Bodyguards

Studying Abroad

 

▬▬▬▬ chapter six  BODYGUARDS ▬▬▬▬-

( taecyeon )

As I stormed out of the bakery, thoughts swirled in my head.

She's been my best friend for years. Nine, to be exact.

Is she seriously dumping me for some gayyy wad that doesn't deserve her?

Jaebeom grabbed my arm. "Dude, you need to chillll. It's just a girl. You said so yourself, she's only a friend. You're not dating her."

Oh wait... I'm not dating her. "She still shouldn't completely dump me for someone I told her to stay away from!"

"That's true. But she likes him, it up." Jaebeom smacked me on the back once again. I felt my shoulders sag and I pulled the scarf away from my face.

"I hate lifeeeee!" I shouted to the world, and to the freaked-out ahjumma's looking this way. "WHY, APOLLO, WHY?"

Jaebeom stared, mouth an O. I looked back at what he was looking at. A mob of school girls rushed up to me and Jaebeom, holding onto our arms and shoving signature pads to us.

"TAECYEON OPPA, you're so HOOOOT!" they yelled, flinging themselves at me.

I groaned. Why wasn't Chaerin like this?

-

( next morning ; Chaerin )

"You know, you remind me of that one minion in Despicable Me," Jonghyun asked, smiling at me. We'd taken the same route to campus as yesterday. With the insistance of Key, I was wearing a ruffled romper-y thing and a pair of wedges. We had four body guards surrounding us, not giving us the least bit of privacy. They all wore matching black suits and snazzy shades.

"Dave?!" I asked, offended. "Do I really look like a yellow piece of booger?"

Jonghyun laughed. "You're just as cute as him! But Viktor is probably the best super villain alive."

I blushed and fiddled with my hair. "Whaaaat? You're a Viktor fan?! Gru all the way!"

"Viktor deserves it. He's smoothh. Like me," he winked. I see why so many fans fawned over him. He's so dang attractive, with the big muscular arms, the perfect jaw line, charming words...

Wow, ert much, Chaerin! This guy is a tool. TOOL.

Some girls pointed, opening their phones to take pictures.

A bodyguard raised his hand at her. "No photography."

"You know, Chaerin," Jonghyun started out to say. "I think that Taecyeon guy likes you."

I froze inside and looked away from him. "What? Psh, not at all. He's like a brother."

"?" Jonghyun shrugged, hiding a smile. Even the stoic body guards laughed.

"Good one, Mr. Kim," one of them saluted.

Leaning into Jonghyun, I whispered, "Is it just me, but are these guys like taking hardcore notes and recording all of our conversation?"

"Probably are," he whispered back. “Creepers.”

"We hear you, Mr. Kim and Ms. Lee," another one added. "All notes are being sent back to Mr. Yoon."

Jonghyun patted him on the back. He nodded seriously and gave his award-winning smile. "Good work, man."

To me, he turned and whisper-screamed, "ACT CASUAL!"

"We can hear you," they repeated. I felt like we were in some thrilling action movie that our every move was being watched. Or us being just being plain stalked. If only Leonardo Di Caprio was here…

Jonghyun made a face at me, his perfect features looking my way.

Leonardo Di Caprio has nothing on this guy.

"Mr. Yoon gave strict orders for what you guys do," they offered in the same, robotic voice.

"Oh my god..." I said, scrunching into Jonghyun. He gave me the 'look', glancing pointedly at a glass door we were reaching at the campus.

"RUN FOR IT!!!!" he screamed, grabbing my wrist and sprinting. The bodyguards swiftly surged on behind us. "Mr. Kiiim! Ms. Leeeee!" they called.

Man, wedges were not the most practical shoes here.

We reached the glass hut and climbed into the elevator. Panting, we both laughed and laughed at our ridiculous situation.

"...Did you... seee... the... bodyguard's... face...?" Jonghyun asked in a breathless voice. We waited for the elevator to rise.

I nodded, unable to catch my breath. "Who’s Mr. Yoon?”

Jonghyun was staring out the glass door, stepping into the elevator “He’s my manager. Mr. Yoon basically controls my life.”

“That , that he makes all your decisions and everything for you…” I said slowly, regaining my composure. Nodding, Jonghyun seemed to lean into me, almost like he was going to kiss me. His eyes fluttered shut.

For a second I felt like letting it happen, like a relationship’s first kiss.

But then I remembered: He’s my fake boyfriend.

What’re we doing?!

Ohhhhh .

DIVERSION!

 Whipping out my phone, I pretended to check the time on my phone.

9:57?!?!

“Oh , three minutes!” Jonghyun read my mind, seeming unfazed by my obvious rejection. “My professor’s gonna be pissed…”

“So’s mine! I was like 30 minutes late to that class yesterday, I can’t get any more tardies or I’m screwed,” I explained, pressing my floor button again. I felt like we’ve been going up for forever!

A horrible thought struck me.

“Do… Do you think we’re moving?” Jonghyun asked, reading my face of shock.

The elevator siren started ringing.

 “No. This can’t be happening,” I yelled over the siren. “Call 911!!”

Jonghyun chuckled. “Don’t worry, it’s probably just some dumb malfunction. They’ll have us out soon. Have you ever seen Secret Garden?”

“What?” I raised an eyebrow, ignoring him. He went on and on about like claustrophobia, Hyun Bin, switching bodies, blah, blah, blah. I was more worried about our safety! Life or death situation! Trapped in an elevator, we could run out of oxygen and just breathe in carbon dioxide and die! I was banging on the door when Jonghyun started to flip out.

Jonghyun started coughing, his face turning really red. He took a breath, but it didn’t seem to fill his lungs. He leaned against the corner of the elevator and started to sink to the floor.

“Oh my God! Jonghyun!” I cried, getting on my knees. He gave a sidelong glance, eyes slowly closing.

“…Chaerinah…” he choked out.

Panic washed over me. His perfect face, perfect body, perfect voice… Died in front of me. Oh my God. Saying my name.

“Jonghyun!!!! Oh my god!!!!” I yelled, shaking his body viciously. “Carbon Dioxide poisoning!! I’m gonna die with you!!! NO!!!”

He sat straight up and brushed himself off. At my face, he asked, “What?”

“WHAT THE HELL!?” I screamed, scrabbling to touch his face. “You-carbon dioxide-died-what?!”

Jonghyun started laughing. “What’re you talking about? I told you I was gonna reenact the scene from Secret Garden.”

What? Secret Garden?

“Yeah, you know Hyun Bin faints in the elevator ‘cause he’s claustrophobic, after switching bodies with Gil Laim…” He explained, looking at me funny. “I already explained this to you!”

I laughed nervously. “Ha… Yeah… Right…” I fixed my hair and stood up again.

Jonghyun started to laugh, clutching his stomach and giving it his all. “You…” he gasped, “actually believed me!” He laughed hard, the beautiful sound filling the elevator.

“You’re such a freak,” I said, pouting. “I hate you.” Crossing my arms, I looked away.

Jonghyun stood in front of me, smiling. “You’re so cute when you’re mad.”

“What?”

“You’re cute. And I’m not just saying that because I’m your fake boyfriend,” he said, getting into that y voice range I really, really started to like…

“Uhh… Thanks,” I managed, su»ddenly very aware of my crinkled shorts and probably messed up hair.

“You’re welcome…” whispered Jonghyun, about 2 centimeters from my lips.

 

BAM!

 A crowbar jammed between the metal doors. We both jumped away from each other. A firefighter pried it open, saying, “Jeez, that stupid tough door…” The firefighter’s eyes grew wide at us.

“Hah… Hi,” Jonghyun offered. “Thank you for opening the door…”

“You’re very welcome, Mr. Jonghyunssi!” he shook his hand. “My daughter is in love with you! Could I have your autograph?” the friendly firefighter took out a pad of paper.

“Uh, sure,” Jonghyun said awkwardly, signing and handing it back to the old man.

I stood next to him, trying not to feel weird. People that were passing by took pictures with their cellphones.

Now I see why we needed bodyguards…

▬▬▬▬ authors  n o t e ▬▬▬▬

This was a really sort of random chapter, with a Secret Garden parody and creepy bodyguards...

I wrote this as like a short scene, and it ended up being 1,360 words long!! 

I didn't even know I wrote soooo much, so I divided chapter six in half, so chapter seven will be out pretty soon! 

And did you know, that I wrote 10,000 words for this story?!?!?

that's a freaken RECORD.

Thanks to the people who stayed on with me while this went under some major surgery! I LURVE ME SUBSCRIBERS:D

 

SUBSCRIBE; COMMENT; LOVE<3