Nine

Still You [EDITING]

            “You’re such a cutie.” Taeyeon scrunches her nose as she nuzzles with Seungwoo’s. Maybe having a baby in the house wasn’t such a bad thing. Seungwoo was a very cute kid, and he had an eyesmile; Taeyeon guesses that the smiley eyes run in the genes, not like she’s complaining though. She giggles and she puts the baby on the high chair that Mr. Hwang had brought for him; the old man sure was ready.

            Tiffany kept her head low as she kept on playing with her fingers on her lap. She wasn’t sure what to do. She was shocked about what had happened with Siwon but she also thinks that she is in no place to tell Taeyeon anything, because in the first place, she brought this upon herself. She glances at Taeyeon who was busy feeding Seungwoo and that was a sight that would normally make her smile because two cuties were interacting in front of her but right now, things weren’t very normal.

            Taeyeon smiles at the baby and she wipes the food on the corner of his mouth. She stares at Tiffany when she realized that the woman had been awfully quiet ever since she came back from the parking lot,

            “Is something wrong?” she asks, genuinely curious. She raises an eyebrow when Tiffany seemed to space out again. There was definitely something wrong but she is also in no place to demand an answer. She bites her lip as she thinks of the next words that she’s going to say but Tiffany already had something to say,

            “Can I ask for a hug?”

            Taeyeon, though taken aback was more than willing to give in to the request. Something was definitely bothering the woman but she won’t force it out of her. She nods her head and she puts the little spoon on the bowl as she engulfs the other girl in a hug.

            Tiffany bites her lip when Taeyeon engulfed her in a hug. She wraps her arm around the other girl’s waist and she buries her face into her shirt. She wanted to cry, really, but crying would invite a lot of questions from the other woman. She feels Taeyeon run her hands on her hair and she felt a little calm again,

            “If you feel like crying, just let it out.”

            And those were the words that Tiffany wanted to hear. She bites her lip to stop her from whimpering when her tears finally fell. Taeyeon felt her breaking down and she hugs her tighter because that’s the only thing that she could give the girl for now. It wasn’t just because she needed to sign those papers, the older woman felt that there was something wrong and the other girl just doesn’t want her to know.

            “Everything will be fine, Fany. Don’t worry.”

            Taeyeon feels Tiffany’s arms loosen around her waist and she crouches down to match Tiffany’s eye level. She looked cute; with her red eyes and her red nose. The younger lets out an unattractive snort and it almost makes the older laugh. She uses her thumbs to wipe the remaining tears on the other’s face and she smiles,

            “Seungwoo is probably judging you now.” She jokes and they both look at the baby who was looking at them with much innocence that it makes Tiffany blush.

            The younger immediately wipes her tears and she clears silently praying that Taeyeon would stop staring at her because she isn’t used to being looked at with much love these days.

            Taeyeon, who was sensing that the girl was becoming awkward with her, she smiles to herself and she goes back to her place; beside Seungwoo and she continues to feed the baby until she was full. Tiffany just kept on playing with her food the whole time, all the more reason for Taeyeon to be worried because the woman loved to eat and she most certainly won’t miss a meal for anything.

            “Do you want me to feed you too?”

            “No. I’m sorry; I’m just occupied with something.”

            “You can tell me anything, Fany.”

            Tiffany bites her lip as she stares at Taeyeon who had a genuine look of worry on her face. It’s so good to know that she still cared for her even after all the pain that she’s put her through. She really was lucky to have Taeyeon and she wished, for the first time, that she didn’t play games because if she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have to be caught up in a problem as deep as this. She thinks for a moment if she should tell the woman because it would be a real breather if she knows she’s protected from Siwon but she also battles the thought that she deserved this for everything that she’s done.

            In the end chooses to keep things to herself,

            “I… just… I just want to work again. That’s all.”

            Taeyeon hums in response, “sure, why not?”

            “A-are you sure? But Seungwoo, he’ll be alone—“

            The older chuckles when she hears the answer,

            “I’m the owner of my company, I don’t need to work. Most of my projects are done so, I’m basically on vacation.” She shrugs as she gathers the plates on the table, “you can go to work, Fany. I was actually very curious why you don’t go to work these days. I asked you to stay here for a few months but I didn’t ask you to stop working.”

            “I know. I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to be more stressed than I already am, I guess.”

            “I’m sorry.” Taeyeon purses her lips as she turns her back on Tiffany, “I’ll end this the soonest, don’t worry. I know I’m probably taking your happiness away from you.”

            “N-no! You aren’t.” Tiffany trails off. She fakes a smile at the older when she turns to give her a smile.

 

 

 

 

            Tiffany puts on lipstick as she gets ready for a girls’ night out with her girlfriends. She was lucky enough that Taeyeon wasn’t so keen on letting her go to clubs even if they’re already married. That’s how big her trust is. Tiffany was gorgeous, she could be hit on anywhere she goes and Taeyeon wouldn’t mind because she knows and believes that Tiffany won’t do something that would hurt her.

            The woman claps her hand when she’s done applying makeup and she grins to herself.

            It’s been years since she last hung out with her friends. Of course, they’ve been very busy with their own careers and love stuff. It’s either they just chat and e-mail each other but they don’t normally go to clubs because their schedules don’t usually match. So when there came a time that their schedules finally matched, they grabbed the opportunity to have fun and catch up in person.

            Tiffany was awoken from her trance when she hears a knock on her window. She presses the button and she sees her old friends; Hyuna, Bora and Jessica and some guys she wasn’t familiar with.

            “Stop staring and just go out of the car Hwang!” Bora giggles as she pulls Tiffany out of the car. Of course the latter was just taking in the moment, she’s almost forgotten how fun clubbing was because she’s been busy travelling different countries with Taeyeon; an experience more fun than clubbing, by the way.

            They make their way through the crown and Tiffany flinches at the loud speakers booming inside the space. She could feel her eardrums drumming at every rhythm and she grins when she sees people getting high and drunk and dancing on the dance floor. She was then pulled to the bar, where a bartender shoots her a cunning smile, an action that immediately made her blush.

            Tiffany was a mixture of cute and gorgeous; it won’t be too long until some random guy tries to hook up with her, even after she tells them that she’s married.

            She sits down on one of the stools and orders some drink which the bartender readily prepares for her,

            “What’s a beautiful lady doing in a bar, alone?” the bartender asks as he eyes Tiffany from head and to whatever is visible in front of him.

            “Oh?” Tiffany points to herself. She turns to her right and to her left to check if the man was talking to her and she blushes when she sees nobody, “I-I’m not alone. I’m with my friends but I’m not sure where they are.” She trails off.

            The young bartender smirks then chuckles at Tiffany’s innocence. She looked like she wasn’t a patron at these types of bars but he’s willing to make Tiffany one; she was an easy target and sooner or later, somebody would approach her.

            “Hey Hwang look at that eye candy over there 2 o’clock.” Bora  out of nowhere suddenly appears and sips on Tiffany’s drink, which surprises the girl. Bora wreaked of alcohol and some perfume too strong for her.

            She’s been so used to Taeyeon’s sweet and innocent fragrance that she couldn’t stand smelling men’s perfume.

            “What did you say?” She shouts. She couldn’t hear what the girl was saying because of the music blasting from the speakers. She sees Bora smiling lazily at her and the next thing she knew she was being dragged towards a table of guys she doesn’t even know.

            “This is my friend, Tiffany!” the other girl introduces them to the guys on the table. They looked nice and they oozed charisma, Tiffany thinks that maybe that’s what pulled Bora to their table. She awkwardly smiles at the people on the table and she is pushed to sit down next to a handsome man who had dimples and an amazing smile,

            “Hello Tiffany, I’m Siwon.”

            Tiffany smiles at him then shakes his extended hand,

            “Hello Siwon.” She answers simply.

            “I’ve heard of you before. You’re like a rising fashion designer right?”

            The woman blushes and she looks down on her lap. She’s still very new to the fashion industry so it flusters her to know that people already know who she is. She nods her head then smiles at the guy and she is answered with a chuckle,

            “You’re gorgeous. So what brings you here?”

            “I’m with my friends. This is supposed to be our date but I guess they have their own dates now.” She points towards her three friends who had different guys and girls going crazy over them. She sighs and she wishes that she didn’t come because it would be much enjoyable at home.

            “So why didn’t you bring your wife?” Siwon asks and he hands Tiffany a glass of whatever liquor that was. Tiffany as more than glad to drink it,

            “Oh so you know that I’m married?”

          “Of course! You girls are big in the country! So how is it living with one of the most powerful women in Korea?”

            Tiffany chuckles and she puts the glass down on the table,

            “It’s fun. Our marriage life is beautiful. She’s perfect but… I don’t know. She’s become very busy at the moment. I just miss her.” She trails off, “I miss waking up with her next to me. I miss her cooking food. I miss seeing her dorky self at home. I miss hearing her stories. Right now, she barely goes home and when I try to see her at the office it’s either she’s out of the country or she’s out on a meeting.” She chuckles when she realized she’s blabbered too much, “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t be bothering you with my problems.”

            Siwon chuckles too and he reaches for Tiffany’s hand which shocks the woman and she immediately retracts her hand. The man raises both his arms in surrender, as if telling her that he means no harm,

            “I’m sorry. I just want to comfort you that’s all.” He clears, “I mean, with someone like you at home, I probably will stop working so I could pay attention to you, unless there’s someone far better looking at the office, if you know what I mean.” He reaches for the liquor on the table and he chuckles.

            Tiffany gulps as thoughts started to cloud her mind. Was there somebody else? Question started to cloud her mind because Siwon did have a point. What if Taeyeon is tired of her? What if she’s not enough for her anymore? What if Taeyeon is taking somebody else in her trips abroad? What if she’s just disguising her trips abroad as business meetings?

            She can’t lose Taeyeon.

            Taeyeon is her life. She just doesn’t show it but she always reminds Taeyeon how much she loves her through words.

            Was she not showing enough? Maybe it’s because she’s just words and not keen on actions.

            “Do you think I’m not enough?” she asks, not thinking clearly because she’s distracted by the thought that maybe Taeyeon didn’t love her anymore.

            “Are you kidding me? You are more than enough!”

            “You think so?”

            “Yes, I think so.”

 

 

 

 

            “…If I tell you to be my , you will be my . Do you understand?!”

            Tiffany quickly sits up from her bed as she awakens from a dream she didn’t want. Siwon’s words keep on haunting her, and for once in her life, she wanted to disappear so she wouldn’t have to see him again. She’s worried because the man could do anything to her, or to Taeyeon or what if he learns about Seungwoo? She can’t even imagine what she would do if Siwon hurts Seungwoo. She rubs her eyes and she jumps out of bed, not in the mood to sleep anymore. Taeyeon and Seungwoo are probably already in deep sleep because they’ve been playing the whole day so they must be very tired.

            The younger tiptoes her way down the stairs so she doesn’t make a sound that could potentially wake her wife and the baby up. She sees Taeyeon’s sleeping soundly on the sofa and she sighs, she wants to sleep too but she’s too scared that her nightmare would be replayed in her mind. She bites her lip when a thought enters her mind and she almost doesn’t do it, but she will. She takes baby steps and she halts and sits in front of the sofa, with Taeyeon’s sleeping figure in front of her.

            Somehow, a sleeping Taeyeon was very soothing, and she hopes that she’d calm down and she’s go back to sleep after. She just stares at the older woman who was sleeping soundly and unconsciously she smiles, it’s been long since she last watched Taeyeon sleep and it doesn’t fail to make her smile,

            “Fany…” Taeyeon lets out a grunt when she cracks an eye open and she sees Tiffany hugging her knees while watching her sleep, “what are you doing?” she asks

            “I’m sorry. I can’t sleep.” Tiffany answers and she looks down on her feet which makes Taeyeon sigh,

            “Did you have a nightmare?”

            The younger nods her head and Taeyeon smiles,

            “How about you sleep beside me?” she suggest as she scoots to make space for Tiffany.

            The other girl stares at Taeyeon with wide eyes and she watches as the older makes space for her. She wasn’t sure if it was a good idea but it doesn’t hurt to try. At least she’d be able to sleep though uncomfortably. She nods her head then makes herself comfortable on the little space that Taeyeon had made for her and she smiles,

            “Do you want me to hug you?” she hears the older ask and she blushes but nods anyway.

            Tiffany bites her lip when she feels Taeyeon putting an arm under her neck and she smiles when she wraps an arm over the older’s body. She closes her eyes when she feels Taeyeon run her fingers on her hair and she could feel that there’s always light in darkness.

            “What if I fall, Tae?” she mumbles agains Taeyeon’s neck.

            The latters smiles and kisses the top of Tiffany’s head,

            “Then I’ll catch you.”