The past

The glory behind the darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: This fanfic was completely written thought by me. Any similarity to other story is pure coincidence. 

Please enjoy!

 

Yuhee wandered around with no specific location in her mind. It had been so long since she had last travelled alone that she found herself surprised by how calm and satisfying it actually was.

“Maybe I should’ve done this before, it was getting way too bothersome being part of that idiotic clan. Stupid Jaebum, if only it wasn’t my consideration for our long friendship I would’ve already ripped his head off of his body in a second. That boy woudn’t even see it coming!”-She exclaimed a bit too excited, not giving much thought of how much force she was applying the moment she punched a tree. The result? One less living tree in the world. Yuhee sighed apologetic, she actually felt more compasion towards trees than people and vampires in general. Oh the point she reached in her life.

She took her time to walk, enjoying the multiple different sounds that provided nature her special beauty. Jaebum always nagged her about killing people but what about his and the rest of the guys habit to kill animals? They were way better than people and still, they never heard her complain. Yuhee had learned long ago to ignore everything around her, surpess her feelings. This was the only way to not end up broken, and god, how broken she was already.

“Would visit Cleena be way too much? Ireland doesn’t take that much time to arrive.”-She murmured to herself, pondering if it was really the best choice. Cleena, probably the only real female friend she had, they had met centuries ago in happier days, where even though the two girls had already had a glimpse of how dark and cruel the world was, they still had their pillar of hope and happiness. Cleena fortunately still had hers, Yuhee was other completely story.-“Nah, gosh what would I tell her after fifty whole years? You look the same.”-Yuhee chuckled with her own bad joke, her dry humour was actually getting off hand.

A specific bird sound caught her attention, automatically making her stop mid-track. She smiled sadly, feeling the two of her legs stumble, almost causing her to drop on the ground.

“How many years has it been since I last heard this?”-She whispered to herself, recalling precisely how old she really was.-“I’m already 424 uh, time sure passed quickly, so probably 404 years since I last heard this sound. Who knew it had been this long.”-Yuhee looked up, recognising the familiar colours of the bird’s feathers.

‘404 years ago’

“Lady Yuhee, please stop running through the main house, your father already expressed his worries about you doing so!”-One of her maids alerted worried, fearing for her own life just in case her lady happened to hurt herself, even if it was only a scratch on her finger.

“Lady Yuhee please stop running! It’s dangerous to run around, you could hurt yourself!”-The other maid yelled, yet careful not to make much noise to the point where even Yuhee’s father would hear them.

Yuhee giggled light heartdly, loving the sensation of having the cold breeze hitting her pale face and running through her naturally black straight hair. However, the sweet and innocent giggle stopped when she felt all of her body hit something tall and muscular, or better said, someone, that consequently made her loose her balance and ending up falling on the ground.

The black haired girl hissed in pain, noticing that the outer part of her arm had started to bleed, a warm red streak of blood started to roll down her arm, some droplets hitting the floor. An hand appeared in her camp of vision, letting her know that in fact, the person she had bumped with was actually a male.

“Did you hurt yourself miss?”-The male asked worriedly, taking Yuhee’s hand in his, helping her getting up. She looked up, finally facing the male that so kindly had helped her, and if there was one thing that quickly caught her attention was his mesmerising yellow eyes.

Yuhee had never heard or met anyone with such strange colour of eyes. She wouldn’t say that she was surprised, after all there wasn’t much that could surprise a person while living in the same world as vampires. Part of her wondered if he was one because honestly, she doubted that any human could look as perfectly as him, adding too the coloured eyes. However, Yuhee quickly dismissed such idea. Knowing her father like she did, she was pretty sure he would never allow a vampire to enter in between their property limits, more now that the amount of vampire attacks close to the region had skyrocketed.

“Your eyes…”-Yuhee pointed out, making the male wide his eyes in surprise and quickly turn around.

How the hell had he committed such a newbie mistake? Letting a human see his coloured eyes, giving out his true identity? Where the did he have his mind? He took a deep breath, trying to ignore and diverge his attention from the delicious smell Yuhee’s blood provided before looking once again at the innocent looking girl, now with his normal Brown eyes.

“Uh my eyes? Forgive me miss, but I’m not quite catching what you’re trying to say?”-He smiled politely, removing his hand from hers, afraid that her blood could make any contact with him. Her blood was truly captivating, a sweet yet sinful smell, Damien had long ago last witnessed.

“How…They were yellow just now! But now…now they’re brown?”-She murmured to herself confused, not longer sure about what she had first seen. Maybe it was her impression? She surely was thinking way too much about vampires lately. Yuhee shook her head, brushing away any of her previous thoughts. Her imagination was running wild.-“No it’s okay, I momentarily thought I had seen something but it was only my impression. I apologise for that.”-She apologised, bowing deeply to show her respect towards the older person in front of her.

“Lady Yuhee! You’re hurt! Oh my god, what am I supposed to do!”-Sohee, one of her maids cried in panic, turning around to face Aera, the other maid.-“Call the imperial doctor! Quickly Aera!”-She exclaimed , rushing the girl with a push, only making Yuhee roll her eyes and sight. Was it really needed to make that much ruckus?

“Aera yah, please stop. I’m okay really! It’s just a scratch, after cleaned it will be like nothing happenned.”-She said, assuring her two maids that their life wouldn’t be ended just today.-“You two can relax, nothing will hapen to you. One more day to live!”-Yuhee joked, giggling at the end as she saw Sohee and Aera’s faces turn into a relaxed one.-“Other than that, please help mister…”-She glanced at the male, expecting to get to know his name.

“Sir Damien.”-He stated quietly, smiling weakly. Damien was too worried over maintaining his self control to be able to keep his flawless act and as much as he didn’t like to admit, each second that passed with Yuhee’s scratch still flowing blood, the little self control he was trying so hard to keep, was getting harder and harder.

“Yes. Please guide and help mister Damien with whatever he needs. I’ll be returning to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter