Chapter 5 - To her

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

The sky is dark in the late summer evening, temperature a bit cooler since the sun has already set a while ago. Somin runs down a street, hair wild and her shoes muddy. She pants heavily as she turns to her right, Somin runs towards a large house almost leaping to the door. Her knocks are hurried, the sound resonates in the house before the door is finally opened. Behind the door is a short and a slightly plump woman with a smug smile her lips also known as Jeon Young-hee.

 

“Water, water, I need water.” Somin gasps out of breath, passing her mother as she stumbles uncoordinatedly towards the cream coloured kitchen she has come very well acquainted to during the late hours of the night, doing something that anybody would do during that time in a kitchen. Somin turns on the tap, water has never tasted this good Somin thinks as she drinks the off the faucet, she already feels the dryness in die out. She moans in pleasure at the feeling of cold water trickling down . (Don’t dare think of .)

 

“Honey, next time, take your water bottle with you when you go exercising and stop drinking like a mule.” Her mother chastises her, slapping the back of her head. Somin almost chokes, she coughs for a few good minutes before laying down on the floor. Somin feels like her limbs are about to fall off, she sees now that she had taken a too big bite. Now she is home, just a little bit more and she can doze off in her soft blanket swarming bed. A good night sleep is what she needs and she is more than glad to use her dead weight limbs to get to her wanted destination.

 

“Come on now baby girl, let’s get you to bed.” Her mother helps her stand up, she walks Somin to her bed almost carrying her up the stairs. Young-hee helps Somin take off her shoes as Somin gets rid of her sweaty jacket. Somin immediately dives under the covers, she sighs at the comfortable feeling.

 

“Good night, sleep tight.” Young-hee wishes, she turns off the light switch next to the door and walks out, closing the door gently. Somin is already in deep sleep.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

“You know you don’t have to work out like that, you’re already in good shape.” Jiwoo says only to receive an unapproving look from her best friend.

 

“But I want to win for our class and last year I was sick when we had sports day. Now I’m not and in good shape.” Somin reasons salad dressing adorning the corner of . Jiwoo wipes it off with a napkin, a chicken nugget in her other hand.

 

Sports day, the day of classes competing against each other in four different sports. Soccer, a classic, basketball, 100-metre sprint and volleyball. Their high school holds the sports day, every year for three days. First day for freshman, the second is for juniors and the third is for seniors. It’s a hassle. Every class chooses a certain amount of students to compete, in each sport but, to keep it fair, boys and girls compete separately.

 

“You should have a break, how about we go and have girls’ day out tomorrow?” Jiwoo suggests and it’s true. Somin has worked out non-stop for the past month, the two of them haven’t had a girls’ day out for awhile, plus the fact that Jiwoo is now dating has limited their time to spend together.

 

“Yeah, sure.” A male voice suddenly speaks up behind them, startling the two girls. Taehyung and Matthew settle down on their table already munching on their lunches.

 

“Yah, you’re not invited, girls’ day out.” Jiwoo counters. She feels bad for cutting her time with Somin but, if she didn’t she wouldn’t have time to hang out with Tae. Besides that is what girls’ day outs are for, spending time together and making more spontaneous memories with just the two of them. Taehyung knows this, he figured it out one time when they were on a walk. They were talking about Somin and the problem that the other guys were to her and Jiwoo.

 

“Our class, the greatest class, aka class D, is going to kick your .” Taehyung gloats a smirk on his face, discreetly changing the subject. Sometimes that smirk just ticks Jiwoo off, like right now.

 

“Yeah you might beat the guys but, it won’t be easy to beat the girls.” Jiwoo replies, with an ominous smirk. Last year the girls in class A, which is Somin’s and Jiwoo’s class, lost to class D with one point only and now with Somin in the picture, it’s looking clear and victorious for class A.

 

“I have done a lot of work to do more than just kick your on sports day.” Somin encounters looking at the two boys in front of them, gaze unwavering.

 

“Then we’ll see if that work has payed off.” BM participates in the conversation. The conversation turns into a silent one, words conveyed with eyes. Eventually it turns into a staring contest with no clear objector. Jiwoo sniffs, she had totally forgotten her nuggets, now they are probably cold, although it doesn’t matter, they are good either way.

 

“This is stupid.” Jiwoo mumbles as she takes a bite of a nugget, not forgetting to dip it in mayo. Taehyung eyes the nuggets before opening his mouth wide open expectantly. Jiwoo looks up, her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

“What?”

 

“Nugget.”

 

“N O”

 

“Aaaaa-”

 

“Aish, fine.”

 

On the other side of the table there are two pairs of eyes that still haven’t let go of each other, not for the sake of a silly thing as a staring contest , well for…. Actually they don’t know themselves why.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

“Holy hell” Matthew curses out loud, his eyes are glued to Somin, or more specifically, to her neck. Somin’s hair is styled up on a high ponytail, her neck was glistening with a small amount of sweat. The sun shines brightly, making her neck glow a little like crystals. It was attractive. Many other guys are looking at her too, although more discreet than Matthew.

 

He had just finished the second sport of the day, volleyball had gone quite well, but just like the 100-metre sprint, their class had won all the other classes except Jiwoo’s and Somin’s… They tied, the girls are no joke. Like Jiwoo had said, they beat the guys quite easily , the girls were another thing. The girls in his and Taehyung’s class aren’t as good as class A’s, leading the girls to lose and overall them to tie.

 

“How has it gone with kicking our ? Hmm?” Somin laughs in mirth. BM looks at her bored before turning around ready to ‘leave’. She grabs onto his arm and turns him around to face her

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be mean.” Somin pouts, she looks up at him under her lashes. She knows what she is doing, she isn’t going to deny it. He knows what she is doing but still he breaks under the so called pressure.

 

“Yeah yeah, you two were right. Also it’s kinda sad that your class ties with us only because the girls don’t lose like the guys do.” BM mentions.

 

“Yeah maybe for the guys but not for us girls.”Somin smiles cheekily before Jiwoo comes up to them.

 

“Hey we have to go, basketball is next.” Jiwoo looks at BM before grinning wickedly and leaving the two without a word.

 

“See you around then.” Somin waves and jogs toward her class. Matthew’s gaze follows her until she is out of sight.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

It’s the last game of the day class B vs E. Over all if one of the classes wins this game their get second place(I don’t know if this even make sense). Class A and D tied for first place. Most of the students are inside doing nothing and the rest are watching the final match. The bleachers are full so some of the students are sitting on the stairs or the railings. Once in a year students have school spirit and that is today.

 

Jiwoo and Somin decided to stay and watch, the seats were full so Somin is sits on a railing with a now purple haired Jiwoo down next to her feet, sitting on a stair. They are supposed to meet up with Taehyung and BM. After the game they will go to have some celebratory pizza and then they will go to Jiwoo’s house to watch a movie, who could forget movie nights?

 

Crowded places like these, are not really Somin’s ideal places to be at but she can endure it without complaints. School spirit also known as: our class is better than your class is on a high level, students shouting supporting word’s to their own and booing at the others, a little push here, a little push there. A curly haired guy stumbles on Jiwoo’s legs making her hiss in surprise, simultaneously the guy bumps into Somin. Somin doesn’t have time to think or do anything but flail her arms as she falls backwards. She doesn’t know what happened, she was just sitting there trying to stay balanced and the next thing she is that she is now one metre lower. She isn’t in the ground, she knows how falling on the ground feels like and this is not it. Somin is held in strong arms, she was caught before she hit the ground. Her amber eyes look up at her saviour and to say she is surprised is an understatement.

 

Bobby smirks cockily at her, he looks right back at her. For some reason Somin thought it was someone else, someone she has gotten quite liking to. A loud groan breaks Somin out of her thoughts, she turns to look at the source of the voice and gasps in slight panic. A couple of meters away Matthew sits on the ground, he is holding the side of his head eyes closed tightly. Somin doesn’t think twice and clambers out of Bobby’s hold, she hurries to Matthew and kneels next to him. She feels panicked, she doesn’t know why he is in pain and what she has to.

 

“Are you okay? Wh- What happened?” Her instincts kick in and she pries his hands out of the way. There is a small wound and blood coming out of the side of his head. Alarms start ringing in her head but, she stays collected even though she hasn’t felt this kind of fear ever before. Somin places or hands on the sides of Matthew’s face and tilts his head up to face her. His dark brown eyes show no signs of pain, but something else she isn’t sure of what. Time has stopped around them, the air that surrounds them feels thicker, no one else is there but the two of them and warmth blooms in their chests. The next words the man before him mutters surprise her.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be the one to catch you.” His words sincere and eyes uneasy. He is beautiful in her eyes, it is the first time she has thought and felt like this toward him.

 

“It’s okay.” She whispers back, her amber eyes make another mark in his thoughts. All the pain he felt before is now all forgotten, her beauty numbs his insides in a pleasant way.

 

Somin’s eyes flick up to Matthew’s wound and remember the task at hand.

 

“Let’s get you to the nurse and clean that up.” And all too soon Somin is up on her feet and offering her hand to him. He complies and takes a hold of her hand, he lifts himself up and looks down at the blond beauty standing in front of him. So beautiful inside and out.

 

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

 

BM looks around trying to locate the two girls lost in the crowd of enthusiastic students. Taehyung went to get something from his locker, so now he is alone doing the mission impossible: Find two small girls from the swarm of students.

 

Golden like hair at the corner of his eye catches his attention. It’s Somin sitting on a railing. After walking closer he can also see the purple haired one. He notices the unsafe setting Somin is in and quickens up his pace.

 

Somin flails her arms and starts to fall backwards, his reflex is fast and he get’s ready catch the petite girl. Suddenly he is pushed to the side and he stumbles straight towards the bleacher on his left side. A pang of pain shoots up at the side of his head, he looks up and sees Somin in Bobby’s arms, good thing she didn’t fall. A groan escapes his lips, the pain too much to handle, he also feels a little fuzzy.


Small hands are up at the sides of his face and he meets, beautiful amber eyes, belonging to no other than to her.

 

๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔

Hellou Hidden Kards!!! Finally K.A.R.D has debuted and we have a fandom name!!!

I have been ruined by K.A.R.D and EXO, I think I need medical help. I'm surprised at the fact that I am still sane.

Also, it's really hard not to ship when the photo book for their debut album is divided into 4 sections: Individual, group, Bmin and J.Woo.

And secret kard really isn't helping.

But still I really don't ship them because their friendship and groups dynamic is so beautiful. 

It's 3 am. and I'm dead tired, good night.

-Eskay-