At A Glance

Royal Bequeathing

CHAPTER 2: RUNAWAY

“You are scheduled to have your piano lessons from 9:00am to 10:00am with Ms. Hayase. Afterwards, you are expected to attend your dance lessons with Mr. Hirano from 10:30am to 11:30am. You will then have a break for lunch and are inclined to attend the open forum with Mrs. Miyano and have a diplomatic exchange of thoughts from 2:00pm to 3:00pm and after that…” A tall and fair built man is explaining while occasionally fixing his glasses as he lays down the day’s schedule for the princess with whom he serves as a butler.
“Shige, that’s ok… knowing Mrs. Miyano, you are very much aware that an hour will never be enough. Also, I want to reserve the afternoon after the open forum for myself. Don’t you think I also deserve a little break every once in a while Shige?” She politely interrupted her butler from their usual morning routine of explaining the day’s schedule of activities after breakfast. Satomi was at her library as she sips her favorite earl grey black tea and reads another book which she recently found interest at. Her long black hair neatly tied back with a simple yet elegant thin headband as she was enjoying her cup of tea while taking a deep breath and taking in the fresh air that gets in as she looks out her opened window.
“Milady, you know that I don’t want anything but to give you some time to rest as well. But also, please keep in mind that much is expected from you especially now that Lady Keiko is very much eager to ensure that you will be favored by Duke Haruma of Protea” Shige said with a professional tone but with a worried look in his face as well.
Sato gently places her teacup down as she took a deep sigh and looks afar. She is very much aware that things such as this is truly inevitable and that this is the only way she can at least appease and please her mother to recognize her. She has always lived under strict rules and she has always felt that whatever she does will never be enough and that she always had to push herself to more than what she can to ensure that things will go smoothly.
“Is it really wrong for me to think that it is even possible to live a normal life and be able to choose a partner not only because of convenience but a partner whom I will love and will actually love me back? Such ideas are truly just a piece in a book and unfortunately, a fantasy for us huh Shige?” She said as she stood up and fixed her posture. “Let’s go. We don’t want Ms. Hayase to wait.” She forces herself to smile as she walks towards the door.
=== ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ ===

“I believe that you are well aware of your schedule for today, Milady, and I am certainly not in the mood to enumerate them all one by one again for you I suppose.” The fair skinned guy with such young yet striking features said as he fixed his glasses and looked through the schedule with a quick glance. He then turned his  attention to the princess he was assigned to attend to which was apparently too busy trying to write up some new notes on the score she was holding while playing some random keys on her piano. This was also a usual routine for them after the regular breakfast meetings and being used to each other’s presence, their sarcasms and antics has always been a normal thing with them.
“Un.” The princess just said without putting much care into it as she continued what she was doing and hums along with her writing.
“Princess Chiaki, if you don’t mind. I was quite surprised with your remark a while ago. You usually just let things like that pass since I know that you are well aware about how Lady Rein’s mouth usually works. So, why back her up now?” The butler said as he looks seriously at Chiaki.
“Nino, I did just what was needed. What I said are all true don’t you agree?” She said with her usual flat tone as she set the score aside and started playing another new piece at her piano.
“Still, that was somehow reckless of you.” Nino said as he sighs and listens intently at her new piece.
Her soft melody echoed inside the room as it slowly transforms into something that is totally different. The soft tones slowly turned into a more vibrant and lively and the were heavier and more intense as her reactions and her body movements goes along with it all. Suddenly, the music stops and there was an eerie silence as the halt was an unusual stop.
“Are you not going to finish this one?” Nino asked as he assisted Chiaki who now stood up.
“It’s meant to be that way. It will come to a finish when it is the right time. For now, I cannot afford to be late on the next appointment.  Let’s go.” Chiaki then fixed herself and went out to follow the day’s schedule.
=== ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ ===

 “Haaaaaah!!” Rein let out a huge sigh as she outstretched her arms and slumped back to her bed.
“My lady, please don’t get back to bed again. Your clothes and hair will get wrinkled and all messed up.” Taipi said worriedly as he closed the door of her chamber as he slowly went to her side and gently assists her to sit up instead. 
“Mou Taipi! You are always so strict and formal. At least be a little bit considerate when we are alone together.” She pouts as she buries her face at her fluffy cotton pillow. “You know, we are lucky that father suddenly have an appointment or else we would’ve been in his room and listening relentlessly on his never ending sermons that will just state that I am such a sore eye blah blah blah.” She said disinterestedly as she turns to her side and hugs her pillow. 
“He is just so unfair. Just what does he think of us? We are his daughters but he just treats us as his pawns just so that he can accomplish and get further glory. Such a horrible person and I hate him.”
Taipi then sat beside Rein as he gently caressed her hair and patted her head gently. “You don’t have to stress yourself out and I am sorry if I have to be strict to you. As much as I don’t want to do it at times, it is still my obligation to teach you accordingly as your tutor and butler as well. I don’t want to be negligent on my duty for if I do, then I will be ousted as your butler and the king will appoint someone on my stead which is something that I don’t know if I can handle. I apologize so please don’t be angry…” He then slowly laid down beside Rein as he gently turns her around to face him. Rein was still a bit disappointed so she simply buried her face at her pillow. This makes Taipi let out a small laugh and gently took the pillow of and hugged the princess as he lets her head rest as his chest.
“Please don’t think too much about it ok. If anything happens, I am here so you don’t need to worry too much.” He then gently placed a kiss on her head and wrapped his arms around her securing her into an embrace.
“You are such a sly and cunning person. Geez. Unfair.” Rein said and cuddled under his warm embrace and hugged him.
“Can I simply stay like this with you for a while? I still am sleepy ne.” Rein said as she snuggled closely and looked up to him with such cute and innocent eyes.
Taipi just sighed and chuckled. “You are calling me sly and cunning yet you are the one who does such things to me. Now tell me how I can even say no when you look at me like that. Fine. I will be giving you some time to rest.” He smiles and hugs Rein and watches her in her sleep.


=== ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ ===

 

"Keito kun! Please help me tune my guitar?" The pretty lady batted her long lashes as she tries to muster her best cute and pretty voice hoping that this will actually help her to convince her crush to notice him.

"Sure. May I?" The good looking guy took her guitar as he slides his fingers across some of his bangs which falls off to his face just because his pony wasnt able to hold these strands off. This simple gesture made some girls squeal and hold on to their chests as if their hearts will burst in an instant because of his inexplicable cool aura. Apparently, the guy named Keito is quite well known and is a magnet to the girls despite his quiet nature and serious look. 

"Anoo, I think Keito needs some silence girls." The store owner passed by and gave the squealing girls a sunny smile and this gesture only made the squealing worse since he is also a charm. His features a big contrast to Keito with his sunny personality and who is always seen with a smile. His hair is bouncy and short and is somewhat colorful and gives off a vibrant aura.

"Ohh! Chanyeol... We its your fault now!" One of the girls said in a very flirtatious voice which made her gain all the daggering stare from the others."

"Done. Please pay all the charges to our cashier." Keito said nonchalantly but the girls see it as cool and went off to the back again.

"You done?" Chanyeol asked his expert guitarist and cousin as he sees him walk off.

"Yeah. Will just have some practice. Later." He said and walked off as the girls looked at him.

"Awww! I thought I will get a chance with him today!" The girl who just had her guitar set said with her cute pout as she felt helpless looking at him go his way.

=== ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ === ♫ ===