Reunited

Studying Abroad

 

▬▬▬▬ chapter one REUNITED ▬▬▬▬

As I dragged myself off to the luggage section in Incheon International Airport, I saw a figure walking cooly towards me.

"Seriousy, Taec? Tryinta be too cool for me?" I grinned, giving him a tacklehug. "Did you miss meeee?"

He smirked, grabbing the handle of my bag. "I've always been too cool, Chaerin, and you know it."

Ok Taecyeon, best friend since middle school. Dork since he was born. And now, member of a gay boyband? I grabbed at his stomach, expecting to feel flab. "Holy snot, Ok Taecyeon has abs?"

Taecyeon gave me a headlock, growling, "Don't say my name in public!" He peeked at me under his sunglasses, and fixed his hat tighter around his head. Some girls started whispering and pointing at us.

I snorted. "Whyyy, all of your fans are gonna come running up and screaming?"

"Well, yeah, be quiet!" Taecyeon whispered, hauling me away from all the people staring.

"No one can understand Englishh!" Brushing off the few looking at us funny, I started, "My name is Lee Chaerin, I'm from the University of Boston and I'm best friends with a member of a boyband. How exciting is that? His name is--"

Rolling his eyes, he dragged me off into a car with a hand over my mouth. "Shut up! God, I missed you like hell, and now... Grah." Taecyeon started the engine, eyeing me in his creepy way. "Well, you've changed since last year... ish."

"Ish? Are you saying I'm uglyyy?" I pouted, doing a typical Korean pose.

Taecyeon sighed, but started laughing."Oh hellll yeah, you're TRIFLIN," he jaunted, grinning at the word. "I bet all of 2PM are gonna fight to get away from youuu!"

"2PM?" I laughed. "I think I've seen like one of your music videos, dude, now that's triflin'."

"Wow, that got me, right in here," he joked, pointing at his heart. "Which onee? Heartbeat? Again and Again?"

"How would I remember!" I said, even though I'd seen every single one of his music videos and listened to all his albums. What, he was my best friend, I couldn't leave him hanging... Even though he wouldn't know.

Taecyeon frowned. "Che, whatever. Why would I care about a boring college girl like you!"

"Ouch, that hurts, Taec. All Korean bands are gay."

He started to say something, but stopped. "...Okay, I can't defend that. But whatever."

I laughed, making him grin as he pulled into an underground parking lot. "Are there any hot guys you've been jamming with in your band?"

"Ew, no!" Taecyeon pouted and led me to the elevator. "Are you calling me gay? I hate you."

"I love you too," I grinned, pushing the elevator sign to floor number 7.

"Hey, that's my floor too. I knew you were the same apartment complex..."

"I'm room 436."

"Room 437."

"HULL."*

-

"So guys, this is my best friend Lee Chaerin," Taecyeon introduced me, forcing me to bow. He had a steel grip on my arm, and pretty much gave me an evil glance whenever I tried to let go.

They all stared, some smiling and some making awkward eye contact. "Heyy," I tried to say casually, but it was no use. They stared as if I was a mutant from Jupiter.

"She's really stupid. And don't ever introduce her to your girlfriend, she'll knock her outt," Taecyeon started, elbowing me. I gave him my hate glare, kicking the back of his knee.

The short, pale one stuck his hand out. "You're cute," he said, while shaking mine. "I'm Jaebeom."

"Ohh, English?" I grinned. Taecyeon karate chopped our hands away.

"Biggest player ever," he said, completely ignoring Jaebeom.

"Heyheyheyyy," Jaebeom winked at me. "Whenever you're lonely..."

"I'm available too," another boy grinned, with a thick accent. Junsu.

Taecyeon stared at them. "Seriously? Chaerin? Ew. Not on my life."

"Me neither, retard!" I shouted, punching him on the arm. "!"

"Fiesty," Jaebeom grinned. "Hahah I'm kidding, don't worry. You're gonna live next to us?"

I nodded. "Howdy, neighbor!" Junho (I know from my research) patted me on the back.

"There's one thing we have to tell you about before we let you go," Nichkhun, the cute one smiled as he spoke in Korean.

Chansung looked dark as he said, "SHINee."

"Jonghyun."
"Taemin."
"Minho."
"Onew."
"Key."

"If some gay people come up to you and try to hit on you, pull a slap and run," Jaebeom directed, putting an arm around me.

Taecyeon put his hand around my waist, pulling me away from Jaebeom slightly. "Remember? The gay ones!" he started singing off pitch, "ring ding dong ring ding dong dinggg!"

"Oh, they live here?"

Wooyoung wrinkled his nose. "Yeah, room 435."

"What's so bad about them?"

Junsu snickered. "Taecyeon pissed them off once, and ever since they've been ing on us and trying to play pranks."

"Be careful, if they find out you're Taecyeon's friend, you're screwed."

-

I was in my new apartment, stretching out on my bed after a while of talking to 2PM. They were funny, but none could really beat Taecyeon.

...A confession: He'd been my crush since... ever. He was tall, funny, and a nice guy. Of course, he's a retard and doesn't know. Still. After like 1348912375 jillion years.

Knock knock.

Sighing, I went to the door. It was probably Taec, gonna talk to me about whatever. I swung open the door, and saw unfamiliar faces.

"Happy welcome to our floor, noona!" a high-pitched voice sang, all five of the strangers busting in my room. One took my hand and sat me down at my table, babbling on and on about whatever. Another had plopped on my couch, hastily snatching the remote and flipping through channels. Two were exploring my refridgerator, opening and smelling tons of tupperware containers. The last one yelled, "Guys! We have to introduce ourselves first~"

"Our name is SHINee!" they all shouted at once, setting a cake on my table and grinning.

"What the HELL?"

▬▬▬▬ a u t h o r ' s n o t e ▬▬▬▬

dear readers! sorry, this was really crappy:/ especially the forward. but whatever; all my writing is:/ hahaha. awwhh but I hope you liked it!! subscribe and comment!