Chapter Eight

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo breathed out nervously as she waited for Sehun and her turn to showcase their performance to Ms.Jung.

It is their half-sem performance evaluation, something to let the teacher see how each team is progressing.

Jisoo nervously rubbed her cold, clammy hands together, trying to get some warmth back in them.

Suddenly, she felt something warm being pushed into her hands.

"Ji, don't be nervous!"Jennie reassured her."You're gonna be fine!"

"Easy for you to say."Jisoo muttered."You have gone through it already and aced it."

Jennie laughed at Jisoo's dismayed face. "Stop looking as if you are about to walk into your death. It's not that bad. Ms.Jung is gonna give you some feedback, that's all. Save the drama for the real performance."

Jisoo glared in Jennie's direction and muttered"Way to calm me down, Jen."

Jennie chuckled as the door of the studio opened and Ms.Jung called for Jisoo and Sehun.

"Fighting!"Jennie whispered as Sehun came over to help Jisoo into the room.

Sehun did not fail to notice that Jisoo's hand was grasping his forearm tightly.

"You may begin anytime you are ready."Ms.Jung said.

"Don't worry. Just trust me."Sehun whispered as he and Jisoo took their places.

Jisoo nodded and smiled faintly as Sehun signaled to start the music.

They were halfway through the routine when Jisoo suddenly stumbled a bit.

Jisoo bit her bottom lip at her mistake.

"Just brush it off."Sehun muttered as he turned her."It's okay."

Jisoo calmed herself and continued dancing.

After their performance, Jisoo and Sehun stood in front of Ms.Jung, waiting for their verdict.

".."Ms.Jung regarded the pair standing in front of her silently before saying."Jisoo and Sehun..Your performace was quite good albeit some little mistakes in the middle. Those mistakes can be fixed, no doubt, with a little more practice. It was very good overall. You guys should be proud of yourselves."

Sehun glanced to his side to see that Jisoo's lips had curved into a wide grin and her eyes had turned into moonshaped crescents after hearing Ms.Jung's.

Unconsciously, his lips tugged upwards too.

"You will receive a more detailed feeback from me soon."Ms.Jung continued saying."Continue to work hard and I look forward to seeing your performace in two weeks time. You may go."

"Sehun."

Sehun stopped in his tracks as he heard Jisoo calling him.

"Do you wanna go for a drink?"Jisoo asked.

They were originally going to practice after the evaluation but Jisoo wanted to thank him for all he has done.

".."Sehun was silent.

"Don't get me wrong."Jisoo continued hurriedly as Sehun failed to answer her."I just want to treat you as a way of saying thanks. Strictly professional, no other purpose."

Is it just his imagination or did disappointment crept into his heart after hearing those words.

"You don't need to do that."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter