To more days to come...

Cake by the Ocean

This is going to be a looooonnngggg read since it's basically what's supposed to be a  multichapter sequel but now it's like all condensed into one. But I hope you guys still enjoy it.... hehehe.

 

Prologue

 

“Hey, guys! Would you like to- Oh!” Yeri paused, jaw dropped on the floor as she saw what she just walked in on. Her Seulgi unnie, teddy bear unnie, the one who covers her eyes when people are doing love scenes on screen looks like she’s about to star in her own shoot. (softcore of course)

 

Not only that but the most shocking thing about it is, Seulgi is on top.

 

Maybe for now…

 

But the look of initial shock on Yeri’s face quickly changed to a proud smirk, “I see you’re about to use the link that I sent you.”

 

“What link?” Seulgi asks until it suddenly dawns on her what Yeri was talking about. “OMO! No! No!” Seulgi squeals in defense, glancing at her beautiful girl who's now blushing just as bad. Seulgi sighs dreamily in her mind, her girlfriend is too freaking cute.

 

“It’s alright, go on… go on… Wendy unnie said they’re going to come over to bring dinner, but I’ll just tell them you’re already eating out each other. KEKEKEKEKEKEKE!”

 

“What are you- YAH! KIM YERIM! I AM NOT LIKE YOU!” Seulgi shrieks in retaliation. It's a little bit too late as Yeri already slam the door behind her, while her devilish cackles lingered behind.

 

“Ummm unnie?” Eunae finally speaks up when she got her bearings right.

 

“Oh… ahhh hey Eunae,” Seulgi mumbles as she sees the beauty sitting up on her bed. They kissed, they kissed a lot before, but it must really be the effect of being apart for a month could do to you. “S-sorry about that.”

 

“For what?”

 

“You know… for ahhh…” Seulgi kept mum not wanting to cross that bridge until they’re really about to get on it.

 

‘For what, unnie?”

 

“Oh ummm… you know…”

 

Eunae cutely shakes her head while Seulgi is gushing deep inside at the cuteness. God. She. Is. So. Whipped.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Well, anyways… Are you hungry?”

 

Always…

 

“Kinda…” Eunae says.

 

“Good. Wendy is an awesome cook and Irene unnie cooks well too. Whenever we’re hungry and we just have ramen and we don’t feel like eating dining hall food, we go over to their place.”

 

“W-wait…” Eunae pulls away, confusing Seulgi. “I didn’t bring anything.”

 

“Anything?”

 

“Well, maybe I should go grab something in the store. What does Wendy-shii or Joohyun-shii like?”

 

“What? No…no… Don’t think like that.” Seulgi’s hair swishes from left to right as she shakes her head. “You’re a guest here; you’re my guest, so you’re gonna be spoiled.”

 

“No, I feel bad.” Eunae continues to pout.

 

“I would feel worse if I’m gonna make you walk around.” Seulgi scoots closer to her, pressing her forehead against hers. “How about next time when your knee is better, we could get some together?”

 

“Oh okay… are you sure they won’t mind?”

 

“Of course not!” Seulgi flashes a bright smile. “She’s the nicest human being in the world! Now c’mon, the food is waiting.”

 

*

 

Seulgi is right when she said there is nothing to worry about. Wendy and Joohyun walked into the apartment with food enough to feed an entire nation. It didn’t take long before the feeling of worry slowly starts dissipating into thin air. Seulgi’s friends always had a great way of making her feel welcome and tonight is no exception before she knows it she was trying to stomach her laughter as Yeri and Sooyoung just enjoyed making a fool out of her sweet baby. Her adorable baby whose only line of defense was a pout and a weak,

 

“Yah, stop it.”

 

“You should have seen her, Eunae… she’s like waaaaaaahhhh… my girlfriend.” Yeri made her best/ worst attempt of Seulgi being in peril. And Eunae tried her best not to smile but God, it’s freaking funny. But now that she thinks about it did she actually put her darling through this?

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah Kim Yerim! What did I ever do to you?” Seulgi protest but judging from her smile, she doesn’t look quite affected. If anyone was affected, it was Eunae. Nahyun always gets on her for constantly beating herself up over small matters. She and Seulgi are okay now, but still, the guilt is in there.

 

“I’m sorry,” Eunae mumbles in apology, wishing so bad she could have taken it away.

 

“No… no… Eunae, you have nothing to apologize for, it was my fault.”

 

“No unnie,” Eunae shakes her head once again. “I shouldn’t have acted like that. I’m sorry.”

 

“No, I’m sorry.”

 

The four friends could only exchange amused glances at how these two puppies are just pawing at each other.

 

“Alright! Alright!”  Sooyoung finally stepped in to stop this cringefest.“You two are sorry, we get it. We get it.”

 

The two exchanged smiles before returning to their food. Eunae stiffened on her seat when she felt Seulgi’s hand on her knee. She shouldn't even compare it to her touchy sunbae, but here she is retracting from the touch. But she should have known better that her Seulgi is nothing like that sunbae. Seulgi has the purest of thoughts, and all she wanted to do was affectionately massages her hurt knee.

 

“Better?”

 

Eunae smiles back thankfully. She clears before taking a fork full of Alfredo again.

 

“This is really good, Wendy-shii…”

 

“Oh!” Wendy look stunned at the compliment before her entire face just beams at the compliment. “Oh… like wow… thank you. I really appreciate hearing that. Did you hear that, babe?”

 

Joohyun just smirks back, “Oh… I did. She loves it when people compliment her food.”

 

“I actually made it slightly healthier instead of whipping cream I used-“

 

Wendy continues to talk about her recipe and Seulgi glances over to Eunae who is absorbing every word out of Wendy.

 

It wasn’t just Wendy that is beaming, Seulgi was also looking at Eunae with such pride. Her girlfriend is not only the prettiest girl in the world, but she also happens to be a sweetheart too.

 

The buzzing of the doorbell interrupted the little get together.

 

“Oh… that’s probably Hayoung with our papers. Excuse me.” Sooyoung pushed herself out of her chair before walking over to the door.

 

Sooyoung swings the door open and the first thing she saw is the disgruntled expression on her bestfriend Hayoung’s face.

 

“Park Sooyoung, you made me come all the way here- Oh who’s that?” Hayoung’s entire expression change as soon as her hot girl radar instantly pinged on the mysterious beauty eating.

 

“Who?”

 

“Her. You have dinner and you didn’t invite me?”

 

Hayoung maneuvered her way to get an up close view, leaving Sooyoung standing in the doorway in surprise. Sooyoung often wonders what she ever did to end up with a joke as a best buddy. And to think Hayoung is one of the most stunning girls on campus, she got that Eurasian feel that most could only scoff in envy. But if they just know how those gears and cogs work inside her brain, and Sooyoung is pretty sure they’ll change their mind.

 

“I think you might need to get a new chair soon,” Hayoung suggested.

 

Sooyoung should really just ignore her, but it was a bad judgment in her case when she asked.

 

“What?”

 

“That girl is so hot, she’s gonna set your chair on fire.”

 

“Shut up… just shut up and leave.”

 

“Did you go to the gallery?”

 

And here is Sooyoung again with her bad decisions as she carried on with this conversation.

 

“Gallery? What for?”

 

“To get this masterpiece.”

 

“Well Hayoung, thanks for the stuff but you got to go now.” Sooyoung slightly shoves the taller girl out of the room. There is no way she’s going to be affiliated with such a dork.

 

“C’mon you’re not gonna introduce me to my future wifey?”

 

“Who? Eunae? dude, that’s Seulgi’s girlfriend.” Sooyoung warned, but Hayoung doesn’t look unfazed at all.

 

“Hey, just because there is a goalie, doesn’t mean you can’t score.”

 

“What does that even- oh …” But Joy is already too late because her bestfriend (though she still wonders why) is already moving on to the beautiful girl on the chair.

 

“Hello there.”

 

“Oh, Hayoung! Did you eat already?” Wendy being the polite entertainer asked.

 

“There’s only one thing I want to eat.” Hayoung bobs her brow while stealing at a glance of the meal she’s ready to devour.

 

“Oh!” Eunae being the polite girl that she is, quickly stood up and bowed. If Hayoung was just a little parched earlier, now it’s grown to a full blown dehydration when she sees the height and the s curves on this hottie. “Hello.”

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m yours and you are-“

 

Eunae leans in closer, trying to make sure what this girl just said. Did she introduce herself as yours? “W-what?”

 

“Better start kicking, hoe, the goalie is here,” Sooyoung warned as Seulgi was too pure, just blinking curiously while someone is trying to snag away her girl.

 

Hayoung just tch and thought of a better opportunity later.

 

“You stole the girl I love.”

 

“Stole the girl that you- Yah! Eunae is my girlfriend!” Seulgi says, she has never been the type to get into fights, but she’s ready to put up a fight if she has too.

 

“For now…”

 

“Girl… Just- let’s go.” Sooyoung drags Hayoung by her collar, ready to throw her out of the room but not before Hayoung says one more thing.

 

“Goodbye Eunae, I wish someday you could step on me.”

 

*

 

“Is my room okay?” Seulgi asked one more time as she sees Eunae taking out her sleeping clothes out of her backpack.

 

“Your room is great, unnie,” Eunae reassures, flashing a quick smile at her girlfriend while she arranges her stuff.

 

“Are you sure?” Seulgi crawls next to Eunae before sitting cross legged on the bed. “Cause we could stay in a hotel if you like.”

 

“No…no… this is perfect, unnie.” Eunae leans closer and closer, before playfully rubbing their noses together. Seulgi’s eyes disappear into those lovely crescents again. But that cute moment shifted quickly when Seulgi notice Eunae is discreetly pulling something out of her bag. Seulgi could only blink curiously trying to figure out why Eunae is so secretive about this.

 

Until Seulgi figured out what it is, something that was enough to give her a whooping cough and jerk her head into a different direction. She didn’t mean to look like a and just ogle at Eunae while she pulls her black silk out of her bag. Every girl should have a pair of black undies, it's completely normal, right? Right. It's normal. But why does Seulgi feel like her cheeks are burning up?

 

Fact: Eunae wears black silk undies, that’s good to know.

 

“Unnie, is it okay if I take a quick shower?” Eunae said it so softly, Seulgi could barely hear it.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah of course. I could show you the restroom. Ummm do you need like shampoo or some toothpaste- I have ummm toothpaste it’s very minty and you know ummmm…”

 

“It’s okay, unnie I brought my own.”

 

“Oh…”

 

*

 

She turns to the restroom door and let out what felt like the tenth time she sighed.

 

It’s just been ten minutes since Eunae went to take a shower, but Seulgi is missing Eunae already.

 

“Why don’t you just join her, unnie?” Yeri just laid it out there, the brat’s face contorted into sheer seriousness as she's determined to win over Sooyoung in NBA2k18.

 

“What?!” Seulgi says in dismay, her voice croaked.

 

“Yeah, if it will make you stop sighing then go join her.”

 

“No, no… no, I can’t do that.” Seulgi shakes her head so bad; The two girls think it’s gonna fall off.

 

“Yes, you can.” Yeri nods in determination, her eyes still glued to the screen. “Just go in there and then pin her to the wall and you know… bathe each other.”

 

“No! No! That’s so awkward!”

 

“At first it would be, but you’ll learn.”

 

“Yup, you’re a dancer, unnie so you have good balance.”

 

“Why would I need good balance?”

 

Sooyoung and Yeri decided to spare Seulgi the details and just snort at their innocent unnie.

 

“You guys are terrible.” Seulgi could only retort back, but the image of walking in on Eunae inside a hot shower was enough to get her all flushed too.

 

But before Sooyoung could retaliate, the sound of the doorknob stops her. Yeri who never look away from her game now turns to Seulgi in pity.

 

“You lose your chance, unnie.” But she was nowhere near done when she added, “But don’t worry, you have tonight.”

 

*

 

“You’re not too hot?”

 

“Nope.”

 

More nuzzling…

 

“Too cold?”

 

More cuddling…

 

“Nope.”

 

“Are you comfortable?”

 

“I’m comfortable…”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Eunae answers with a quick nod and a squishy smile, before scooting closer and snuggling to her real life teddy bear. Seulgi fell into the bed first, tugging Eunae next to her before throwing her sheets on top of them.

 

“Very comfortable. So, so comfortable.”

 

“Do you want the lights on or off?”

 

“It doesn’t matter.”

 

“Can I turn it off?”

 

Eunae answers with a nod and Seulgi pulls away for a millisecond before switching off her lamp, turning her room pitch black. Not a full second pass when she turns on the light again. “I’m sorry, I want to see you longer.”

 

“Okay.” Eunae went back to nuzzling Seulgi again. “Unnie?”

 

Seulgi turns to the girl wrapped around her. “Yeah?”

 

“Your fangirls are very pretty.”

 

Seulgi smiles at the cute display of jealousy. Eunae’s jealousy was adorable but utterly pointless.

 

“Are they?”

 

“They are. They look like dolls. They’re like a whole different level.”

 

“I guess they are.” Seulgi turns to Eunae and if Eunae would stop worrying, maybe she’ll notice how completely in love Seulgi is.

 

“And they are here, close to you.”

 

“Well… I think YooA and Eunwoo live in Chapman Building and Gyuri unnie has her own- What?“ Seulgi asks as she hears Eunae’s cute giggles.

 

“I mean like if you miss them, all you have to do is call or text them, but with us…. Ummmm… I…”

 

“It’s three hours,” Seulgi intertwined their fingers together. “It’s nothing for me. I mean it’s something and I miss you and all, but I’d rather be missing you than be with someone else.”

 

“Me too.” Eunae smiles back at her. “Isn’t it weird? We have just been together for a week, and then we’re apart for like a month but-“

 

“But it’s like we couldn’t live with each other.”

 

Eunae casts a shy glance downwards, “We could but it’s going to be tough, especially since we know how good it feels to be with each other.”

 

“Then, we won’t be apart.”

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Do you really have to leave tomorrow?” Seulgi knows the answer to it, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie… but the fall semester is going start on Monday.”

 

“Okay, you’re going to be a sophomore now,” Seulgi says with a burst of pride.

 

“And you’re going to be a junior. Any advice, sunbaenim?” Eunae asked with a hint of mischief in her gaze.

 

“Well, work hard and play hard.”

 

“Spoken like a true college expert.”

 

“I’m just glad you’re here now.” Seulgi’s playful tone turned softer. But it wasn’t her voice that got Eunae’s heart going out of whack, it was that loving gaze that Eunae could never look away from. “So glad.”

 

“Me too…”

 

They exchange a few pecks, sweet and gentle and it didn’t take long for their kisses to turn breathless.

 

Eunae pulls away from their heated kiss first, gasping for air and cheeks blushing like crazy.

 

“Ummm…”

 

There were so many things to say, so many things to do even if they’re just right there in the four corners of Seulgi’s room. They could binge watch some shows, maybe Seulgi could teach her a thing or two about animal crossing. But it's them and if there is one thing they learned about each other, is that they’re both in the running for sleepyhead of the century.

 

It’s kind of ironic now that Seulgi thinks about it, because they usually spend long hours talking to each other on the phone, catching up on what they did and just talk about the most random things. It usually takes them until maybe 2 am- 3 the latest. But maybe those nights are starting to take a toll on them, cause it’s not even close to midnight and both of them were just ready to pass out.

 

But Seulgi doesn’t really mind, at least tonight she gets to hold Eunae.

 

“Ummm… good night, unnie.” Eunae wraps her arms around Seulgi once again, before pressing her cheek against Seulgi’s back.

 

“Good night…” Seulgi looks at Eunae’s slender fingers nestled on her stomach. She smiles as she fiddles around with Eunae’s blue and orange bracelet that match perfectly with her own black and velvet one.

 

“You’re not sleepy yet?” Eunae asked.

 

“Maybe in a bit…”

 

Seulgi whines when Eunae pulls one hand away, but before she could protest, Eunae started to pat her back, as if she’s a literally a baby.

 

“Eunae, you don’t have to do it,” Seulgi said even if she curls herself up more to fit perfectly in Eunae's embrace.

 

“I want too. It’s not every night I get to sleep next to you. I want you to sleep first.”

 

“Well true, but yeah…” Seulgi surrendered because what’s the point of protesting when Eunae’s gentle circles on her back feel so damn good? Seulgi press a kiss on Eunae’s hand.

 

“Good night, Eunae.”

 

Seulgi could feel warm lips press against her back and it felt so much better than anything in this world.

 

“Night unnie.”

 

*

 

So, this is the reason why Eunae wants her to sleep first.

 

Seulgi had heard Eunae snore during that trip and thought it was adorable. She thought that it was just the effect of being over caffeinated.

 

But now as Eunae is buried in her embrace, it sounds like there is a freight train about to run her over with how loud her girlfriend snores are.

 

No, it sounds like she’s next to an obese, middle age man than next to a beautiful girl.

 

And she’s Kang Seulgi… the girl who could sleep through anything, anytime anywhere. She even mastered showering and sleeping in her freshmen year. But this… this snoring is driving her insane. Maybe if she moves away a bit away from Eunae it wouldn’t be this loud.

 

Nope. Nope. She would rather sleep with this choo choo train chugging next to her ear than be an inch apart from Eunae.

 

She turns around and her adorable girlfriend could give Snorlax a run for his money.

 

“You’re lucky I like you too much.” She nuzzles deeper into Eunae, “My sleepyhead.”

 

*

 

It seems like time really does fly faster when you least expected it.

 

Well, if they didn’t sleep all the way to noon then maybe they have more time together before Eunae’s trip at 2. But there was no use crying over spilled milk, they are here now at the terminal, hands wrapped around each other.

 

“I…I got you this,” Seulgi says, handing Eunae a paper bag. Seulgi felt her heart just melting when she sees the way Eunae's pretty eyes just light up as she pulls out the Ryan doll out of the bag. “Cause you know ummm… we’re gonna be apart and you probably just hug your pillow so I was like thinking maybe… you can hug her and ummm… you know… think of me.”

 

“Unnie, I love it,” Eunae says, her eyes twinkling happily. “I love Ddeulgi.”

 

“Ddeulgi?”

 

“Yup. That’s her name.” Eunae says before pressing it close to her. Ddeulgi doesn’t compare to Seulgi’s hugs but this will do.

 

The intercom signals passengers to bid their last goodbye, and they have done this before but saying goodbye is something they’ll never get used too. Eunae had learned that long kisses and long hugs would only hurt more, one kiss and that’s it. Goodbyes shouldn't have to feel like a knife being twisted inside your chest. One kiss can make you feel like a band aid is being ripped away from your broken heart, it still hurts but not too much.

 

“I gotta go, unnie. Bye.”

 

“Ummm yeah, bye.”

 

One soft brush on the lips before Eunae was about to turn away.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Eunae looks back at her girlfriend, and Seulgi's eyes were filled with a mix of certainty and question. Seulgi stood there on what felt like forever, looking like she's having a mental debate inside her head.

 

“Eunae, I love you.” Seulgi finally says those three words before she bows down.

 

Eunae knows.

 

Eunae perfectly knows.

 

Even if it took all this time for Seulgi to say those words out loud, Eunae perfectly knows that she's the one in Seulgi's heart. 

Eunae smiles back and she has never been more sure of anything in her life.

 

“I love you too, unnie,” Eunae says with a bow too.

 

“Y-you do?” Seulgi could barely crack a smile with how nervous she feels.

 

“I do. A lot.”

 

Seulgi finally smiles, “I’m sorry… I just… I wanted to say for so long but I don’t know when the right time is and-”

 

The whistle blows its last warning and Seulgi was mumbling, trying to come up with some romantic lines she saw on TV. But all she could do is wrap her darling in a sweet embrace before saying it again.

 

“I love you… I love you, Eunae. Sorry it took me this long to say it, I was just…”

 

“No… this is perfect.” Eunae cups Seulgi’s cheeks, drawing her girlfriend closer while she struggles to keep her heart on the line. This was something to be happy about, yet the thought of being apart once again is tearing up her heart.  So, for now all she could really say is those four words back.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Do you really have to go?”

 

“You know I do… but I’ll see soon?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Eunae took one step closer, stealing one last kiss before saying it once again,

 

“I love you.”

 

***

 

Comfort Zone

 

And they live happily ever after…

 

That’s what every girl wished the next line to their love story is, and Eunae is no exception.

 

But it turns out that fairy tale ending is meant for that, fairy tales.

 

Even if the two of them are the fluffiest people alive still they have feelings. And Seulgi is the type who feels too much, who becomes an emotional wreck over movies or someone messing with her feelings.

 

They hardly fight. Except for that slight misunderstanding about Seulgi not focusing on her test. But Eunae can’t think of another time that they fought.

 

So, when Seulgi doesn’t return her calls and doesn’t text her back, Eunae couldn’t help but go into panic mode.

 

It started a few weeks ago, the beginning of her sophomore year and Seulgi starting her junior year. IT started out with a bang with Seulgi celebrating the fact that she finally passed math, with an all time high of 2.2 and her landing the center position for their department’s show that Eunae promised she’ll come over to see.

 

But that level of excitement soon came crashing down almost instantly. Every day after practice, Seulgi would go home, frustrated and exhausted, telling her how their dance instructor somehow has it in it for her. Getting on her for technique, details, footwork, and everything that Seulgi could think of. And the thing with her darling is, she doesn’t bode well with people screaming at her and getting on her face. She’s such a softie that it hurts her when she feels like she disappointed anybody.

 

But Eunae is having a rough start of the school year too. She’s naturally an excellent student but her classes have been tougher than she thought. She barely passed her first quiz and when it comes to her, barely is not good enough. It’s terrible. But Eunae isn’t the type who airs out her frustration. She’s the type who takes it in, takes it in, takes it in until she couldn’t hold it in anymore. Add that to other factors, her volleyball, incompetent groupmates for a semester long project and being apart from Seulgi and this year is nothing short of insufferable.

 

“I lost my center position to Momo.”

 

Even if Seulgi says it through the screen, Eunae could feel Seulgi’s pain radiating through miles and time apart. She could hear the disappointment seeping through every tone of Seulgi’s voice. She could see Seulgi’s eyes were misty, trying to hold on before she breaks into tears.

 

“Baby… I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

Seulgi could only answer with a weak nod, and there is nothing that Eunae wanted to do than be right there and hold Seulgi.

 

“I know… but you’ll be here this weekend for the show, so, I’ll be okay.” Seulgi finally manages to crack a smile. Eunae never hated herself more than this second when she knows she has to break it to Seulgi.

 

“Unnie, I’m so sorry but our grouhasve to redo our presentation and we have to meet this weekend.”

 

The slight glimmer of happiness in Seulgi’s face disappeared in a snap.

 

“Wait what?”

 

“It’s just that I don’t know what time we will be done and…”

 

Seulgi cuts through Eunae’s explanation with a frustrated sigh. That was probably Seulgi’s breaking point because the next thing Eunae knows, Seulgi is wiping her tears with the back of her arm.

 

“I… I…I… I really wanted to see you, unnie.” Eunae struggles to get the words out too, but it was harder than she thought when she’s in a brink of tears too. “You know I do but…”

 

“No, no it’s okay.”

 

“Unnie…” Eunae pleaded, her voice cracking worse than she thought. “I’m sorry…”

 

“No, it’s okay.”

 

Eunae memorized almost every expression on Seulgi’s face. When Seulgi’s eyes turn crescents in happiness, or when her eyes light up when she’s excited, when Seulgi would have that cute pout when she’s annoyed… but this expression… the one that Seulgi has now is something Eunae hasn’t deciphered yet. She couldn’t tell if it was frustration or anger or maybe it’s both.

 

“I…I… I gotta go.”

 

“What? Unnie? Please don’t be-“

 

“Bye Eunae.”

 

Before Eunae even has the second to think of what to say, Seulgi already turns off her screen and Eunae is left just staring blankly at a screen that’s not going to answer her back.

 

And maybe Eunae reached her breaking point too because that very second, her tears just started pouring out.

 

She holds it in when she felt so stupid when she couldn’t figure out her lessons in school.

 

She holds it in when she has to carry her whole group during a presentation which ended up with her getting yelled at by their professor for being unprepared. It didn't matter if she stayed until 3 am to make sure everything went well, all their professor could see is how her groupmates were mumbling through the presentation. 

 

She holds it in when her knee feels like it’s about to give up on her and her coach tells her that she’s too slow getting in position for the plays. Adding insult to injury, her coach saying if she wants her to keep her starting spot then she needs to get her together.

 

These were the things she keeps bottled up inside that even Seulgi has no idea about. Eunae knows her darling is going through some things too, it would be incredibly selfish of her to talk about it when Seulgi comes home devastated.

 

But everyone proves to have a limit. Even if Eunae keeps trying to push and push her boundaries, in the end, she has a breaking point too… and maybe she finally reached hers.

 

It wasn’t just frustration that broke through her walls, cause if there is a feeling that kills her worse, it’s the feeling of hopelessness.

 

Hopeless when even if she went to tutorials, she still couldn’t understand the lesson.

 

Hopeless when she takes another painkiller, but the pain won't go away.

 

Hopeless when she works her hardest to pull her group together, only to be criticized harshly.

 

Hopeless that she’s three hours away from Seulgi and the only thing she could do is call and text her when Seulgi needs her the most, while there are others out there, who could be right next to Seulgi the second she calls.

 

When Seulgi mentions other girls during conversation and Eunae could only counter with a nod, trying to still her expression hoping it isn't obvious how much it bothers her.

 

 Because what else could she do? Was she going to question every girl that Seulgi mentioned? Seulgi constantly reassures her that she’s the only one for her. Even if Eunae could just count it in one hand the times they have been together, she already give Seulgi her whole heart. 

 

But that nagging feeling would always be there,  just waiting to kick Eunae when she's at her lowest, ready to drag her down. Right now it's screaming louder and louder in her ear. Mocking her why Seulgi would stay with her, when she has other girls close to her.

 

Eunae wanted to so bad to tell herself that Seulgi wasn't like that, but when hopelessness starts to suffocate her heart, the only thing that Eunae could do is cry.

 

*

 

Seulgi woke up groggy, feeling heavy hearted and thinking that her eyes were screwed shut when she struggles to open it. Her room was pitch dark with only slivers of moonlight slicing through blinds to provide a bit of reprieve. She winces as she pulls out her phone from under her before she squints her eyes again from the harsh glow of the screen.

 

1:36 am and her monitor are filled with messages.

 

Wannie: @Seulgi @Yeriii @Sooyoung I got food for you guys.

Sooyoung: Wendy Shon wifey material.

Yeri: Mwah Mwah! Tsup tsup! Slurp Slurp!

Yeri: Check your dm, @Wannie I slide something for you…

Joohyun: Donut tank about it.

Yeri: BWAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Joohyun: Dan autocorrect

Sooyoung: Ooooohhhh…. Who’s Dan?

Joohyun: Junho what I mint.

Yeri: First it was Dan, now it’s Junho? Tsk Tsk Tsk…

Wannie: Babe, babe it’s okay.

Joohyun: Imma kale you.

 

Joohyun signs out

Wannie signs out

 

Yeri: Yoh food is here! Dinner Time!

Yeri: Hey! Time for dinner!

Sooyoung: @Seulgi Are you eating dinner or what?

Yeri: We’re eating now.

Sooyoung: @Seulgi Your food is in the fridge.

Yeri: @Sooyoung is being a pig and ate your food @Seulgi

Sooyoung: Don’t listen to that er! She ate it!

 

Yeri: We both ate it. 😊 😊

 

Seulgi just groans, she’s usually territorial when it comes to her food but tonight she’s not having it. She ignores the hunger pangs and food is the last thing on her mind when she scrolls and sees about a dozen voicemails from Eunae.

 

She instantly sat up on her bed as she pressed her phone to her ear. Her heart broke as she listens to Eunae's words barely escaping her tears.

 

“Sorry… sorry. I’m so sorry… I really, really want to see you… but I just can’t… unnie please, I’m sorry…”

 

Seulgi didn’t even check the time and Eunae is probably asleep right now as she calls Eunae. I didn't even take two rings before Eunae picked up from the other line, answering her with a heartbreaking tone.

 

“U-unnie?”

 

“Hey baby…”

 

There were a million of things that they both needed to say, but all they could do right now is surrender in this painful silence.

 

“Unnie, I’m so sorry.”

 

“No… I… I’m sorry for acting that way, Eunae.”

 

“No… I promised you and then I broke it… I…”

 

Eunae’s words were punctuated with sobs, hearing the pain is hurting Seulgi worse than she could ever imagine.

 

“Eunae, can we facetime?”

 

“No, no… I can’t right now.” Eunae chuckles through her sobs. “I look like a wreck.”

 

“I bet you’re still pretty.”

 

Eunae chuckles once again, before exhaling deeply. “I wish I’m there.”

 

“Me too…”

 

“Unnie…” But Eunae succumbs to her tears again.

 

“Eunae, it’s okay… really, Eunae please don’t cry anymore. It’s okay.”

 

“But unnie…I… please… please be patient with me, with us. I…. please… please don’t break up with me.”

 

“What?” Seulgi sits up in her bed, the worries she has earlier of her y dance instructor and losing her center position seems so insignificant to what Eunae just said right now. “Of course not… why would you think that?”

 

“It’s just that… there’s so many girls so close to you, while I’m here and I… I can’t be with you.”

 

Seulgi could only clenched her phone tightly, it kills her how she makes Eunae feels like that when there is no one in this world she would rather be.

 

“Eunae don’t ever… ever think that. Eunae, I love you…”

 

“I… I love you too, unnie.” And Eunae does, her love worth more than any four words could ever say.

 

“And you mean to me than any center position or what I’m going through.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Seulgi lays back in bed as her fear starts crumbling, a feeling of relief washing over her. “I’m… I’m sorry for making you feel that way.”

 

“No, I just… I just don’t know what to do.”

 

“You don’t have to do anything. I’m okay now. Are you… are you, feeling better now, Eunae?”

 

“Ye- ummmm no. I…”

 

“What?”

 

Eunae took a deep breath before she finally says it.

 

“My classes are just tougher this year and ummm… my knee is bothering me more.”

 

“Eunae, why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“It’s just that… you are already going through too much. I don’t want to- unnie, I don’t want to bother you.”

 

“Eunae… no, no, no… You’re worth more than any center position.” Seulgi press her eyes, trying to hold the tears that is threatening to fall once again. “I’m sorry, you’re always listening to me that I sometimes forget you have something to say too.”

 

“No… I just… I thought I could handle it but I… I just don’t want to look like…” So weak, “ I try to toughen it out but…”

 

“You don’t have to do that all the time, I’m here now.”

 

“I’m here for you too, unnie. Even if it’s just on the phone.”

 

Seulgi smiles thankfully before saying, “That’s more than enough for me.”

 

Seulgi could hear Eunae’s breathing slowing down to a peaceful pace and despite the distance, Seulgi could feel the heaviness that’s pushing her down, fading away to nothingness. Cause when the selfishness and the gripe of being number 1 drags her down, all she needs to remember is Eunae, the one that matters the most. The one who always make her feel that even if there’s a million of stars out there, Seulgi will always be her moon.

 

And as long as Eunae is there, there’s nothing else in this world she needs.

 

***

 

If We…

 

Eunae: I got a haircut.

Seulgi: Oh! I wanna see! I wanna see! I wanna see! I wanna see!

 

Seulgi’s mind is playing tricks on her now, making her think of how her girlfriend would look with different haircuts. But before she could think of how cute Eunae would look with a mohawk, she heard her phone beep.

 

She multi task on biting on her chip and clicking the picture, and Seulgi almost bit on her tongue when she sees how ing hot Eunae looks with her new haircut. Just when Seulgi thought that Eunae looks so gorgeous in her long, dark locks, Eunae just had to torture her more, by cutting her hair up to her shoulders.

 

Add her model like haircut with make up and that off shoulder top… why does her girlfriend look like she’s about to go on a date?

 

Seulgi: Yah! Are you going on a date?! Why do you look so beautiful?

Seulgi: Omo sooooooo pretttyyyyyyy

 

But before she could press send, Eunae already text her.

 

Eunae: Does it look good?

 

Seulgi: Yes! Yes! Sorry… I was too stunned by how pretty you are.

Eunae: eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh

Seulgi: No! No! For Real… why are you so pretty, Jo Eunae?

Eunae: Such a smooth talker, Kang Seulgiiiiii…

Seulgi: Can we facetime?

Eunae: Babyyyy… I’m still out in the mall with NAhyun and Euijin… I’ll call you as soon as I get home.

Seulgi clicks on Eunae’s picture and taps on it to get it larger. God! Her girlfriend has always been beautiful but she’s not kidding at all with this haircut. Her baby is taking no prisoners. Seulgi her lip as she felt just drying.

 

“YAH KANG SEULGI! ARE YOU LOOKING AT ?!”

 

Trust Kim Yeri to ruin her admiration for her girlfriend.

 

“What? No!? I’m looking at Eunae!”

 

Yeri and Sooyoung only exchanged dirty looks that is doing more but irritating Seulgi even more.

 

*

 

“So, what are you guys watching?”

 

It was Friday night and it was incredibly rare for Yeri and Sooyoung to be home at 9 pm. The two might drive her crazy sometimes… most of the times but Seulgi have to admit that it’s fun to hangout with them.

 

“Handmaiden.” Yeri said so lightly, but it was enough to freeze Seulgi in her steps.

 

“Handmaiden? But doesn’t that have y scenes?”

 

“Ohhhh…. I’m sorry unnie, do you want us to put Pororo for you?”

 

“Sesame street?”

 

“Little Einsteins?”

 

“Yah!” Seulgi squeezes between the two. She’s older than both of them, but these two always does a great job of bullying her. “I can watch this.”

 

The two exchange that eating smirk once again, and it infuriate Seulgi that she just let this two win.

 

But ten minutes into the movie and the three of them just watch it slackjawed, the movie boring them into tears until Yeri, dear Kim Yerim just took the remote and starts fast forwarding it.

 

“What are you doing? Were going to miss the story!”

 

“Trust me, no one watch the handmaiden for the story. Oh-ho-ho… here we go!”

 

“What the?! OMO!”

 

Now the three of them are slack jawed for a whole different reason.

 

“I…I…I can’t watch this.” Seulgi says but God damn it, why can’t she look away?

 

*

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Seulgi smiles sleepily as she listens to Eunae answers her in whispers and hums, telling her that she’s seconds away from falling asleep.

 

“Have you ever watch before?”

 

“WHAT?”

 

*

 

There are three very plausible answers to Seulgi’s question.

 

  1. ? What’s that?
  2. What? … oh no… never.

 

  1. Or she could be honest and said that if you’re bestfriends with someone like Nahyun and Minjae, the answer is a hell yeah.

 

 

It was almost 1 am and Euijin and Nahyun brought her along to one of their bar hopping nights, telling her that she needs to show off her hot looks, but Eunae wasn’t down for it, she has a good girl but Eunae didn’t want to look like she’s too dependent on Seulgi.

 

So, she went anyway. She got drinks and some guys asking for a dance and her number, but she’s quick to turn all of them away. The entire night she spend texting Seulgi. Eunae had never felt so excited to be home, she fell on her bed, ready to fall asleep while listening to Seulgi’s voice, when her baby just drop that question out of nowhere.

 

Or 4. She could start snoring and pretends she fell asleep.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Oh ummm…”

 

“Sorry… are you sleepy?”

 

“No…no… I’m still here, unnie and ummm…oh… y-yeah?”

 

“Yeah what?”

 

Oh good… she forgot her question. Thank God her girlfriend has Dory’s memory.

 

“Oh you mean… you watch it.”

 

“I…I…I…I… ummmm yeah?” Eunae could only mumble in response.

 

“I watch one today.”

 

“Is it your first time?”

 

“Well, I see some stuff before in like movies but it was nothing like that. It feels kinda I don’t know.” Seulgi’s voice trailed off into sleepiness and Eunae wonders if Seulgi had fallen asleep. Until, Seulgi added…

 

“I mean someday, we… ummm… well…n-nothing…”

 

Seulgi’s voice sounds so calm in the other line, but the effect of it in Eunae was intense. Eunae’s throat starting to dry, her heart pounding so hard in her chest, and is she sweating?

 

“Unnie I…”

 

“S-s-s-sorry Eunae, I don’t mean to make you feel awkward like this. I was just…”

 

“No unnie, it’s okay. Someday…”

 

It was quiet in the other line, but Eunae could already trace the soft smile gracing Seulgi’s gorgeous lips.

 

“Yeah… someday.”

 

 

*

 

“I never knew there were so many kinds of flowers.”

 

Eunae mumbled nervously as she stood in the midst of the Train Station’s flower shop. She could feel her temples pulsating from the stress.

 

She told her girlfriend a little white lie. Eunae told her that her train is gonna arrive at 11:50, when it got in at 11. It just that it’s their first time seeing each other again after two months. Sure, they see each other everyday when they facetime and skype, but this is different, so different. They get to see, like literally see each other again.

 

But that’s not it… She could finally hold Seulgi’s hand and hug her and oh God… she could finally kiss her after two months. And as much as she loves their air kisses, she knows it would feel a lot different to finally feel Seulgi’s lips on hers.

 

She just needed this day to be perfect.

 

Her teammates are all arriving at 4 for the annual volleyball tournament but she begged her coach if she could go earlier, because she knows that even if she spends 3 days in Haneul, it would be impossible to even see Seulgi with back to back games and practices.

 

She wanted to bring flowers from back home, but she was worried that it’s gonna get battered on the three hour train ride.

 

Eunae completely underestimated her time in the flower shop. She thought that all it would take is one step inside the store and she’ll know exactly what to get. But she had been here for almost twenty minutes and she still can’t make up her mind.

 

She should get roses. It’s safe and everyone likes roses. But roses somehow feels like such a common choice and Seulgi is anything but common.

 

How about this bouquet of wildflowers? They are gorgeous and so colorful, it fits her girlfriend who’s like her own little ball of sunshine.

 

But these tulips look so beautiful too!

 

So many flowers but which one is worthy of her girlfriend?

 

But a sudden realization struck Eunae out of nowhere, what if Seulgi isn’t the type to like flowers? Oh God! Maybe she should get chocolates instead? Or pringles? Do they sell a bouquet of pringles?

 

“Can I help you?” The flower attendant asked after seeing the tall beauty in distress for what felt like an eternity.

 

“Yeah, ummm no, Ah Yes! It’s just that-”

 

The intrusive ding of the door interrupted Eunae’s thoughts. She didn’t even get a chance to finish what she’s about to say when the honey voice that followed after paralyzed her.

 

“What flowers should I get, Wen?”

 

Eunae quickly spun back around, mouth gaping open as she heard her voice. They talk every night, and Eunae could pretty much tell Seulgi’s voice without even seeing her.

 

She turned her back on the entrance, wishing that her girlfriend couldn’t see her.

 

Eunae caught her girlfriend’s reflection on the glass window, her Ddeulgi unnie looking so freaking hot in a leather jacket.

 

“I know, I know…” Seulgi whined, “But I haven’t seen her in so long. I want it to be perfect.”

 

Oh my God, her girlfriend is so sweet.

 

“Hello! welcome to Sunshine Flowers, can I help you?”

 

The flower attendant who was supposed to help her, betrayed her and move along to help her girlfriend instead.

 

“I got to go, Wen.” Seulgi puts away her phone. “Hi!” Seulgi greeted the attendant brightly. “Yes, I’m looking for a bouquet for my girlfriend. She’s coming in today and I haven’t seen her in two months and 3 days. So, I really, really want to get her a bouquet that says I miss you so much and I love you so much and you’re so amazing and I can’t believe you’re mine kind of bouquet.”

 

“Ohhhhh…. Kay,” Says the attendant.

 

Eunae almost lost it as the butterflies in her stomach started going wild from what her girlfriend just said.

 

“I think I just have the right one.”

 

Eunae thinks this is the right time to sneak out of there, as she slowly tiptoed away in the back, trying to not get any attention from Seulgi.

 

“Miss excuse me!” The flowershop attendant howled as if Eunae just walked off without paying.

 

Ah Crap.

 

Eunae tried to motion the girl to be quiet, but she didn’t see Eunae’s actions.

 

“I’m going to help you in a bit, just look around and see which one you like.”

 

Eunae swerved to see if her girlfriend saw her, but Seulgi looked so absorbed on her phone to notice. Eunae mouthed a “no, thank you” to the girl before reaching out for a doorknob but before she could twist it open her phone beeped.

 

A text message from Seulgi.

 

My Ddeulgi <3

I’m already at the station. I can’t wait to see you.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Oh Unnie?”

 

But it looks to Eunae that Seulgi didn’t even care what she was doing there with how excited she is.

 

“Oh wow Eunae, you look so… wow,” Seulgi jumps into Eunae’s embrace. “I miss you!”

 

“I miss you too, unnie.”

 

“Not as much as I do,” Seulgi burrows herself deeper in Eunae’s embrace. “I miss you super duper much.”

 

“Ahem… ahem…” The two lovers turned around to the attendant looking judgmentally at them. “So, are you two going to get any flowers?”

 

*

 

“You know I have a surprise for you.”

 

Eunae turns away from their link hands and back at the mischievous girl walking next to her. With a bouquet that they bought each other in one hand and one hand wrapped around each other.

 

“Oh? What is it?”

 

And Seulgi being Seulgi (who’s gonna end up being the worse spy ever) couldn’t even try to contain her feelings when she blurts out.

 

“I’m going to perform tonight.”

 

“Oh, you will?” Even Eunae looks equally excited at what Seulgi said. She had heard from Seulgi’s friends how freaking amazing Seulgi is when she steps on stage. Eunae had been blown away when she sees a couple of the videos of Seulgi dancing, and somehow she couldn’t believe that the girl on stage is her same baby.

 

“Yeah, I have two performances one with Joohyun unnie and one with Hyejin. When they asked me to dance for the volleyball tournament I said yes.”

 

“Oh my God! I’m so excited!” The excitement was obvious when Eunae’s voice just reach an octave higher.

 

“I’m so excited to see you play too. It’s my first time.”

 

“Najjang plays better than me.”

 

“Well, everyone has different biases, and everyone could take Nahyun as their bias, but you’re mine.”

 

Eunae turns to her, her eyes twinkling almost magically. “I’ll try my best then.”

 

*

 

“So Eunae?”

 

“Hmmm?” She answers automatically, her eyes locked on adjusting her knee brace.

 

“Euijin has just told me what people could do in five hours.”

 

Euijin leans over and agrees, “It’s a lot.”

 

Eunae looks back at them as soon as she finished adjusting her knee brace. “What are you two even talking about?”

 

The two just exchanges knowing glances and Eunae wasn’t dim to these kinds of things. She knows perfectly what these two s are trying to insinuate.

 

“Yah!”

 

“So, tell us why you have to come 5 hours earlier again?”

 

“Cover your ears, Yoonsun.”

 

“Yah! I’m old enough!” Their giant baby said in defense.

 

“What?” Eunae’s face turned bright red at what her idiot friends are assuming. “No, we just ate lunch and hangout in the mall for a bit.”

 

“They ate and hangout?”

 

“I think the Netflix and chill of 2018.”

 

“You two quit it, like seriously.” Eunae turns to her phone and smiles instantly as she reads the message from her girl.

 

My Seulgi: I could see you from the backstage. Kekeke.

Eunae: Kyaaaahhhh… I’m so excited to see you dance!

My Seulgi: I’ll do my best coz my crush is watching… kekekeke!!!

Eunae: Kekekeke… You’re going to do great, good luck baby. Mwah!

My Seulgi: Thank you, baby. I love you.

Eunae: I love you too.

My Seulgi: Mwah!

 

Eunae didn’t even bother trying to hide her smile as she was about to respond to Seulgi’s sweet and cheesy messages.

 

Eunae turns to the stage and even if she’s tall enough to peer through from the bleachers, it’s still hard to look over the crowd of people. The entire Haneul gymnasium filled to the brim with every female volleyball team in the country, and Eunae could feel the butterflies inside her stomach at the thought of Seulgi performing in front of all this people.

 

She couldn’t even focus on what the announcer is blabbing about as she nervously anticipates Seulgi’s stage.

 

“Relax, won’t you?”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s like you’re the one dancing up on stage, you look so nervous.”

 

“I bet she’ll do great.” Euijin says, her pretty eyes disappearing into crescents.

 

“I…I know she will.”

 

When the announcer says that the ace of Haneul is about to set the stage on fire, only a handful of people cheers on what Eunae assumes are the Haneul team and maybe Seulgi’s fangirls.

 

“Oooooooohhhhhh…” Nahyun says in approval as Seulgi positions herself on stage with a measly excuse of a shorts and shirt that even if Eunae was apart she could trace the outline of Seulgi’s abs.

 

But it didn’t even look like it doesn’t unfazed Seulgi at all, because as soon as the beat drop she went into an almost hypnotic phase putting everybody in a trance.

 

And now as Eunae watches her girlfriend perform and lit the stage on fire, she finally understands why people calls her the Ace of Haneul. The videos that she saw didn’t do any justice to how captivating Seulgi is when she’s on stage.

 

This was too much for Eunae to handle right now, that even she had to look away. But when she looks back, she saw Seulgi walking to the opposite side of the stage, waiting for their eyes to meet before she smiles and waves sweetly at her.

 

OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGOOOOODDDDDD SHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE WAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE AAAATTTT MMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

The volleyball player sitting in front of Eunae shrieks, thinking that the smile and wave is meant for her. Eunae should be offended but the way this girl is hyperventilating over her girlfriend is too amusing. But Eunae did promise herself she’ll annihilate her team if they ever cross path.

 

“Ooooohhhh coach, Eunae might not be play tonight.”

 

“Yah! Najjang!”

 

But Seulgi’s assault on this hapless crowd was nowhere near done, when she steps down the stage the modest cheer she got at the beginning turned into deafening screams, all of them begging for more.

 

Just when people are starting to mumbling how their hearts are racing and who this Seulgi shii is, someone just break into the crowd, Eunae and her teammates lean over to see a girl in all white with a look that she can scratch your heart out just making her way to the stage.

 

As soon as the girl says Let’s go Seulgi, the entire gym just started howling once again that Eunae swore she could feel the entire stadium just shaking.

 

But Seulgi her Seulgi still manages to steal some hearts, as she struts in the stage with such confidence, her voice captivating every heart leaving no prisoners. Everyone was obviously thirsting for her girl, but Eunae could just look at her proudly, her chest puffed up in pride her lips breaking into a huge grin, until that part… where Seulgi just willingly let someone tap her in the .

 

The grin disappeared into a scowl at the same time as the logical Eunae just jumped out of the window.

 

“Hey! she said she needs a bad girl to blow her mind…”

 

“Najang just stop…”

 

*

 

This was meant to be a celebration, their team just annihilated two teams in one night and Eunae was so thankful that her knee wasn’t acting up today. Other teams who was counting her out because of her nagging injury was starting to have flashbacks on why Jo Eunae is feared in the collegiate volleyball league.

 

But if you’re not a volleyball fan, Jo Eunae is known as no other than Seulgi’s girlfriend. Everyone was surprise to see Seulgi there watching a game when Haneul wasn’t even playing. And the second Seulgi screams, Go Eunae! It wasn’t just Eunae who heard it, but everyone else.

 

“So, that’s Seulgi-shii girlfriend…” Said the seventh girl that walked pass their team in the last hour. Eunae could only break into an embarrass smile while her friends was already chuckling at her expense.

 

“Wait… that girl who dance was your girlfriend?”

 

“Ummm… yes coach.”

 

Their usual no nonsense, old school coach just cocked her brow before smirking, “Remember we have a game tomorrow at 8.”

 

“Oh! Oh Yes coach!”

 

The soft chuckles earlier now turned into devilish cackles.

 

“Eunaeeee…”

 

Eunae elbowed Nahyun in the ribs so hard, she heard it crack.

 

“Seulgi unnie,”

 

“This is for you,” Seulgi hands Eunae another bouquet before greeting her with a peck on the lips. That looks too sweet even their coach looks like she’s blushing.

 

“Oh hi…” Seulgi, the girl who turned everyone’s world upside down looks like a completely different girl. Polite and sweet as she bows down politely at Eunae’s teammates.

 

“I’m Seulgi, nice to meet all of you.”

 

“Oh Seulgi unnie, you were so good up there.”

 

“Oh thank you…”

 

“Eunae was just drooling the entire-“

 

“YAH! YAH! YAH!”

 

“Okay, that’s enough. Remember tomorrow.”

 

“Y-yes coach!” Eunae bows down as her team turns away.

 

“Safe kids…” Nahyun just had to blurt out, leaving Eunae with her jaw on the floor.

 

She’s really gonna kill her someday.

 

*

 

“I never realized that Volleyball is such an exciting sport!”

 

Eunae was supposed to be annoyed with Seulgi for that skinship, but how can that even be possible if Seulgi just squeals so cutely like this?

 

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” Eunae says before wrapping her arm around Seulgi’s waist.

 

“And you are so good. I just feel my heart just going dugeun dugeun. Like Omo! My girl is so amazing.”

 

“You’re so amazing too, you know that?”

 

“Oh… kekeke… thanks.” Seulgi mumbles shyly.

 

“You look like you are having so much fun on stage,”

 

“I was…”

 

“Yup, I could tell.”

 

Seulgi gulps as she heard the hiss in Eunae’s tone.

 

“Ahhh…” Seulgi laughs, trying to diffuse the tension. “What part did you like?”

 

“I like everything… even that part.”

 

“What part?”

 

“You know… when you let someone tap you.”

 

“Tap me?” Seulgi raises her brow until it clicked in her what Eunae was talking about. “Oh! Oh! Oh! That ummmm… ahhh… well… it’s really just part of the choreography, hahaha… it’s not like you know.”

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

“Well… I… it’s just ahhh… ummm…” Seulgi chuckles once again that sounded more like cries of despair. “You know…”

 

“What?”

 

“I love you, Eunae.”

 

Eunae could only purse her lips at her girlfriend’s innocent reply. It’s like a child asking for forgiveness.

 

“You can tap my if you like,” Seulgi asked.

 

“What? No! No silly.”

 

And just that easily, the initial annoyance that Eunae has quickly fizzled away. She wasn’t the type who hold on to grudges anyway, but Seulgi always seems to have that power over her to turn her petty yet at the same time, the only one who could change it in a snap with how adorable she is.

“I love you too, unnie.”

 

*

 

And just like always, whenever they are together time just blurs past them. Despite how Seulgi is trying to hold on to every single second with Eunae before she knew it, it was already the awards ceremony and Eunae is going to go back to her university that night.

 

Eunae’s team did infinitely better with it going as far as the fourth seed before succumbing to one of the major universities. Seulgi could feel Eunae’s heartache and let her just hold her the entire night while Eunae breaks down away at the staircase away from the crowd.

 

Eunae did manage to turn heads, making it to the all star team but Seulgi knows how her girlfriend’s heart is, Eunae would rather win a championship than be in any all star squad.

 

It took a couple of days until Eunae’s smiles and seal like laughter returned and Seulgi couldn’t be happier.

 

But now Seulgi is facing a whole new dilemma…

 

Something she thought she could brush off or just shrug about, but everytime she sees Eunae even if it’s through a screen, a strange strum of emotions starts playing inside of her.

 

The thought of how beautiful Eunae is just taking over her dreams and her senses.

 

Her girlfriend is just too beautiful for her heart to take and all Seulgi could do is nod and say uh-huh, uh huh. Eunae could be telling her that she threw a bunch of golden retriever puppies off a cliff and Seulgi is positive she’ll just say uh-huh, uh- huh.

 

Now she could barely respond to whatever Eunae is saying, not when Eunae looks like that.

 

The thing that made it much worse is that Seulgi has no idea where to place these feelings or how to even describe it. She is crazy in love with Eunae and she knows Eunae feels the same way, but is that it? Is this just love? How come it feels like there should be more?

 

There is also this foreboding sense of curiosity over things that Seulgi never really paid attention to before. Before she cringes and die of a panic attack when she have to sit down through a love scene, now she could go through WDTFS without covering her eyes.

 

And she hated herself for wondering, how would it feel to be intimate with Eunae?

 

*

 

This is what Sooyoung gets for working last minute.

 

She has a paper due at 9 am and it’s now close to 2 am and she’s not even halfway done.

 

“Sooyyyouuunnngggg.”

 

“Oh !’ Sooyoung bounces off the stool. “You scared the out of me.”

 

“I’m sorry…” Seulgi joins her in the kitchen, slumping her head down on the counter next to Sooyoung’s books. Sooyoung could feel that there is more to this than a simple talk, so she moves her books to the side to let Seulgi have more room.

 

“I’m such a terrible girlfriend,” Seulgi whines out loud.

 

“You? Terrible?”

 

Naïve. Too confused. Too innocent. Too dumb but terrible, Sooyoung highly doubts it.

 

Seulgi raises her head and even Sooyoung had to back away from the exasperated expression painted on Seulgi’s face.

 

“It’s just that I have been lying to Eunae lately.”

 

“You lie? I didn’t know you’re capable of that.”

 

“Well… I ummm… I told her I was rereading fluttering feelings when truth is, I’m actually binge reading What does the fox say.”

 

“Oh wow…” Sooyoung answers blankly.

 

“I know! I’m so terrible!”

 

“Unnie,” Sooyoung cups Seulgi’s shoulders, trying to shake the despair out of her. “What you see in WDTFS, it doesn’t translate to you and Eunae.”

 

“It doesn’t?”

 

“WDTFS, I read it and ummm… I could only count it in one hand where they did it out of love and ummm… knowing you and Eunae, that’s not how it is with the both of you. You’re like two of the most in love people in the world even if you’re like in a long distance relationship.”

 

“B-but… Eunae… She does these little things that don’t help at all! Like when we facetime she plays around with her bra strap a lot. Last time it was like around six times!”

 

Sooyoung pursed her lips trying hard not to crack a grin at her bestfriend’s frustrations.

 

“You actually counted it?”

 

“I did…I feel so bad. Ummm… she wanted to visit this weekend but ummm… I don’t think I could trust myself with her so I told her something came up and she looks so sad and I feel terrible but I just don’t think I’m ready to see her.”

 

“Why are you so worried about it?”

 

“About what?” Seulgi’s eyes flutter in confusion.

 

“About feeling this way? You love Eunae and Eunae is a very beautiful girl. It’s normal to feel that way.”

 

“Wait!” Seulgi bounces off the chair “You feel that way about her too?!”

 

Sooyoung never thought that Seulgi is ever capable of rage, but the fire in her eyes prove otherwise.

 

“What?! No. I meant for you.”

 

“Oh…” Seulgi settles back in her chair and in her frustration.

 

“There’s nothing wrong about feeling that way.”

 

“Really? Then why does it feel so wrong?”

 

“Cause people when they talk about it’s like they’re talking about something dirty or they do it just because they feel you know… . But it’s so much more than that.”

 

Seulgi watches her bestfriend wistfully looks away.

 

“When you do it with the one you really love it’s… it’s… one of the most beautiful thing in the world. It doesn’t matter where you do it, or when you do it. Those things are just… details. The only thing that really matters is who. Have you two ever talked about it?”

 

“Kinda… but not much really. I…I don’t know how to say it.”

 

“That you’re thirsting for her?” Sooyoung smirked, making Seulgi blush harder than she thought.

 

“Well… I don’t want to make her feel that that’s the only thing I’m after.”

 

“Unnie, how long have you two been dating?”

 

Seulgi looks up at the ceiling as she mentally counts it.

 

“Around five months?”

 

“Some don’t even wait a week… Unnie… it’s okay.”

 

“Is it?”

 

Seulgi turns to Sooyoung, those monolids eyes just filled with so much worry. And Sooyoung actually wished she could say something more to wipe away that look.

 

“Just the thought that you’re feeling like this, means that there is more to it than just getting it on. Trust me, unnie. You’ll be okay.”

 

*

 

“Hi, Beautiful!” Seulgi greets Eunae the second she steps out of the train. But the expression on Eunae’s face quickly worries Seulgi. “Wait- what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry, unnie, you sounded so busy.”

 

“Well, no I…” Seulgi automatically link their hands together as they made their way out of the terminal. “There were some ummm things I had to take care of.”

 

“Are they taken care of?”

 

“W-well sorta…ummm… I was wondering, ummm… Is it okay if we stay over in a hotel for this weekend?”

 

“Why? Unnie… you know I’m okay staying in your room.”

 

“Well… it’s just that I… I’m thinking of ummm…”

 

She turns to Eunae and instantly faltered at Eunae’s wondering eyes.

 

“There’s like a buffet there, that’s why.”

 

“Oh!” Eunae’s eyes just lit up at the thought of lines and lines of food. And Seulgi sighs in both relief and happiness.

 

*

 

“Did you like the buffet?”

 

Judging from Eunae’s happy nod, she just doesn’t like it, she LOVES it.

 

“I really love it, unnie. Thank you!” Eunae press a soft kiss on Seulgi’s kiss that still has that power to make Seulgi’s heart flutter.

 

After four rounds in the buffet line, where they earn stares from everyone on how two girls could eat this much they’re now back in their room, starfished in their queen size bed.

 

The room wasn’t some fancy penthouse suite, but it was just perfect for two of them with the queen size bed, the smart TV hanging on the wall and Eunae’s personal favorite, the balcony overlooking the river.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Seulgi faltered once again when she sees Eunae that close, her girlfriend just staring at her with those gorgeous eyes. And it came to a point now that Seulgi can’t even hold down her stare.

 

“You’re so beautiful,”

 

“You’re so beautiful too, unnie. Beautiful and too sweet, I’m the luckiest girl alive.” Eunae intertwines their fingers together before pulling it for a kiss.

 

“Not as lucky as I am.”

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Seulgi scoots closer, wrapping an arm around Eunae’s shoulders.

 

“I have a confession to make,” Eunae just blinked back and that was Seulgi’s signal to go on. “I really wasn’t reading fluttering feelings, I was ummm… reading what does the fox say.”

 

Seulgi sees Eunae just responding to her with a pursed lip as she holds in a laugh.

 

“I read ummm… third party too.”

 

“Oh, you did now?”

 

“Yeah, are you judging me?”

 

“Maybe…” Eunae kisses Seulgi on the tip of her nose. “And then?”

 

I was ummm…I was thinking of us,” Seulgi closes the gap, even more, pressing their foreheads together before letting out a sigh. “I really ummm… I want to ummm…”

 

But Seulgi should have known that Eunae was smarter than anything, pressing kisses along her neck and even if that was nothing new for them, with Eunae sometimes leaving kiss marks before she boards on the train, this feels entirely new.

 

Like feelings that were bound are starting to untangle. It still doesn’t make sense and Seulgi can’t still process it but she loves it, she loves Eunae’s lips on her. She was overcome with too much sensation that when it sinks in that Eunae’s long fingers are tiptoeing up her thigh, it made her shot up from the bed, almost headbutting her girlfriend’s pretty face.

 

“I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!”

 

“Unnie?” Eunae calls out but Seulgi is already far and gone as the last thing that Eunae hears is the click of the restroom door.

 

*

 

“Please pick up please pick up please pick up please- SEUNGWAN!”

 

“Seulgi?” Wendy groans from the other line. “Hey, I thought you’re with Eunae. Is everything okay?”

Seulgi can’t see Wendy’s face but she could imagine Wendy’s brows just going berserk in worry.

 

“I think we’re about to do it.”

 

“Do wha- Oh. It. Oh.”

 

“Yeah… ummm… we were like kissing in bed and then Eunae touch my-“

 

“She touched you there?!”

 

“N-no… she almost touched me there. She touched me on my thigh.”

 

It was quiet for a bit before Wendy speaks up again.

 

“Okay, so why are we talking right now, instead of you being with her?”

 

“Well… I kinda panic.”

 

“Kinda.”

 

“I run to the restroom. It’s just that… I don’t know what to do. I’m like where do I start? Do I touch her there, or do I touch her chest first? I don’t know Wan-ah… please help me. What do you do with Joohyun unnie?”

 

Seulgi is clearly panicking but it’s a good thing that Wendy is calmer in this situation.

 

“I think you’re overthinking the entire thing.”

 

“What?”

“I told you, it doesn’t have to be perfect, it’s both your first time. Use it to... well… get to kno-“

 

“Hold on, Wen,” Seulgi cuts her off. “Someone is calling… oh, it’s Eunae.”

 

Seulgi could hear Wendy facepalming from the other line.

 

“Look, deal with this Seul. You can do it. Hey- Hey- Hey Yeri give me that phone!”

 

“EAT THAT PUS-”

 

But before Yeri could air out what’s on her mind, Wendy had managed to steal the phone back.

 

“Eat that pie! Eat the pie… I mean like after you do it, you guys should eat pie. Pie is good.”

 

“Oh okay… Thank you. Maybe after?”

 

“Yes… yes… after… now go get your girl, buddy. BYE!”

 

*

 

“Oh, Eunae?”

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry for scaring you.”

 

“What? No… no… I’m not scared I…”

 

“Please come out so we could talk?”

 

“Okay…” Seulgi opens the door and Eunae is waiting by the doorway, with her back slump on the wall next to the restroom door.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“I’m really sorry I scared you, unnie… I really thought that it’s what you wanted-“ Eunae paused once again.

 

“I- I thought it is but ummm… I didn’t know I’m gonna freak out like this.”

 

Eunae’s entire expression was filled with so much hurt. A feeling that she might not be enough or there is someone else that Seulgi wants more than her.

 

“Oh.”

 

“I…I… It’s not you, I promise. Wait… no, it’s you.”

 

The expression of hurt only grew.

 

“I mean, you’re so beautiful, Eunae I don’t know what to do and it scares me.”

 

“I don’t know what to do either,” Eunae responded softly, her fingers reaching out for Seulgi. “But if you’re not ready, I could wait.”

 

“Are you? Are you ready?”

 

Eunae just nodded softly, “I wanted you so much, unnie. I just… I don’t know how to say it.”

 

Seulgi shifts closer to her, pressing her lips against Eunae to muffle any doubts or uncertainties that clouds Eunae’s mind. A kiss that tells Eunae how much she wants her. How much she needs her. How much she dreams of being one with her.

Eunae tugs Seulgi closer, pulling her closer and closer until Seulgi is a breath away from her, with her legs wrap around Eunae’s waist.

 

“Do you want me to-“ Eunae whispers in Seulgi’s ear, her hot breath sending shivers down Seulgi’s spine.

 

“Ummm… sh-should we go to the bed?”

 

Eunae cast her gaze downwards to hide her shy smile.

 

“Yes.”

 

*

 

It was an internal struggle between her mind and her senses now. Her mind getting on Seulgi for failing on the simple task. Get your together, Kang Seulgi! her brain screams at her as she was still on the second button on Eunae’s button down shirt. But her fingers are trembling so bad, she swore her nerves are worse than when she had to perform in front of thousands.

 

She pulls away and Eunae her sweetheart just whispers.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. I’ll do it.”

 

Seulgi lifted her gaze up and catches Eunae’s fingers shaking too as she s her own shirt. And maybe, maybe Eunae feels the same way she does.

 

Eunae’s fingers froze when Seulgi wraps her fingers around them. The younger girl looks up, just at the right time when Seulgi meets her gaze. Seulgi taking one gulp of breath before slowly undressing Eunae, button after button until Eunae is left in her black undershirt. Another breath as Seulgi tugs Eunae’s shirt off her head and just when Seulgi is about to take in a breath, she realizes she’s left taken aback as she stares Eunae’s gorgeous body.

 

And Seulgi finally figures out where the word breathtaking came from.

*

 

Oh my God, Eunae is freaking under me, and she’s so freaking hot! And Oh God… What do I do again? Her chest, right? Ummm yes… I should ummm-

 

“Baby?”

 

“Oh, hey baby.”

 

“A-are you sure, you want to do it?”

 

“Y-yes… I… could do it.”

 

Eunae slowly wraps her arms around Seulgi’s shoulders to pull her closer to her.

 

“Fighting…”

 

Well, that was hella y.

 

“Yes, fighting baby,” Eunae says before pressing a kiss on Seulgi’s lips. “I love you, baby.”

 

“I love you too, my baby.”

 

Seulgi had always been so proud of her fingers, but now that pride isn’t doing her . Her fingers tremble as it tiptoes downwards between Eunae’s thighs and she froze once again as she felt the wetness between her fingertips.

 

I could do this, I could…

 

But all her senses wavered when she sees Eunae visibly winced at the intrusion. It was supposed to be pleasurable, supposed to send shivers through Eunae’s spine in delight, not this. Maybe it’s just for the first part, but the more Seulgi explores the more she sees Eunae’s expression change into discomfort.

 

“I…I…I’m sorry.” Seulgi could only pull away, as her insecurities have gotten the best of her. Eunae is too beautiful and too perfect to have her first experience be nothing like this. She was ready to race out of there, but that’s more added humiliation than she’s already in, so she just moves away but before she could get off the bed, she felt Eunae’s arms wrap around her.

 

“Unnie,” Eunae moans softly in her ear.

 

“Eunae, I’m sorry for this.”

 

Her sweet girlfriend burrows her face on her shoulder. “For what?”

 

“I… they make it look so easy on TV and I can’t even.”

 

Eunae took her hand and Seulgi could only gulp as she places it between her chest. Seulgi takes a deep breath as she felt Eunae’s heart racing.

 

“Unnie, I wanted you for so long and now that we are here… I don’t know how to feel. I’m so nervous too, unnie. But please… touch me again.”

 

Eunae pleaded softly as she leads Seulgi’s fingers between her legs. Seulgi leans closer and lays her lips on Eunae’s forehead.

 

“D-does it feel better?” Seulgi asks as memorized the places that pulls Eunae in, the places that hinges her breath.

 

Eunae could only nod before smiling, before breathlessly whispering.

 

“Can I touch you too?”

To where she could only respond with a gasp as she takes Eunae’s hand and leads her to a place only meant for the girl she loves.

 

***

 

Holidays

 

Eunae cocked a brow, tilting her head to the side as she’s trying to make sense what her girlfriend is so giddy about.

 

“What am I looking at again?”

 

“A drone!” Seulgi squeals in delight. It made Eunae forgot that Seulgi is a year ahead of her. “Baby it’s a drone!”

 

“Okay…”

 

This was their first Christmas together. Seulgi begged and begged that Eunae spends Christmas with her in Seoul. Eunae’s idea of the perfect holiday is sipping hot chocolate at the warmth of her home, cuddling her teddy bear. But Seulgi of course has other ideas, and it was amusing for Eunae to see this side of Seulgi. Her girlfriend is genuinely obsessed with this season, hopping from store to store, dragging the defenseless Eunae with her. And Eunae’s plan of having a quiet Christmas, completely chucked out of the window.

 

“I want it. I need it.”

 

No. She doesn’t. No grown adult should ever need a drone.

 

“What for?”

 

“Well, when you’re back to your uni, I could watch you through my drone.”

 

Her girlfriend is kidding, right?

 

“The Last store we went to, you said you want that personal cotton candy machine.”

 

Seulgi sighs dramatically, it’s taking Eunae a lot not to roll her eyes. Seulgi’s eyes flitted back longingly at the drone just waiting for her. Her girlfriend somehow convinced that is going to work.

 


“Not as much as I want this drone.”

 

And yup she’s right.

 

And just because she’s whipped and is just helpless against that cute pout, Eunae picks up the box of drone earning another squeal from her girlfriend.

 

***

 

“What? You guys are a year already?”

 

“Wow… you’re longer than some Hollywood couples.”

 

“So, what are you guys planning to do?”

 

“Well… ummm… we were talking about going back to the beach for our first time.”

 

“UGH… the Feels…”

 

“The feels… save me from the feels.”

 

Yeri and Sooyoung like the jerks that they are, clutches tightly on their chests. The two let out some guttural moans sounding like they just got shot, and sometimes Seulgi wishes they would.

 

But then she caught sight of Wendy squeezed in the loveseat next to Joohyun. A proud smile curling at the edge of her lips and Seulgi couldn’t help but burst with pride too.

 

They all said it was tough, but if it’s with Eunae, then it’s worth it.

 

*

 

Seulgi wonders if she’ll ever get used to this.

 

Of messy kisses and tangled sheets.

 

Of arms and legs intertwining, of fingers coursing through dark hair.

 

Of fingers raking through the skin.

 

Of fingers plunging ferociously inside each other.

 

Seulgi wonders if she’ll ever get used to this.

 

Of Eunae’s breathing punctuated with I love you’s…

 

Of her own ragged breathing punctuated with I love you too’s.

 

“I’m close, baby.” Her hot breath lingering in Eunae’s ears before her girlfriend press a soft kiss on her forehead, before moving faster.

 

And Seulgi could only wonder if she’ll ever get used to this…

 

Of her body just surrendering itself to her baby’s caresses.

 

Of her beautiful girl showering her with kisses…

 

Of her Eunae pressing closer to her…

 

“Unnie?” Eunae asked her once her breathing turned normal again.

 

“Hmmm?” Seulgi answers with a contented smile. She turns to her girlfriend, Eunae’s hair had gotten longer now, all tousled to the side, eyes still hazy with their love. Seulgi knows there is nowhere in the world she would be looking at.

 

“Do you want to go to the beach later?”

 

Honestly, the beach is the last thing on Seulgi’s mind today.

 

“Maybe… I would rather be here with you, though.”

 

It’s been a year and she’s still filled with wonder if she will ever get used to loving Eunae. But from the looks of it, the clear answer is she won’t.

 

And somehow, she’s entirely satisfied with that.

 

*

 

 

Epilogue

 

It seems like nothing change when it still took Seulgi around an hour or so to pick the perfect flowers for her girlfriend. But it’s not like she’s buying it just because, this was a very special day as Eunae will finally graduate from college.

 

“She’s finally done.”

 

Seulgi could only turn to the bouquet of tulips in her hand before stealing a glance at the proud mother next to her. Seulgi had met with Eunae’s family on several occasions, even get to spend Christmas and Chuseok with them. They were all as quiet as Eunae but just as warm hearted. Eunae’s mom welcomes her to their home with a satisfying meal fit for any queen. It's quite clear to see where Eunae got her big heart from.

 

“Yes, she is.”

 

Eunae walks in the stage to receive her diploma and academic award, she could see Eunae’s parents even Eunae’s stoic father blinking away tears. Seulgi’s heart is bursting at the seams now as she watches in amazement at this perfect girl just stealing hearts.

 

“You raised an amazing daughter.”

 

Eunae’s mom turns to face her, the twinkle in her eyes oddly familiar and it’s not impossible to tell who Eunae got it from.

 

*

 

Seulgi barely made it over to Eunae, not when her whole crew just jumps on her in excitement. There is incessant chatting from every direction and Seulgi couldn’t even pick up what the conversation is about. But then she caught Eunae’s gaze from a couple of feet away, her beautiful girlfriend holding her gaze, so different from the Eunae a couple of years back who could barely last a second of eye contact.

 

“I love you.” Seulgi mouthed to her and Eunae tilts her head politely.

 

“I love you too,”

 

She manages to say before she narrowly escapes Minjae’s headlock.

 

*

 

“How come I'm not even surprised that you brought me here?”

 

Seulgi responded with a smile as she hears Eunae’s gentle laugh creating a perfect melody with the crashing waves. It was a song that Seulgi could listen to forever.

 

‘Of course, this is our place.” She tugs Eunae down to sit on the checkered blanket that she set out. Eunae easily complied while digging her toes under the sand.

 

“It is…” Eunae thanked Seulgi with a peck on the lips.

 

“I just had a crush on that hot lifeguard now I’m kissing her.”

 

“I just had a crush on that cute teddy bear on the beach; now I’m with her.”

 

They chuckle once again before their lips met for another kiss.

 

“So?”

 

“So?”

 

“What’s our plan now, Kang Seulgi?”

 

Seulgi sat quietly as she pondered on that question. During dinner tonight, the usual quiet Mr. Jo turned to her and asked her that same question.

 

“What are your plans now?”

 

And she couldn’t really blame him for asking. This is his princess that they are talking about. Seulgi mention to them before that she works as a choreographer in a small dance company. A job that Seulgi had to claw her way to get. And Eunae was there when Seulgi was sinking low after graduation, with no job prospects in sight Eunae was there.

 

She mentioned to them that she used to share an apartment with two other friends, but now she lives in a smaller place in midtown because she had Eunae in mind. It wasn’t a castle but Seulgi wouldn't hesitate on treating Eunae like her queen.

 

There were more plans, like Seulgi finding another job or if Eunae pursues a masters degree after.

 

But that’s all there is to it, they are just plans. Whether they’re gonna follow it or not, it’s really up to the universe now. Because as Seulgi could recall, when she went on that beach a few years back the last thing she plan to happen is to fall in love. But look at where she is now? Sitting right next to the beautiful girl she never thought she’ll ever ask out.

 

“I ummm… there’s a lot, but I don’t know if it’s gonna happen.”

 

Eunae replies back with a lovely smile, the one that doesn’t judge and doesn’t mind living in the unexpected.

 

“Whatever plans you have in mind, unnie. I’m up for it. Do you know how to swim now?”

 

“Of course, I’m dating a lifeguard.”

 

“Former lifeguard.” Eunae corrected. “Then, c’mon.”

 

Seulgi almost forgets how strong Eunae is, until she pulls her up in one tug.

“Where are we going?”

 

“You’re going to show me your swimming skills.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi objects, it might not be winter season but that water might be freezing right now. But Eunae is still convince as she leads Seulgi closer and closer to the water. “That’s not part of the plan.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to let my girlfriend drown.”

 

Seulgi scoffs before their lips meet in a tender kiss. Just when Seulgi is getting lightheaded from their kiss, a splash of cold water quickly tempered her fervor down.

 

“Yah Jo Eunae!”

 

She didn’t even get a chance to retaliate when Eunae already went on with her second assault making Seulgi shiver from the freezing waters. Eunae was quick to apologize as soon as she sees Seulgi shaking, giving her sweet pecks on the lips as her form of apology.

 

And if you ask Seulgi, this wasn’t part of her plan.

 

They were supposed to just cuddle and kiss under the stars before making love all night.

 

This. The splashes, the loud laugh, the hugging and kissing while they're soaked to the bone was not how Seulgi imagine tonight will be.

 

But if there is one thing that Seulgi learned from falling in love with Eunae, is that to welcome the unexpected.

 

And life might have taken some wicked turns and threw some curveballs her way, but all Seulgi had to do is look at the girl of her dreams and she perfectly knew that she doesn’t regret a thing.

 

THE END

 

Did you guys made it to this part? If you did and even if you didn't I want to say thank you so much for reading this fic about the fluffiest ship alive. Until now Diggy is life. hehehe Thank you for bearing with me through slooooowwww updates and grammars and all that. And thank you authorshii... lmao...  this fic that started from one of those what ifs scenarios is finally done. hehehe. 

 

Today is also Sonamoo's 3rd year anniversary so Congrats to this beautiful girls hehehe.. Please support these talented ladies, they are amazing.  #3rdanniversarysonamoo