Chapter 3

His Slave

Minah's POV

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache. The events from yesterday have left me in pain. "ing Namjoon. Why did he have to knock me out?" I asked myself. I rub my temples, trying to ease the pain.

Last night's conversation with Hyeri left me dumbfounded. Why do I have to be that girl's replacement? There are so many servants in this place, why can't one of them just do it? Hyeri taught me everything I need to know in order to keep the Jimin happy. I have to wake up early, serve him breakfast by 8:00 AM I have to make sure his office and entertainment rooms are clean. At 12:15 PM  his lunch needs to be served. At 3:00 PM I need to prepare his office for his meetings at 5:00 PM. By 7:00 PM, his dinner needs to be ready and served. Last but not least, by 10:00 PM, his tea needs to be served. Theres a lot of things to do, and I don't think I can do it. There's going to be a time where I am going to mess up, and he is going to snap.

I look at the clock and sigh at the time. Its 6:00 am. Tiredly, I get up from my bed and walk towards the closet. I grab my toothbrush, towel and uniform, before heading out to the shared bathrooms. As I walk, I see various guards standing around. One of them is one of the Namjoon's men.

"Good morning, Ms.Fiesty" He said with a chuckle. 

Since when is he so friendly? I roll my eyes at him "My name is Minah, not Fiesty." Feeling annoyed, I get closer to him "Call me Feisty again, and I'll kill you."

The man stared at me for a couple of seconds, before bursting out in laughter. "What's so funny?" I ask, feeling quite offended. 

"You actually think you're scary? Minah, I could kill you in 2 seconds." He said, looking down at me.  

"Whatever" I said as I walk away from him. I try to fast walk, but the man doesn't slow down. In a few seconds, he is next to me again.

"I haven't introduced myself" he said giving me a smile "I'm Taehyung" 

"And what can I do with that information?" I asked sarcastically " Nothing" 

Taehyung laughed " You are funny, Minah." He said "We can be friends"

I stop walking and stare at him "Just because I know your name doesn't mean we're friends"

"Why not?" he asked, tilting his head in confusion.

Is this guy joking or is he seriously stupid? I can't believe him.

"Because you kidnapped me and knocked me out" I said, as I started walking again. 

"I was just following orders." He said. "You're not the only one scared of Namjoon or the boss" 

I look at him and roll my eyes "Still doesn't mean we're friends"

"We'll see about that." he said with a wink "I have to you into the boss' office later. I'll talk to you then" he said as he walked away from me. 

I stop walking and watch him walk away. This guy is seriously annoying. If he truly wants to be my friend then he should help me escape this damn place.

 

~.~

Getting ready for the day, I had a lot of time to think. My life has been a rollercoaster since the day I was born, but I never expected something like to happen. Being sold to the mafia? Not even in my wildest dreams. My poor mother must be suffering in heaven. She always tried so hard to keep me happy, but look where I ended up. Living with a man that can kill me in a second. 

When I walk into the kitchen, Hyeri and Taehyung smile at me. I smile at Hyeri, ignoring Taehyung. I don't want to give him any signs to make him believe I like him. I can't trust him, at least not yet.

"Here's the boss' breakfast" said Hyeri, giving me a tray of food "Remember to place it next to him and bow before leaving" 

I nod "Wish me luck. I'm going to need it." 

I look at Taehyung and nod my head "It's time" I say, bracing myself for anything.

I look at Hyeri before walking out of the door. I hold the tray of food tightly, scared that my shaky hands will drop them. I walk through the hallways in silence. I look up at Taehyung trying to find comfort, but his face is as solid as a block. I need to calm down. If I mess up, he could kill me. I need to stay strong. As soon as I find a way to escape, I'll leave far away from here. Nobody will find me, not even Jimin himself. 

After a couple of minutes, we stop in front of a large marble door. Taehyung gives me a light smile before opening the doors and walking inside. We seem to be in some sort of office. The large space is decorated with black and red furniture. Towards the end of the room, I see a figure sitting down in a large wooden desk. Sheets of paper are scattered on the desk, but he is only focused on one. He is so concentrated, that he doesn't realize when we entered the room.

"Boss, your breakfast is here" said Taehyung.

Jimin looks up and looks at me. He motions me to place the tray down. I slowly walk towards the desk, scared to fall and drop his breakfast. Once I am close to his desk, I put the tray on the side and bow, just like Hyeri told me. As soon as I bowed, I walked away but his deep voice stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, making my heart beat faster. 

Shakily, I turn around "I am going back to the kitchen,sir." I said, keeping my head down, trying not to look at his face. 

"This is not the breakfast I wanted. I wanted scrambled eggs, not fried." He said, his voice getting angry. 

"I will get you th-" Before I could finish my sentence, the tray of freshly made breakfast was on the floor. 

I jumped, my heart almost beating out of my chest. 

"Clean that up" He said, his cold eyes looking at me. "Now."

I nod, and walk towards the side of his desk where the mess is. I get on my knees and start putting the pieces of broken glass on the tray. As I picked up one of the pieces, one of the broken glass dug deep into my skin. I winced as my finger started bleeding. 

"You can't even pick up glass without getting cut? Jesus, how useless can you be?" asked Jimin. 

I closed my eyes and bit my lip as hard as I could. If I say something out of line, I would be done for. I start taking deep breaths as I finished picking up the mess he caused "I'll be back with your breakfast, sir" I said, bowing down and walking out of the room. 

That ungrateful bastard. "I wanted my eggs scrambled, not fried." I said out loud, mocking the . "Scrambled eggs my ". 

I jumped as I heard a loud laugh behind me. I quickly turn around only to see Taehyung laughing out loud. I roll my eyes before turning around and walk towards the kitchen. "If the boss heard you mocking him, you would be dead you know?" said Taehyung as he caught up to me. 

"At least I won't be near him anymore" I said as we both walk through the kitchen door. 

"How did it go?" Hyeri asks, her voice full of worry. She looked at the tray on my hands "He didn't like the breakfast?" 

I shook my head "His majesty wants scrambled eggs" 

Hyeri sighs "He has always been picky. I'll tell the chef to make him scrambled eggs" she said, before walking away. 

I sit down on the kitchen stool and look at my finger. Thankfully, the cut isn't as deep as I thought it was. It should heal quickly in a couple of days.

"Give me your finger" I hear Taehyung say. I turn around and see him opening a first aid kit. He takes out a band aid and rips the packaging open. 

I shake my head "I can do it myself." I said, getting up from the stool and walking towards the kit. I pick up a band aid and put it on myself. 

I look behind me and see Taehyung looking at me in disbelief "When I try to be nice, this is how I get thanked?" He asked.

"You are in no position to be thanked. I can't trust you" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why can't you?" Asks Taehyung.

Before I could answer, Hyeri comes back with a new tray. This time, there are scrambled eggs on the plate. "Here you go, Minah. Good luck this time" She said before I walk out towards the familiar hallways. 

"Are you going to answer my question, now?" asked Taehyung. 

I ignore him, as I start getting nervous. Hopefully he doesn't snap again. We finally stop in front of his office and Taehyung opens the door. I look at Jimin and he is still reading the same paper as before. I quietly walk closer to the Don's desk and place the tray on his desk.

He looks up at the tray and then at me "I'm not hungry anymore. Take it away" He said before going back into reading his paper. I bit my lower lip again, trying to keep my mouth shut. I bow down and pick up the tray. Before I could exit the room, his deep voice stops me.

"I have to travel today and I need you to come with me. The two of you, be ready to leave at 5"