Temperature

You're My Doctor

"Is there anything I can do to make him leave me alone? Help me and I promise to do your check-ups if you want, but his presence here makes me feel weird."

 

"Nothing I can do for you sorry. The only way you might be able to make him go away is to accept his advances, but he's taking it slow with you from what I can see so you'll have to wait for that opportunity. " he laughed, turning down the man's offer. 

 

"For 's sake..." the Doctor sweared under his breath, sighing once again. 

 

A light from his phone lit his phone with his assistant's name, making the older glance at Sehun before answering, a finger raised to his lips in a sign to keep quiet, to which he nodded.

 

"Hello?....Didn't we go last week?... I know I promised but-... Sorry... Ok.... I know...Now?... " the man answered with short sentences, trying not to give away too much to the other, but as Joonmyun entered, Minseok offered to come to the clinic to pick him up, making him panic."No,no,no. I'll come over,ok?... Overnight?.... Ok, I'll bring some extra clothes from the clinic... I'm leaving in a bit. I'll buy to make it up to you... Ok, see you in a bit...Bye. " he ended the call, pretty much giving his plans away,but hoped the two won't question him.

 

"So you did have plans for tonight, sorry to be holding you up." Joonmyun said, no remorse in his voice as he apologised. "Girlfriend?" He asked, adopting a darker tone, taking a few steps closer to the Doctor, but not yet invading his personal space.

 

"No. Just a friend of mine. If you don't mind, I'd like to start with the examination."

 

"Of course, you're in a hurry." the older said, the way he has spoken evidentiating his discontent,but didn't directly voice his opinion.

 

The Doctor bend down, squatting before the patient, carefully removing the contraption around his ankle, checking for excessive swelling or other complications. When there were none, the man rises again, probing the skin around the bruising on the man's sides, seeing him flinch at each touch.

"I apologise... my hands must still be cold so I'll ask you to bear with it for a few moments." He said, continuing his probing, painfully aware of the owl like figure in the corner, watching their every move. "How have you been holding up? Any nausea, itchiness, dizziness..?"

"Some dizziness now and then, especially when I get up too fast or think too hard, itchiness and lethargy from time to time... and there's some weakness in my shoulder still... And yeah, obviously it's still painful to walk without the crutches." he motioned to the expensive looking crutches, resuming his symptoms.

"I'll need to take your temperature then..." he said more to himself, motioning Sehun to lay down." I'll massage your shoulder and ankle for now. Your ribs seem to be healing nicely, the colouring is great too, so there won't be much to do there." Yixing said, taking out some massaging oil from one of the drawers by the bed, pouring a generous amount in his hands, rubbing them together to warm them up.


"This won't be one of those 'I'm rearranging your skeleton but not telling you because you'll it up' kinda massage right?" Sehun laughed lightly,half joking, half serious.


"No, it won't, now relax your muscles" he chuckled, lightly slapping the younger's skin. "You might even enjoy it." the Doctor continued, placing one knee beside the man, positioning himself comfortably on the bed as he first gently spread the oil on the skin, across the  area in question, starting to apply pressure somewhere below the shoulder and working his way up gradually, going across the ligaments, the lumps gathered there giving way as he insisted.


Low grunts were audible in Sehun's throat, his throat vibrating with the sound, his face pressed into the mattress.


"If it hurts too much say so and I'll stop" Yixing said, lowering the pressure as he thought he was going too fast and the man mumbled something he didn't hear, prompting him to get closer, to hear what he had to say.


"It's great doc, it hurts but in the right way, damn your hands are magic" he said, his voice a little strained from trying to keep quiet as Yixing was working on him, the last part coming out without much thought, catching himself but too late.


"Well thank you, you're too kind."


"Magic, huh?"Joonmyun said, moving forward slightly." What does a man have to do to get one of those magic massages?" Joonmyun said, now much closer than before, peering over the Dr.'s shoulder, breathing down his neck.


"Well, first of all, make an appointment..." Yixing joked, giving him an accusing look, not letting his hands stop, but remaining aware of the new presence. "But unfortunately I am not a masseur so if you want one for recreational purposes, go to a trained professional."


"Aw c'mon, I'll generously pay for your services and will even make an appointment. My neck is killing me from all the work I do every day." he whined half heartedly, showing an innocent smile. Yixing thought that it got him a lot of favours as it was so sweet it would melt any heart, but he knew better.


"I can introduce you to a great masseur, he is a friend of mine and does a much better job than I do." the Doctor said with a smile, continuing to rub the lumps in Sehun's back, feeling them lessen under his fingers, his low grunts coming rythmically with each .


As he finished, Joonmyun took a step back to make just enough room for him to change position on the bed,then the Doctor asked Sehun to flip over, taking his ankle in his lap , giving him his shirt in the process, preffering they all kept their clothes on, then continued with the massage, feeling extremely awkward and sightly embarrassed with the two men staring at him doing his job, thing that had never bothered him before.


Pouring more oil into his hands, warming it between his palms before he smooths them over the skin of his ankle, he worked his fingers across the ligaments, glancing at Sehun's face every time he increased the strength, gauging how much is too much.


After he was done bandaging the ankle to support it, he moved to wash his hands, taking the time away to take a deep breath, not realising he has been holding it. Returning with clean hands, Yixing removed the large bandaid from Sehun's wound, seeing it was healing nicely.


"I'll take the stitches out now, it shouldn't hurt, you'll feel a little pressure though." he assured, opening a sealed packet of tools, grabbing the tweezers and scissors and leaving the rest on the tray besides the bed, his hands at work.

 

It was a quick process and after placing some adhesive strips on the light scar, he was done with the area.

 

Looking around for his thermometer, he couldn't find it anywhere he tuned a few times in place, his eyes roaming the office.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I need to take your temperature as you might have a fever as well based on what you've told me but I can't seem to find my thermometer..." The Doctor answered, going to a drawer to pick out a new one as he couldn't find his own, but the drawer didn't budge, being locked. Just then he remembered that Minseok locked everything up before going home, forgetting to give back the bundle of keys.

 

Sighing, Yixing ran a hand through his overgrown locks that were already covering his eyebrows, pushing them back in thought.

 

"Can't you do one of those traditional hand to the forehead kind of things or..?"Sehun asked, trying to find an alternative.

 

"Oh well... For lack of better option... I guess." the Doctor agreed. positioning himself in front of the man again, putting the back of his hand to the younger's forehead, then neck, not satisfied as his hands were still cold from the wind outside, not getting an accurate diagnostic. Pressing his lips together, he thought again, sighing before speaking again. "Pardon the intrusion." he said, putting a hand on the man's good shoulder before bringing his head close to his forehead,making the patient freeze under him. He pressed his lips there for a few seconds on his skin, then moving to his neck, pressing his dry, but moisturised lips again on the hot skin there as well, but just as he was retreating, his shoulder was yanked back by a rough hand, surprising him. 

 

Turning confused to the owner of the hand, the smile on Joonmyun's lips was gone, replaced by a straight line, his eyes angry at the exchange he has just witnessed happening.

 

"Mr. Joonmyun?" Yixing asked, a raised questioning eyebrow directed at the hand still tight on his shoulder as the man didn't speak up on his own.

 

"Was that necessary?"

 

"Are you questioning my professionalism again Mr.Joonmyun? I remember you doing the same last time you were here as well."

 

"How is kissing your patients on the neck called professional again?" He countered with another question, his eyes still tight with disapproval.

 

"I was taking his temperatue. I don't have the tools available to me at the moment as I didn't expect this session and Sehun said he doesn't mind the 'more traditional' way of doing it. Yes, usually one would use their hand but I've been in the cold outside and they're not warmed up enough yet, so this was the next best thing. Now what's the problem Mr.Joonmyun?" He explained, stressing the last question.

 

"Take my temperture too."

 

"What?No."The Doctor replied almost instantly, confused by the demand.

 

"Take my temperature too. Seeing a you've said this is strictly professional, there shouldn't be a problem to repeat the method on another person, in a strictly professional way."

 

"You're not a patient." Yixing tried to argue,but came out weaker than he intended. The other's reasoning seemed correct even to his ears, but he didn't think Joonmyun would keep the exchange stricly professional as he put it.

 

The elder rised an eyebrow back, using the Doctor's favourite facial gesture right back at him, making the man sigh in defeat.

 

"Sit down, I'll get to you in a moment."he replied in resignment, turning back to Sehun who wa a bit more red in the face than a few moments prior, making Yixing feel a little bit flustered as well. "You're not helping either, stop blushing for God's sake!" he said half jokingly, lighty slapping his good shoulder in an attempt to make him stop.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just... I didn't expect it." he said, earning a glare from his superior when he heard the embarrassment in his voice.

 

"Well, sorry about that..." He said, squatting in front of the man again, putting his shoe back on his injured leg, lacing the boot loosely not to touch the sprain too much, taking his time, getting up extra slowly, trying to delay the interaction with Joonmyun, which was watching him closely with a small smile on his lips, clearly happy with the turn of events.

 

 

"You're free to go if the Doctor finished your check up. I'll come as soon as the Doctor... takes my temperature." The elder of the three said to Sehun, , barely glancing at the recipient of his order concealed as a request, keeping his eyes on Yixing most of the time.

 

The Doctor felt small under his gaze and slight panic rose up his spine as he saw Sehun following his superior's wishes, almost grabbing him by his sleeve to stop him from leaving them alone, but decided against it as he still felt Joonmyun's eyes on him, settling on calling his name.

 

"Sehun, it's really ok though, we will help you walk back as soon as I do this, it won't take long." he almost pleaded, his eyes willing him to stay, but the other just smiled and shook his head, leaving Yixing to look at his back as he exited the office, leaving him alone with the -on-legs currently sitting on the bed, eye-ing him at the moment.

 

Turning his head especially slow, he let his eyes linger on the closed door, wishing he could escape as well, but returned his gaze to the man, gulping involuntarily as he made eye contact. He resisted the urge to his lips in a nervous habit as Joonmyun urged him closer and straightened himself, giving the Doctor easier access to his neck. Hesitantly, he followed his directions, taking a few small steps closer, placing a hand on the man's shoulder for support just as he did with Sehun, this time the touch seeming much more intimate coupled with the way he was looking at him.

 

"Pardon the intrusion" Yixing said the same phrase he told Sehun, trying to calm his nerves. He took a deep breath before bending down and paused for a second before pressing his lips on the man's forehead for a few seconds, just as he did last time, retreating a little as he repositioned himself, making eye contact by mistake as he did so, taken aback by the darkness swirling in Joonmyun's eyes, as he was fixating him through his lashes, an obscene tint to his look in that moment, causing the younger to his lips by mistake, realising not even a second later, immediately averting his gaze and taking another deep breath.

 

 

'Just get it over with' he told himself as he bends to the neck of the other, which was more than willingly offered to him.

 

Just as he pressed his lips to the soft skin, the other man trailed his hand on the outer side of his thigh, stopping at his hip, squeezing lightly, making Yixing gasp, The breath he was holding releasing in surprise, fanning the man's neck, making him shudder as well at the sensation. Rhe hand on his hip brought him closer, the elder's head now in the crook of the Doctor's neck, stopping for a second with his lips grazing the skin, his hot breath making the hairs stand up on their end on the younger's neck.

 

"Let me return the favour." he said above the sensitive skin, making the man feel the smirk on his face without actually seeing it.

 

Taken by surprise at the sudden movement, Yixing placed a knee on the bed to prevent himself from falling, now a hair's width away from straddling Joonmyun's leg, the blush he was keeping from surfacing coming full force into his cheeks.

 

Just as he was about to use the hand propped on the older's shoulder to push himself away from the assaulting mouth, hot, lubricated lips made contact with his skin, painfully slow and tenderly, as if he was tasting him, taking his time with his movements, Yixing lost his strength for a second, not expecting the amount of desire coming in waves off of the man under him. But more importantly, he was not expecting the pleasure he'd feel from the action.

 

Despite the sensation, the Doctor quickly regained his senses, beginning to push the other, but the position his arm was in didn't allow him to put much strength into it, urging the one below him to pull him closer and deepening the kiss, gently on the skin, making the younger gasp again and try to pry himself off, but to no avail as he was now fully straddling the older's wide thigh.

 

Trying his luck with his other hand, Yixing tried to use that as leverage between them, when a large palm wrapped its fingers aroung his wrist swiftly, ceasing any kind of protest he could have done, the soft experienced lips and biting from his jawline going down as low as the exposed skin permitted, working on marking the skin above his collarbone.

 

The Doctor tried to pull away, the amount of contact between their bodies and the skillful mouth on his neck overwhelming the man,but he couldn't budge from his position as the hand on his hip was now comfortably at the lowest point of his lower back, holding him firmly in place, making sure he wasn't getting away. Just as the same hand made its way under his sweater and carresed the warm skin of his back, panic engulfed Yixing, pulling him out of the trance he was in Gritting his teeth as he jerked his shoulder back, he made enough room for the hand on Joonmyun's shoulder to extend and push, successfully parting their bodies, scrambling to get off the man's thigh, prying his wrist from the other's grip as well.

 

 

Taking a few steps back for good measure, he looked at the man, fear and anger swimming in his eyes. He would have stopped to admire the way Joonmyun was looking extra wild with slightly ruffled hair and messed up clothing, glowing with desire, desire for him still burning behind his pupils, Joonmyun's eyes roaming the man's figure, his hands twitching, wanting more. He would have... if he wasn't so shaken by the abrupt action, the way he felt helpless in the situation, his fear now replacing the pleasure he just felt, his own body feeling slightly out of place, foreign even to himself.

 

He wrapped his hands around himself in a self preserving gesture, confused by his own reaction, not taking his eyes off the man still seated on the bed, slightly out of breath.

 

Joonmyun rised to his full height, tentatively approaching the male, his body language open, in an attempt to not scare him, but to no avail. Yixing stepped back twice with every step Joonmyun made forward, but as the Doctor's heels hit his desk, he had nowhere to go, letting the other close the gap, but still a few steps away.

 

"Docto-" just as he opened his mouth to speak, his voice calm and soothing, Yixing's face finally contorted from fearful to angry, a hand darting out to slap the man on the cheek and even though he saw the blow coming, he decided to let it hit, turning his face to the side with the force of it.

 

 

They both stood in silence after the slap echoed through the room, Yixing slightly out of breath, the other slowly turning his face back to the man he has just kissed, his gaze gaining a dangerous glint in warning.

 

 

"I don't want to see your face in front of me ever again Mr. Kim" he paused, using the older's last name, finality lacing his voice, his body trembling with anger and lingering fright, adopting a wider stance. "I'll update Sehun on his improvements alone and I want both of you gone from my life just as you entered. Now get out of my office." he gesticulated towards the door, hardened eyes fixating the man staring at him, unmoving.

 

 

Joonmyun slowly approached the man, stepping into his personal space without missing a beat, noses almost touching as he maintained eye contact. He stopped there for a second, not saying anything, then trailed his eyes to the Doctor's lips, continuing to the reddening marks on his shoulder, then continued down the rest of his body before coming back up, seeing him tense and squirm under his intrusive stare. 

 

"I'll take my leave now as per your wishes." he said, voice level, unfaltering eyes still holding Yixing's, taking one step backwards before turning and closing the door behind him.

 

 

Aftera couple of seconds, the man left in the suddenly cold room fell to the floor, releasing the breath he was once again holding, heavy breathing now that he was alone, running a hand over his face than through his hair, trying to calm his heart down.

 

 

'What was that?' he asked himself, getting up after leveling his breathing, taking some more painkillers and a few pills for Sehun's fever, which he apparently actually had, exiting through the same door both of them went through moments ago.

 

 

Sehun and his guard were seated in the lobby, not talking to one another, but stood up as they heard Yixing's door open, waiting for him to speak to them.

 

 

"You developed a slight fever, so I added some pills for that, take them twice a day at 12 hour intervals" he said, skipping the formalities, placing the bottle in Sehun's hand. "Here are the same painkillers as last time, now you can take them only when the pain worsens, but not more than 3 times a day" he continued, placing the second bottle in his outstretched hand. "And if you want to do the same massage, I just did on you by yourself, go to any pharmacy and ask for a gel or oil for sprains and they'll give you what you need, just remember to go across the ligament, not along it and do it every other day." the Doctor ended, only now looking up at the two.

 

The guard was looking somewhere ahead of him at the blank wall, but Sehun's eyes were zeroing in on the already forming hickeyj along the exposed skin of his skin, giving away what had just happened behind his office's closed doors.

 

Yixing's eyes hardened at the fresh memory, continuing with the same neutral tone.

 

"I don't know if you've been informed, but you will no longer be my pacient. I wish you a speedy recovery and good luck from now on. It ws nice to meet you." as the words left his mouth, Sehun's questioning and concerned eyes made contact with his own, a little bit lost in the situation. "Oh and don't forget to get a Ct scan and an MRI to show your new doctor. Now if you will, I have to lock this place down, so ..." the Doctor continues, motioning for the two to start moving towards the exit.

 

As he tried to pass them by on his way to get his coat, he was once again grabbed and pulled back that day, meeting Sehun's concerned eyes as he turned.

 

"What happened in there? Are you ok? You don't look so good."he questioned, ignoring his words.

 

"You'll have to ask Mr.Kim if you want to know and yes, I'll be ok after a few drinks." he answered, still angry at the man  that basically assaulted him, but tried not snap too hard at the poor man in front of him. "Now if you'll let me, I want to get dressed." he glanced at the hand still holdng him back, Sehun releasing his hold on him.

 

 

After getting dressed and locking both the office and clinic, he saw Sehun getting into a black car with the help of the black suited man, while Joonmyun followed Yixing with his eyes, getting a glare in return before the Doctor fast walked out of there with his hands in his pockets, heading for the closest liquor store to Minseok's house, ready to drown his feelings in a couple bottles of hard liquor.

 

 

***

 

 

"You're wasted Yixing, stop it." Minseok whined, trying to pry the almost empty bottle of alcohol from his friend's hand, a little bit more than tipsy himself. "What got you so upset,huh? You haven't drunk this badly since you broke up with Jongin."

 

"Why do you have to drag Jongin in this, seriously? I just had a bad day and want to drink my worries away, is something wrong with that?" he said almost in a yell,slurring his words in the process, taking the bottle back and shakingly pouring himself another glass before Minseok forcefully took it away, resulting in him whining after the liquid.

 

"You barely drink and almost never drink hard liquor so that's what's wrong. Now tell me what happened before I make you."

 

"It's nothing, honestly." Yixing said, refusing to talk, outstretching his arm on the table, leaning his head on it, hiding his eyes fom the light which started to hurt his eyes, but in the process he put his neck on display, with the side Joonmyun feasted on just a few hours before.

 

Minseok's eyes widened and by the time the Doctor noticed, he was too late to cover up as he quickly straightened himself, putting a palm over his darkening marks, to hide them from sight, even though he already saw them.

 

"How are hickeys nothing? Did you have a fight with some boyfriend I don't know about? Or worse, have you been assaulted?" Minseok questioned, his eyes serious and demanding an answer.

 

"No I don't have a boyfriend... It's just... As I was leaving the clinic earlier, some guy took me by surprise and attacked me" he lied to his friend, feeling extremely bad for it, guilt rising in his throat. "I shook him off and ran and nothing happened after, he didn't chase me."he continued in what he hoped was a reassuring voice, but his friend only grew madder, his hands gathering into fists.

 

"And why didn't you tell me? You should have called me right away! I would've come to get you. The nerve..."He angrily got out, eyebrows lowering in a glare directed at nothing. 

 

Yixing just patted his balled up fists, gently massaging the back of his hands to help them loosen up in an attempt to calm him down.

 

"It's ok. It's over. I'm fine and I most probably will never see the man again so what's the point of being angry?" he soothed, feeling the fist under his palms loosen, but not entirely.

 

"You still should've told me beforehand." Minseok said, still mad, sitting up and going to the kitchen, away from him.

 

Puffing his cheeks as he saw his friend being mad at him, his phone lit up with an unknown number on the screen and he reached for it, answering as he brought it to his ear. Normally he didn't answer unknown numbers on his personal phone, but the booze in his system let him forget that.

 

"He's mad at me!" he whined into the phone, not giving the one on the other side the chance to say anything yet. "He is soooo~ maaa~d... What do I dooo~?" He whined again, his baby voice triggered by his previous drinks.

 

"...Why is he mad?" the voice on the other side asked hesitantly, but his intoxicated self didn't recognise the recently familiar voice and just continued on with his rambling. 

 

"Well, you see... I came to his house... And I'm so so so so so drunk right now... And he found out about..." he stopped to look into the mirror on the wall, squinting at the hickeys as if that would amke them dissapear. "...these" he continued accusingly, pointing towards them in the mirror as if they're the root of all evil.

 

"These...?" the voice probed again, encouraging him to elaborate.

 

"These... marks!" he said full of anger at the said marks. "These hickeys... that prove that I was weak... They remind me I gave in for a moment there and enjoyed something I shouldn't have...." he continued, the anger dissipating as he suddenly became sad, tears filling his eyes. "They remind me of that man." he ended, a tear escaping his eyes. "But that's not important right now." Yixing added with new determination, wiping is tears and sniffling a little.

 

"...Have you been crying?" the voice asked again, hearing the sniffles and tight voice on Yixing's side.

 

"No?..." he asked back, not knowing himself; not remembering. "No. Maybe? I don't think so. But did I?"he voiced again, getting distraught. "That's not important right now!" he repeated his earlier words, trying to get back on track. "What's important right now is how I make Seokie forgive me." he paused, content with his conclusion. "I could give him a massage, he likes it when I do that..." he wondered out loud, still talking on the phone. "Or should I do more? What's further than a massage though?... What does Seokie likeeee~?" he slurred, chuckling lightly to himself, not knowing why. "Oh! I could do whatever he wants for a day! He likes it when I listen to him!" he proposed, remembering how frustrated the man got whenever the Doctor didn't eat his meals and refused to go to sleep when he all but begged him to. "Yeah he would like that wouldn't he?" he chuckled knowingly into the phone, content with his plan. "Seokieee~ come hee~ree~" he spoke loudly, for the man to hear him and come back.

 

"I'm coming to pick you up. Where are you?" the clipped voice said from the other side of the line, dangerously calm.

 

Yixing gave him what he remembered of the adress without missing a beat, still too intoxiated to care or question, then hung up with a chuckle.

 

"What's going on? Who were you talking to?" Minseok came back, two glasses of water in his hands.

 

"I... I don't know." the Doctor slurred, but paid it no mind as he turned back to his assistant. "Seokiee~~ are you still maaa~d?"