CHAPTER 4

Rose Garden

Soojung’s POV

I patiently wait at the park bench to meet that cute girl Claressia. We promised to meet again here today. I taught her some tips for drawing yesterday, and I want to look at the result she got from that. Does she get a good mark?? Ahh..I’m really curious! It was like you teach your own daughter and you can’t wait to see happy face she will give to you because of what you taught her. Maybe thats how it feels when I have my own children.

I look at my watch, it’s already 10.30 am. She supposed to be here now. I look around to make sure it’s the same spot when we met yesterday. And I can see from afar how those two ponytails bouncing while she’s running. There she is. She waves her hand to me. I wave back at her.

“Soojung!!!!” She shouted happily.

“Hello” I greeted her.

“Guess what I have??” She asked me while she holding something behind her back as if she want to hide it.

“Ummm…I don’t know. What is it??” I asked back.

“Hereee” She showing her drawing book to me.

I take that and take a look at the drawing. For now, there is only one girl on that. And she improves a lot. She got an A+ for this drawing. I’m really proud of her.

“Wow, that’s pretty drawing. So colorful. No wonder you got an A!” I complimenting her.

“Thanks to you! You taught me that..and do you know who is the girl on my drawing??” She asked.

I examine that drawing carefuly. I’m afraid if I guess a wrong person, she will cry or something.

“Is that….me??” I raised my eyebrows, hoping that my answer is correct.

“Yeeessssss” She chirped.

“Why me??” I asked curiously.

“Because my teacher said, we need to draw something beautiful. You’re beautiful, so I drew you” She said innocent. She doesn’t know that what she just said might be a weapon for some guys as a pick up line for their crush.

“Awwww…thank you. That’s really sweet of you” I hug her tight.

“You’re welcome” She answered back.

“So proud of you! Here, put it back to your bag” I handed the drawing book.

“No..I made it for you. You can keep it” She smiled to me.

“Really???” I asked disbelieve.

“Yes. It’s my first time to get an A from drawing. You taught me to. So it’s a gift for you” She said.

“Thank you. It’s the best gift ever” I smiled warmly at her, feeling touched.

“No problem…uhm Soojung, can you do a favor for me??” She asked nervously.

“Yes, sure. What’s that?” I quickly answered.

“Uhhh…sooo….I have a stage performance from my school. I will perform ballet dance there. All of my friend will come with their parents but I can’t ask my parents because they have work to do catering service. Sooo…can you come there for me???” She asked shyly.

“Sure, honey. I’ll be there. When will it take place??” I said without any doubt.

“It will be held on next Friday. Oh and I invited my music teacher too, she is also good friend of mine! I’ll introduce her to you, trust me you’ll love her” She said excitedly.

Well, I kinda sad knowing I’m not the only one she asked to come to her important event. But I feel relief after discover that she has a friend she can rely on. She needs that, because I know how she treated by her friends at her school.

“Cool. I can’t wait until next Friday” I said to her.

“Ok then, see you tomorrow again here??” She said.

I bite my lip hearing those question. Oh Lord, how am I gonna explain her that I can’t meet her again here because I need to prepare myself to get back work, I’m too long taking hiatus from my job due to personal reason and it’s not professional, so I need to put my life together before I lost my job too. I just hope she won’t mad when she heard it. Gosh! I only met her twice and I don’t know why I feel guilty and sad.

“Uhh here’s the thing….I think I can’t meet you again here at this hour. I need prepare myself to get back working” I crossed my finger while I say that.

“Oh…o..okay…uhhmm..is that mean you will draw something to build again??” She asked sadly.

“Yes. I need to make some drawing so people can build something” I feel relief that she didn’t mad.

“Okay then. Do your job makes you happy?” She suddenly asked.

“Yes I guess. Why?” I asked back.

“That’s good. So you can happy again” She answered.

“And what makes you think that I am not?” I raised my eyebrows, wondering how did she know I am a mess.

“Wow, you asked the same question like she did yesterday” She giggled.

“What? Who?” I asked confusedly.

“Nothing, I just thought you guys look good together” She smiled.

“What are you talking about?” I still asked confusedly.

“Never mind. My parents own a restaurant near here. It’s called Bufferia restaurant. My apartment is on the same building. Visit me there whenever you have a chance. Promise?” She said.

“Bufferia Restaurant. Noted. Pinky promise I will visit you there as soon as I can” I offered my pinky finger.

“Okay” She hooked around her little pinky to mine.

Then we bid goodbye to each other. That a sad goodbye honestly, but I keep reminding myself that I can visit her whenever I want. She definitely win over my heart, somehow I feel there is a strong bound between me and her. I even can’t explain why.

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

I quickly finished up the meeting I was hold by morning. This meeting will run forever and it won’t make any solution because it’s too sticky to discuss. Besides, I have other important appointment with this VIP. Yep, Clare’s stage performance will be held an hour again. I need to go as fast as I can before I’m late.

I park my car at the parking lot. A bunch of people scatter around in front of the school building. I look at my watch while I get out from the car. 10 minutes left before the show start. So I’m not late, thank God! I walk to the building and all the moms give me a look, some of them open their mouth. Seeing that, I check on myself, I look down too see my clothes, making sure that I’m not wearing a wrong clothes. White T-shirt underneath the blazer and skinny blue jeans. Well, nothing weird with that, right?

“Amber!! You come!!!” Clare comes out of nowhere and jump on me. I catch her and I pick her up to carry her on my arms.

“Heyyy…of course I am! Uhh do you know why people staring at me??” I said to Clare as I realized more people staring at me.

“Of course because you’re really handsome” She whispered at me. I can feel my cheek blushing at her innocent compliment.

“Okay put me down” She said to me and I put her down.

“You said you’ll bring your ‘adult’ friend too. Where is she?” I asked. I curious what kind of friend that Clare was talking about. I want to make sure that she is a good person since Clare’s parents don’t know anything about her.

“I don’t know either. It will be good if you both meet before the show so you guys can sit next to each other in the auditorium. But I think she’ll be a little late. That’s fine she can sit wherever and I will introduce you to her after the show. Now let’s go inside, the show will start soon. I need to prepare myself” She babbled and pull my hand to go inside the building.

Many moms stare at me, some of them smile sweetly, and some of them even wave to me. And I just awkwardly smile or wave back to them. A moms huh? Really, Amber?? I’ve experienced so many girls that flirt and seduce me and I handle really well to reject them without hurt their feeling. But this is different! Receiving a jaw drop and dirty stare from a MOMS in front of their CHILD in the SCHOOL building, the place where you put your kids to study. That’s really…inappropriate. Plus, this is my first time attending school event as a ‘parents’.

I walk down to the stair of the auditorium to pick the front seat so I can see Clare’s performance clearly and it’s a perfect spot to avoid any attraction for the moms I met earlier. One by one, the seat already occupied by the invitees, mostly parents or family. And the show is begin, open by a great choir performance. Continue by short cabaret based on fable story, and this pretty funny because it’s such a mess. Almost all of character forget their part, so it effecting the whole story. But it’s pretty amusing though. And finally it’s her turn. Clare performing a ballet solo show, presenting classic nutcracker story as Marie, one of the character in the story. I record her performance from the beginning until end. She doing perfect on the stage. I don’t know that she has so many talents. The way she moves her body to the music is so natural and smooth. I can feel myself is full of proud. I can imagine if Yuri see her now, maybe she will cry and shout ‘that’s my daughter’ along the show.

After the show is over, I wait for Clare patiently on my seat. She said she will meet me on where I sit. I play some games on my phone to kill times. But suddenly, a pair of little hand cover my eyes. I know it’s Clare on the first second.

“I know it’s you…” I said to her and she just giggle.

“You did really well on that stage. I’m so proud of you. And I’m sure your parents too” I told her sincerely.

“Thank you. Now, come on…I want to introduce you with my friend. She is waiting on the other side” She said.

“Okay, let’s meet her” I get up and hold her hand.

We walk out from the auditorium to the more quite place, near the backstage. Clare keeps talking about how pretty her new friend is and she make sure that I will surprise when I see her. If she only know that the most beautiful person for me is only you, Soojung…

“Oh there she is!!!” Clare pointed a woman standing not too far from us. She is backfacing us, so I can’t see her face yet.

But wait…I think I recognize that slender waist…that slim back.

Could it be…?? No…no…it can’t be!

My heart start pumping up as slowly she turns her back to facing us. I’m breathing irregularly watching her showing her face. It is like a slow motion scene for me.

Then I see her face. She is smiling to Clare. Then her eyes moving up as she realize there is person standing behind Clare. Our eyes finally met. Her smile faded as soon as she recognize the person in front of her.

I…It’s her…It’s you…

I try to call her name, but my voice won’t come out. Instead of call her name, I just whispering her name.

“Soojung….”

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

After the show is finished, I immediately went to the backstage to congratulate her and apologized for coming late. Good thing is I made it right before Clare begin her performance. She didn’t mad, but she made me promise to buy her an ice cream. She knows how to blackmail people…aisssshhhh.

Now she made me wait at this place that have a direct view to the park through this big window. She said she will go back soon after she find her teacher. She will brings her teacher here to introduce me to her teacher. While I see the view in front of me from the window, I hear a loud footstep bouncing on the quiet hallway.

“Oh there she is!!!” I hear a little voice shouting behind me.

I immediately turn my head to that voice. I put a big smile when I see her cute little face. Then my eyes catch someone behind her. It must be her teacher. My eyes traveling up to look into that person’s face and ready to greet the person. But I stop as soon as I look directly into her eyes. It takes a seconds to finally know what’s going on here.

No…no…it can’t be!!!  Am I hallucinating right now?? Soojung!!! Put yourself together! You can’t hallucinate it now!

I try to inhale some oxygen to calm myself down, but I can’t…it’s too heavy.

But she’s too real to be my imagination…

Then the moment I heard she whispering my name. I know I’m not hallucinating. I know it’s her, standing in front of me.

Why?? Out of million people that could be Clare’s teacher…why it has to be you??

My heart beating so fast. I look into that deep dark eyes. After more than a year I spent to forget her, now when those eyes staring at me, I’m trapped again inside it. After telling myself to keep strong, my knees are wobbling in front of her, how can I be strong in front of her if my weakness is her??

I know I can’t stop loving you,

“Amber…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally!! The scene you've been waiting for!!!!!

BUUTTTT....

If you think there will be something good happen after this, please forget it...because baby, it's not that easy!! MWEHEHEHEHEHEEHHE

Can you guess what happen next?? Leave a comment down below.

 

Please subscribe and upvote this story

 

Peace out :)