Chapter 10 - New Years Eve

Oh NaNa (A Bmin fanfiction)

“I still don’t get why we have to go to the party like you guys can go and Somin and I can just skip it like we always do,” Jiwoo suggests indifferently, not really keen on the plan her boyfriend has arranged for them. It’s common for high schoolers to party every now and then, -every week. Someone always has a house empty and a little too much money to spend on booze and liquor. This type of situation can often be seen especially when it’s Christmas time and one of the wealthy kids is left alone at home because their parents don’t make enough family time to spend on holidays.

Somin personally doesn’t like the kids who like to spend money like it grows on trees but that doesn’t mean that she hates them or is jealous of them. Somin knows better than that to judge people just because of their status or the image they show in public. Yeah, some people can be stupid and arrogant as hell but you never know what actually goes on in their personal lives or head for that matter.

“I am not letting my girlfriend graduate from high school without going to a party at least once. Especially since this is our final year and it’s New Years, so you have to come, you already agreed.” Taehyung says as a matter of fact. As the words leave her boyfriends mouth Jiwoo knows she can’t win this argument, but it won’t stop her from trying. Jiwoo tucks her upper lip slightly under her lower lip as she furrows her brows and there you have it, the perfect pout.

“But you were distracting me, it’s not fair.” Jiwoo takes her puppy facade into use as she mumbles the words, not moving her lips too much to boost the power of the character she is playing. Taehyung almost gives in, almost. The thoughts of giving in, flash into his eyes for a second before disappearing just as quickly as they appeared.

“No, nope. We are going and we are going to enjoy it.” The response has Jiwoo grumbling moodily. A cough has the couple’s attention turned back to their friends, who may, may not have been standing there next to them whole time the couple was deciding their holiday plans for the four of them.

“Don’t I have a say in what I will use my new years eve in?” Somin asks bewildered. She doesn’t mind going to a party, she just has to throw fuel to the fire.

“Everything is going to be fine. I and Tae have gone to parties many times, we’re experts in partying.” BM speaks up, his lips curl into a smug smirk before blood drains from his face at the cold expression he gets from his best friend’s girlfriend. And the stare or more like a glare he gets from a certain petite girl who has turned his world upside down, has Matthew questioning his choice of words for him to spur such a reaction from the girls.

“Somin. Let’s go.” The girls have a silent conversation with each other through their eyes, the silent words that are exchanged are for outsiders to figure out by themselves. Somin and Jiwoo turn around and leave the dumbstruck teenage boys wordlessly, as they start to head home.

“My mom is home tomorrow, she can probably take us there.”

“Cool.”

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

“How about this?” Somin asks as she picks up another piece of clothing with her already full hands. Jiwoo turns around with her own hands full of clothes and a few bags containing some of the other purchases they managed to do earlier. They are already eight shops into their shopping spree. Jiwoo and Somin had agreed to go shopping after the partying experts had gloated about going to so many parties in the past. Just because they didn’t want to go into some Christmas party held by Im Jin-ah does not mean that they don’t know how to party or that they are worried about partying.

The sole reason they are now shopping until their hands fall off is to show to the children how to really party. They aren’t exactly planning on getting drunk, there is no need to, but if it comes down to it they will be prepared.

“Oh my god. That. That one.” Jiwoo points at something behind Somin. Somin turns around and sees the best site she has seen today. Good thing they have already found the perfect outfit for Jiwoo because there is a mannequin wearing the perfect outfit for partying and showing off.

“Quick, let’s take these back and get that.” Somin ushers Jiwoo who is still looking at the mannequin in awe. Jiwoo starts to move along but stops almost immediately causing Somin to stumble into her.

“After, we’ll dye our hair right?” Jiwoo asks as she looks at her straight in the eye. Words of protest are on the tip of Somin’s tongue, but she bites them back at the look her friend is giving her. She sighs before nodding her head in an agreement, she can already hear her mother’s voice telling her off. Hopefully, her mother will approve the new hair color unlike her pink one. Besides she needed a new visit to the salon anyway, the pink has once again faded its strong color and root growth is not cute when it grows too long.

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

Somin sits on her cream colored double bed practically bubbling of excitement, music blares loudly from the speaker on her bed table with Jiwoo’s phone connected to it, playing the greatest girl group bops, old and new. She and Jiwoo decided to continue their girls’ night out as girls’ night in at Somin’s. Music in the background, new clothes and party outfits to try, homemade food in their bellies, what else could they possibly need?

“Is it good? Come on hot bun show me what you’ve got.” Somin calls loudly, her patience to see her best friend looking like a million dollars (which she already does in her opinion), grows thinner and thinner every passing second.

“Are you ready to see the new and always gorgeous Jeon Jiwoo, in the finest silks you’ll never afford?” Jiwoo hollers loudly as she opens the door of Somin’s walk-in closet, which has now turned into their changing room. She takes three long strides into the room before doing Victoria’s Secret end of the runway poses and like putting the icing on a cake she does a few dance moves into the beat of the song currently being played as it tunes out. Somin’s hoots of encouragement and laughter ring loud in the teenager’s room all throughout it.

“That is more than enough to make heads turn.” Somin chimes, she eyes her best friend up and down. Jiwoo is wearing an emerald green sparkly zip up strapped crop top and black shorts with elastic bands fastened at the hem, hug her waist and thighs just right. The chunky-heel ankle boots adorning her small feet tie the whole outfit together, the end product screaming iness.

“It’s your turn now sugar.” Jiwoo pushes Somin into the closet, bags of clothing join Somin into the made-up changing room. She can hear Jiwoo jamming to some English pop-song none of them know the words to well enough to articulate the actual words.

Somin picks up a short-sleeved black chiffon crop top with black flowers embroidered all over the fabric. “Oh yes.” she muses as she begins to change into her new party outfit.

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

“Do you think they’re coming?” Matthew yells over the loud booming music. He and Taehyung are currently standing next to the table where the snacks are served, people are constantly grabbing something to eat as alcohol runs through their veins, some girls have even dared to feel his biceps and apologise before whispering ‘was looking for a piece of hot meat’, fake lashes winking as an attempt to flirt before leaving, expecting him to follow to no avail.

“Don’t know, I still haven’t got a hold of Jiwoo,” Taehyung replies just as loudly to get the message to the other end of the receiver. “I even went to her house but she wasn’t home.” he continues as he takes a sip of beer.

“She sure looks hot tonight.” A guy not too far from them says to someone. Matthew doesn't pay that much attention to the conversation going on until the other guy speaks up.

“Yeah, and did you see Jiwoo? Too bad if that zipper of hers opened up accidentally.” The other one smirks. Taehyung too hears the obscene words about his girlfriend, pouring out from the jackass’s mouth.

“Hey watch it, her boyfriend is right there.” The two guys turn to look at their direction, only to realize their conversation was heard loud and clear by the looks of it. Taehyung looking downright pissed before he chuckles unhumorously and taking a threatening step forward. The guys immediately scatter away at the prospect of ending up with a bloody nose by the end of the night.

Confusion spreads all over BM’s face as he takes in the meaning of the previously exchanged words. “The girls are h-.” his words die down at the star-struck look that has now taken over his best friend’s face as he looks into somewhere in the crowd. Matthew follows his gaze, his throat runs dry at the sight that greets him from the other end of the room.

It’s dark in the room but there is enough light to see black thick hair portraying a certain slim face and the oh so sinful short black ’n gold shorts that hug her hips and smooth thighs. His fingertips itch to graze them once again, although in a different setting than the last time they did.

Somin and Jiwoo are dancing with a group of girls to the upbeat song that booms loudly from the speakers in the four corners of the room. Downing some alcohol, Taehyung makes his way towards his girlfriend, determination wafts in waves as he walks through the crowd in between them, having the time of their high school lives.

Somin continues to feel the many eyes burn holes into her skin that still haven’t toned down since she got inside, but Somin ignores them to the best of her abilities. She and Jiwoo walked through the door about half an hour ago, with some of their other friends. As they walked down one of the many streets in Seoul, they came across some girls they share classes with and decided to tag along with them.

She and Jiwoo have had a good time at the party so far, the music is loud, the lights are dim excluding the few colored lights dotted around the room.

Somin has never drunk more than one or two bottles of cider in one sitting, she never had a chance to drink until the lights in her head went out. Only having drunk with Jiwoo when one of their parents weren’t home or they were on one of their spontaneous surprise trips. Going to a club or a party haven’t been an option, she already gets all the heads of the students in her school turning, just imagining a room full of people with the same reaction but intoxication mixed in, you won’t probably see her ever again because an intoxicated psycho has kidnapped her, or the view of her short frame will just be blocked by the towering heights of almost basically anyone who surrounds her. Somin’s height is average and she isn’t actually considered short compared to the other girls her age but being in a group that consists of her best friend who is practically the same height as she is and two guys who are quite tall just makes her feel short.

But they had to come out of the cocoon of safety and common sense sometime, tonight is that time. Also, the want to show the boys how to really party, even though they are s in that apartment, outweighed all sense in their minds.

Somin almost snaps her neck when she notices someone or someones walking their direction, she hits Jiwoo in the ribs who in return turns to look at her, her eyebrows knit together.

“twelve o’clock.” Somin murmurs to her biting her lips nervously.

“What are you talking about it’s like eleven o’clock.” Jiwoo gasps, as the words leave her lips and a familiar warm hand winds around her waist. She comes face to face with her boyfriend who she hasn’t seen in the past twenty-four hours. Her second reaction has some people doing a double take, Jiwoo hits Taehyung in the ribs with her fist, he groans and let’s go, clutching on to his side. Jiwoo lifts her eyebrows up and her hands on her hips.

Somin ignores the scene her best friends are making and pays attention to the male in front of her. A bright charming smile curls her insides and the butterflies start to swarm once again, keep it cool.

“I already thought you weren’t coming.” BM chuckles amused, his brown orbs as deep as always, the music changes into a slower one, making it easier to hear. Somin bites her lower lip to prevent the smile on her lips from growing too wide. She hasn’t had that much to drink but Somin can still feel the effects of the small amount she has consumed. The high she has gotten from adrenalin plays its part too in her current state.

“Well, you thought wrong,” Somin replies mirthful, her efforts to stop her wide smile breaking free left aside, too unconcerned in her current state to care about such things. A familiar silhouette catches Somin’s attention. Through the dancing crowd, she catches glimpses of a person she hasn’t had to deal with in a long time and hopefully it will continue as it is.

The brief shift of mood doesn’t go past the person standing in front of her, Matthew steps into Somin’s line of vision, blocking her from seeing that something that seemed to bother her.

“Ay, your hair is black, looks good on you.” Matthew voices out, the same exact words he said last time she dyed her hair, as he gestures at her now black hair. Somin appreciates the compliment, she wasn’t sure about dying her hair black in the first place but she decided to go with it anyways. It was either brown or black and Jiwoo did not approve the color brown because it wouldn’t be different enough from her normally brown hair color.

“Thanks.” Somin smiles bashfully, out of habit she lifts her hand up and grabs a hold of a lock of hair. Suddenly Matthew steps closer to Somin, the gap that was between them now nonexistent. The hot breath blowing into her ear has her heart beating out of her chest and Somin once again forgets how to breathe.

“Want to get out of here and have some fun?” BM questions as he moves back a little to look at her in the eyes. Not to seem too pliant, Somin narrows her eyes and acts as if she was considering the proposal, even though the answer is clear in her head.

“But I’m having fun here and there’s free alcohol.” Somin drawls, she pouts her lips ever so slightly feeling quite endearing at the moment. BM moves closer again, a low chuckle leaves his lips, Somin wonders how hasn’t she passed out yet from all the blood flowing through her body crazily.

“Free alcohol you can take with you, without anyone caring. Plus we’ll have some more fun than you are having right now.” The tall male finally steps fully away, returning the personal space they had earlier.

“Well, who could say no to that then.”

Matthew leads Somin through the crowd to where most of the drinks are served at, they take a few bottles of beer as well as half a bottle of liquor left on the side next to the punch bowl. Before they leave Somin takes some unused cups and fills them up with snacks. Hands full the two leave without any disturbances out into the cool night air, luckily the past few days have been on the plus side so there is no snow in their area.

“Aren’t you supposed to go home kid?” Somin asks playfully, they are currently walking aimlessly from one street to another.

“One, you aren’t old enough to call me a kid and two, Tae’s parents aren’t home so I’m sleeping over at his house,” Matthew replies, with chips in his mouth.

“Mine are on a business trip, well dad is but mom went with him, though I convinced them to do so,” Somin states smiling cheekily, her eyes formed into crescents, she feels proud of her abilities. Somin doesn’t get a reply back and turns to look at the basketball player.

His eyebrows are scrunched up in deep thought as he looks at nothing in particular.

“What’s wrong?” Somin nudges at the taller’s shoulder.

“Nothing but ah, can I crash at your place?” BM asks nervously, the words stun Somin to a halt, thoughts running through her head. “I- I don’t actually have the keys to his place and I have a feeling the power couple might do something,” Matthew adds hastily.

“Sure, it’s fine.” It’s Matthews turn to be stunned now, he can’t believe that he just asked his crush if he could sleep over, even though his reasons aren’t watertight, like at all.

Stay calm, don’t act like it means something more.

“Thanks, but now, let’s go have some fun.” BM nudges at Somin’s shoulder, the smirk that sports on his lips has Somin feeling woozy.

  ๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔๔ 

Merry late Christmas and a happy late new year!!!!