Blind

Studying Abroad

▬▬▬▬ chapter four BLIND ▬▬▬▬

-

I stared at him. "Be your fake girlfriend?" Even the thought of it made me blush.

Jonghyun widened his eyes to plead. "Please. We're gonna have to have a giant scandal about it; can't we just come clean?"

"The thing is, "clean" is that we don't know each other at all, and I'm just your apartment neighbor," I snapped harshly. As soon as I said it, I wanted to take it back.

"S-Sorry. I don't know what I was thinking to ask that from you," Jonghyun retracted suddenly, looking disappointed and sad. He ran a hand through his hair as he neared the door to unlock it, hearing dozens of cameramen and reporters talking and asking to open the door.

I felt guilty. I was in Korea, going to college, had nothing else to do... What was wrong with taking a boyfriend? "Jonghyun, wait--"

Jonghyun unlocked and swung open the door. Cameras flashed and journalists yelled his name.

"I'm sorry, it was just a misunderstanding!" Jonghyun yelled to the press. "She's just my--"

I sprinted and smoothly stood by him, taking a deep breath to talk. Jonghyun stared at me incredulousy, then gave me the tiniest smile. "I'm his girlfriend."

-

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Jonghyun shouted, hugging me like crazy. "You have no idea how much that meant to me!"

I tried to pry myself away from Jonghyun. "No problem. But what's gonna happen?"

Jonghyun thought in the deserted classroom after having all the paparazzi leave. "We'll have to get our story straight. I met you at the grocery store."

"That's cheesyy. I met you at a club," I snorted.

"Then you sound like some with a one night stand and you're pregnant so I have to take care of you," Jonghyun waved that idea off. "What about I met you in a bookstore?"

"Hm... Then we sound like smart and sophisticated people!" I clapped at his idea, but then frowned. "Too bad you're a ."

Jonghyun looked hurt. "That's a great start to our relationship, Chaerin!" he screeched. "I thought you were a nice girl!"

My face turned red. I was acting like he was Taecyeon.

Oh . Taecyeon.

At that moment, Jonghyun answered a phone call with screaming on the other line.

"I'm sorry, hyung, I just couldn't hold back. I love her!" he said into the phone. Woah. Getting a little deep. "Yeah, I know she's pretty," he smiled to himself. "Don't tell the boys, they'll FREAK."

I got a series of text messages within the matter of seconds.

[ AASDKHFADSKJFAFJSKADFJSA. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?

[ What happened noona? You and Jonghyun? ...Was it Danbi? -taeminnieee ]

[ HULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. -;D onew ]

[ god, you guys are such liars. jonghyun's a , right? -minho ]

The last one I didn't want to open, but I pressed OK, and braced myself.

[ THE . -taecyeon ok ]

 Another came in.

[ im coming RIGHT NOW. -taecyeon ok ]

Jonghyun peeked over my shoulder. "Who's that?" he squinted, trying to grab my phone. I wrestled it away from him, giggling. Jonghyun finally caught my hand, yelling 'AHA!' in triumph.

"You know him?" he said, surprised. "Wait, how--"

The door bust open.

Taecyeon.

-

"How'd you know?" I squirmed, being scrutinized by Jonghyun and Taecyeon.

Taecyeon squinted his eyes into slits. "I saw the news. How do you know him?"

Jonghyun bust in the conversation. "I met her last night, and I walked her to school. I decided I really liked her."

I gave him a look. We weren't supposed to tell the truth to friends?

Oh wait. He didn't know we were friends.

"How do you know HIM?" Jonghyun asked me pointedly. He was holding on to my hand protectively. This dude can ACT.

"I--" Taecyeon started, and made a face. "I've known her my entire life. I've really liked her since the first time I saw her."

I tripped over my breath. ONE, Jonghyun was staring at me like I was a traitor. TWO, Taecyeon likes me?!

-

( taecyeon )

I was unable to believe myself. Did I just say I liked her?

Laughing, I said, "I-I was completely kidding." I tried to avoid Chaerin's eyes. "Me, like Chaerin? Gag me." I felt my face redden as Chaerin stared at me.

Jonghyun just helped Chaerin off a desk and gripped her hand tightly. "Well I'm glad that you're BLIND, and can't see how amazing she is."

To my amazement, Chaerin didn't turn back to make a snarky comment to me, or give me a nasty face. She just gave me an.. annoyed look?

Just before they left I door, I grabbed Chaerin's wrist. "Are you serious right now? Apollo Ohno? Gay, SHINee, narcissistic retard?"

Her face told me to let go.

"Are YOU serious right now? Best friend? Player, 2PM, erted retard that steals girls?"

-

( key )

THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING.

Right there, in front of my eyes, was Jonghyun and Chaerin holding hands.

They actually were really cute. ...Get that thought out of here, mind!

"Reallyyy, guys?" I said. "Chaerin, there are soooo many better guys than HIM."

Taemin interjected, "Goshh, even Minho's better than Jonghyun. WHY?"

Jonghyun and Chaerin ran through the whole story, releasing hands.

"So you actually are FRIENDS with 2pm?" Onew asked, incredulous. "Why didn't you tell us!"

Minho narrowed his eyes at Chaerin. "Then how can we trust you?"

"I-I," Chaerin stuttered, looking awkwardly away.

"GROUP MEETING!"

( a few seconds later, with chaerin vacated )

"What if she tells 2PM about our stuff and like, tries to ruin us?" Minho persuaded. "She could completely manipulate US for the bad people."

"That is SO not true, it's alll 2PM's fault. They completely rigged the awards. Seriously, Best Dance of the Year was I'll Be Back?" Jonghyun agreed, scratching his head. "But I can't like, "break up" with her; I just released to the press."

Taemin flipped through his iPhone at the newsfeed. "People are saying you guys are super cute."

"Jonghyun's had so many girls, it's just all the same to me," Onew said, shaking his head. "Poor Chaerin, she's gonna be in a few days."

They saw her shift outside the door. Chaerin was waiting for their decision.

"I have to say, I'm so friggin jealous. She's gonna fall in love with you in no time," I sighed. Why didn't any girls like me? Ouch.

I could see the lightbulb flash in Minho's head and Jonghyun's simutaneously. "If she falls for me, there's no way she'd tell on me to her bestie Taecyeon," Jonghyun said slowly, idea bubbling up in his mind.

"Jonghyun's has the charm just so she'll fall for him, head over heels. For sure," Minho grinned. "Get the magic working, Jonghyun."

▬▬▬▬ author's n o t e ▬▬▬▬

Thank you for all the new subscribers!!! I recieved a tonn more than I expected!:D thanks guys:3 I hope you like this chapter!
yes, SHINee's a ! fosho. hahah:)

SUBSCRIBE ; COMMENT ; LOVE<3

 

PS. sorry for the update thing I probably sent the subscribers; i wanted to make it look nice! thank you also for the new subscribers and views:D

DECEMBER 8 2010

(I will update sooon! hopefully.)