one

the time machine
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

When Jimin finally awoke, he hadn’t expected to see… this. He blinked as he took in his surroundings. He was still at school, still in the auditorium, still on stage in the prop time machine he and Yoongi had just pulled on stage for the drama club’s production of The Time Machine. He thought back to what had happened: He and Yoongi had been laughing and joking around, the director was yelling at everyone for not taking the dress rehearsal seriously enough, and then… an earthquake.

 

It hadn’t been too bad. On a normal day, he and some of his friends might have laughed about it, or maybe even pretended like they were on a surfboard during it. But he lost his footing, fell back into the prop, and hit his head on the top of it before he landed in the seat. He rubbed the back of his head and felt a small bump. Silently, he cursed to himself and looked around, noticing a few of the buttons in the machine were lit up. He must have hit them somehow when he fell. But he didn’t think they were supposed to light up. It was just supposed to be a prop… the design team had really outdone themselves this year.

 

Where is everyone? He thought as he looked around the empty stage. Yoongi was just beside him, not even a moment before the earthquake hit, he should still be around somewhere, right? They couldn’t have cleaned up whatever damage that might have been caused during the quake (to the point where the room actually looked nicer than it had beforehand) and left him in the time machine. Even if they did leave him in the time machine as a joke, there’s no way the director would have allowed them to leave the prop on stage. The dress rehearsal was supposed to be in a few hours. I should try to find everyone. I’m sure they’re all laughing about this right now.

 

He slowly stood up and stretched a bit before he turned to the machine and pushed it off stage. The prop was large and fairly heavy, so normally moving it around was a two-person-job, but since no one was around, he decided to just deal with it himself. He would text Yoongi and make him buy Jimin a coffee later to make up for him. He pulled his phone out of the pocket of his shorts and started to type the text when he realized there was no signal. Annoyed, he clicked his tongue and shoved the device back into the pocket when he heard the familiar sound of the auditorium door open.

 

"What are you doing in here? Only students and faculty are allowed in the school building. How did you get in?"

 

He couldn’t quite see who it was, but they were wearing a school uniform, so he shrugged it off and hopped down off the stage. It was probably a member of the disciplinary committee or some other goody-two-shoes group that he and his friends would normally make fun of.

 

"Relax, man. I am a student, I jus--"

 

"You expect me to believe you’re a student at this academy when you’re dressed like that?"

 

This guy was really starting to get on Jimin’s last nerve. “Gimme a break, I hit my head earlier during that earthquake, I don’t wanna listen to your whining."

 

"What eart

Please log in to read the full chapter