Two

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They finally let her off after a long list of never-ending questions such as: relationship with family, relationship with members, relationship with company. 

"And you're done, Miss Kim," Officer Lim extends a hand and Taeyeon shakes it. "I hope we won't need to call you back in." 

"I hope so to." Taeyeon spots Manager Eonnie waiting for her. 

"Please find her, alright?" Taeyeon looks into his eyes earnestly.

"We'll try our best." 

"You have to. We need Hyoyeon." 

 

                                                            / 

 

The ride back to the dorm is tense and gloomy. Manager eonnie taps her fingers against the steering wheel and looks at Taeyeon anxiously from the corner of her eye. The Kid Leader trains her eyesight determinatedly out the window. When they eventually arrive at the lobby of their dorm, Manager eonnie coughs to break the silence. 

"She'll be fine. She's a strong girl." 

"I hope so," Taeyeon mumbles. 

"Look," she hesitates. "If you know anything -not saying that you particularly do- I hope you'l tell, Taeyeon. We need everything we can get to find her." 

Taeyeon looks at her manager dead in the eye. "I don't know why Hyoyeon is missing, Eonnie," she says. 

Manager eonnie looks away. "I know, Taeyeon ah. I'm just saying."

Taeyeon swallows and unlocks the car door, bidding Manager eonnie goodbye. She tucks her hands into the pocket of her coat and ducks her her head against the early autumn breeze. 

She doesn't know why Hyoyeon is gone.

Or does she? 

                                                                /

"TTAEYYY?" She hears a very drunk Hyoyeon shriek from the other end of the line. 

"Are you drunk?" Taeyeon asks even though she knows the answer.

"Maybe," she hears a childlike giggle. "Those watery blue stuff which don't taste like water keep getting fed to me. I dunno." 

Taeyeon sighs. "Where are you? I'll come and pick you up." 

"Erm those places with really loud music. Lots and lots of people who like to kiss each other. Do they love each other a lot, Taetae? Is that why they kiss each other?" 

"No, Hyoyeon," Taeyeon s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter