three

the time machine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everything seemed to go fine at dinner with Jin’s family. His parents didn’t seem suspicious of Jimin at all, and he tried to keep the future references to a minimum (though a few slipped out here and there, his parents just nodded along and pretended to understand though). The boys made their way up to Jin’s bedroom after dinner and stayed there the rest of the night. There wasn’t much for Jimin to do and he was starting to get bored with not being able to text anyone. And he couldn’t look up funny videos on YouTube for them to watch either because, of course, there was no internet. Anything that would have normally amused his friends for hours on end was completely inaccessible to him now.
 
Jin didn’t seem fazed by it though. He just sat on his bed and read through a copy of H.G. Well’s The Time Machine. When the older boy noticed the other staring at him, he smiled. “I’m just looking for ideas on how to get you back to your proper time.”
 
“What? You don’t like me freeloading at your house?” Jimin joked as he joined the other on his bed. “Most people love having me around.”
 
“I like having you around, but I’m sure you want to get back to your friends, right?” Jin had a point. Jimin would have killed to be able to call Yoongi or even V right now and joke and laugh together with them about all this. He rested his head back against the wall beside the bed and sighed softly. “Tell me more about the future?” Jin asked as he set the book aside and rested his head against his knees. 
 
Jimin felt another pang in his chest when he saw Jin in that position. “I don’t know what I could tell you…” He bit his bottom lip as a thought crept into his mind. But he didn’t think it was possible… “I mean, I guess… I could show you?”
 
He pulled out his phone again and opened up his photo gallery. It was one of the few apps on his phone that still worked. Together they looked through the photos and laughed at the dumb ones where he or V would pull derp faces (and then he would have to explain what a “derp face” was). 
 
By the end of the night, they both fell asleep curled up beside each other, Jimin’s phone still clutched in Jin’s hand.
 
Jin woke before Jimin did in the morning and he looked at the phone again. He tried to hit the button to turn it on but the screen kept asking for a password. He tried to hit the buttons on the screen in a random order but nothing worked and he ended up “locking the phone” (or so it read on the screen) for 30 seconds. He carefully set the phone down beside Jimin’s hand and started to get ready for school.
 
When Jimin awoke he was greeted with the smell of fresh pancakes and a view of a shirtless Jin. Not a bad sight to wake up to… He thought before he noticed the other had a few bruises over

Please log in to read the full chapter