Epilogue: Kyuhyun

Better Late Than Never

        Kyuhyun was a man of the night. He enjoyed the peace and quiet that accompanied the world shrouded in darkness. He often had his best ideas and deepest thoughts during his night time strolls, and this day was no different. Kyuhyun laid on his hotel bed, rotating his phone around in his hands. Despite being a very busy day, he knew he wasn't falling asleep anytime soon. Frustrated, he hopped off the bed and left the room. Maybe he could hang out in Yesung’s room. Always doing a million things at once, the fellow main singer was a reliable source of entertainment.


    The hallway was dimly lit, and Kyuhyun quickly padded down the carpeted floor, barefoot. He was just about to turn the corner when he heard something. It sounded like groaning, like someone was in pain. He froze in his tracks. Slowly retracing his steps, he listened for the sounds to direct him, but he didn't have to go far. 
    The door he had just passed was cracked open ever so slightly, just enough for light to shine through. Silent as the night itself, he crouched as if to hide his espionage and peered in, and what he saw surprised him. Stood in the middle of the room were two figures, both unmistakably male, wrapped in a tight embrace. He smiled as a wave of nostalgia crashed over him, remembering the nights he and Heechul had spent together when they were just rookies. He was just about to step away and give the two their privacy when one of the men shifted so that the moonlight behind him revealed his identity. Kyuhyun did a double take, but his eyes had not deceived him; it was Leeteuk. His mouth actually opened in disbelief. 
    Kyuhyun watched the silhouette of his hyung move and grasp at the other man. He couldn't believe that Leeteuk, of all members, was one of the ones that messed around with men. But who was this mystery man? Kyuhyun, being the sly maknae that he was, just had to find out. Who would come to this hotel this late at night for Leeteuk? He then realized that he had skipped over the most likely culprit of all: one of the other members. Just as he had the sinking realization of which member was most probable, the two moved so that the mystery man's face was bathed in the moonlight. 
    He didn't want to believe it, but his immediate instinct was right; there he was, Kim Heechul in all his milky white glory, clearly and passionately making out with Super Junior’s leader. 
    Kyuhyun’s heart raced, and in a quick heartbeat, his face was flushed bright red. He watched the younger man whisper something into Leeteuk’s ear, and saw him nod vigorously. Heechul began to rub the man's crotch and that was it for Kyuhyun. How long had he been watching them? Did anyone notice? These thoughts danced in the back of his mind, but his attention was focused elsewhere; for some reason, he felt such a deep sadness. 
He ran back to his room.
    What was wrong with him? This kind of thing was fairly common among the members of Super Junior, and they all knew it. He quickly but silently closed and locked the door behind him before climbing into bed and curling into the fetal position. He felt so… hurt. He replayed the image of Heechul passionately kissing and touching Leeteuk and the tears he didn't realize he was holding in finally ran down his face. All of the memories of the passion filled nights he spent with Heechul so many years ago came at him and felt like a dagger in his back. He couldn't admit it to himself, not yet, but the truth was, Kyuhyun was jealous of Leeteuk. He cried himself to sleep that night, and he dreamt of Heechul. 


TO BE CONTINUED