Dessert Debt

You're My Doctor

A/N: Might change this as I am not entirely content with what I've written but I really wanted to update ;_; srry

 

***

 

"When did you come in?"

 

Yixing barely got out, catching the set of clothes dropped into his hands by Joonmyun.

 

"Those are for him to change into. Now what were you talking about?" Joonmyun inquired, trying to take on a relaxed stance,but his stare daring us to say anything he would not approve of giving him away.

 

"Not what you're thinking about, that’s for sure. Anyway, could you bring the car in front of the clinic? I don't have anymore crutches to spare and he isn't allowed physical activity yet" Dr. Yixing changed the subject, lightly blushing out of embarrassment, not liking where he was going with that question.

 

"Sehun, care to explain?" he completely ignored the doctor,barely sparing him a glance as he focused on the patient on the bed, who only managed to cough painfully under the piercing gaze, eyes wide glancing at Yixing, not knowing what to answer.

 

Taking two long strides towards them, Sehun's superior closed the distance between them, making Yixing's body prickle at the sudden proximity, the way the man in front of him carried himself in that moment making him momentarily freeze.

 

Sehun tried sitting up and his ribs obviously protested at the movement, making the doctor turn to gently force the man back into his bed with a firm palm on his chest, as not to worsen his state further. The gesture seemed to annoy the third man to no end, on top of his question remaining unanswered.

 

"I assure you, nothing of the sort happened brother-" Sehun tried explaining, but was cut off by his own cough, thing that made all sorts of bells go off in Dr. Zhang's head, annoyance and anger surfacing in him as well.

 

"I could have had my way with your brother right here on this bed and it still wouldn't have been any of your business. I thought I've made myself clear when I said that I've got this and you should wait outside until I was done. Now, if you would please go do what I've asked you to, it would be lovely. Thank you." Yixing ended his little monologue stressing the last two words with finality, then approached the man, showing him the door with a tight smile on his face.

 

"And if I don't?" the man defiantly questioned, the smile on his face barely masking the fiery anger behind his eyes, daring the doctor to further oppose him, but he didn't seem to get the memo. Or simply didn't wish to.

 

"I will then house arrest Sehun for the next month and a half when he will be able to go out that door on his own two feet. Just as I promised to do if you are not to hold up your part of the deal." A small pause followed his words, a battle of glares then starting between the two.

 

"Are you telling me you're going back on your word Mr. Joonmyun?" Yixing continued, an eyebrow raised in challenge, his tone not matching the sudden polite words. Joonmyun seemed to really want to do something or at least say something, but he visibly bit the inside of his cheek in silent self control, then put on his signature business-y smile.

 

"I never do, Dr Zhang. I'll be on my way." he said back, disappearing through the door with determined footsteps.

 

"Why do you have to fuel the fire like that?" Sehun said from behind him, face in his hands, and exasperated sigh coming from his defeated frame.

 

"My building my rules." The doctor sid, hands on his hips as he cools down from the outburst.

 

Small black dots started to blur his vision, his body reminding him that he hasn't slept in god knows how long now and he's now running on fumes. Yixing then shook his head lightly, blinking repeatedly in order to make the spots go away.

 

"He's going to chew me up for that for a looong time. Couldn't you have said something less... thought provoking?" Sehun ended with a tinge of embarrassment, looking away as his ears got slightly red. After a second, Yixing realised his own words and his skin rapidly heated up, adopting a dark pink hue up to his ears, no longer able to hold eye contact. Fumbling with the fabric of the clothes still in his arms, he laughed awkwardly and put them on the bed.

 

"Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't think much about it."

 

"Let's just not mention that again." Sehun laughed just as awkwardly, letting the man dress him.

 

"But you know, you're pretty special you know?"

 

"How so?"

 

"He would have ordered your ...disposal by now for talking back to him and ordering him around like that. He must be really into you."

 

"If that was special treatment then I can do without."

 

***

 

With little difficulty Yixing managed to dress the man without hurting him more than necessary, then exited the room , heading for the exit to see if the ride was ready.

 

Out of the multitude of cars from just a moment ago, only two vehicles remained, one pulled up to the front door, whereas the second was parked in the shade. The doctor just shrugged, then returned to retrieve the patient from his bed.

 

"Lean on me and try not to put your weight on the bad ankle" Yixing said lightly, taking Sehun's good arm and putting it around his neck,taking him by the waist gently as to support most of his weight. Taking the first two steps, Yixing felt wobbly on his own two feet but he regained his balance, steeling himself to carry that mountain of a man to the lobby.

 

After sitting Sehun in one of the few chairs, he dissapeared behind the reception desk and took a notepad and pen, but when he emerged from behind the counter, Joonmuyn was there, talking with Sehun.

 

As he approached the two, the conversation ended, a couple of eyes now focused on Yixing's frame. Not being used to being the center of attention, the gesture makes his steps falther slightly, nervousnesscreeping up his spine for no reason.

 

Clearing his throat, the doctor looked at them both and took out a chair to sit in front of Sehun, gesturing for Joonmyun to also take a seat beside his junior.

 

"I'll now run you quickly through some things you need to be aware of and avoid during the next weeks and I'd like both of you to pay attention." he started, then clicked his pen, writing down what he was saying, gluing his eyes on the paper, feeling the stares on him, one more intense than the other. He could guess who was so insistently searching for his eyes, but refused to raise his gaze to meet the pair of almost black eyes fixating him, deciding to focus on what he was telling the two gentlemen.

 

"That's all. Just make sure to check your condition weekly with a trained professional to make sure nothing worsens." Yixing ended his medical monologue, finally rising his eyes to meet Sehun's, handing him the paper, unable to glance towards Joonmyun, whose eyes seemed to demand him to look. Gulping, Yixing nervously his lips as he fiddled with the notepad in his lap, not knowing where to lay his eyes.

 

"Any questions?"

 

"When should we be back for the check up?" Joonmyun asked, completely ignoring the fact he has already declined the offer.

 

"I am sure you have someone to whom you can go for the check up with better equipment than I have here, plus, I don't have when to squeeze you in in my schedule, sorry" the last part was a big lie as the clinic wasn't going so well and the clientswere few,but he wasn't about to tell them that.

 

"We've started this treatment with you so we'd like to continue with you. I'm sure that you could make some time for us, extra fee of course."

 

"I have to agree with that. Kyungsoo, our doctor back home, even though he is a very good doctor, he's nowhere near as gentle as you and honestly scares me sometimes. So if it's not too much of a trouble, please reconsider." Sehun added, a slight shiver running up his spine as he remembered his past experiences.

 

Looking at them both, he sighed, already regretting his words.

 

"Ok. But you'll need to come either before or after work hours. I wouldn't want you scaring the neighbors again"

 

As he said that, he threw an accusatory look towards Joonmyun, remembering the scene he made earlier in front of his practice, but still averted his gaze before meeting the man's eyes.

 

"I'm hurt" he said comically, putting a hand across his heart, a smile graving his features as he saw Yixing smiling at that.

 

"Now that that is out of the way, we could talk about how we could repay you for your kindness and services." Joonmyun asked, leaning forward into his seat, searching the doctor's pale face.

 

"Oh, that's not necessary. I've taken Sehun in as a patient on my own so I can't ask for payment out of you." he said, looking everywhere but the two, suddenly feeling small under their gazes.

 

"That's not possible. " This time Sehun spoke, seriousness in his voice.

 

"You've done so much for me and I can't just leave without returning the favour in some way. "

 

"It's really no need-"

 

"Before you try to refuse us again, let me tell you that in our line of work, not paying back your debts is sin and by refusing, you're insulting us both." Joonmyun said, finally making the doctor look up at him, but he quickly looked away.

 

"Then how about... Sehun treats me to dinner when he gets better?" and at the looks he has gotten, he quickly added "...and dessert?" he rised his shoulders lightly,unsure of what else to ask for.