Prologue

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyoyeon is missing.

Is what Soonkyu yells from one of their rooms. Taeyeon doesn't pay much attention at first because that girl has a habit of disappearing from time to time.

"Where did she go to now?" Jessica calls from the living room. "Vegas or Australia?"

The girls giggle a little. "Maybe Maldives. You never know," someone else says but Taeyeon isn't paying much attention anymore.

The last she had seen Hyoyeon was during breakfast, and then they had all left for individual schedules around noon. Now, at four in the afternoon, Hyoyeon still isn't home when she should be.

Taeyeon brushes it off. It's Hyoyeon they're talking about, after all.
 
                                                          /

"Tae," Sooyoung says with her arms crossed. She leans against the doorframe of the kitchen.  "Did you hear me? I said Hyoyeon is missing."

"She must have gone to the conveniance store," Taeyeon replies. She wonders why Sooyoung's so worked up; Hyoyeon's an adult, she can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants.

She sees Sooyoung chew on her bottom lip and then turn her long body around swiftly. Worry is carved deep on her face. Taeyeon frowns.

Why isn't she back yet?

                                                          /

"Taeyeon eonnie," Maknae's soft voice draws her out of her light slumber. Taeyeon stirs and sits up, the dull pain at her neck serving as a reminder that couches aren't meant for sleeping.

"Joohyun ah, you're home. How was the filming? It was the last one, wasn't it?"

"It went well," Joohyun answers vaguely. She lowers herself to the floor and settles in an awkward kneeling position.

"Hyoyeon eonnie is gone," she says seriously.

"What?" Taeyeon rubs th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter