The Kingdom of Wisteria

Royal Bequeathing

Hello there! You might be wondering what is happening but apparently, you are here and because it will be rude for me to not entertain a wonderful guest, then please feel free and let me attend to your needs.

Oh? You are still confused aren’t you? I am here to show you what is happening and apparently, our existence in this world is not felt. Ok, please sit back and have some tea and some of this sweet morsels while I am explaining everything to you.

You see, for starters my dear, I am Greggy. Who am I? For now I will be your butler but I am originally Lady Chiaki’s “imaginary friend”. Who is she? You sure do have a lot of questions in mind. Patience my dear is the key. Now let’s look into it.

We live at the Kingdom of Wisteria under King Johnny’s ruling. Also known as the center and the most prominent and powerful of all the kingdoms in the land. The other kingdoms are the Kingdoms of Protea, Azalea, Aster, and Diascia. Wisteria is divided in East and West. The East Wisteria is where most of the prominent and noble families of the land stay. The land is developed to cater the social needs of the kingdom. The West Wisteria is flourished with lands perfect for trade and agriculture and where most of the commoners are staying.

In this Kingdom lives three beautiful Princesses. The first born is Princess Satomi, Daughter of Lady Keiko who is well known from her noble lineage and wit. It was their clan that helped the Kingdom since the beginning of its foundation with proposing strategies for the betterment of the land and helped achieved its success.

The second Princess is my dear friend, the one who created me in her little world, Princess Chiaki. She is the daughter of Lady Keiri, one of the most gifted artist and musician in the land. Her music can enchant everyone who hears it and is quite well known for her genius in the field of music and arts. Lady Keiri has always been successful at representing the Kingdom in all functions and events and has helped to promote the industry at the Kingdom.

Last but not the least is Princess Rein. She is the Daughter of Lady Risa who is hailed at the Kingdom’s beauty queen. Her beauty and grace is said to be unparalleled and this her advocacies has helped the Kingdom to expand their awareness and promote friendly ties with the different nations around them. Her smile is so gentle and sublime that it was said that men will naturally get tongue tied that moment they lay their eyes on her.

If you are wondering about why there are three princesses under different mothers, it is because the King is seeking to have a male heir. Apparently, after three tries, he got three beautiful princesses instead. Now the pressure lies both on the three princesses to prove themselves to be worthy of the throne or to have either of the three queen’s to produce a male heir.

Now that you have a gist of what the kingdom is all about, why don’t we look into the lives of my dear princesses? Well, I do hope that you are not expecting a bit too much from them since well… they are still a bit rough around the edges.

[Inside the Castle of Wisteria]

“Princess Rein! Princess Rein! Please wait up. Geez… How many times do I have to tell you that a proper princess doesn’t run at the hallway?!” A tall and handsome guy was trying to run after the princess as his black hair is getting disheveled and his good looking face is now warped as his brows are knitted while trying to scold his princess who is now running late to the usual morning breakfast routine.

“Geez Taipi, it won’t hurt to have a run and exercise in the morning right?! You are always so formal. Loosen up will you!” The princess said as her short black hair is still not combed and as she runs while trying to fix her dress.

“A pleasant morning everyone!” Princess Rein said as she went in the dining hall while trying to fix herself as she walks to her seat.

“Good morning Rein. Geez, you shouldn’t make Taipi get all that worked up in the morning.” Princess Satomi chuckles as she waits for Rein to sit beside her and fixes some of the strands of her hair.

“Well, I will be more surprised if she is actually the first one who gets into the dining hall you know.” That was Princess Chiaki as she helps Rein fix some parts of her dress while Rein’s butler, Taipi, arrives together with the tray of her breakfast and assists her and Rein proceeds to eat as well as her other sisters.

Sitting adjacent to them are their respective mothers who are observing them and the King himself sitting at the Head of the table as he looks at them as well.

“I’m glad that you are all here today as I am about to make an announcement.” The King said which took the attention of everyone and fixed their gaze at him.

“I am planning to arrange the party for where you three can meet your prince consorts. You are all of the proper age to get yourselves a decent man who can someday be worthy of the throne and maybe produce a male heir yourself.” He said nonchalantly while eating his aperitif.

“Dear, aren’t we rushing a bit? I don’t think there is a need to rush.” Lady Risa reacted as she takes a sip from her tea.

“I hate to say but I agree with Lady Risa. Our country’s standing is still stable and I don’t see the need to conduct a lavish party to look for possible consorts. Besides, we already have an eye for some possible candidates.” Lady Keiri showed her agreement to Lady Risa’s interjection.

“My Love, is it still necessary for my dear Satomi? I mean, she already has Duke Haruma of Protea as her fiancé right?” Lady Keiko said as it gave Satomi a pained look.

“I know your sentiments but I don’t think there is a problem with us planning things out. I know that there is a strong alliance between Wisteria, Protea, Azalea, Aster and Diascia but we still can’t let our guards down. We know how the tradition at our Kingdom is and that there is still a need to produce a male heir of the lineage.” The king said in his usual authoritative tone which made all the ladies on the table silent.

Rein let out a deep sigh which took the attention of everyone and their eyes locked on her.

“If you all are so excited about us getting married and producing a male heir then I don’t think that’s going to be a problem. But instead of holding a lavish party and setting us up with different guys, why won’t you let us have the right to choose the man we will love and bear a child with him instead. I know that we are princesses but we are also humans and I think we deserve to love and be loved.” Rein said which made all the queens drop their jaws.

“I know that this is already a customary rule in the kingdom but can’t we at least do anything to change or alter this? We are facing a new age and I think we must also conform to the current adjustments.” Satomi tried to support Rein’s claim as she looked at her father as well.

“I think the idea of marriage is not only to bind yourself for the sake of political convenience. You will be spending the rest of your life whit someone so that someone must be a person whom you will treasure and love not only because you find them useful but because you share a bond no one or nothing can ever cut” Chiaki reacted with her usual calm demeanor and now all the Queens are frozen in place for this is the first time that the princesses has reacted with such determination.

“My Kingdom. My rules. I got what you said but you are still all too young to understand. We are doing this to secure our future for this land” The King said as he finished his meal and stood up and went to his room.

“That was brave.” Chiaki looked at Rein and smiled.

“Well, I didn’t expect you two to back me up though.” Rein shrugged as she ate her meal as if nothing happened.

“I think we still have a loooooong way to go before we convince our father to finally consider our opinions.” Satomi said as she let out a sigh.

“Girls, I understand your predicaments but I suggest that you don’t talk back to your father like that. Please think of it for your sake as well.” Lady Risa said as she looks at the three princesses worriedly.

“You know how much conversations where we defy him simply ticks him off. You of all people should show a sense of maturity and try to pacify things out instead of encouraging it Satomi. I am very disappointed in you today. And how many times do I have to tell you not to slack off while eating! Is that really how you want to present yourself? How can you even make Duke Haruma take a liking to you if you are that unpolished?! Shigeaki, make sure that the princess gets her punishment for this. Excuse me.” Lady Keiko said in an irritated tone as she stood up and went to her chamber as well.

“Yes my Queen.” The tall and kind looking guy named Shigeaki said as he bowed and turned to look at Satomi. He is Shigeaki Kato who is Satomi’s personal tutor and bodyguard. Much like Taipi who is actually Fujigaya Taisuke and also acts as Rein’s personal tutor and bodyguard. Chiaki also has Kazunari Ninomiya as her personal tutor and bodyguard.

“Looks like youre gonna have a hard time again neechan…” Rein said apologetically as she looks at Satomi.

“Well, we are used to it ne.” She smiled instead and patted Rein’s hair.

“So… when are you planning to tell father that you are in a relationship with Taipi now and that you are thinking about being wed with him and that you can solve all this problems by producing a male heir with him?” Chiaki said in her nonchalant and calm demeanor that made Taipi as red as a beetroot and Rein blowing up all the tea she was drinking.

“Wh… wha… what made you think of all of those!!!! I… I mean… i… it’s not that…” Rein was stuttering as she was also as red as a tomato with her sister’s sudden remark.

“Looks like another bullseye. You are seriously creepy Chiaki.” Satomi said as she sighs yet again. “You know we cannot keep this secret for long and I am sure our father already has some lingering ideas about that especially after that remark you just made today.”

“I won’t be surprised if he sends one of his men and calls you to his room to discuss what just happened.” Chiaki said as she looks at the mess Rein made.

“Princess Rein, Sire Fujigaya, the King requests for your grace to meet him at his office.” One of the King’s servants arrived at the dining hall and asks for them to follow him to meet the King.

“I swear you are definitely creepy as always Chiaki and please do not invite such bad omen! Aish! I know I know. Another talk with him and for sure he will go on and on and on on his sermon to me that always seems like forever.” Rein slumped and scratched her hair irritatingly.

“Let us, your highness.” Taipi flashed his best smile as he readied his arm for where rein will rest her hand at.

“Their sweetness is too gross.” Chiaki muttered and Satomi laughed as they see them off.

 

Little did they know that what they thought will only be a simple conversation and a sermon would actually reveal secrets that will mark the beginning of the biggest change that is to happen in their lives.