Chapter 2

His Slave

Minah’s Pov

 

"Didn't they ever teach you to never enter the Don's room?" The silver-haired man said to me. His cold eyes stare back into mine and I can't help but shiver. There is no life in them. The emptiness that fills them seem so unreal.

 

My eyes wander from his eyes to the barrel of his golden plated gun. His finger is securely placed on the trigger, ready to shoot at any moment. My breathing starts to get faster as reality hits me. This man can kill me at any second. If I don't act quickly, my life will be over. My eyes wander back into his face. His dark eyes never leaving mine. He is trying to predict my movements. His eyes leave my face and start tracing my body. For a moment, I felt vulnerable. This gorgeous yet dangerous creature, is looking at my body. Suddenly, my cheeks start to burn. No strange man has ever looked at me this closely before.

 

Snapping back into reality, I put my hands up in the air "Please don't shoot!" I say, my voice cracking with fear. "I am no threat, I promise!".

 

As those words left my lips, a light chuckle left his. "I don't consider you a threat." He said coldly as he walks towards me. He his gun and points it to my forehead "I'm not going to kill you because I consider you a threat, I am going to kill you because you disrespected me by entering my private space.”

 

Hearing the word 'kill' makes the desperation in me grows "No, please. I didn't know this was your room. I just want to go home, please!" I beg. Feeling weak, I fall onto my knees and cry shamelessly. "Just let me live. I'll do anything!"

 

I look up at him, my vision blurry because of my tears, but all I see is him smirking. As if this was a funny game, he chuckles again " begging won't say your life, sweetheart."

 

Before he could pull the trigger, the door burst open revealing Baekhyun and his three men. This might sound strange, but I felt relieved when they arrive. There is just something about Baekhyun that does not seem so evil as the others.

 

The men run towards the Don, but Namjoon runs towards me and grabs me by my arm. “You are going to regret this, little .”

 

“Are you okay Jimin?” Asks Baekhyun, walking towards the Don. So that's his name, Jimin. Knowing his name makes me hate him even more. I look at Baekhyun as he speaks to Jimin. He seems to be worried sick about him. Why would he? Not like I was the one with the gun in the room.

 

“I’m fine, Baekhyun. The real question is, Who the is that?” He asks, pointing at me with his gun. I flinch and try to run again, but Namjoon pins me to the floor. I groan as my body hits the hard concrete.

 

Baekhyun sighs “Its the new girl we got. Remember the deal with Daehyun?"

 

Jimin looks away from Baekhyun and starts walking towards me. "Pull her up" Demanded Jimin.

 

Once I'm off the floor, he roughly grabs my neck and squeezes it hard “Listen here, little . There are some things that you have to understand once you start working for me. You are below me, therefore you have to do anything I tell you to. Your father sold you because you are a worthless piece of trash and you will be treated as such. You are to never enter my room again, because if you do, I’ll make sure you never breath again, understood?” Said Jimin, his eyes filled with anger.

 

I nod furiously as tears escape my eyes. His tight grip on my neck is starting to make me lose consciousness “Please, stop” I beg.

 

Before everything went dark, I heard Baekhyun speak to Jimin “You’re going to kill her. She's more valuable to you alive than dead, Jimin"

 

Listening to Baekhyun, he finally lets me free. I fall on the floor gasping for air. "Take her away" Said Jimin as he puts his gun back in his holster. Before I could catch my breath, the two men started dragging me out of the room.

 

"The boss seems extra pissed today" I hear Namjoon say to Baekhyun. "Something must have happened"

 

"You're right. Probably something with Jessica. They were meeting today. I'll to find out what happened after we deal with this one" Said Baekhyun, referring to me.

 

As they dragged me away, I caught a glimpse of a girl, staring at me in fear and worry. Her big and sad eyes caught my attention. She looked behind me towards Baekhyun and Namjoon. Her eyes widened before walking the opposite way, as if she was avoiding being noticed by the two men.

 

In a matter of seconds, we were back in the room I was in before. The two men threw me on the bed, while Baekhyun locked the door behind him.

 

"Listen, Minah, unlike Jimin, I am a very chill and nice person, but what you did back then was extremely dangerous. If we didn't get to you in time, you could have been dead right now." Said Baekhyun.

 

"Please, I just want leave. I don't want to be here!" I say, trying to get up from the bed, but the two men push me back down. It's truly no use. I will never be able to escape this place.

 

Baekhyun looks at me, his eyes softening " I know how hard this is Minah, but I can't let you leave. A deal was made with your father and you came out of it. The mafia never breaks even the smallest of contracts."

 

"That man hates me! He is going to kill me. please, I promise I won't say anything" I beg, trying to get my freedom one last time.

 

Baekhyun sighs and shakes his head "I'm sorry, but I can't." He kneels down and looks me in the eyes "Rest a bit. Tonight we will meet to talk about your chores and what we expect of you"

Baekhyun smiles at me before getting up and walking out of the room with the three men.

 

Numb, I stay on the bed, crying my eyes out. What have I ever done to deserve this kind of punishment? I'm not a bad person, I never was. Why do I have to suffer like this? Despite all the pain in my body, I get up and go towards the door. I try to open it, but as I expected it is locked. There are no windows so there is no way I can escape. Defeated, I go towards the bed and lay down.

I knew my father hated me, but I never realized that his hate for me was so strong that he would be willing to sell me to the mafia. Exhausted and in pain, I close my eyes an soon fall asleep.

 

~.~

 

"Time to wake up" I hear a soft and familiar voice say.

 

I open my eyes, and see Baekhyun looking down at me with a worried smile. "How did you sleep?"

 

Too exhausted to even speak, I ignore his question and close my eyes again.

 

"You have to get up, Minah. Hyeri is waiting for you downstairs" said Baekhyun, grabbing my hand.

 

I snatch my hand away from his and open my eyes. Not saying a word, I get up and wait for him by the door. With a defeated sigh, he walks out of the room and I walk after him.

When we get out of the room, I see the three men waiting for us by the door.

 

"Do they follow you around all day?" I ask, pointing to the three men.

 

"Not all the time, but the boss told them to today after your act earlier" said Baekhyun "You're one of the feisty ones"

 

Ignoring his little remark, I roll my eyes and get closer to him. Out of the four of them, I trust Baekhyun the most. Unlike the rest, he has been kind to me, but I still can't let my guard down around him. After all, he can be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

 

As we walk, I look at my surroundings. I never noticed how huge these hallways were when I ran out. On the ceiling, an enormous crystal chandelier hung. The walls are beautifully decorated with old paintings. A long dark red carpet stood in the middle of the hallway.

 

After walking for a while, we entered a set of doors. These doors led to the kitchen. There, the big eyed girl from before stood, smiling at me and Baekhyun.

 

"Hyeri, this is Minah. The new servant" said Baekhyun, smiling sweetly at Hyeri.

 

I look at Baekhyun and how he smiles at the brown haired girl. This guy is in love. The way his eyes light up and the sight of her, is so obvious, but still kind of cute.

 

Hyeri smiles back at Baekhyun before walking towards me "Hello Minah, nice to meet you!" she said, her sweet mile never leaving her lips.

 

"Nice to meet you too" I say, not wanting to be rude. I look at her and notice she is wearing a uniform. I chuckle at how cliche it is. The usual black and white maid uniform.

 

"I'll leave you two alone. Inform her of her chores and what is expected of her. I'm sure you already know everything, right?" He asks Hyeri, who in returns nods at him.

 

"Make sure she eats something. Nanjoom and his men will be outside in case she gets feisty again" Said Baekhyun, giving me and Hyeri a light smile and a wink before walking out.

 

"I heard you went into the don's room earlier?" Hyeri asks, her eyes filled with curiosity.

 

I nod "I did. Almost got killed for it" I said, sitting down in one of the stools.

 

"Nobody has even gone in there and come out alive. One servant went into it accidently and we haven't seen her since then" She whispered, as if scared of someone listening to her. "you're lucky he didn't kill you"

 

"Lucky me." I said, sarcastically. I lay my head down on the table, still exhausted of everything that has happened today. I look at Hyeri as she moves around the kitchen, getting ready to make food.

 

"So, what types of 'work' are we supposed to do?" I ask, getting my head up and resting it on my hand.

 

"It depends on who you have to serve. We all do the same chores, but for different people. For example,I am Baekhyun's personal maid. I make sure his food is ready. I also make sure his room is clean and sometimes go with him on different trips across the world. I, personally have to make sure his personal needs are met."

 

"Trips around the world? Will I have to travel too?" I ask, curious. 

 

Hyeri nods as she puts a pot on the stove "Yes. It's not very often, but it does happen."

 

"I see." I say. " Going back into what you said earlier, each servant is supposed to serve one person?"

 

"That's right.  Unfortunately, yours is a little more difficult than the others" Hyeri said, as she sat down on the stool next to me. "Remember how I told you that the last person that entered the Don's room was never seen again?" 

 

I nod my head, "You're scaring me, Hyeri"

 

"You are that person's replacement Minah. You're the Don's personal servant."