CHAPTER 1

Rose Garden

Amber’s POV

 

It’s been a year since Soojung left to London. She literally disappeared from this world. Even Vic and Luna having a hard time to contact her. She once said to them that she wanted to calm herself down, she needed time to assembly every single pieces of her broken heart. And being a good friend of her, of course Vic and Luna would give her some space as long as she needs. They told me to not bothering Soojung again and move on with our own way. But I don’t know it seemed not right to me. There is something wrong happened behind all of this, but I don’t know which part. I feel like Ellin purposely did that, because after she kissed me, she never talked to me, she always ignored me and walked away without looking back like we never knew each other before.

Now she’s harder to meet because she’s busy with her schedule. Yep! She made it. She’s a popstar now. All I want to do if I meet her is asking her why did she kiss me and then ran away without saying anything. I need an explanation and I want to ask her to explain that to Soojung too. But since they both now unreachable for me, I don’t know what to do.

And if anyone asking me how do I do….Well….I’m dead inside. No single days I don’t think about Soojung. I miss her really much. I can’t count how many nights I spent to stay awake thinking about her, I can’t count how much tears coming out from my eyes, I can’t count how many times I waste only to look at her picture. I miss her so much until all of my body crying in pain. My life is no longer means anything.

And if it weren’t because of Jackson and Key, I could’ve commit suicide. But they didn’t give up to me, they cheer me up and gave me a thousand reasons to stay alive. They even promised to help me get Soojung back. And I can’t do that if I die. So, I decided to live my life and wait her until she gets back from London, and I swear I will get her back to my arms.

“Hey Amber, the guests are leaving now. You need to meet them downstairs now” Jackson peeked his head into my office room.

“Sure, I’ll be there in a minute” I said to him.

I drag my feet to the stairs and standing for a while to look around. From here, I can see people chatting and talking with each other. I made it. I made my own company. With Jackson and Key’s help of course. My dad is the investor of this company. Well..he also a successful businessman in LA, and he agreed to fund it. And guess what?? Henry will join at this company too. He took a magister study in perform art and he graduated few months ago, so I decided to hire him.

Today is the opening party for my company. We invited all of our partners, friends, and relative. My family also came here all the way from LA. It would be better if Soojung is here, but she’s not. I can imagine how proud she is if we still together.

“Amber! What are you doing there?? Come!!” My sister Jackie noticed me and she told me to join her.

“Jackie, it’s still midday and you already finished a bottle of champagne” I rolled my eyes.

“Aww..come on grandma! It’s not that I drink it everyday” She snorted.

“Yea but you put vodka to your coffee. Every. ing. Morning” I cringed at her.

“Okay grandma. You sound like an old people ew” She ruffled my hair.

“Jackie stop” I tried to dodge.

“So how are you? Do you hear any news from her??” Jackie asked. I know what she meant by ‘her’ is Soojung.

“No, I don’t” I fidgeting my champagne glass.

“Hey, don’t worry too much. I’m sure if you guys are meant to be together, you’ll find a thousand way to get back to each other’s arms. Trust me” She assured me. I just give her a faint smile.

“Hey, you sound like a sister” I . And we laugh together.

After all our guests are going home, I go to my studio to compose some new music. The melody just come across my head out of nowhere and I need to write it down before it get lost. You know..I have a bad memory. While I’m busy pressing the keyboards at the studio, Jackson, Key, and Henry are downstairs to tidy up the mess from the party with the catering guys. And then I feel someone watching me, I look up to find where that feeling come from, and there are pair of cute eyes looking at me. It’s a little girl. She peeks her head and hide her body behind the wall.

“Hi there” I greet her.

“Uhmm..hi” She said shyly.

“I think all the guests already go home. Where are your parents?” I asked her.

“I’m not a guest. My mom downstairs with the workers. She owns the catering service” She answered while she took a step inside the studio.

Now I can see her better. I bet she’s about 5 years old. She tied her hair up high on the top of her head. She has a big round eyes and pretty Asian face. She’s really cute girl.

“Ahh…I see” I nodded.

Her eyes never left the keyboard in front of me. I think she attracts to it. I can tell from her curious face. It reminds me when I was a little girl. I always got curious when it came to music instruments.

“You want to play it?” I offered her.

“Really? Can I?” Her eyes sparkled.

“Sure. Come over here” I tapped the seat beside me.

She happily climb the seat and she sits next to me. I show her a basic music notes and she learns pretty fast, for only 15 minutes she already memorized twinkle twinkle little star song, she plays really good. This kid had talent. I think her parents need to know this.

“You love it?” I asked her.

“Yes!!” She clapped her hands. So cute!

“Oh, I haven’t ask your name. What’s your name??” I asked her.

“I’m Claressia. What’s yours?” She asked back.

“Claressia. That’s a pretty name. I’m Amber” I smiled to her.

“Amber?? That’s a name for woman” She said. I laugh at her cuteness. After all along, she didn’t know that I’m a woman.

“Well..I am. I am a woman” I winked.

“Wow, you are a handsome woman. Does it mean you are like my parents too??” She asked.

“Like your parents?? What do you mean by that?” I asked her back. Honestly, I have no idea what she is talking about. Talking with kids need an extra patience. But before she answered, someone come to the studio.

“Clare!!! Thank God! I thought you’re gone” A beautiful tall woman showed up. Claressia immediately got up from her seat and ran to that woman.

“Mooommm” She shouted and hug her long leg.

“What are you doing here??” The woman asked.

“I played the piano, Mom. I can play twinkle twinkle little star. Amber taught me” She pointed me. That woman look at me. I got up from y seat and approach her.

“Your daughter is really cute” I smiled to her.

“Oh I’m so sorry if she bothered you. She is a curious creature” She apologized.

“No, not at all, don’t worry. She has talent at music. I know I shouldn’t say this, but please don’t waste her talent” I said to her.

“Amber, can I come here to play piano with you?” Claressia suddenly asked.

“Clare! You shouldn’t say that. She is busy” Her mom said to her.

“No that’s fine. I can teach her in my free time. I’m happy to do that” I said to her.

“No, I can’t. You’re the owner of this label music company, right? I can’t let my daughter disturb your activities” She said.

“Oh please, actually it’s a business move. I want to invest at your daughter and I will make her debut as a great musician” I said joking. She laugh at it.

“Well…if it’s okay with you then I can’t do anything. But…under one condition. I will give you an eternal free voucher to eat at my restaurant. I own a small buffet restaurant near your office. You can go there with your friends whenever you want to. Consider it as a payment to a music lesson for my daughter” She then handed me her namecard. I take it and look at the name written on it.

“Bufferia Restaurant” I mumbled.

“Yes. That is my restaurant, Bufferia. And I’m Kwon Yuri. But call me Yuri” She offered her hand for a handshake.

“Hi Yuri, I’m Amber” I introduced myself to her.

“Amber, nice to meet you. I hope our meeting will lead to a good things” She smiled sincerely to me.

“I hope so too” I answered back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Can you sense what happened???

 

Comment and upvote this stroy *wink*