playing cupid

unacquainted love

“What in the world are you doing, Yewon?” Yuju asked her friend who’s currently so indulged into her phone and laptop. 

 

“Shh.. I’m trying to break my phone” the younger girl replied, eyes still focused on her phone.

 

“Weirdo. What for? You want Sowon unnie to buy you a new one?” Yuju chuckled because she knows Sowon would definitely do that.

 

Yewon sighs. Not in anger or frustration, but more like ‘I don’t have time to talk right now but I don’t mind because it’s Yuju unnie’. “I have a plan and it involves you, are you in?”

 

“You haven’t even told me what it is?’’ Yuju questioned, eyebrows furrowing. 

 

“It’s about Yerin unnie, I think we all know she has a crush on that girl from my class, Sinb” Yewon started to explain. As she did, Yuju’s expression changed immediately. 

 

“Sinb is really good with tech stuff. So the plan is, I’m going to break my phone, give it to Yerin unnie and make her figure out how to fix it” Yewon continued.

 

“Yerin unnie… is the worst person to ask about that stuff… wait…” Yuju said, puzzled at first.

 

But then Yuju started to connect the dots inside her head, a big toothy smile began to form on her face. She likes where this is going.

 

“And that’s where you come in unnie! She’s most likely going to text you because one, Sowon unnie won’t bother to help her and two, Eunha unnie is as clueless as she is!” 

 

“What if she doesn’t text me?” Yuju asked. 

 

“Don’t worry, I’ve got Sowon unnie and Eunha unnie on this too. You wanna know the best part?” 

 

“What?”

 

“They live four doors away from each other” Yewon started to giggle mischievously. She felt like a cupid with heart arrows, ready to shoot when the target is right in front of them. Yuju couldn’t help but smile wider, not only because of the plan that Yewon had in mind, but also because Yewon looked so cute.

 

“I’m in. That is crazy.” Yuju obliged. She can’t believe that they actually only live four doors away from each other.

 

For a few months now, Yerin would always want to hangout in the cafeteria even though she didn’t like the food there that much. It got to a point where she would rather stay there alone even if all of them wanted to have something outside of campus. Of course, none of them are that mean to do that to her so they just compromised and told Yerin they’ll order takeout and eat in the area instead of eating at the place. 

 

All four of them caught on to Yerin’s crush pretty quickly. It wasn’t hard to guess anyway since any time they were in the cafeteria Yerin’s cheeks would get flushed red, it didn’t help that she’s a little pale too. 

 

Yewon had mentioned to everyone except her Yerin unnie that Sinb’s actually one of her classmates in her calculus class and had even hung out with her before for a few study sessions. Maybe that was mean of her to do, but she just wanted to see how much Yerin actually likes Sinb. Like was it just a simple crush? Because she noticed that Sinb, too, was head over heels for her Yerin unnie. When she realised what was going on, it was such a moment that she almost fell off her chair, Yuju only laughed at her when that almost happened.

 

“Aaaaaand… it’s done! I can’t believe this is working, it was just a simple google search? What?” Yewon said a bit pridefully. “Now I just need to give this to Yerin unnie”

 

Yewon got up from her desk and puts on her coat, the walk from her dorm to Yerin’s wasn’t far but she knows Yuju would kill her for going out without one because of the weather.

 

“Okay, I’ll be right back. She might text you as soon as I leave but don’t reply yet! I’ll tell you what to say, got it? Okay. Aaah this is actually so exciting!!!” Yewon almost rapped her words but Yuju caught every sentence and only nodded, a little confused. 

 

And before you know it, she’s out the door. Yuju sighed and shook her head with a smile still present on her face and got back to her book.