CHAPTER 7

Rose Garden

Soojung’s POV

 

“You little !” I hissed to Luna. The next day at the office, first thing I do is approach Luna at her desk. She succeed to set me up with Amber last night.

“OMG! Soojung!” She immediately kneel down and put her hands up on the air as punishment gesture.

“Why did you do that??!!!” I asked her.

“I can’t help it!! Please forgive me!!!!!” Luna pleaded with her puppy eyes.

“No, your puppy eyes not gonna work!” I glared at her.

“…….’ Luna whined and still put that puppy eyes.

“Ugghhh fine!! But next time you do this, you’ll be done!” I said at her.

“Thank you, your highness” She got up and pulled me down to the empty chair beside her. And she throw her to her chair.

“Now tell me, how was yesterday??” Luna asked. Her eyes twinkled.

“Nothing” I coldly answer.

“What do you mean nothing?? I’m sure Amber wouldn’t let you go after you arrived” Luna said.

“We just had diner silently and had a small talks” I answered.

“You sure??” Luna squinted her eyes.

“Yes, of course I am. What do you mean by that?” I frowned.

“I mean…did Amber say something that makes you…confused now??” She asked again carefully.

“……No” I hesitately answered.

Honestly, I’m a bit doubt with my decision. What if she’s right?? What if we broke up because of this misunderstanding?? What if she didn’t lie?? What if I make this stupid decision only because I don’t trust her? All those questions keep spinning around in my head. I can do some recheck if I want, to make sure that Amber had a fling with Ellin or not. But I’m scared to find out the truth. To find out that she really had something with Ellin. It just like get stab with a knife twice…right on the unrecover scar.

“Soojung??” Luna flicked her fingers in front of my face.

“Hmm?” I woke up from my thoughts.

“Are you just daydreaming?” Luna frowned.

“No…” I shook my head. Luna took my hands and held it tightly.

“Look…I just want you to be happy, Soojung. You said Minho hurted you when you were young. I don’t want it happen again to you in the future” Luna said softly.

“I get it, Luna. You worried about me. I know he made a stupid action at me back then. But let it be a past. He’s a better person right now. He treats me really well. So please, don’t look at him only as a ‘’ or ‘criminal’. Because he deserves more than that.” I told her sincerely.

“Okay if it’s what you want. One more thing, Soojung. Are you happy with him??” Luna asked seriously.

No, I’m not…The person I can be happy with is only her. Only Amber.

I mentally said.

“Yes” But instead of speak the truth what’s in my heart, I just answered carelessly.

*BUZZ BUZZZZ*

My phone vibrate in my bag. I dig my bag to take the phone out. I look at the screen to see who the caller is. It’s Minho.

“Hello?” I said once I picked it up.

“Hey, babe. Let’s have lunch together this afternoon. I miss you. And we need to discuss our wedding plan, remember??” He said.

“Oh…I guess I have free time this afternoon” I said.

“Great. I’ll pick you up at the office at lunch break” He said happily.

“See you” I hung the phone without give him chance to say goodbye.

“Puppy I need to work. See you around” I sighed tiredly and walked to my desk. Luna only nodded and looked at me with sad eyes.

 

 

*********

 

“How is it??? What do you think?? It’s a good idea, right?” Minho asked enthusiastically

“Uh huh” I just looked down to my coffee cup and stirred it slowly.

Minho and I have lunch together now. And he don’t stop babbling about the wedding things. To be honest, I don’t give a . Even if we held a wedding party at the cemetery, I don’t care at all. This wedding talk is not exciting for me. I always had a dream since I was a little girl about the perfect wedding party. I even prepared for the wedding dress design and the wedding cake. But now, not even a single string in my heart leap in joy.

“Soojung, are you listening to me?” Minho asked.

“Uh huh” I still didn’t move.

“Baby…are you okay? Do you want to discuss it later??” Minho my hair gently.

“No, just keep going” I said, still stirring the coffee.

“But you didn’t look like you want to keep this going. Tell me what’s going on? Is it because of work?” He pushed me to tell what’s in my mind.

“Yes, it’s about work” I lied.

I really not on the mood to talk about anything right now. My head is full of thought about Amber. Her words yesterday definetly stabbed my heart. She succeed put me in doubtful situation. I really want to make sure that my decision to marry another person is right. But...something hold me. And I’m sure it’s because of my fear towards the ugly truth I need to face.

“It seemed like your work really absorb your attention. My suggestion is, you have to handle that immediately. Because if you postpone that, you really can’t think of anything” He suggested.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah, trust me. I’ve experienced that so many timed. I couldn’t sleep for weeks or do anything properly. Finish your job first, we can talk about this wedding stuff later” He comforted me.

Finish it?? I bit my lip, thinking hard. Should I go to make sure by myself or should I put that behind and move forward?? But I know I can’t! I need to figure it out now before I regret it all.

“You’re right. I’m sorry I have to go now. I promise I’ll make up to you later” I got up and grabbed my bag.

“It’s okay. Let me take you back to the office” He also got up from his seat.

“No!! I mean..it’s okay, I can go by myself” I smiled and quickly go from there before he really take me back to my office. Because it’s not the place I want to go now.

I stopped the nearest taxi and tell the driver where to go. During the ride, I keep convincing myself that it’s a right thing to do. I feel doubt with my decision marrying Minho because Amber’s statement. And now I have to get the answer.

The taxi stop in front of the huge fancy building I used to visit. The place where that incident happened. The place where I saw the worst truth ever. Amber’s old office also Ellin label agency. I’m finally here…to meet Ellin. I want to clarify something with her.

I walk in to the gate to the building. There is café inside it, on the ground floor. The café located in the corner of the building, surrounding by the clear glasses as its walls. So everyone could see into the café. And I capture two people I recognized from afar.

Impossible!!

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

I ripped off the sheets on my hands into pieces. This morning, I got all the documents from my dad about Minho’s background. He sent me everything, his business track record, his biography, until his work schedule. But I can’t find anything suspicious.

I don’t know why I can sense something weird about this guy. Maybe I’m too scare to loose Soojung, or maybe my intuition is right. Now I have to find another way to pry off Minho’s malignancy. But now, I need to delay Soojung’s wedding until I was able to unpack Minho's true identity.

I drive myself to my former office where I can find Ellin. Now Ellin is the shortest way for me to postpone Soojung’s wedding. If I can convince her to meet Soojung and explain what happened back then where the understanding matter began, I’m sure Soojung will understand. I know I tried it before and Ellin refused me, but I can’t give up. I hope she’s in the office now.

 

********

After long time waiting and struggle, I finally can meet Ellin. I know a lot of people here and they helped me to meet Ellin. We both sit at the café in this building. Let’s say I have a good luck this time.

“How are you doing, Amber? I heard you establish your own company. It’s really good to hear” Ellin opened the conversation.

“Yes, that’s my last choice to avoid the unfair employment layoff” I said to her.

“Sure, that’s better for you. So, what do you want to talk about? I’m sure you won’t come to me for no reason, right?” She asked.

“I just still wondering, why did you avoid me all these time?” I asked back.

“Because I know you’ll beg me to explain the ‘misunderstanding’ incident to Soojung” She answered calmly.

“Of course, Ellin! I broke up with Soojung because of that! You have no idea what’s my life like without her!!” I raised my voice, still don’t understand how the way she thinks.

“I told you so many times I was not being me. And it was a mistake” She rubbed her forehead.

“Then explain it to Soojung!” I snapped to her.

But she didn’t say anything. I begin to feel desperate, I don’t know what to do if she refused again.

“Please, Ellin. I don’t understand why you making it so hard. Soojung is getting married with a jerk named Minho! I can’t let that happen!” I pleaded to her.

“What did you just say?? She getting married with Minho??” Her eyes got bigger.

“You know him??” I frowned.

“NO!...I mean…yes…well not really…he’s a good business man that’s all I know” She stuttered and looked nervous.

“Ellin, please help me out. I’m going to die slowly…” I said helpless.

“I….I….I’m sorry Amber, I have to go now…sorry” she got up and quickly moved away from me.

“What?? Ellin!!!!!” I tried to chase her but her bodyguard stop me.

!!!

I lost her again. What happened to Ellin anyway?? Why she did this to me?? I can’t….uurrgghhhhh!!!!! What should I do now??

When I busy with my thoughts, my eyes captured a figure I recognized. She walking out from the café with a little girl holding her hand. The gap between me and her is quite near so I can see her face clearly. I can’t be wrong. It’s Jessica!!! Soojung’s sister. I’m too shock and I can’t move a single muscle. And when finally I can move my legs, Jessica already gone in the middle of the passing people in the building.

Soojung!! I need to call her now!

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

Impossible!!!!

Stupid Soojung!!!! Of course they still meet each other. Why do I think that it was misunderstanding??

I clench my fists and hurriedly walk away from that building. I can’t believe I came here only to see this again! Yesterday Amber hardly begged me to get back together and now she’s here with that !

It hurts.

I can’t hold my tears. It begins to falling down badly. I’m crying loudly between the crowds in New York City. People are staring at me but I don’t care. It’s too hurt to hold back. I walk myself to the quieter place between the aisle. I lean my back to the wall and crying there.

I still love her.

I can’t get over her forever. I keep telling myself that she can be whoever she want to be with because we broke up already, and I won’t care about that. But in fact, here I am, crying loudly because I still care. And I thought, being with Minho now will reduce the pain, but it doesn’t. It still hurts as hell.

*BUZZZZ BUZZZZZZ*

My phone won’t stop buzzing. I shove my phone out of my bag upsetly. I see the screen and it’s only phone number. I don’t know this number though, I decide to pick it up considering it might be an important calls.

“Hello?” I said fiercely with bad voice due from crying.

“Finally! Soojung you need to get here right now” The voice across there speak.

I frowned after hearing that voice. I think I know who this is.

“Amber?? How do you get my number??!!!” I asked madly.

“It didn’t matter. You need to get here, to my old office right now!” She hysterically said.

“Why do I need to follow your order??” I snorted.

That’s right! Why do I need to go to her old office? So she can show off her relationship with Ellin?? But all those thoughts are gone when I heard her answer.

“Because…I think….I think I saw Jessica unnie” She answered.

 

*******

Thankfully I haven’t walk far away from the building. I immediately run back without thinking anything.

Unnie…is that really you??

I keep repeating those words in my head while I’m running my off. When I finally arrived, I see Amber talking with the security. I approach her with hopeful heart.

“Soojung!” Amber called me.

“Is she really here??” I said with teary eyes.

“I swear I saw her here in this building. It’s Jessica, Soojung. I know it” Amber said. Hearing Amber, my heart yelp in joy.

“Where she is now??” My eyes travel around, looking for my sister.

“I don’t know. I was too shock and I lost her” Amber sadly said.

“What do you mean you lost her!!” I raised my voice.

“Okay calm down. Now we gonna ask the receiptionist first and then check out the cctv” Amber calmed me.

We ask the receiptionist if there is an employee named Jessica here, they do have employees named Jessica but they’re not the one we looking for. We also checking on all today’s guest list that hold by the receiptionist. But no Jessica there. She said other than the guest from the list and people from catering service, they didn’t have another guest for today.

We check the cctv as well but we got nothing. I spent hours here and I got nothing. I am very upset…I mean is this a joke?? Did Amber lie to me or what??

“I’m sorry Soojung, I promise we can catch her. Please don’t lose hope” Amber said.

“Shut the up, Amber!!!” I snapped.

“Soojung, I really saw her! I swear to God!” Amber said.

“Then where is she??!!! Do you think it’s fun to play with me with this??” I started to cry.

“What? I’m not! I never ever playing around about this, Soojung!” Amber said.

“I saw you with her!! I saw you with Ellin earlier!!! Is this a part of your plan?? Are you happy playing with my feelings??” I stormed.

“Wha….How did you know??...But I’m not playing around, Soojung! And yes I met Ellin earlier, and it’s not like what you think..it’s…” Amber said but I cut her words.

“What? Another misunderstanding?? I’m tired of it!!! Hurt my feeling is not enough so now you decide joking about my sister?? You bastard, Amber!! Just die and go to hell!!!” I hit her chest hard, trying to pour my anger.

Amber let me to hit her. She even didn’t move an inch. Then she doing something that makes my heart melt. In another second, I’m already in her embrace. Her warm body and her strong arms wrapped around my body. I can hear her heartbeat on my ears. I can smell her good scent. Finally I am in the place that I’ve been longing for.

I’m too shock to respond anything. But the next thing, I found myself really comfortable in her embrace. I don’t want to get out from there. Then she whispers soflty on my ear while my hair gently.

“Shhhhhh, it’s okay babygirl. I’m here. And I’m sorry…Soojungahh” She said soflty.

I’m crying louder in her embrace. Maybe I’m a sinner because I let myself hugged by her like this. But I don’t mind. I don’t care if I go straight to the hell. I don’t care.

So, God just let me be in her embrace for this time. Only this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hohohohoho...It begins!!!!

Can you imagine?? How it feels like in Amber's arms?? Ohhh...I'll die straightly due to heart attack for sure.

 

Maybe I can give you more fluffy Kryber on the next next next chapter ;)))

 

 

Peace out!