CHAPTER 2

Rose Garden

Amber’s POV

 

Work been so tiring lately. Because I established a new company, we all need to work a hundred times harder to build a relation, branding, marketing, and other thousand job. I don’t know I have to be grateful for that or not, because all those job at least can keep my mind busy. I almost got no time to think about Soojung. But somehow, I can’t get rid these feeling of longing toward her. Although my mind didn’t think about her, my heart still can feel it. While I signing some documents, Henry pops into my office.

“Hey Am, you still here?? I thought you already took off.” Henry said.

“And what are you doing here Henry?? The office hour ended hours ago” I said to him.

“I need to finish some works this week” He said casually.

“Me too. Well then, because you here, how about beer??” I offered him.

“Beer?? Hell nah…vodka please!” Henry said happily.

Then we spend the night accompanied by bottles of vodka. My mind start to travel out from my head. But Henry just got a little tipsy, I can tell he’s sober…well not completely, but he’s quite sober. Under the alcohol control, thought about Soojung takes over my brain. My heart burst in sadness suddenly. I’m crying uncontrollably in front of Henry. Along this time, I always pretending that I’m okay, so they won’t worry about me. In fact, I’m struggling a lot with myself. And here I am now, finally breaking down it all. I don’t give a anymore. It’s too painful to keep by myself.

“I miss her….I really miss her” I said to myself, sobbing.

“……you must really do….” Henry said.

“I hate myself to let her go just like that” I still crying.

“Eventhough you’re drunk now and you probably won’t remember what happen, I feel relieve…at least I know that you’re not okay, you’re just pretending to be alright in front of us” Henry patted my shoulder.

“She said she’ll be gone for a year. But it’s already past a year. And she hasn’t come back. She’ll be going back, right?? Right, Henry?? Or maybe I should book a flight to London. Yes!! I need to find her there!!” I got up and struggling a lot to walk to my desk.

“God! I can’t believe I let you go with Soojung only to see you acting up like this right now. Okay stop, buddy. Let’s go home. I’ll grab you a cab” Henry pulled me and he dragged me out from my office.

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

I see the view from the pond in front of me while I draw that view on a piece of white paper I hold. Central Park in the morning is always soothing. Since I got back from London few weeks ago, I always come here to spend my entire day. And yes, I purposingly take a leave from my job. My boss in London approved it and he said I can go back to my old office here in New York after I’m ready. No one know this, including my best friends. Only my boss and I. And since I got back, thought about Amber shadowed me really much. I mean…I did think about her a lot back then in London. But..here…that feeling grows even stronger.

Maybe if I’m drunk, I definitely will go to her place and embarrassing myself by beg her to get back together with me. She’s probably with Ellin now or if it’s not her, she’ll be another hot girl. She won’t feel miserable by waiting for me, right?? Or maybe she’s waiting and….Oh shut up Jung Soojung!! Stop your crazy imagination! There is no way the charming Amber Liu will stay single and waiting for you! Thousands of girl will be lining up to register as her girlfriend. And of course out of those million girls at least there is a one that captivate Amber’s heart. I’m wondering what kind of girl she is…does she prettier than me or…

Wait…so what, Jung Soojung?? What’s the matter if Amber has a girlfriend?? You guys broke up already. And I left her…I ing left her!! So…that was the end right?? Aaaargggghhh…but why do I still feel upset after all these times?? Really Jung Soojung?? So you’ll gon’ waste your life by stalking about her life?? But…my life is her. Now she’s gone, I feel like I don’t have a life anymore. you Amber!!! Why did you cheating for that cardboard curved named Ellin??!!! Okay I know she’s a popstar now…but still! I way better than her in a million times! I could be a popstar of the universe or even in the galaxy if I want to!!!

“Heyy you broken your drawing” A little voice said to me.

That voice literally bring me back to the earth. I immediately turn my head to that voice source. A cute little girl standing in front of me.

“Are you don’t like the drawing?? But I think your drawing is awesome” She continued. My head move to a paper that I hold. She’s right. It’s torn apart already.

“Ohh…yeah..I just didn’t like what I draw..I guess” I stuttered. Caught by a little girl is enough to make me feel awkward.

“I don’t think so. Mine is awful than yours” She said sadly.

“Who said that your drawing is awful?” I asked her.

“My friends. I don’t know because the drawing is terrible or it’s just because what I draw. But they didn’t like it” She answered.

“What you drew anyway?” I asked again.

“My family” She answered shortly.

“Your family?? I think that’s beautiful already! Here, let me see your drawing??” I tapped the empty bench beside me. She happily seat on there.

“I can’t show it to you” She said to me.

“Heh?? Why not??” I asked.

“Because you’ll hate it like all my friends” She hung her head low.

“You know what?? I’m an architect. Our job is to draw the design of the building or the landmark. Like houses, the road, the bridge, public facility. And as an architect, I believe every kind of draw have a meaning, depends on who’s drawing it, what’s their feeling. Every drawing has it’s own soul. So I promise I won’t hate it” I explained her to comforting her.

“Really?? So you are the person who build all these buildings??” Her eyes widen in shock and that’s make me giggle.

“No, of course there are so many architect out there beside me. And architect just making the drawing. Then other people build that until it turns to be a complete building” I explained again.

Honestly, I never got a chance to talk with kids. And now I have it. It’s kinda funny how I have to pick easy words to explain something, so she can understand what I’m talking about.

“Ahh..I see. Alright then, if you’re an acritec, you can see my drawing” She said while she dug her bag. And I laugh to death hearing her pronounce architect with ‘acritec’.

“Here it is” She handed her drawing book to me.

I flip the sheet to see what’s inside. On those white paper, I can see her drawing. From what I see, there are 3 people she drew on that. Well, her drawing is not that bad. Like I’m expecting, it just a drawing typical kindergarten kids. But her draw is pretty good.

“So this is you family??” I asked her.

“Uh huh” She nodded.

“Tell me, which one is you?” I asked her.

“That’s me in the middle” She pointed the draw.

“No wonder, she’s so cute. And who’s this??” I pointed the taller figure beside her.

“That’s my mom” She answered.

“Then…who’s this??” I pointed the other draw beside her. I can tell both are woman because she drew long hair on them.

“That’s my mom too. I have two moms” She answered coolly.

And I instantly think about Amber. This girl’s parents is gay couple. If I were still with Amber, then we adopted a child or even have our own child, she/he must be going through the same thing like this girl went through. Her friends bullying her because she has two moms. And I feel touched at how strong she is. Wait…I just remember she came here alone without her mom. Does she lost in this park??

“Wait…where is your mom??” I asked her panic.

“I wait her to pick me up. My school is across there. She always pick me up at 11. Now it’s not 11 yet” She said.

“Then why don’t you waiting at your school??” I asked.

“No, because some of my friends will say something bad about my family” She said sadly.

“Hey…don’t feel sad. I’m sure you have a lovely parents that cares so much about you. They treat you well, right?? And they always protect each other?” I asked her.

“Sure. I love them so much. And they love me” She smiled.

“Then that’s enough. Be strong, okay??” I pinched her cheek lightly.

“Okay!!!” She said happily.

“What’s your name, cutie?” I asked her.

“I’m Claressia or just Clare. How about you??” She asked back.

“I’m Jung Soojung” I answered.

“You’re so pretty Ms. Jung. I’m so happy if I have beautiful friend like you” She said.

“Well..since we’re friends, call me Soojung. And I’m also happy if I have a tiny cute friend like you” I winked to her.

“Okayyy then we’re friends yayyyy!!!” She clapped her hands cutely.

“Soojung, please teach me how to draw. You’re a great acritec, right? Please…” She pleaded.

“Sure. We have 15 minutes left before your mom picks you up” I said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooo sorrryyyy I just got the chance to post it. I've been sooooooooo busy lately.

And I knowww it's a short chap huweeee mianheeeee..

But I hope you guys enjoy this

 

 

XOXO!!