, Yoojung.” She spoke.

I look at her and she was right. “Really, Seojung?”

Lee Seojung was my classmate in law school three decades ago. She was exactly 50 years old and here I am, still looking like an 18-year old throughout those 30 years of meeting her and the same 18-year old from the 12th century up to the present. She knew that I was deity and she still stuck by me as her friend.

It was my punishment as the space alien. The said omnipotence was my eternal consequence.

“Yeah. See the picture?” She showed me a monochromatic picture of us. “You still look the same.”

“Yeah…” I nodded and drank again. “Say…do me a favor and file me a death certificate after six months.”

“Huh?” Seojung was confused.

“You’ve been a great friend and a great lawyer, Seojung. Actually, you’re the only friend I have in this world.” I smiled lightly.

“So those stories you used to told me about your demise are about to happen, huh?” Seojung asked, looking sadly at me.

“Yes, Seojung.” I nodded. “This will actually be my last request from you.”

“But the comet came and go every three years yet you came and go.” Seojung said.

“That was different because I haven’t met my destined human, Seojung. I will go…but I won’t be coming back ever again.” I clarified. “You see…I think I have found her again 8 years ago."

Eight years ago, when I worked as a surgeon, some vision slipped in my thoughts of a girl almost getting hit by a truck. Her face looked like Yeonhwa, almost like she was reincarnated within that little girl. With that vision, I came towards that place from time to time until Christmas came and that vision came into a reality. And being the deity, I stopped time to get her to safety.

Gazing onto those eyes, I guess it’s what the Almighty was signing to me that she was my destined human. Then again, I never saw her again after that incident. I thought the Almighty was playing with me but one day, I hoped that I could see her again within those six months so that I can finally be at peace.

“Are you really sure about that, Yoojung?” Seojung asked.

“I’m sure.” I nodded. “The Almighty might’ve played with me for quite some time but I think it’s about time.”

“I see…” Seojung smiled sadly.

“Don’t give me that look.” I chuckled.

“Can’t I be condescending when my friend is about to leave for good?” Seojung sighed. “Nonetheless, I’ll help you find her. If it means to have your peace, I’ll help you through it, okay?”

“If you must.” I smiled. “Thank you, Seojung. I’ll remember you in paradise."

••••••••••

It was a long day. Balancing school and acting training was no joke. I huffed and slumped onto my apartment, a place that has been my home recently. I chuckled of the fact that I got a palace for a home.

Despite of being a trainee on acting, I also freelanced on supporting roles, CFs, and even modelling. I earned through it, more or less ten million dollars on every offer. It was almost inevitable that I became a freelancer and a student for an 17-year old. Some veterans were envious but they couldn’t argue. They say I had good looks fit for business but age had to be a so I couldn’t go through the real aspect of work yet.

But with that came the bittersweet twist within my glamorous life. My mother kept bugging me for money, my sister rebelled and ended up in cybercafés, and I was a kid without a father since my mother dumped him because he was broke. I was pissed at her. She only wanted him for his money. What a !

I ended a recent call from her and cried. Not only I had problems with family, I also had problems with myself. I was always dubbed as the tall idiot in school and I even got tripped by a professor who was a ruler shorter than me.

“Well…” I sniffled and plugged in the karaoke. “…time for stress relief.”

I selected all songs I wanted to sing and sang my heart out. I didn’t have a quality voice like any singers in Korea but who are people to judge? It’s a stress relief. I need to have my peace of mind somehow. After singing the last song, my doorbell rang. I got to the door and opened it, almost falling because of the visitor. It was Professor Choi.

“First the bully and now this…” She mumbled. “You do know that it’s 10 PM, right?”

“And?” I asked back.

“Did you really have to sing a lot of songs at this hour?” She asked back.

“What? You heard me?” I asked. “Well…mind me.”

“I had to. You were not much of a good singer. You actually screamed more than sing.” She spoke.

“Yah…that’s just rude.” I huffed, my tears forming and dropping. “You tripped me at school earlier and shamed me in front of students and now, you’re scolding me from singing not knowing that I had to do this as a stress relief because I am ed up today?”

“Doyeon-“

“What kind of a professor are you?!” I sobbed.

“D-Doyeon, I’m sorry, I-“

“Don’t apologize.” I huffed as I try to relieve myself. “Just…*sigh*…good night.”

I closed the door and threw a bit of a fuse, going towards my bed and crying my heart out.

+++

It was another day in class and I sighed of the lesson on History. What ed the day up was that Professor Choi was not only our Professor in Language but also our sub for this subject. For a midget, she has brains.

The topic was of death penalties during the old times. I listened to the discussion of people dying through hanging, starvation, even in tears. It was gruesome to think of it. And why the do we need to learn these? We're juveniles looking forward to what life has to offer in order to strive and survive and here she was, discussing about the inevitability of demise.

She also discussed of a monarch by the name of Do Yeonhwa and that some monarch helped her get out of abduction.

Do Yeonhwa?

The said name triggered my thoughts as I pictured old scene of a young girl running with a female merchant.

*slam*

I got back to reality as I saw Professor Choi’s hand by my desk. I gulped and got my attention to her.

“The said merchant was given something before the drath of the monarch? Do you have any idea what it is, Miss Kim?” She asked.

I gulped but something came out of my mouth. “The Wooden Pith, ma’am.”

“Okay. Very good.” She mumbled and discussed again. “The Wooden Pith was an artifact in the late 11th Century. It was like a whistle made with a wooden body. It’s actually stored in the Seoul National Museum but it was decaying. All artifacts were linked to that whistle and were donated by an anonymous in 1914.”

“What the heck, Doyeon…how did you know that?” Yejin asked, shocked but I could only shrug.

+++

The class ended after an hour and I sighed in relief because it was the last class. I got my stuff ready and decided to go with Yejin for dinner.

“Kim Doyeon.” Professor Choi called and the three of us froze. “You remain.”

Yejin gulped and got outside. I sighed and sat by the front and Professor Choi and I were face to face.

She was silent as I asked what was my concern towards her. She kept shut for almost ten minutes and I was getting restless. I looked around and I exploded.

“Yah, Professor! What is this? Is it about my answer to your question?!” I huffed. “Is this about the time I tripped? The time I disturbed your sleep because of karaoke?!"

She didn’t say a word. I didn’t want to be up for this as I snickered. “Hey, what kind of a professor are you oppressing a student like this? You know, the little mishaps you misinterpreted could cost you a warning. I could also tell the administration of that-"

She sighed and left the room. I was damned again and I ranted because she was one heck of an !

••••••••••

It was evening and I was getting ready for bed when I heard Doyeon from the other room, ranting about s and I sighed, not giving a of what I was hearing as I slumped myself and went to sleep.

In my dreams were unfamiliar set of feet. It was wearing heels and was tripling over the balcony. Not only that, it was falling.

*gasp*

I huffed as I was woken up. I felt beads of sweat coursing through my body and felt my left eye hurt. I sighed and relieved myself, going back to sleep once again.

I think the Almighty is playing with my dreams now.

+++

I was at the university walking around with Seojung as she visited during my vacant periods. We talked about a lot of things until I shared my dream.

“Maybe it’s a sign that your time is near.” Seojung said.

“What sign?” I asked.

“Like, you only have six months until you return to whence you came. Maybe it’s the Almighty telling you to change for the better, to help more, and to actually seek for that destined human from 8 years ago.” Seojung said.

Seojung knew about my attitude and it was a thing that she was utterly pissed at. I was never the deity to help because I was sure that it won’t matter, that it won’t change the course of life. But then, I had my reason as I was talking to her about it.

Helping Yeonhwa was the last of it.

“That help wasn’t gone as planned. Things are meant to happen and I meddled, making things worse.” I sighed. “That was another part of my punishment, Seojung. It’s one thing I can never back away from.”

I walked ahead and Seojung sighed and followed.

+++

Another day has come for me. As I walked, I passed by Doyeon and for a thought, she looked quite fabulous, almost like an actress. But hearing from faculty and students about Kim Doyeon, she was said to be a trainee in acting but by the looks of it, her training days were taking her to a new level.

I saw her going out and she raised an eyebrow at me and flipped her hair. I got a glimpse of outside, seeing cameras and fans as they swarm around her like she was the queen bee. I wasn’t impressed. She was still the tall arrogant in school and outside it. I got towards the alternate exit to avoid the crowd and got to my white bike.

I fixed my bike a bit and eventually listened and witnessed her interview. She was utterly unconvincing, especially that fact that she had mistaken Propofol for Propolis. Is she insane? That statement could lead her to jail. And to think she’s still a college girl. She got a glimpse at me and I sighed.

“Idiot.” I mumbled and rode off to the university.

+++

It was another class and I was utterly relieved that Doyeon didn’t decide to miss this class. The cameras by the back were disturbing and they made me feel pissed but who am I to meddle and tell the crew to stop shooting? I went with the flow, instructing them to pass their essays.

They all passed as I began reading them and marked their grades right on the spot. I got Seungwoo to help me with the checked ones and separated the ones that need to be checked. Doyeon passed last and everyone cooed and applauded. I could only sigh as she places hers on top, making me raise an eyebrow as I read her essay first.

And just as expected, she had to make tons of flaws. What an idiot.

“Miss Kim Doyeon.” I called.

“Uhh…yes, Professor Choi?” She asked.

“It seems you don’t know general rules since you don’t come to school frequently.” I said, looking at her. “Essays are certain forms of literature for comprehension. And in any piece of literature, plagiarism is a crime. As for yours…” I closed it shut as I just read the title. “…your pieces of literature are pieces of plagiarism.”

“No, it isn’t. And I didn’t do anything.” She defended.

She was playing it the hard way. I got my red pen and decided to correct everything that’s been written.

The students were laughing lightly and some of them were admiring me, ogling in their thoughts that Choi Yoojung was the cutest and coolest professor. Well…it didn’t end there.

••••••••••

I was infuriated as the essay was thrown on the trashcan, just in time for class to end. All of them got out, even Professor Choi didn’t bother to sympathize of what I had to go through.

I was shooting a documentary and it was going all wrong. I had mistaken drugs, humiliate myself in speaking to students and faculty, and now I get zero for an essay…which was professionally copied, I’m afraid. But I had a life! To the least I needed sympathy.

Therefore, I conclude, I’m screwed.

“Aish, that midget of a professor!” said my manager, Jung Haerim.

I was still in the classroom and the gossip of my mistake spread like wildfire. I was getting rude comments and positive comments towards Professor Choi. I got even madder as I commented.

Kim Doyeon is just human. Is she not allowed to make mistakes?

“Doyeon-ah…” Haerim spoke as she sat on an adjacent seat, looking at me sadly.

“You said not even ghosts could see that essay. Is she a ghost then?” I asked.

“It’s not like that. But I couldn’t believe it. How did she even see it? It’s impossible.” Haerim ranted.

“Get out. I want to be alone.” I mumbled.

“Yah! I’m Jung Haerim, a strong woman at body and heart. You can just beat the out of me-“

“I said get out. And I said I need to be alone.” I said again. “Please.”

Haerim did and I was alone at the classroom. A transaction notice from my mom’s credit card had to add and I cussed, banging the table. 

+++

Why is the place so blurry and why is my pave of way so wobbly as if the world was twisting before me?

I knew I was drinking and I could get home. I cheered and got to my room, typing the passcode but it didn’t accept.

“Darnit!” I huffed as I typed again. "Invalid, my .” I mumbled. “Open, you stupid piece of .”

I typed my password again and it went on lock mode, making me frustrated. I ended up saying ‘Open Sesame’ as if the door was going to open.

I cheered as it did but seeing the person made me cackle. “Heol…it’s Professor Choi, the midget babblemouth!”

“Watch the height, Miss Doyeon-"

“What?! You’re a ruler shorter than me and you’re a condescending .” I snapped.

“Yah! That’s not how you talk to your professor! And I don’t cuss-“

“Yeah, you do! Well…” I huffed. “Nani the ?!”

“That’s not even a-“ I pushed her off and got myself in.

••••••••••

My peaceful evening had to be disrupted by some tall idiot barging on my room, drunken and utterly broken on the inside. I sighed and moved her to sleep on the couch with my powers.

“This is just…” I groaned and cleaned the living room after she walked around and caused a mess.

I even picked clutter up when she scooted to the left, showing her collar bone and fine shoulders. I gulped and tucked a blanket above her.

*ring*

I raised an eyebrow as I answered her phone. I huffed and answered. “Hello?"

Who’s this?! What are you doing there in Doyeon’s apartment?!

“She’s actually in mine. She barged in here.” I said.

+++

I look at the door and saw her manager arriving, all mad at me, almost punching my face but I just sighed."

“Yah! What did you do to her?!” She ranted as she saw Miss Doyeon slumping by my couch. “Do you even know who you’re dealing with?! And what did you think of letting her stay here instead of just taking her back to her room?!”

“That’s why you are tasked to send her back. You would be liable since you’re her manager.” I said.

“Yah, that’s Kim Doyeon! The hottest trainee who gained a major line in the acting industry despite her standing!” Her manager huffed and lent a hand. “Give me your phone. She’s a public image of acting, for ’s sake! Who knows of what you did to her!"

I sighed and did that as she hissed and carried Miss Doyeon sloppily out of my room. I saw Miss Doyeon’s jacket loose, showing off her shoulders again as I hoist the sleeve up a bit to conceal it. As the door closed, I huffed and decided to get ready for bed.

+++

From the shower to the dining table where I’m having my drink, I could hear their voices from next door. I picture out a tall idiot knocked out from drinking a bottle of soju and her manage who actually had some feeling towards her actress and that she acclaims herself to be a special someone to the girl. What a .

I picture Miss Doyeon again as she slaps her manager a lot. She cussed and left and Miss Doyeon finally slept peacefully.

Wait a minute. Why am I laughing in silence? And why am I doing this just because of Miss Doyeon?

This is just silly. I sighed, changed myself, and going to dreamland.

+++

It was another day and I got myself ready for work. As I fixed my collar shirt and straightened my hair, I noticed something under the sofa. I went closer to grab it and found out it was a wallet. I opened it a bit, showing a picture of a family. My gaze stopped on a little girl and it hit me. For some reason, I thought that it was one of the Almighty’s games but it had some similarity.

It was Miss Doyeon’s wallet. With her identity, I needed to see her because maybe, just maybe…she was my destined human.

I stopped as I saw her manager again. She wasn’t mad at me this time as I asked her. “Where is Miss Doyeon?”

“Why are you looking for her?” She asked and gleamed. “Are you going to change her grade?”

“Aish!” I tackled her lightly despite of my stature. “Tell me where she is!”

She ended up stuttering the location as I ran towards the parking lot, almost sighing because I finally get to use my car. I go on, turned it on, and drove quickly. I ended up in a salon as I stormed in, seeing Miss Doyeon debated by some woman.

Seeing that woman almost slapping her made me storm towards her and stop her from doing so.

“Yah! Let go!” That woman yelled as she got her wrist off of my grasp. “Who are you to interfere?!”L

“Yah…Professor Choi…what are you doing here?” She asked me. “How did you find me?"

“Miss Doyeon, we need to talk. Now.” I demanded.

That annoying woman was still ranting when I glared at her, causing all the lights bulbs to explode. The people around would be panicking but I didn’t have that empathy as I pulled Miss Doyeon outside. I was utterly silent as I couldn’t believe that maybe this idiotic student of mine was the destined human.

“Yah!” I huffed as I got her wallet and showed her the picture. “Who’s this little girl?"

“Yah!” She yelled as she took her wallet back. “Why did you look at that picture?!”

“Who are you?” I became frantic for a deity as I inched closer. “Seriously, who are you??”

She kept herself silent this time as I couldn’t help myself but look at her. And with the sudden beat in my chest, I had enough of these petty games.

Can she just tell me that this woman right here is truly my destined human? Isn’t that way easier?

••••••••••

“Yah! What are you talking about?!” I huffed, feeling offended of what my midget professor was doing.

I saw her serious look. I was a bit mesmerized by her eyes but her gaze had gone soft as she sighed and let go of me. “What am I even doing? You couldn’t be her…”

“Who are you talking about? Is she someone beautiful that gave you a misconception of what I look?” I asked.

“No…” She said. “She’s far more different from you.”

I noticed her gaze down, almost towards my silver shoes. I batted to where she was looking at it and I was just befuddled as she asked if the shoes were mine.

“You think these were sponsored?” I asked. “I may be a training but I earn a lot from what I do. These shoes are an only pair in Korea and I got them.”

She didn’t seem to care. She said her apologies and left the salon. I look at her, raising an eyebrow as to why she rushed here. I facepalmed myself as I hissed, forgetting to ask her again.

+++

What a sickening midnight for me. My stomach was hurting like hell. I huffed, fixing myself, not letting this pain stop me. I called Haerim to help me but the was with her family so I didn’t have a choice but to go to the hospital myself. But being the known trainee in acting, I had to look good.

I got out of my room and my stomach was starting to digest itself. I panted and was struggling to walk on my silver shoes when I saw Professor Choi go out from her room.

“Wait!” I yelled as I panted. “W-Where are you o-off to?”

“Hmmm…Seoul National Hospital.” She answered. “I happened to have my business there.”

“P-Pr-Professor…” I panted again. “…m-may I come w-with you?”

“Say no more.” She said as she helped me.

+++

I was resting on a bed as Professor Choi spoke some diagnostics of my condition. I saw the nurse shocked of how smart she was, even I was impressed on Professor Choi’s smartness but the pain triggered harder. Professor Choi yelled some instructions as another asked her of her relation with me.

“I’m her teacher.” She answered casually.

“Okay, Miss Choi. Please sign the guardian consent here.” The nurse said.

Professor Choi sighed as she did. Looking at her, I was utterly thankful that it came out of timing that she had to come here. If not, I wondered what would happen to me. And somehow, seeing her made me feel safe.

Later, I would be sent to the operation room since I was diagnosed with an acute appendicitis. I was changed into a hospital gown as I was skidded towards the room. I looked around, wondering where Professor Choi was and she was at the side, walking slowly.

“Wait!” I said and they stopped. “Professor?”

She sighed and got closer when I held the hem of her shirt. She looks at me seriously but…

“Professor…”

“What is it, Miss Doyeon?” She asked me.

“Please wait for me until I wake up. Don’t leave me here…please…” I begged.

“Fine. I won’t.” She nodded.

I was skidded inside and was forced to let Professor Choi go. I was worried for myself on how I got this pain but what worried me most was that Professor Choi would go.

I hope not.

+++

I was awoken with Professor Choi sitting down a chair, reading news. I was grateful and flattered that she really stayed and waited. My thoughts were disrupted when I heard the door open and the doctor came in. Professor Choi was quick as she got closer and asked the doctor of my condition.

“Well, the fever should be gone. We only conducted a little endoscopic test and her appendix was painful due to the digestive gases. Flatulence is one way to relieve that and we have prepared something for the patient.”

“What would that be, doc?” Professor Choi asked.

“We have taped green arrows on the floor. Miss Doyeon needs to walk it off to excrete those unwanted gases. And it would be much lovely if you help her out, Miss Choi.”

“Sorry…” I huffed. “…I don’t fart.”

“It’s the only way for you to be discharged, Miss Doyeon.” The doctor said

“You’re doing it, Miss Doyeon.” Professor Choi spoke sternly.

I had some shoots to do soon so I can’t ditch my own health. I needed to be discharged soon so I decided to obey. Professor Choi helps me get up and walked by my side, following the green arrows on the floor.

The walks were utterly slow. I cussed at myself for experiencing this but with Professor Choi by my side, I was at ease. I was utterly guilty for dragging her onto my mess but I was grateful for her presence and for helping me get here. Looking at the short professor, she was really quiet and I couldn’t help but feel something on my chest.

Weird. She’s my Professor and she’s an . There’s no way I’d fall for that.

“Professor?” I called.

“Yes, Miss Doyeon?” She responded.

“Thank you for this.” I said. “I apologize for dragging you to my mess.”

“What’s done is done.” She said. “Now walk slowly again.”

I nodded and walked. She was still by my side and it had gone silent again. I decided to ask her of that woman she was mentioning about. “Who was that woman, Professor?"

“You mean the one I mentioned?” She asked and I nodded. “Well, she was a friend. I must’ve mistaken you for her. I apologize for my unprofessionalism.”

“Was she your first love? Your mother?” I asked again when she froze.

“It’s something you shouldn’t know. Now walk.” She spoke.

I pouted and walked with her again. I stole glances at Professor Choi and I smiled lightly, feeling safe and warm by her side. I held onto her arm tenderly tighter. We stopped by one window as I saw the first snow. I got closer and Professor Choi followed. I sighed and looked at the view and I huffed, trying to suppress my tears.

The first snowfall reminded me of my father, the only parent I look up to and my number one favorite relative next to my sister. I always waited for him during the first snow outside the house and he would come for work, bringing me some coke and chicken. I would’ve preferred beer but he always said I was still too young to drink.

“You know, Professor…eating chicken and drinking beer is a nice thing to do during winter.” I spoke.

“Really, huh?” She asked, her sullen face looking at the view.

“Yeah…” I said. “What about you, Professor? What can you say about the first snow? I bet you have wonderful memories with it.”

“I don’t, Miss Doyeon. That’s all you need to know.” She said.

We continued to walk, following the green arrows. I chuckled at her because I’d never fart but when a sound was heard, I sighed. Professor Choi sighed too and called the nurse as I was trying to stop her.

••••••••••

After the fiasco with Doyeon, I decided to meet Seojung to talk about it. We had the usual drink of tea when Seojung remarked me of Doyeon.

“Who knows, Yoojung. Maybe she’s the girl from 8 years ago. Think about it.” She began. “You seem to have that instinct to take her to the hospital when she was sick, you were by her side the whole time, and you’re worrying for her when she’s on a cruise trip because of a wedding."

“Is that really what it implies?” I asked. “Maybe I’m just delusional.”

“Anything can happen in this world, Yoojung. I’m even talking to a deity now.” Seojung said.

“But she’s completely different.” I defended. “Yeonhwa isn’t like her."

“Whatever you say. To be honest, I thought you would get yourself straight with this predicament. You’re Yoodaeng, the space alien. How could you not be decent with this?”

Yoodaeng the space alien. What a lame name for a deity, almost as lame as PenSang, Sohye’s deity form. Seojung laughed at it the moment she found out but she got used to it. Back to business, I drank my tea and we averted our talk from our daily works of life until we went to our respective homes.

As I got to my home, I turned the TV on, seeing a special documentary of Kim Doyeon. I stopped on an interview she had about love and I wondered.

Love? Well, to me, it’s a great thing, almost inevitable. In my case, there was this short woman who saved me from an accident. She wasn’t really called attractive but she had a charm. She looked adorable and looked like a child with an adult soul inside. I always remembered that incident as I was grateful for her heroism. I was never a homophobic person. For me, she was my first love.

It hit me. I huffed and I couldn’t help of some assumptions to be true. Was Seojung right? Was I forcing myself to be delusional wherein the answer was right in front of me?

I wonder if she remembers me. I wanted to see her again. Time can never tell but it’s one thing about feeling love towards someone. Events will play along. It’s what all of us call “fate”.

The same vision hit me and something in made triggered as I grabbed my jacket and went out.

+++

I got myself on the cruise ship, seeing a couple making out but I excused myself and stuck to my real deal: to get Doyeon to safety.

I passed by various security cameras and broke each one. I got to the main deck of the boat, seeing fireworks in the sky and seeing people cheering and taking pictures. I even noticed the currents getting stronger and I saw Doyeon, wearing a black dress as she held a glass. I sighed. She was completely drunk.

Then, the currents were in a strong state that it rocked the boat strongly, causing people to stumble onto the boat and for Doyeon to fall…well…almost.

Time froze and I got to her and carried her towards a vacant room. Looking at the tall damsel sleeping in her drunk state, I could facepalm of what I’ve done. I was always cynical to human beings and here I am, saving a tall idiot.

People would be coming here so I needed to go but Doyeon held me tight. What shocked me was that she wrapped her long limbs around my neck and did something that almost killed the life out of me.

She kissed me.

I tried to get myself off of her when her eyes opened and she shushed me

It’s almost inevitable. You may be my midget professor but I’m dreaming of you and I’d like you to be in my dreams forever. I must’ve been lonely and waited for someone. Maybe you’re that someone. So please…find time to settle down with me. I want to stay with me and let me sleep onto your cute precious arms.

She cupped my cheek and I ended up stuttering. She inched herself to kiss me again when she slumped back and slept.

“Aish!” I got myself off and she snored to dreamland.

My work was done as I teleported back to my home, tripping myself by the stairs and slumping on bed as I hissed of what happened back there, all while I spat and wiped my lips off of that kiss. I had to get a winced arm as I tried myself to get to bed.

+++

I rode towards my classes and I saw some police doing investigation on a dead body. Seeing the shoes, it hit me.

My vision wasn’t focused on Kim Doyeon after all. It was from another woman, the woman that Doyeon argued with at the salon.

I shrugged and rode again. Some things would occur unexpectedly. I was a deity who was supposed to meddle and settle things right but to me, it was unreverent for beings like us to help people. To me, people can only help themselves.

But why is it different with Doyeon?

••••••••••

I woke up with another day back at my home as a sickening ring was heard. I groaned as I got up, my hands scurrying my phone as I answered the call.

“What?”

Yah, Kim Doyeon! Have you heard?! Your fellow actor Kim MInkyung was found dead last night and news has spread that you made her die! And reporters are coming after you!

“What the ?!” I jolted up as I took my mask off. “You mean I shouldn’t go out?”

No. They’re coming after you in the hotel! Get out of there!

I rushed to put some clothes on and got out of my place, all while I maintained my call with Haerim. I was about to push the button of the elevator when Haerim called me to take the stairs. I cussed and went to the emergency exit when she said to stay put.

“What the , Haerim? You said I should run!” I hissed.

Change of plans. You have to stay inside until the media ceases. Don’t stay on the internet too.

I cussed when I saw Professor Choi opening her room and heard footsteps coming in. I barged inside her place and closed the door. I saw the monitor and reporters flooded themselves onto the hallway. I cussed. I am screwed.

“Miss Doyeon, what are you-“ I shut with my finger.

She gets rid of my hand and I faced her to explain everything. “Professor Choi…I’m in a bit of a situation now. I apologize for barging in but I need your help.”

“Why would you need my help?” She asked.

"I got into a news wherein my fellow actress died because of me. If I step foot onto those hallways, I’ll be a sacrificial pancake to the reporters. Please, Professor…may I stay here?”

“Get out, Miss Doyeon. I have no time for that.” She spoke.

I cussed internally. How could this midget professor be so cynical? “Please, Professor?”

“No.” She spoke as she grabbed the doorknob. “I have no time for your mishaps so please get out of my room.”

I stopped her and we struggled like little kids arguing over a toy. We stopped completely when my stomach rumbled.

“What to do…uhh…Professor?” I looked at her with puppy eyes. “Do you have some ramen or cold rice? Ahehehe…I’m sorry. I haven’t eaten something since yesterday.”

She gives me the cold face and I begged through my puppy eyes. But then, I lost it. “Come on, Professor! I’m your student. A teacher should always be liable to take care of her students.”

“Well, I don’t consider you one since you ditch my classes.” She spoke again.

“Seriously? Are you even a teacher? You must be younger than me.” I batted.

“Excuse me?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Look at you. You’re a ruler shorter than me. Look…” I explained. “…I’m not the only one who’s in jeopardy. They’re going to swarm over you if I get out of this place. What would media say of a trainee in the place of her teacher? Believe me, it’s not going to be nice.”

She was somehow drawn to that idea and I continued to beg. She sighed and pointed at her sofa and I went to sit there like the obedient student I was.

“One, don’t touch anything. Two, don’t ask me too much questions. Third, stay one meter away from me.” She mumbled as she left.

I was damned of this woman. I sighed and decided to turn on the TV to distract myself. I was crying to the heavens like why the did I have a cynical midget for a professor?

Eventually, minutes later, she got back and placed a black pack by the table. She went somewhere and I scurried the contents, seeing ramen, snacks, an isotonic drink, and a bunch of tangerines. I grinned and went to cook some ramen to replenish my hunger. I set the table and even scurried her fridge to see some side dishes. I prepped my meal and wanted to dig in when I felt lonely.

I went to look for Professor Choi and I found her in her room, laying down. I knocked and got her attention.

“Professor, please eat with me.” I said.

“No.” She spoke and motioned me to scram.

I huffed and got back to the dining room and ate. I cussed after I was done. I was only eating for three bites but I finished everything. Well, there goes my diet.

I got the dishes washed and got back to the TV, watching anything from the channels as I indulged myself of the snacks Professor Choi bought me. I was so immersed that I gasped lightly as Professor Choi sat next to me.

“I couldn’t sleep. You had to turn on the TV.” She mumbled. “What are you watching anyways?”

“Channels. Most of them have me in it.” I answered.

“Did your fellow actress actually die because of you?"

It hit me. I turned off the TV and faced her. “You’ve seen Kim Minkyung in that salon. She loathes me so she could never kill herself. The last time I saw her was in the bathroom where she wanted to talk about marriage towards someone she had been dating and that was it. I didn’t do anything…but why do I feel sorry as if I did the mistake?”

I shrugged it off and the TV again, seeing news about a UFO flying around Seoul. I thought it was boring when Professor Choi stopped me and she listened attentively.

“You like this kind of stuff, Professor?” I asked. “Sounds childish."

She didn’t say anything to me. Looking at her, she was cynical…but cute.

What the , heart? That’s your teacher.

••••••••••

I was shocked of the news. I would’ve reckoned that it was the Almighty’s sign that my time will be ending soon. It makes me cuss internally as if I’m a delinquent facing the consequences of my own actions.

“You like this kind of stuff, Professor? Sounds childish.”

I looked at her and then I spoke. “It’s news. I like news.”

“Hmm…there’s the existence of UFOs but why aren’t there aliens?” Doyeon asked. “If there were things like that, there would be aliens too…and if they would come, they should’ve helped people, like the Pyramids at Giza."

“There’s no jurisdiction of that. Aliens are extra-terresitrial beings with supernatural intelligence only to discover, not meddle. And why would aliens help people? Earth isn’t their planet.” I batted.

“But Superman is an alien from Krypton yet he helps people. Wait a minute…” Doyeon faced me. “…why are you so uptight of this topic? Are you an alien? Do you have powers?”

“No and no.” I coughed, lowering my head.

“Hmm…say, Professor, let me share something. I had this dream yesterday and you were in it. Isn’t it strange?” Doyeon asked me. “But why do I get the feeling that it was so vivid…that it was real?"

“Don’t ask me that. They’re just dreams.” I said.

Doyeon huffed and got to the balcony. Somehow, my feet dragged me towards the balcony as she looked at a billboard with her face on it. I was even bemused. It was the first time I saw that thing.

“It’s a reason why I moved here, Professor.” Doyeon said. “It took me a lifetime to become a trainee in acting but it took me a decade to get my face up there. Putting a billboard up on that building is expensive, costing 100,000 dollars a month. Looking at it, I see myself smiling. Not only it’s a sign of my hard work but it somehow relieves me of my feelings, especially my struggles.”

“I see that.” I mumbled as I drank some tea. “It also seems you’re with people. More than ten reporters are on those hallways and most of them know you. But looking at you, I see an alone 17-year old student.”

“You’re right, Professor. I could say the same thing to you.” Doyeon said and I looked at her. “It seems no one gets inside your home. You don’t have a social life and you seem to live on your island rested and alone.”

I saw Kim Doyeon as an idiot in first impressions but somehow, she had guts with life. It somehow intrigued me of the ways of humanity.

“Let me tell you something out of that problem, Miss Doyeon.” I said. “If you don’t want to suffer, don’t get involved on anything. Don’t give or take anything. That way, you won’t suffer yourself in the walk of life."

“That’s no fun, Professor.” Doyeon said and it hit me. “Life may be short and full of struggles but it should also be fun. And to me, those struggles make life bittersweet and fun."

I smiled of that. Doyeon looked at me and she grinned. I averted back to my serious look.

“Hmm…you have a name, right? Choi Yoojung, was it?” She asked.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Can I call you Professor Yoojung this time?” She asked.

“Whatever you say.” I mumbled.

“Ah…they’re still outside. I even wonder if those idiots will have footage of me here.” She mumbled as she looked at the view.

Seeing her smile was tangling the knots in my heart in a way I could never understand. She looked at me and hugged me. I struggled a bit since I was short. my height.

“Hey! I’m Kim Doyeon!! And I’m here hugging my favorite teacher!” She yelled.

“Rule number three, Miss Doyeon.” I said and she moved away.

I sighed of my predicament with my student. It was going to be a long night.

+++

I was grabbing extra pillows and a blanket for Doyeon to settle in by my sofa. With the ruckus outside, she couldn’t go anywhere. I had no option but to let her sleep for the night.

“Do I have to sleep in the sofa?” She asked.

“Actresses sometimes have emotional disorders leading to sleep deprivations. Sleeping in the sofa would be like sleeping on a rock. But then…it’s not my home.”

“Alright, Miss Doyeon.” I said, rolling my eyes. “We need to sleep. You’ve been loud enough.”

“Ne.” She nodded and plopped herself in. “Professor, do you have books?”

I sighed and got some from my shelf and tossed them on the table. “Now will that keep your mouth shut?”

“Ne.” She nodded and read one. “Good night, Professor Yoojung.”

I sighed and went to my room to sleep. But minutes turned to hours and I wasn’t getting any. I tried reading a book of poetry but it didn’t suffice. I decided to drink another glass of milk when I saw Miss Doyeon already asleep, a book of fiction plastered on top of her face. I sighed and went closer, placing the book on the table and tucking her on the blanket. Seeing her and doing those things made me freeze.

I was reminded of that one snowy day with Yeonhwa as she said something about the first snow, that any lie spoken would be forgiven. She spoke of her liking towards me and laughed it off.

It was a memory that give me hope. And somehow, that memory plasters itself on my heart for all eternity.

“Nonsense…” I mumbled, seeing Miss Doyeon snoring herself.

I sighed and decided to go back and sleep again.

••••••••••

Morning came and I was stretching myself from what I ate last night. I saw Professor Yoojung rubbing her eyes so cutely and I greeted her. “Good morning, Professor.”

“What’s so good in the morning? I barely slept a second.” She mumbled.

“Okay, then it isn’t a good morning but I wanted to greet you, Professor.” I said as I continued my little exercise.

“What are you doing? It’s almost scary.” She spoke.

“I had to lose a few pounds for my legs. Eating a bowl of ramen was not part of my diet regime.” I said.

“Oh yeah…rule number five…I hate messes. You know, the whole place changed itself thanks to you. You better clean up your mess.” Professor Yoojung hissed.

I didn’t listen yet but when she took the cushion from my head, I winced. “Idiot. What was that for?!”

“You need to clean your mess. Now.” She spoke.

“No.” I pouted.

She hits me with a cushion like a little kid and we ended up fighting like ones. There was even a point wherein she pinned me. For someone so short, she was strong.

Wait a minute…why is my heart pounding?

I felt her get off of me as a visitor came out of nowhere. I saw Professor Yoojung’s shocked look.

“Huh? Mom?”

It was a woman almost as young as her but I guess she was older. She stuttered. “Ma’am- I mean…Yoojung-ah.”

“Omo.” I reacted and bowed. “Hello, mother. It’s nice to finally meet you, Yoojung’s mom.”

Professor Yoojung glared at me and her mother laughed lightly. “Yah, Yoojung-ah. I didn’t know you and neighbor had been this close, especially when said neighbor is THE Kim Doyeon.”

“Haha…yeah…” Professor Yoojung grinned and boy, was she adorable?

“What’s that, ma’am?” I asked of what Professor Yoojung’s mother brought.

“Ah…homemade food, dear. Her father sent them for Yoojung here.” She spoke. “Why don’t you join us for breakfast?”

Professor Yoojung protested but I shut her up by covering like the midget she was. Her mother chuckled and I grinned.

+++

I wowed of the food present. I also got her mother’s name, Choi Seojung. I was excited to eat and I even dragged Professor Yoojung like a friend rather than a teacher. Nonetheless, we all ate our meal. I tried the foods and I felt heavenly. The food was delicious.

“Shut your mouth and eat.” Professor Yoojung mumbled.

“How can I even eat with my mouth shut?” I batted.

I saw Mrs. Seojung smiling widely as I went to get some fish when Professor Yoojung made an attempt to flip it over to get some meat. I stopped her, our chopsticks colliding.

“It’s not good to flip your fish, Professor. It’s a Korean custom.” I said.

“You’re making it up.” Professor Yoojung mumbled.

“I’m not. It’s what my father taught me.” I spoke, even if there was a pang of a certain moment that it could send me to tears. “So please don’t flip the fish.”

She didn’t and continued eating. Mrs. Seojung made comments on how close we were and I smiled and chuckled. Professor Yoojung didn’t say anything. I pouted at her lightly but I smiled again.

Who knew being here with Professor Yoojung was one experience that mattered and will never be forgotten?

+++

I was still doing my stretches as Mrs. Seojung and Professor Yoojung went shopping. I ran some favors to Professor Yoojung and Mrs. Seojung agreed. I was happy and continued my stretches.

Professor Yoojung arrived and got the stuff. I smiled and got to grab the charger since my phone was dead and I couldn’t get my charger back at my home. I saw Professor Yoojung’s serious and wondered what’s wrong.

“Professor! Let’s go outside!” I held her hand. “I want to see how my banner’s been?”

“You got a text, Miss Doyeon.” She said. “You need to read it."

“Nah, I can read it later.” I said.

“You got a call.” She spoke as my phone rang. “It’s annoying so you need to answer it.”

I shrugged it when I heard a breaking sound. I wondered and gasped as her vase broke and glass shards scattered around the floor.

“It broke all of a sudden.” She mumbled.

“Then go pick up the shards. Use gloves.” I spoke.

I had no choice as I answered a call from Haerim. “Hello?”

Doyeon, there has been something up with the case of Kim Minkyung’s death. A will was found. I’m sorry for the news but the media are going to hunt us big-time. Lay low for now, okay?

“Hang up. Now.” I spoke and she did.

“What’s wrong?” I saw Professor Yoojung looking at me.

“I need to go now, Professor.” I spoke as I grabbed the necessities and the charger.

I bowed at her for the hospitality and made the motion to leave when she stopped me. I could feel a thump as she spoke.

“If you’re not at fault, there is no reason to hide.”

How can I not hide? I sighed and nodded as an excuse and left her place. I was relieved that the reporters were gone but a part of me felt heavy. Although Professor Yoojung had a point, I couldn’t help the guilt of what happened to Minkyung-unnie.

Do I really have no reason to hide?

••••••••••

It was another day and I haven’t seen Doyeon in a while. According to some news, with the death of Kim Minkyung, Doyeon is facing some challenges which would cost her fame, her fortune, even her will. I sighed, leaving a note by the door of the exam she needs to take by 4 PM. It’s almost weird of me to let her take the exam. Even if she’d take the exam and get a good mark, she’d get an F for her absences.

How weird of me. Why am I turning into the considerate deity?

Nonetheless, when that time came, I got to my class and assessed the exam. As students took the exam, I sighed of a vacant seat, Doyeon’s seat. I guess she won’t be able to make it.

But then, I heard clicks of cameras and visualized flashes and people gathering around a red car. Seeing the person inside, it hit me that as soon as the exam finished and I was done assessing it, I went to the location immediately. And as usual, my powers didn’t lie.

Inside the car was Doyeon. She was eager to make it to the exam but with her rumor and the paparazzi, she couldn’t get out. I was utterly pissed at those people. Why can’t they just leave her alone?

“What do you all think you’re doing?”

They stopped and I got to the car and talked to the person who happened to bump her vehicle intentionally. She had her refutes but they were all too simplified with no jurisdiction. Even if she were to defend herself, it was still wrong. I stopped them from doing anything stupid and opened the door, seeing Doyeon cower lightly.

“Come on.” I lent a hand. “It’s alright."

For a tall woman, she almost behaved like a scared giraffe as she held my hand and we went somewhere. The people would take picture of it but I snickered. Try turning on dead cameras now.

“Where are we-“ Doyeon and I stopped as we got inside. “Why are we in museum?!”

“Sh…quiet down, Miss Doyeon.” I said. “The exam was over minutes ago. I decided to take you here where people are few.”

“Seriously…” Doyeon sighed. “…you would’ve taken me away from campus. It’s boring here and-“

I wondered why she stopped. I watch her look at a specific artifact. Seeing her sad look made me wonder.

“The Wooden Pith?”

“You got that right.” I spoke.

“Why do I feel sad looking at it?” Doyeon mumbled.

Those words hit me. I watch Doyeon as I was reminded of that artifact. In fact, what she said linked to the history of it.

It was a sad memory for me because Yeonhwa gave that to me before she died of her disease plus a hit of arrows because she wanted to save me. It saddened me to the point that I never wanted to get attached to people so deeply ever again.

“Professor?” I heard Doyeon call.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Can we go home together?” I asked. “W-With the situation I’m in…I am almost alone in my fight. I would lose my job bit by bit and…I could use a helping hand-“

“Pass.” I spoke directly. “I can’t be liable to my own student.”

“But…” She batted lightly. “…it’s your duty as my Professor and my neighbor.”

I wasn’t supposed to do this. I cannot meddle. Not again.

“Come with me.” I mumbled and she walked by my side.

+++

She ended up staying with me at my room. I thought it was going to be for a day. But with all that had happened, she had stayed with me for a week now. She even got something from the mail under my name and I wondered.

“Well, I’m THE Kim Doyeon. And with the word about me, I lost all credentials from almost every service in this country. So…I decided to put your name on it~"

I huffed and got to the door and signed. Doyeon got the package and she went to the kitchen. I closed the door, making me sigh. I was like a short parent looking after a tall kid as she opened a jar of crabs fermented in soy sauce. She was even scammed because it didn’t have a lot of contents in the soup and the crab didn’t have eggs at all. I could only click my tongue a couple of times.

“Let’s eat together, Professor.” She spoke.

“Pass.” I said.

“You always say that. I want to eat with you. And besides…” She pouted. “…I don’t like eating alone plus I share food so it’s alright.”

In the end, I sighed and set the table. Doyeon sets up the crabs, bowls of rice, and side dishes and I got to my seat and Doyeon sat on my left.

We said our blessings for the meal and Doyeon ate heartily. I joined her, being the deity I was but somehow, my mouth was twitching, almost smiling.

“Have some more, Professor.” Doyeon scooted the piece of crab towards me.

I thanked her and continued to eat. Looking at my student, I thought of the petty games the Almighty was letting me play but somehow, I couldn’t help but believe of her games, that those were meant to be played because Doyeon was significant, that she was indeed my destined human.

••••••••••

Life has been a mess. I was loathed by people, my company was tossing me off, and I had to settle the problems myself, even I can’t visit Minkyung-unnie’s vigil. My mother was utterly mad at me but I shrugged it off. her and her phony arrogance and this forsaken life.

After all the fiascos, I decided to go back home. I got to my room, typing my simple passcode since I can’t remember complex ones. I opened the door and there was a gift. I opened, screaming as it showed Minkyung-unnie’s picture splattered in red paint, looking like blood. I was terrified that I ended up going out and knocking at the other door.

“Professor Choi! Professor Yoojung, are you there?!!” I was crying. “I need your help, Professor! Please!”

It opened and there she was, looking worriedly at me. I sniffled and stormed inside, with Professor Yoojung closing the door. She glared at me as I try to regain myself.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“I…” I gulped. “…s-someone gave me a threat! It even had a picture of Minkyung-unnie!”

“Alright…” She sighed. “…stay here for a while.”

I was utterly relieved. Then again, Professor Yoojung was never the one to help. I was utterly lucky. “Thank you…”

“You don’t have to.” Professor Yoojung spoke. “Just…don’t disturb me.”

She went to her room and I was left to sulk by her living room, almost deranged on how ed up it was going to be.

+++

I got myself an offer for a supporting role and I wanted to talk about it. Due to my issue, I couldn’t just go alone. I asked Professor Yoojung if she could come but she refused at first. I begged, almost crying and in the end, she agreed. Now, we were heading towards the meeting place, with Professor Yoojung driving my car.

“Professor, I heard that you wouldn’t teach next semester. What gives?” I asked.

“Just an assessment of another phase of my life, Miss Doyeon.” She answered.

“Are you off somewhere, Professor?” I asked again.

“Yes.” She spoke.

A pang of hurt hits my chest as she said it and I was confused to why I felt that. I look at Professor Yoojung and she just drove silently. An idea came to mind. “Professor, how about you go part-time?”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“You can be my manager-slash-bodyguard.” I suggested.

“Why would I do that?” She asked back.

“Well…I needed someone to be by my side within all my endeavors. Haerim can’t be my manager anymore and...” I look at her again. “…you’re the only one I can trust now.”

She stopped suddenly, realizing that we already arrived at the venue. I thanked her for the drive and got out when…

“Professor?”

“Yes?” Professor Yoojung looked at me.

“Don’t go.” I spoke.

“I won’t.” She answered.

“Thank you again.” I smiled.

She nodded and sat quietly. I went inside, only to be greeted by Haerim and someone that shocked me. “Chu Yejin?!”

“Hey, Doyeon.” Haerim greeted.

“Doyeon.” It was indeed her.

“You were a trainee?” I was still shocked.

“I started today with the drama you declined because of your issue.” She somehow smirked at me. “The company had to depose you because of your issue and they needed someone so I decided to join in and entered on that offer. The drama hits more the 20% compared to your 10%.”

I snickered. I never thought that this girl in school was a cocky as soon as she stepped into fame. “Is this the offer?”

“Yes. I decided to propose this offer for you as a supporting role. I wanted to patch in that issue you have brought yourself into. Consider it as a helping hand.”

I sighed at Haerim for dealing with this woman. I sighed, shaking my head. “Well, that helping is one thing that I need to refuse.”

She snickered and I went out, seeing Professor Yoojung still sitting quietly. I sighed in relief as I went closer. But as I blinked I was shocked.

Where is she?

A break of a glass was heard and I felt a push. I saw Professor Yoojung and I gazed at my left, seeing a broken fish bowl. I huffed, my chest palpitating.

Great. My tantrums have struck.

“P-Professor…” I was still shocked.

How in the world did she get to me in a second? I could’ve sworn she was just in the car one time. I was shocked.

Miss Doyeon?

My vision went blurry.

Miss Doyeon, can you hear me?

I huffed and flashbacks of eight years ago came in wherein I was almost hit by a truck but someone saved me. She was someone I died to meet, someone I waited for, and someone that had my heart first.

I’m seeing her in Professor Yoojung as I plummet myself onto darkness.

••••••••••

I was back at the hospital and Doyeon was still resting. I sighed of what happened to her and I am to be called at the police station since the said culprit was caught and was in fact the person who also sent her the picture of Kim Minkyung. I settled some things in the hospital for Doyeon’s safety then got to the police station for interrogation.

All those events were finished in my timing and I decided to go back when a sting hits my head. I huffed, holding the left side of my face as I visualized something wrong. I saw a fainted view of someone being abducted from a hospital, sent by a red vehicle, and letting it skid towards a ravine. I shook my head again and the visions became clear. It hit me.

“Doyeon…”

Being the space alien, I hear almost everything in this world, creating resonations beyond my sense of hearing. But I focused and heard Doyeon’s screams. I cussed, teleporting towards the place, shocked that it was the same place where Yeonhwa died in my arms. Nonetheless, I hissed and got to the car. As it skidded towards its fall, I got to the front, stopping the car.

Its headlights broke. Lightning and thunder crashed in the midst of that snowy day and Doyeon was scared. She got to look at me and she was crying, dazed as if her memories would be lost just by my glance. In my case, I cussed at myself for her to look at me in my deity form, the yellow aura glistening around me and my left eye glowing a pattern as blood flowed from it.

The car was ultimately stopped and Doyeon blinked her eyes shut and I decided to teleport away. I saw the culprits responsible and dealt with them, killing them. I huffed and decided to teleport to my study room yet I ended up tripping and rolling down the stairs, hurting an arm and my bloody hand.

“…” I huffed.

I could hear Doyeon’s cries as she calls for her ex-manager. Her ex-manager came to the rescue and got her back to the hospital. I shook my head and decided to mend my hand in the living room.

The shards were large that it would almost cut my hand open. I did the usual procedures of aiding and got my wound sealed. I huffed, changed, and got to bed rather early.

Doyeon’s mind was utterly longing for me, thinking to where I was when she needed protection and safety from anything. For me, it was platonic.
Doyeon can’t bother herself with this deity. I would risk her safety and I don’t want that.

+++

Morning came and I decided to run by the hospital for some pain relievers. I may be a deity but somehow, that advantage took a toll on my system. I was intolerable with pain, I get injuries, and I’m even sleep-deprived. I went down when I met Doyeon out of nowhere.

“Doyeon.” I greeted lightly.

“Professor…” She mumbled. “…where were you yesterday?”

“I was at the police station. I would’ve stopped by but I got busy.” I reasoned. “If you’ll excuse me. I need to go somewhere.”

“Wait.” She held my arm, stopping me. “What happened to your hand?”

“I got an injury along the way. It’s not that serious.” I answered.

She didn’t make way. Instead, she grabbed my hand and forced me to sit by the hotel’s lobby. She was face to face with me and I asked. “What is it?”

“Are you really sure you weren’t there in front of me, Professor?” Doyeon looked at me intently.

“What do you mean?” I asked again.

“I could’ve sworn I saw you stop that car from before…and that you saved me from getting hit by a fish bowl.” Doyeon spoke. “Professor…please tell me the truth.”

“Miss Doyeon.” I spoke seriously. “You’re just hallucinating. Maybe it’s the tantrums. I suggest you need to rest."

Doyeon lowered her head and I reckoned that was through. I sighed and decided to leave.

“Were you really not there?”

“No.” I answered.

“It’s just that…you’re always there when I needed your help…but not on my accident.” Doyeon mumbled. “J-Just so you know…I almost died in an accident…”

“Really now? I’m sorry.” I said. “Whatever happened to you recently, I apologize.”

“You should’ve been there…to save me…”

I froze as she mumbled that. Then again, I had to sigh and say, “I don’t have accountability for that, Miss Doyeon. Not now…not ever.”

I left her there and got out to do my usual walk of life. It was utterly painful of me to do just that but for me, it was better that way. The months to stay here on Earth are shortening by the moving hands of the clock. If Doyeon were to stick with me, it’ll be tacky for her.

••••••••••

The following days have been sickening. I may have been fine after the incident but there was no more sign of the midget professor Choi Yoojung, from my time here at my residence to my time at the university.

Since I was laying low from the career as a trainee, my life went back to normal. Professor Yoojung was said to be out of the program and was replaced with another teacher and I haven’t even noticed her at the hotel. For now, I was settling everything, especially my rent. I got back to my room and cleaned everything up. I got to the balcony too as I saw Professor Yoojung watching the view.

“Yoohoo.” I waved lightly.

“What’s your business, Miss Doyeon?” She asked.

“Mind me, Professor. I just wonder of your whereabouts.” I said.

“If you are, well I’m just here.” She answered. “And stop calling me Professor. I don’t teach anymore.”

“Can I call you Manager Yoojung then?” I asked her.

“What do you mean? I’m not anyone’s manager-“

“So be my manager, then.” I insisted. “Come on, Yoojung-ssi. I really need you.”

It somehow stopped her. In my case, it was so stupid of me to say such things. It made my insides tingly.

“Yoojung-ssi, have you ever wonder of my struggles?” I spoke. “I may be working hard for my young age but sometimes, I can fall. But in my case, I can’t let the world see my weaknesses in the amidst of mistrust and struggles. That’s why I want to hold onto the cliff instead of letting myself fall. But I can’t do it if you won’t help me.”

“Look, Miss Doyeon. You have people behind your back. Of all people in this planet, why ask me? Because by the looks of this midget, I don’t have that trustworthy look.” Yoojung-ssi said.

“But I do trust you, Yoojung-ssi.” I defended.

“Well, you can’t. Because I can’t always be there for you. And if I can, I can never commit to that.” Yoojung-ssi kept on defending.

“Why not?” I asked again. “Is it because I’m incompetent enough?”

“Miss Doyeon, it’s not like that-“

“Then help me.” I looked at her almost begging. “Please…”

Yoojung-ssi looked at me intently. I couldn’t help but look back when I saw some yellowish aura shine by the left side of her face. I was shocked. Was I getting delusional?

“Fine.” Yoojung-ssi said, averting me to my field of thought. “What are we going to do?”

+++

Due to my insufferable involvement in my own sense of poverty, I made my ways. Yoojung-ssi helped me in most cases, especially towards my agency. I even met with Soomin and Haerim and we went to coffee.

Me? I had to be the tough one despite of the reprimands of Yoojung-ssi. And what really ed the life out of my conscience was that Soomin had gotten plastic with her inner self and got flirty with Yoojung-ssi.

Wait. Why the am I affected by it?

“We’re here.” She spoke.

I nodded and we got out of the car. We walked together towards our rooms as I stopped, looking at Yoojung-ssi.

“Hey, Yoojung-ssi. I saw you with a compress on your forehead while we were at the balconies. Are you okay?” I asked.

“It’s nothing.” Yoojung-ssi answered as she inputted her passcode. “Good night.”

“Wait.” I stopped her as I held her hand.

She winced and got her hand off. I was shocked and wanted to ask her but she glared. I sighed and averted the topic. “Yoojung-ssi, shall we eat dinner together?”

“No thanks.” She spoke and shut the door.

••••••••••

I huffed and stopped to look at my hand, having a deep scratch from the past accident with Doyeon with regards to her car. I wad relieved that I wore a long jacket with long sleeves that covered my hand. Just as I was about to apply a new bandage, my bell rang. I opened it and there wad a badass woman. I was shocked. She looked like the PenSang herself.

“Hey, midget.” She spoke. “My sister wanted me to give this kimchi to you.”

Kim Sookyung is her name. Doyeon calls her Lua. And just like the tall dork, her sister is just as feisty.

I thanked her as I accepted the box. I got it out and stored it in the fridge when another ring came in. I opened the door and there was Doyeon, looking ravishing as if she was going to a party. How could she dress up like these just to get back a kimchi box?

“What?” I asked.

“Yoojung-ssi. I’d like the kimchi box back , please.” Doyeon spoke.

I nodded and closed the door. I went to get it and went back when Doyeon got in.

“You didn’t change your passcode. I hope you won’t plan to afterwards. How's the kimchi? Is it delicious?”

“Yeah, yeah. Now go.” I said and handed the box to her.

She ended up gawking at me for too long that I motioned her to go. As she did, I hissed and leaned by the wall.

“She looked lovely on that dress. She’s tall, pretty, and very charismatic. She really is a star.” I mumbled then slapped my own face. “Oh no. The hell…”

I slap myself again to wake up towards reality. Doyeon is not the destined human. The Almighty plays that it’s her but she doesn’t see that certain ‘it’. Despite of hearing most of her thoughts of admiring towards me, I can’t cling onto that feeling.

But my heart. It was beating so quickly that I huffed and fainted right here by the sofa.

+++

The fever was not stopping me. I was walking around wearing a large jacket and a piece of Kool Fever was stuck on my head. I wore a headband to conceal it and planned to meet Seojung today when I got a text from Doyeon, saying that she wanted to meet me. I sighed and got to the balcony and there was Doyeon.

“What is it? What do you want to talk about?” I asked.

“I’m going to say something while I avert my gaze. Just listen.” Doyeon suddenly spat. “Just so you know, I’m a person to be looked at due to my career. I fill people’s thoughts and my own…but why am I thinking of you?”

It took me aback. I wanted to stop her from saying but why couldn’t I? And why was I rooted to the ground, as if my senses were open towards this predicament?

“Gratitude and emotions are two different aspects but why didn’t I determine those aspects? I was grateful to most people who helped me but why was I always focused onto you? Am I falling for you? And what was that yellowish aura by the left side of your face-ah!! Don’t answer me back!”

Now I became attentive with those words. Scratch the feelings. I gulped, sighing as the thunder roared.

“What the…what’s happening?” Doyeon was shocked of the sky. “Is it going to rain?”

I was shocked and tingly to the bone. The lightning and thunder got more intense as Doyeon slowly faced me. With this event turned a disposition of the main idea of my existence and of my sort-of symbiotic relationship with Doyeon.

What did Doyeon see? Did she see ‘it’? And if she did, was it proof that Doyeon was indeed my destined human, that girl whom I met 8 years ago?

“Doyeon.” I grew serious. “What do you see in me?”

“Yah! What is that by your face?!” Doyeon huffed and pointed. “Why am I seeing something yellowish by your left eye?! Is that a patch?!”

I gulped. She saw the beginning of my curse of immortality and the end of it. She ran off inside her room and I did too, my legs turning into jelly of the sudden revelation.

••••••••••

With times of sudden revelations come times of aversion. I haven’t met with Yoojung-ssi nor talked to her since that confession. But then, those sudden thumps of admiration paved a call that I should let her fell of how I was doing and vice-versa.

I got out of my room and Lua was still eating. Nonetheless, I went to the next room, happy of the fact that Yoojung-ssi still hasn’t changed her passcode as I got in casually. I looked for her as I called, wondering of the loss of her presence within her premises. From the kitchen to her study room, I looked for her.

“Yoojung-ssi?”

I saw a reflection by the books and saw her silhouette. I looked to the side, seeing a dimly lit room. I got closer once more, my legs frozen to their places of what I saw.

The room had a yellow glowstick as its source of light. But what shocked me was Yoojung-ssi. The left side of her face was emitting a yellow aura, including her hand. She winced and panted as she had a picture held on the other hand. I gasped as I saw the picture.

It was me eight years ago.

"Doyeon! What are you doing-" Yoojung-ssi spoke but she huffed again.

I drew closer but she backed away and got weak. She ended up fainting and I rushed to carry her.

+++

I carried her inside my room and forced Lua to help me out. I cared nonetheless of Lua's remarks as I placed Yoojung-ssi to bed. I checked her temperature and she was cold. 

"Yah... Yoojung-ssi..." I got frantic as I nudged her.

I wasn't the one to cry, especially for an like her. But somehow, they had a mind of its own as they dropped by her cheek.

"Watch the tears." I sniffled as I saw Yoojung-ssi coming back to life. 

I hugged her, relieved that she was okay. But then, she was still the savage as she nudged herself off of me. But I hugged her tighter. She didn't budge and I froze as she disappeared.

"Right here." She was by the door.

"H-How did you..." I was shocked. "...are you really an alien?"

"Yeah. I would've kept it forever but not for long." Yoojung-ssi spoke as her left eye glowed yellow. "Yes. I'm an extra terrestrial being. I'm known as the space alien by the name of Yoodaeng. And you, Kim Doyeon..." She pointed. "...are my destined human."

••••••••••

Kim Doyeon was one hell of an idiot yet she accepted the revelation pretty well. She was like a little kid who believed in those supernatural concepts called fiction. In the end, she asked me of the typical questions of my identity.

"Can I fly? Sometimes but I mostly teleport. Can I heal? Yes but only if necessary. Can I stop time? Yes, I can." She spoke.

"Did you save me from falling off the car?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "That was the reason why I got a scar on my hand."

"One more question." Doyeon said. "Were you the woman from eight years ago?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"See this girl here? Like how did you even get this picture? This was me..." Doyeon confessed.

I was lost. I ended up growing closer to Doyeon and confessed back. "Because I was that woman who saved you."

This day turned out to be an epic one. It made me mortally disgusted. I was a deity who doesn't make herself inferior towards mere mortals. But I lost that superiority because a destined human.

"Is it why...you always did your all to protect me?" Doyeon asked again.

I nodded for the last time before a hand was on my face and I felt something against my lips. And with that, thw Almighty's games had their reasons and I had my desire to try living this life and to feel love towards my destined human, towards Doyeon.

+++

After that incident, Doyeon and I had gotten along pretty well. As she started to lift herself up back to her career, I became her manager. The times were successful and nice, even our relationship turned nice.

We arrived back at Golden Palace and Doyeon wanted to stay by my room so I agreed. We ended up fixing each other and got ourselves ready for bed. I slumped first, feeling weak. I look at the window and saw the constellation of Aquarius.

It was four months before mt departure of this world.

"Yoodaeng~" I heard Doyeon call.

I got Doyeon to call me of my alien name and I even had a nickname that she really liked. "What is it, Dodojjyu?"

I was snoring myself to dreamland when I felt Doyeon lay next to me, her tall build cuddling onto my short build.

"Yoodaeng, why did you do that?" I heard Doyeon ask. "Why were you a selfish to me before?"

"I didn't want to adapt the walks of mortals. I had my beliefs towards mortals, that they're vulnerable and their life will always by insufferable. But then..." I mumbled. "...someone changed me to learn."

"Who was that?" Doyeon asked.

"You. Kim Doyeon." I answered.

She always told me to repeat the answer and I did. And somewhere beneath that recursion of questions and answers came three words.

I love you.

"Love, huh?" I mumbled as I looked down to see Doyeon asleep. 

+++

I was at another shooting spot with Doyeon. It was an opportunity for Doyeon's career and it would be her first comeback. It was also a shoot of an action movie and I was below a tall pedestal and Doyeon was above.

"Take 3, Miss Kim." The director spoke.

"Ne!" Doyeon spoke loudly.

Doyeon smiled at me and I cheered her on silently. I watched her run and pounce but then, I forced time to stop as as it hit me.

Something bad will be happening.

Yoodaeng. Your time is almost up.

It was already the last month. A few hours left and my time on Earth is up. I would've stopped the events but the Almighty was already restricting my capabilities. I huffed and let a tear drop as I snapped my fingers.

I'm sorry, Doyeon. 

••••••••••

Fire. All I could see was fire. I fell from my stunt and I watched the people go and ran out. The flames weren't helping too as it was suffocating me. But I couldn't worry about it.

Where's Yoojung?

"Yoodaeng..." I called.

Some forcefield was blocking the heat and the fallen debris that would've killed me. I looked to see Yoojung, her eyes and arm glowing that yellowish aura. I felt that I was levitated and carried bwyond her back.

"Doyeon..." I felt her pant.

"Yoodaeng..." I hugged her tight. 

"I'll get you out of here." Yoojung waved her hand a ventilation system was opened. 

I cried and held onto dear life and felt lips by my forehead. I was levitated in front of Yoojung as she pats my head. "May the Almighty bless you. And always know that I love you."

I didn't understand when we got inside the ventilation system and I was placed safely. Yoojung emits a loud scream and I felt dizzy. I huffed and the last thing I saw was Yoojung fainting with me.

I held onto her for as long as I could. I can't bear lose her in this fire.

+++

"Doyeon? Doyeon, can you hear me?"

I got up and there were a lot of people gathering around me. There was Rina, Lua, Haerim, even Suyeon. 

"What happened to me?" I huffed as I loked around.

"You were knocked out for three days, Doyeon." Suyeon said as she checked something. "You didn't have injuries but you fainted due to suffocation."

"Doyeon, WeMe Studio was on fire. The fire was said to be a plot to destroy you." Haerim said.

"Precisely." A detective came. "I'm Noh Hyojung from Seoul Police Station. I xame here to explain of what happened to you, Miss Kim. I also need your cooperation."

The rest of them decided to leave us. I let them off and Detective Noh faced me. 

"Your doctor, sister, middle school friend, and your ex-manager have given their witnesses of what happened to you." She began. "The fire was a setup to destroy you, Kim Doyeon. The time that you go threats? They are from one person." 

She showed a picture of Minkyung-unnie and... 

"K-Kyungwon-nim!" I gasped.

"Director Kang was a founder of WeMe Studio and had a secret relationship with your fellow actress Kim Minkyung. She framed her death and the accusation towards you."

"Detective Noh...does that mean I'm off?" I asked.

"Technically yes." She nodded.

"Detective...do you know of a woman named Choi Yoojung?"

"Yes." Detective Noh nodded. "She and Miss Seojung became the last witnesses."

Just then, Miss Seojung got inside and hugged me. I heard her sniffles and I wonder what's wrong. "Eommoni, where's Yoodaeng?"

"Doyeon-ah...she's gone." Miss Seojung whispered. "She died saving you."

I ended up screaming. I cried my heart out as I can never see the short of a deity who loved me so much.

••••••••••

I was done being helped by a good girl and I rode my bike again. I got to a boutique store, buying a jacket and then towards a mall to buy a suit.

"What's with the suit and jacket, maam?" A red-haired girl asked.

"I'm going to a party. And my date could use a jacket from the cold."

••••••••••

I was done attending a wonderful award and was at a party. I sipped some tea as I sighed of my moments.

Suyeon became a family doctor, Haerim was once again my manager, Rina was a fellow actress who dethroned Yejin. Lua was my legal family member after I deposed my mother, Miss Seojung became my legal parent with Lua, and Detective Noh, known as Lucy, became our reliable friend and detective.

But I was still teary. These people mean a lot...but Yoodaeng meant everything. And I wanted her here so badly.

"Don't expose your skin."

I gasped and found the voice so familiar. I felt time stop as I saw Yoojung. She looked elegant on her suit as she got closer and puts a jacket on me.

"Yoo... Yoodaeng..." I reached for her.

"It's me." Yoojung smiled. "Sorry I took so long to come back."

We shared this moment. I was ecstatic. I cupped her face and kissed her lips.

"Will my space alien leave me again?" I mumbled beyond her lips.

"No." She mumbled back. "You're my star. I'm staying."

END

===

Congratulations to @Dadison for winning on the New Year's  update. Just PM me of your favorite ship and I'll feature it in a next set of one-shots. For @Agyusshi, my bae, you may try on the next update.

Aside from MiSo and Dodaeng, what are my other OTPs for IOI? So comment them below. Same rules still apply.

Now comment away HAHAHAHA