Chapter 1

His Slave

Minah's POV

     Since I was a little girl, I knew my life wasn't going to be flowers and rainbows.  I live in a small village, on the outside of Busan. My parents got married at a very young age and bought a small house. My parents, Jinhee and Daehyun, had a very rocky relationship. Having a child was costly, and jobs were scarce in this small village. Desperation led to drugs and drugs led to violence.

   My father was abusive towards my mother until the time of her death, five years ago. My poor hardworking mother was killed in a hit-and-run accident on her way home from selling vegetables on the market. Because it was so late at night and the roads were isolated, the authorities never found the bastard that took her away. When she was alive, she made sure that I was happy, even if she was suffering. When she knew my father was going to cause trouble, she would ask me to go to a beach nearby and make some friends. She thought that by sending me away, I would not know that she was being beaten by my father, but the freshly opened wounds she had on her face would say otherwise. When my mother died, I felt sadness, but another part of me felt relieved because I knew she would not be suffering anymore.

  "Minah!" Yelled my father, disrupting my thoughts.

   I stand up from the couch and look towards the door. My hands start shaking when I see him stumbling in. Tonight is going to be one of those nights. His eyes are bloodshot red, his shirt was ripped on the side and his disgusting body odor grows stronger as he gets closer to me.

"Yes, father?" I ask, looking down at my feet, scared that he is going to snap and hit me. 

"Tomorrow morning we will have some visitors. Clean the house and make it look spotless, understood?" My father asked, walking towards me. His breath stenches of alcohol and god-knows what else.

Holding by breath, I nod my head, praying to god that he goes to his room and falls asleep. Before I could do anything else, he grabs my hair and pulls my face towards him. I scream and pain spreads all over my head. 

"When I speak to you, you respond back" He said, his hot breath hitting my ear "Do you understand, Minah?"

Trembling, I nod my head "Yes, sir" I respond. His grip is getting tighter and the pain is getting stronger and stronger.  "Please let me go" I beg, trying to hold back the tears. 

I look to my side and catch a glimpse of my father's face. His eyes are tracing every part of my face and body. He pulls me closer to him and whispers "I love seeing you like this, crying and screaming. Reminds me of your mother" He says, before pushing me on the floor and walking towards his room. 

"Don't cry Minah, be strong. Be strong for mom." I say to myself, as tears run down my face. He doesn't deserve them, not a single one of them. I swear on my mother's grave, one day I will have enough money saved up to leave this place. I will leave this small town, finish school and get a good job, but most importantly, I will make sure my father pays for everything he put my mother and I through. I will make him suffer, even if it is the last thing I do.

  Tiredly, I get up from the floor and look around the house. How dare he ask me to clean when this house looks like trash? The windows are covered with newspaper, the couch is ripped, the floor has holes in it and the paint is coming off the walls. No matter how much I clean this house, it will always look like . Without giving it more thought, I walk towards my small room and lay down on the floor. My father thought it would be a good idea to sell the small and dirty mattress I slept in for a couple of bottles of beer. I am sure glad he has his priorities straight. Not wanting to give him anymore thought, I close my eyes and let the darkness take over me.

~.~

  This morning I wake up feeling alarmed. I look at the clock on the wall and gasp "I overslept again, damn it!"

    My father likes to have breakfast ready by 9:00 am sharp. Every morning, he meets his friends to gamble the small amount of money he earns the previous day. The small amount of food we have, I get it from cleaning nearby stores. It does not get me a lot of money, but it is enough to put some food on the table.  

I wince as I  put my hair in a ponytail. The memories from last night found its way back into my mind. The harsh words he said about my mother just makes me want to kill him. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself from crying.  

"Don't let him see you like this, Minah. Be strong!" I say to myself as I wipe my tears away.

When I compose myself,  I walk out of my room. Before I could make it any further,  I see three guys talking to my father.  They are all standing in the living room, it appears as if they have just gotten here. As soon as the men notice my presence, they all stare at me. I look at my father, confused since I have never seen these people before, but he is just smiling.

"Don't be so rude, Minah, come say hello to our guests" My father says, walking towards me. Suddenly, he grabs my arm and drags me towards the men. 

Scared, I bow to the three men in front of me "Hello, I'm Minah, nice to meet you"

Instead of saying anything, they all stare at me, with a smile on their lips "What a beauty! I have to  tell you Daehyun, I didn't believe you at first, but she is gorgeous. The boss will be happy with her"

"I told you!  Not only does she clean and cook, but she is also a beauty, just like her mother" Said my father, as his grip gets tighter. 

My heart starts beating faster as those words left his lips. What does this mean?  I have met all of my father's friends, but I have never met these people before. I look at each of them, taking in their appearances. They are all dressed in black. The man in the middle, seems to be the leader. Just like the other two, he is tall and muscular. His piercing brown eyes stared back at mine. However, unlike the other two, his aura is just so dark. His smile is just so evil and malignant.

The strange man walks towards me and looks at me from head to toe. I wince as his hand touches my cheek "Relax darling, I won't bite..unless you want me to" he said, his smile growing. 

My father clears his throat " Does this mean that everything is resolved, Mr. Kim?" asked my father, smiling at the strange man.

"You are clear of your debts Daehyun, but if this one does something we are not happy with, we are coming after you again, understand?" said Mr. Kim, his smile now gone.

Still not understanding what is going on, I turn towards my father "What is going on? Father, what is all of this?" I ask, trying to get away from my father's grip. 

"Thank you for helping me out, Minah. Thanks to you, I am free" My father said, smiling at me. 

I try to get away from my father's grip, but he is not letting me go. I try to hit him with all my might, but the two men grab me and start dragging me out of the house. I try to scream but they place a towel over my mouth and nose. I try struggle and hold onto anything in my path, but it's no use. They are stronger than me. When we exit the house, the two men throw me in a black van. Once inside, I was able to get the towel off my face. 

"Who are you and what do you want from me?!" I scream, still trying to get free.

The tall man smiles at me "I am Kim, Kim Namjoon, and I will be escorting you to my boss. Now sleep tight little angel, we have a long trip ahead of us"

Before I could process what he said, I felt a sharp pain hit the back of my head and soon, darkness took over.

~.~

"Wakey, wakey" I hear a distant voice say as I try to open my eyes. A sharp pain spreads through my head, making me wince. "She's awake! I almost thought she was dead"

I slowly open my eyes and see a tall man staring down at me. He gives me a worried smile and gets closer to me "Are you okay? I am so sorry about those guys, I  specifically told them not to knock you out, but they never listen" he said as he shakes his head. 

I look around and realize I'm in a small room. The room is painted white. In front of the bed, there is a wooden dresser and mirror. To the left, I see a wooden door and a clock on top of it. On the other side, the three familiar men were staring down at me. 

"Where am I?" I ask, closing my eyes. The pain in my head is getting worse by the minute. 

Without missing a beat, the man next to me said "This is your new room! Welcome!"

"What is going on?" I ask, trying to stand up, only to realize that my hands are tied to the bed. I try to pull my hands free, but the ropes are securely tight. "And who are you?"

"My name is Byun Baekhyun, and this is your new room. There is a lot that I have to explain to you, but I would rather do it like civilized people, around a table with food" Said Baekhyun.  " Listen, I'll let you free, but you have to promise not to run away or try anything funny. Okay?" He says, pointing his index finger towards me. 

I nod my head "I promise" I said. 

Baekhyun comes closer to me and starts to untie my hands. I hiss as he releases my hands. I look at my wrists and see blood around them. I clean the blood on my shirt and look at the door. 

"Okay, now th-" before he could finish his sentence, I kicked him in the stomach and ran out the door. 

"GET HER!" I heard the guy scream, but before they could reach the door, I am already running down the corridor. I hear multiple footsteps getting closer and closer. This corridor never seems to end and the sharp pain in my head is getting worse. 

"I need to hide" I say to myself as I see a set of big wooden doors towards the end of the hallway. I run as fast as my feet allow me to and enter the room, slamming the door behind me. I take deep and long breaths before falling on the floor. The pain in my head is so unbearable that everything is starting to feel numb.

I look around the place, and realize I'm in a big room. A King bed with black and white sheets stands in the middle of the room. The large room is beautifully decorated with a mixture of vintage and modern furniture. It's such a beautiful room, but there is such a dark aura around it. I get up from the floor and walk towards the bed. I sit down on it and place my head on my hands. How am I going to run away from here? I walk towards the window and the only thing I see are trees.

Before I could think of anything else, I hear some noises coming from outside the door. With the little strength I have, I get up and hide under the bed. Mere seconds after I hide, a dark figure enters the room. He walks towards the dresser next to the door, and takes his leather jacket off.  After hanging it properly, he reaches towards the back of his pants and pulls out a gun. I gasp loudly, making him turn around and look towards the bed. 

"Who is there?" He asks, grabbing his gun and pointing it in front of him. He walks around the room, checking every corner of the room. I hear his footsteps fade away and suddenly, I can't hear them anymore. I take long breaths, trying to calm myself down. If he sees me, I am dead meat. After a couple of minutes, I haven't heard any noises. He must have left by now. When I believe the coast is clear, I crawl out from under the bed. Before walking towards the door, I take a look around the room. My heart skips a beat when I see the strange man standing by the window, pointing his gun at me.

"Didn't they ever teach you to never enter the Don's room?"