Realization

Better Late Than Never


        It was the night of Super Camp in Tokyo, and Super Junior was in their van, on the way back to the hotel after a long day of activities. Many of the members had fallen asleep, with their heads resting on each other like fallen dominoes, except for a few. Kyuhyun stared at his laptop; he always became completely engrossed with starcraft the moment a second of time was freed up, and light from the screen revealed his classic expression of focus and wonder. Yesung was also awake, furiously typing and sending emails about his quickly approaching solo comeback. 
        Leeteuk was also awake, but for a completely different reason. In fact, he was staring out the window at the brightly lit moon, deep in thought, reflecting on the day's performance. It was no secret that he loved the pepero game- where one of the members puts a pocky stick in their mouth and, with another member at the other end, bites closer and closer along the snack until one of them backs away. 
        Or, until their lips touch. 
        You see, Leeteuk loved the ELF fandom. Taking fanservice very seriously, he would easily be ready and willing to kiss any of the members without feeling uncomfortable. He struggled to suppress a giggle that rose as he thought of his encounter with Ryeowook. To be completely honest, he actually enjoyed the provocative nature of the attention it garnered, utterly captivating their audience. While the other members were cringing in disgust, fear, innocent nervousness (or in Yesung’s case, laughing hysterically) Leeteuk would close his eyes, wrap his arms around whichever other member was involved, and never backed down first. Come to think of it, there was really only one other member that consistently held the same disposition. Leeteuk looked down to admire his dongsaeng of 9 days, who laid with his head and upper body sprawled across Leeteuk’s lap. He felt Heechul’s slow rhythmic breathing classic of deep slumber, and gently brushed back the long blonde bangs that covered Heechul’s face. Leeteuk enjoyed watching Heechul sleep, as he rarely- if ever- saw the callous man so vulnerable and without the defense of sarcasm and wicked humor that he was famous for.
Heechul had always been a very ually provocative person, and at this point, it was one of his most defining characteristics, not only as a member of Super Junior, but as a public figure. Leeteuk knew this, and always went along with it because he knew the fans took a liking to Super Junior’s 2 eldest members as a pair….
        But was the fanservice the really the only reason? Because tonight, Leeteuk felt something different. Of course, the showy, provocative atmosphere was there, but there was a taste of something else. Something he couldn't describe… this time, there was something... electric, in Heechul's touch. That irresistible smirk, when he turned away from Kangin, and sauntered over with the pocky stick held casually between his teeth. There was just such an earnest hunger to their painfully brief interaction. Of course, nothing was outwardly or observably different about this particular performance but there was an honesty surrounding Heechul that he hadn't noticed before. Leeteuk couldn't tell if this was his imagination gone wild, paranoia acting up, or if there was truly something more going on. But then, what if there really wasn't anything different about this time? What did it say about himself, that he was even thinking such things to begin with? These questions and confusions swirled around Leeteuk’s head, and he was wide awake. 
        Leeteuk had always noticed how staggeringly beautiful Heechul was. The entire fandom did. The fact that Leeteuk had quite a bit of work done was also well known and commonly accepted, and while he was generally happy with his appearance, deep down, he felt it wasn't genuine and natural like Heechul's- but he was honestly at peace with that, and it never really bothered him. He maintained his gaze. As he watched his achingly beautiful dongsaeng deep in slumber, he noticed that he felt no jealousy, the way Donghae and Siwon sometimes made him feel, and that confused him. In fact, the only times he felt jealousy with respect to Heechul, was when Heechul started getting close to, and spending time with other people. Leeteuk assumed it was because of how protective he was over the group, because he felt it was largely his responsibility to lead the group and promote unity as Super Junior. While he was definitely wary of any of the members getting too involved with other projects or people outside of SJ, he was never personally jealous… With the exception of Heechul. 
        In that moment, he realized that he always did see Heechul in a different way than the other members. He was intrigued by this revelation and assumed it had to do with the fact that they were basically the same age, and it often got tiresome and lonely for Leeteuk to always be referred to with honorifics by the members. But, thinking about it now, that definitely wasn't the only reason Leeteuk felt most comfortable with Heechul. Mesmerized by his beauty, Leeteuk suddenly reached out and began to caress Heechul’s bare arm. Illuminated by moonlight, Heechul’s milky white skin was iridescent, his ashy blonde locks and dark black roots like cascades of a waterfall. Peacefully relaxed in slumber, Heechul was positively radiant. Leeteuk still had trouble comprehending that this was his best friend, and his heart began to flutter. 
        What Leeteuk didn't know was that Heechul was actually, in fact, awake. He was physically exhausted from the performance, but similar to Leeteuk, he could not stop his racing mind. Of course, he had completely skipped the part of confusion- Heechul knew exactly how he felt, seeing as he had done a lot more than just mess around with other guys before. The other members were aware of it; it just wasn't really talked about. He also knew that SM wouldn't approve of homoual activity outside of obvious fanservice, but of course that didn't stop him from partaking in it (after all, this is Kim Heechul we’re talking about). He didn’t openly talk about it not out of shame, but for the sake of simplicity and comfort. 
        All whilst Leeteuk was sorting through his uncertainty, Heechul was just replaying that one moment from the pepero game over and over in his mind. The moment when Leeteuk's lips touched his own. Was it messy? Yes. VERY public AND documented? Also yes. Witnessed by other members? Definitely. It was messy and chocolate and pocky filled, but it was also awesome. In that one moment, Heechul felt like he was alone, with Leeteuk, in that giant stadium. He remembered every moment of the interaction. The way Leeteuk's arm began to wrap around his neck, and how it caught him off guard because he was looking in the other direction at Yesung, who told them to "do it seductively." Yeah. Like we’d do it any other way, Heechul thought. Like Leeteuk, Heechul also noticed the difference in this interaction. It was seductive right from the moment he turned from Kangin and set eyes on Super Junior’s leader. Leeteuk looked y as all hell and Heechul definitely noticed. He thought of the way the group sweatshirt sleeves were pushed up to expose Leeteuk’s forearms, how his worn, red flannel clung lazily to his hips. Heechul almost started thinking about all of the filthy things he wanted to do to Leeteuk, but stopped himself before the wild and graphic fantasies he knew he was capable of forming in just a matter of minutes would take his arousal past the point of concealability. There had been many times he felt a serious ual attraction and desire for Leeteuk. He momentarily remembered every time they performed bonamana, and the thrill he felt when they came back to back. He almost smiled, but for some reason, felt the need to maintain the facade of sleep. 
        And thank god he did.  
        He knew it was Leeteuk's hand the moment it touched him, and not just because it was the only person who could realistically reach him there in the van. Heechul's heart nearly stopped, and completely took off when Leeteuk started rubbing him. It wasn’t like this was anything new; they were no strangers to skinship- the REAL kind- especially with each other. But this… this was somehow different.
        At any other time, Heechul would've just enjoyed the physical contact with his hyung. Leeteuk began to run his fingers through Heechul’s messy hair with one hand, while the others began to caress other parts of Heechul’s body. Nothing explicitly ual, just places that might be strange if Leeteuk thought Heechul was awake; the crook of his neck, the tip of his nose, his characteristic wide eyelids. Because Heechul had actually fallen asleep at the beginning of the drive, his t shirt had hiked up and was exposing his waist and lower ribcage. Splayed across Leeteuk’s legs and lap, Leeteuk was in a perfectly position to access Heechul's torso. He caressed the man’s side, and felt where his ribs peeked through because of the stretched position, the planes of his lower stomach that rose and fell with Heechul's faux steady breathing. The touches felt so good, and Heechul felt a release of adrenaline, fueling the thrilling sensations.
    Beyond the deep that had been building between the two for so many years, Heechul considered that perhaps Leeteuk's action was a physical acknowledgement confirming their internal desires. Heechul could just feel Leeteuk watching and admiring his face, as he had the intimate feeling of being stared at. Heechul hoped that Leeteuk didn't notice, but his body began to react to the lust that was rising to the surface of his mind, as it began to arise something else along with it. He was to begin with, because as it turns out, Heechul had actually just had a very ually explicit dream, starring Leeteuk, just a few days ago. Now waking up with that same man, touching and caressing him, while his head was directly resting on Leeteuk’s crotch? Oh, how longed to just sit up and straddle his hyung, rip off his clothes and shove his tongue in-
No. You can't do this here. Not now, Heechul thought. As he tried to focus on his breathing, he felt himself flush pink with blush, which was a new experience for him. He was a man who was ashamed of nothing and pretty much couldn't be embarrassed. (Anything he did that could be considered embarrassing, he did out loud, in public and on purpose). This feeling was new to him, which only made his heart race faster, to the point where he no longer felt the physical exhaustion that had only moments ago claimed his body.         
        As the two men sat in their own respective spheres of introspection, Leeteuk continued to watch Heechul's face and, in a momentary flash of moonlight, thought he saw Heechul blushing.