CHAPTER 6

Rose Garden

Amber’s POV

 

“WHAT??????” Henry said out loud.

“I know it’s crazy!!!” I ruffled my own hair.

“So are you just saying Soojung will get married with Minho?? That Minho???” Henry still shocked.

We all gathered in my office..what I meant from ‘we’ are Henry, Key, Jackson, and me. I just told them about my first meeting with Soojung that ended up not really…good. I also told them about her engagement with a guy named Minho who I punched to death. I hope he died. But anyway, only Henry who knew who Mino is, he knew about the incident because I told him the story. We still communicated each other after we broke up.

“Who’s Minho again?? Do we know him?” Jackson asked confusedly.

“He’s a psychotic jerk who tried to Soojung in highschool. We went to the same school. And he expelled from our school after that incident” I explained shortly.

“Wait a minute…So, Soojung is getting married with her ??” Key confirmed.

“Basically, yes” I answered.

“Whoaa man…No offense but, did Soojung on crack or what??” Jackson asked.

“I don’t know…but I know she has her own reason. And whatever is that, her reason is wrong” I said.

“So what are you gonna do now?” Henry asked.

“I just…I just don’t want her to fall into the miserable life. And I know deep inside our heart, we still love each other. I’m pretty sure about that” I said.

“Then you need to set up the plan. What’s your plan??” Jackson said lighly.

“Uhmmm…I don’t have one” I scratched my back.

“Gosh, this idiot! How are you going to get her back if you come up with no plan??” Jackson hit my head.

“Heyyy don’t hit me!!! I never do this before…so I don’t know….” I said to him.

“My advice is…if you want to beat your enemy, you need to know them better than themselves. What they are doing, where they are, who their friend are…” Key said to me.

“Oh and you said Minho’s parents are businessman, right? Maybe his parents passed their throne to him now” Henry continued.

“Right!!! I need to check his background first!!!!! Thanks guys!!!” I hugged them tightly.

I immediately call someone who can help me to do it. Key is right! If he didn’t mention that, maybe I’ll completely forget that. I have to know what he’s doing recently, what’s his job, his family, his recent activity. I have to dig that information first. I shove my phone out of my pocket and call the number on my contact list.

“Hello” The deep voice across there speak.

“Dad, hi how are you?” I greeted him.

I decide to call him since my dad is a well-known businessman in USA. He might know about him. I assumed Minho lived in America because he’s engaged with Soojung. And probably he is a businessman too.

“Busy, but great” he answered.

“What’s wrong, kid? Your company good? You need help?” He continued asking me.

“No, no…I mean yes, I need your help. But not about my company. My company running really well. It’s just about something….personal” I bit my lip, trying to figure out how to deliver my purpose.

“And what is that?? Did you do something terrible??” My dad asked suspiciously. I can imagine he said that while he frowned his forehead.

“No, Dad. I just hope you can help me dig some information about this guy named Minho. Choi Minho. I think he’s a businessman too here in US. Do you think you can do that for me?” I finally asked him.

“Choi Minho?? That young businessman Choi Minho??” He asked back.

“So, you know him. I wish we talking about same Choi Minho” I said to him.

“Well, why do you want me to find information about him? You said it’s something personal, right? Not about business.” Dad asked again.

Damn! I was giving wrong statement to my Dad. I should’ve said it’s for business reason. Now I have to tell him I need his background info because he’s getting married with my woman. And I’m sure my Dad would troll me.

“Uhh….you know….I just got the information that he’s going to marry my ex-girlfriend” I bit my lip.

“What??? You mean our Soojung?? So, that Choi Minho now in relationship with Soojung??” He raised his voice, shocked.

My parents already in love with Soojung and hope she’ll be their daughter in law. When I told them I broke up with Soojung, they really mad at me and didn’t talk to me for months. So, I know my Dad is on my side now, he’ll support me.

“Yes, Dad” I answered shortly.

“Ohohooo…I smell something fishy here…are you going to kick him out of Soojung’s life??” Dad asked me.

“Uhmmmmm…..” I can’t answer him.

“I thought so…I know you can’t let her go just like that. I’m with you, kid. Don’t worry, I’ll find his background as soon as I can” He supported me.

“T…th…thanks Dad” I blushed. It’s really embarrassing when you talk something like that with your parents.

“No problem. Now I need to get back work. Bye, kid” He said and hung up.

I really lucky to have this supportive parents. It’s such a blessing when they take you as yourself no matter what. They are being so supportive since I brought Soojung to them and as I expected they gave their blessing easily in their first meeting with Soojung. Even Dad whispered me on my ear ‘good catch’ when we had dinner. So I can’t let my parents down too. They liked Soojung too much. Soojung treated my parents really well, she treated them like her own parents. So, at least as their daughter, I want to represent their dream daughter in law.

Just wait and see, Soojung. I’ll prove you that we still belong to eachother.

 

Soojung’s POV

 

After a chaotic mess period in the end of the week, today is my first day go back to work. I miss Victoria and Luna. But after that incident with Amber, I don’t have any motivation to get out from my bed. But if I don’t go to the office, my boss will kill me this time.

As soon as I arrived at the office, Vic and Luna were shocked. They didn’t expect me to come to the office. They didn’t know that I arrived in New York couple times ago. We all rant at each other like a monkey sister. And of course they noticed the diamond ring on my finger, so told them what happened in London. I told them the whole thing about Minho include that incident in highschool, when Minho was a total jerk. They all mad when they discovered that but they try to understand my position.

I also told them about what happened with Amber. And of course they are on Amber’s side. I think Amber has a special spell that makes all girls love her. And I’m one of those girls. Damn Amber! I totally fall in your trap!

“Honestly, Soojung if I were Amber, I’d kill him right on the spot. No offense.” Luna clenched her fists.

“Yeah, me too” Vic agreed.

“But I mean…I’m wondering why did she got mad?? She didn’t need to, right? We’re in a different path now..” I said to them.

“Well, you are the one who walk in a different path, Soojung. Because one thing I know, Amber is not going anywhere” Vic said.

“What do you mean??” I asked confusedly.

“After you moved away to London, she was really lost. She kept come to our office and begged to us to give any information of you. But as you know, we also didn’t know anything. And up until now, she don’t involve with another relationship or woman, Soojung.” Luna explained.

“She still waiting for you” Vic continued.

“Then why she kissed another girl? And that’s not just it. She always came home late. I caught lipstick and perfume stain on her shirt. I found her sneaking around only to chatting with that woman. Why’d she do that???” I asked.

“Maybe it’s just misunderstood” Luna answered.

“I wish it was, Luna. But it was too suspicious” I said helpless.

“Maybe all you both can do is talk, Soojung. And if there is an end for you both, you need a closure.” Vic said.

“I can’t Vic. I’m weak in front of her. I’m afraid I’ll trap into her charm again. I’m scared I’ll throw myself to her again” I said to Vic.

“So what?? You love her, Soojung. You can’t deny it. And if you end up be in her arms again, what’s wrong with that??” Vic said frustatingly.

“And how do I know she’ll not hurt me again?? How do I know she’ll love me as much as I love her?? Because if she’s not, I won’t survive this time. I don’t want to go through that torturing hell again.” I said with teary eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry Soojung. It must be hard for you. It’ll get better, I promise” Vic hugged me.

“Why loving someone have to be this painful??” I mumbled.

*BUZZZ BUZZZZ*

My phone buzzing inside my pants. I shove it out and look at the screen. It’s my client.

“Guys I have to go. See you later” I walked out from the pantry.

 

*******

Third person POV

Luna thinks for awhile before she shove out her phone from the pocket. She can’t sit and watch all this happen to her bestfriend. She needs to do something for her.

“Luna, let’s go…” Victoria said to her.

“Screw it!! I’m gonna call her” Luna pressed the buttons on her phone.

“What??” Victroria tried to catch what Luna just said.

Luna put her phone on her ear, waiting the line connect with someone across there.

“Hello” The person across there hang up.

“Heyy. Uhm do you have free time this evening?? Let’s have a dinner. I have something to say with you” Luna said.

“Yeah, I guess I can. What is all about, Luna?” That person asked back.

“You’ll know when you get there. Let’s meet on Wangjog restaurant on 7 pm. Please don’t be late” Luna said and hang up.

“Do you have a date??” Victoria covered .

“Yes. But not for me. It’s for them” Luna smirked satisfy.

 

 

*******

 

Amber’s POV

 

I walk inside to this fancy traditional Korean restaurant. When the waitress greet me ‘annyeonghaseyo’ I remember my youth life in Korea. It’s been a long time since I tasted Korean dish. Usually Soojung would cook some easy Korean street food like tteokbokki, ramyeon, or japchae. But since she moved away, I never really taste Korean cuisine again.

“Good evening, Sir. For how many guest, Sir?” The waitress asked me. I don’t correct her to call me Sir. I just too lazy to explain that, so I just ignore it.

“For two, I guess. Does Ms. Luna arrive yet?” I asked her.

“Oh so you Ms. Luna’s guest. Ms. Luna have booked the table earlier. You can sit on the reserved table. This way, Sir” The waitress give a sign for me to follow her.

Then she show the reserved table under Luna’s name. Like typical fancy traditional Korean restaurant, the table is just not the regular table like the modern restaurant. There are several dine room that divided by wooden and paper door like traditional Korean door. So it’s more private and quiet. Usually people who come to this restaurant want their meeting keep secure. But I’m wondering why Luna chose this place. I mean we don’t have anything to discuss secretly.

I sit on the chair silently. The waitress come again to serve the dishes that Luna already ordered. I look at my watch. She’s late 15 minutes. I decide to call her but she didn’t pick it up. Maybe she’s on her way to here. Couple minutes later, I see the waitress someone behind her. I think it’s Luna. The waitress invite her in and then close the door. And she walk inside the dine room, I just about to greet her when I realized it’s not Luna.

“Soojung???” I have sudden heart attack.

“Amber?? What are you doing here??” She called my name too.

“I’m waiting for Luna. Is she with you??” I asked her.

“No, I…..oh my God. She set me up” Soojung scratched her head.

“What?” I said.

“Luna planned this so we can meet here. She said she have a client but she couldn’t meet her, so she asked for help to back her up. But you are not her client, are you?? Ugh I can’t believe that short legged creature!” Soojung said frustatedly.

No wonder why Luna chose this place. She wanted us to have a talk in a comfortable place. I must admit that is pretty thoughtful.

“Okay since we both here, why don’t we sit and talk?” I offered her.

“I gotta go, Amber. Sorry” Soojung turned her body, about to leave the room.

“Wait..but how about this dishes they served?? Look at those delicious meat. That is too bad if we waste it just like that” I purposingly give a pressure tone when I said ‘meat’.

I always knew her weakness is food. No matter how mad she is, she can’t ignore food. And duhh…I mentioned ‘meat’. I bet she can’t refuse it. And in third count, she’ll turn her body…3…2….1...here we go

“Meat??” She said while she turned her body.

“Yes. I heard they served best galbi in US” I made up the statement. It’s my first time to visit this restaurant, so I don’t know anything.

“Ehm. Okay then. We better eat and leave” Soojung sit on her chair.

See?? It always work.

I let her enjoy her dinner first before I jump to the ‘talk’. When half of all dishes are eaten, I open the conversation.

“Soojung, why did you choose him?” I directly asked.

“Because he was there when I was broken” She quickly answered.

“Okay here is the thing, Soojung. I didn’t cheat on you. It was misunderstanding. Ellin kissed me first. I didn’t want it, Soojung. I swear, please trust me” I pleaded.

“How do I know you didn’t lie, Amber??” She asked, looking straight into my eyes.

“You can see I’m still single. I didn’t have any feelings for anyone but you, Soojung. That’s what I can prove to you. I didn’t lie to you.” I said surely.

“Whether you lied or not, I was hurted, Amber. And how do I know you’re not gonna hurt me anymore??” She asked softly.

“I won’t, Soojung.” I said helpless.

“See?? Even you can’t answer that. Amber, we’re done. I’m getting married now in couple months. There’s no way back” She stood up from her chair, ready to leave.

“What???? No, Soojung please don’t marry him!!!” I also stood up and grabbed her arm.

“Why can’t I, Amber????? Why??” She shouted back.

“I told you, I didn’t cheat on you. Not in the past, now, or forever. Are you going to end our relationship for a thing that didn’t really happened?? I bet God is laughing hard now, seeing us tear apart because of un-exist matter” I tried to convince her.

“I….I…don’t know Amber” She stuttered.

“I mean..if I did cheat on you and you left me, then it’s fair. But I did not, Soojung. Do you think I deserved this???” I asked again.

Soojung doesn’t say anything. She just look at me in the eyes with questioning stare.

“Just think about it, Soojung.” I said while let my grip on her arm.

Then I left her there stoned at her place. I think I managed to make her decision a bit shaky. I mean…Am I right?? That is ridiculous if we really broke up because of that! And she’ll be marrying that bastard in near times, I can’t let that happen! I need to do something before that happen.

Think, Amber. Think!!!

Wait…If I can ask Ellin to explain whole thing to Soojung, everything would be fine again. Right…I need to meet Ellin as soon as possible before Soojung finally being someone’s wife….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorrrrry for the short updates. It gotta be a longer chap but these all works are chasin me urrggghhhh.

This is only the bridge for the next chapter. I'll post as soon as I can >.<

 

Hope you enjoy it :)